• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Apparently" Refrigerators Are Coming To The Values!

Awesome.:)

Thanks for the update.:)

Did they know refrigerators were comimg to POP or was it a "magical" surprise for them?:)

They didn't know. A little pixie dust. They got a fridge for the length of their stay but on day two got a letter on their door asking them to remove everything from the entertainment stand because the new one will be installed the next day. They also got reimbursed for the fridge rental for the remaining days.

They didn't know. A little pixie dust. They got a fridge for the length of their stay but on day two got a letter on their door asking them to remove everything from the entertainment stand because the new one will be installed the next day. They also got reimbursed for the fridge rental for the remaining days.

Did they say if it was a regular 'dorm' fridge. I am just wondering if it has a small freezer compartment?

That's great. I'm glad they were refunded for the remaining days. That was a nice touch on WDW's part -- and, I'm sure you're parents spent that money with WDW anyway, so it's a win-win!

Any chance your parents took a photo? (Because everyone takes photos of their resort fridges! They'd have to understand the Dis crowd you hang with.)

now that is great news - we don't have to haul our fridge down there in May!

I was wondering why they needed a permit to put in a fridge (when there was already a place for it) - mystery solved!

I never thought I would be so excited about a little hotel fridge....but I am :thumbsup2

It is the little things that count....

Hold onto your hats, another thread opened up this morning and someone is at POP and used wifi last night.

How excited would you be about that????

If you ever rented a fridge from a value before, that little cube fridge, then that's it. They're just getting more. Apparently it is cheaper to install fridges in all the rooms than it costs for manpower to bring one up, take one back each time, plus, injuries, workman's comp, plus all of the value fridges taking up the luggage rooms. CM friend saw them yesterday and confirmed they're the same size ones as if you rented them from the front desk.

I've never seen the cube fridges. How much do they hold? For example, about how many soda or water bottles, a half-gallon of milk?

Thanks!

I texted my parents to ask about the size of fridge. If I get a text back I'll be lucky let alone a pic of it. Ha ha.

Thanks for the link!:)

It looks really nice-as much of it as I can "make out" anyway.LOL:)
LOL, I know what you mean. It's hard to judge how big it is from the grainy photo. To me, it looks like the brand name is Avanti. They make several models of refrigerator but I'm thinking that it might be this one:
http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/472
The cube refrigerators don't look like they have the same dimensions as the one in the photo. And I can see Disney going with a "greener" version of the 2.X cubic foot fridge that uses less energy to run.

LOL, I know what you mean. It's hard to judge how big it is from the grainy photo. To me, it looks like the brand name is Avanti. They make several models of refrigerator but I'm thinking that it might be this one:
The cube refrigerators don't look like they have the same dimensions as the one in the photo. And I can see Disney going with a "greener" version of the 2.X cubic foot fridge that uses less energy to run.

Thanks for the "investigative" work.:)

I agree-that model could very well be the one they are installing.:)

It is going to be so "strange" having a refrigerator in my room during my next Holiday.Can't wait!:)

Seriously, you don't think $10 a night is bad for just a teeny little fridge? Think about it. If that fridge was rented out each night it would be earning $3,650 dollars a year. I like ASMovies. I think it's silly that when I stayed there with my 1 year old a few years ago that I would have to pay an extra $10 a night so I could keep some milk available for her if she wanted some during the night. And, as far as rack rate goes, My sister is going to stay at ASMovies for two nights... a Tuesday and Wednesday night, February 21-23... and with the spring discount it is $307 for the two nights for a non-preferred room.

Here's what I really don't get. The OP posts with some excitement that the values may be getting little fridges. Several people think this is exciting news but there is a faction that just plain doesn't think value people are worthy of a teeny fridge. Something must be done to keep the values separate and below the moderates, they cry. Well, maybe, just maybe, little fridges or coolers or whatever is just something that would be nice and helpful for people on a budget. Is it really necessary for there to be, effectively a charge of $3650 per year for the use of a little fridge that often doesn't even work that well?

I just don't get why people would be speaking against the values getting something positive. Do people really think it costs Disney $10 a day to run those fridges? If that were true then my large fridge would cost as much as my mortgage to run. The electricity angle is not working for me. I think it's something a little less kind than that.
:thumbsup2

That is the same mini-fridge we had in our room at POR back in December. So glad to see them finally getting them at the values, especially since we'll be at POP this December! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter