Apple scooter

I am planning on reserveing a scooter for our Oct trip but what is holding me back is which one to get. It will be my first time ever using one so I really thing the smaller 3 wheel model would be best for manuerability but I am worried about the lesser battery power too. Another thing that worries me is I read where someone had a problem with the smaller model 'lurching" and the poster said it was because of their weight they thought. I weight 235 so I wonder if that is a problem I might also encounter if I rent the smaller 3 wheel model.

I believe I am the poster you refered to... I had 2 different scooters from 2 different companys that lurched, but no problem with the heavy duty model... however, I weigh around 280 (which is much closer to the 300 limit than 235).... you should have no problems with the basic model.

The Apple scooter that my friend rented last month was the 3 wheel model. She weighs about 200 lbs, and never experienced lurching problems. Trust me, we were gone for the entire day, and never worried about the battery power.
Hope this input helps.

I believe I am the poster you refered to... I had 2 different scooters from 2 different companys that lurched, but no problem with the heavy duty model... however, I weigh around 280 (which is much closer to the 300 limit than 235).... you should have no problems with the basic model.

Thank you both so very much for taking the time to reply, I can rent the smaller 3 wheel model now with complete confidence. DISers are the BEST!:thumbsup2

I've already PMed this to Sue for inclusion in the FAQ, but thought I would post it here as well.

I just talked to Apple Scooter and they do rent 2 other scooters besides what is shown on the web page. The Pride Victory 9 and the Pride Maxima, in both 3 and 4 wheel.

So there are 2 other options. The inclusion of the Maxima is great, because it is for pooh sized guests (Up to 500lb, that's a lot of honey!).

:)As stated in my earlier post I used them last Oct. and then my DH used them in March and no problems here. In fact, I have to reserve one for him to use in Oct. and will be using Apple again.

Just got back from two weeks at WDW. Had another great experience renting a gogo traveller 3 wheel scooter from Alex at Apple scooter. At parks for over 12 hours at a time on most days, no problems at all with batteries having enough charge. I talked with Alex, and he told me they put new batteries in all their scooters every 4 to 5 months. Also as allways my scooter was waiting for me at my hotel when I arrived. Thanks again Apple Scooter for the great customer service.

I was one of the very first users of Apple Scooters and I was also one that highly recommended them and I still do.

Due to a post on this board I called and spoke to the owner personally from Apple. I felt obliged to discuss this other post with him; because, I was one to profess my likes of them.

Anyway, he told me some interesting stuff. There has been a poster who works for another scooter company trying to say bad things about them on websites like this one. I was astonished by this remark, but I could see this happening to all the scooter companies.

Anyway, he also mentioned just like they can have mechanical issues with scooters that the rental users can also mistreat scooters and cause their own problems. He shared one story where he knew the renter had to be running through rain puddles and driving the scooter in a downpour and then complained that the scooter wasn't working afterwards. You can't water log a scooter and expect it to keep running.

Personally, we have used Apple Scooters a lot and I will continue to use them for future trips. As long as a scooter is mechanical there can be problems with all of them and each rental company will have good and bad stories to tell.

Just got back from two weeks at WDW. Had another great experience renting a gogo traveller 3 wheel scooter from Alex at Apple scooter. At parks for over 12 hours at a time on most days, no problems at all with batteries having enough charge. I talked with Alex, and he told me they put new batteries in all their scooters every 4 to 5 months. Also as allways my scooter was waiting for me at my hotel when I arrived. Thanks again Apple Scooter for the great customer service.

Thanks for taking the time to post your positive review of Apple Scooter :thumbsup2

I was one of the very first users of Apple Scooters and I was also one that highly recommended them and I still do.

Due to a post on this board I called and spoke to the owner personally from Apple. I felt obliged to discuss this other post with him; because, I was one to profess my likes of them.

Anyway, he told me some interesting stuff. There has been a poster who works for another scooter company trying to say bad things about them on websites like this one. I was astonished by this remark, but I could see this happening to all the scooter companies.

Anyway, he also mentioned just like they can have mechanical issues with scooters that the rental users can also mistreat scooters and cause their own problems. He shared one story where he knew the renter had to be running through rain puddles and driving the scooter in a downpour and then complained that the scooter wasn't working afterwards. You can't water log a scooter and expect it to keep running.

Personally, we have used Apple Scooters a lot and I will continue to use them for future trips. As long as a scooter is mechanical there can be problems with all of them and each rental company will have good and bad stories to tell.

I had never given any thought to the things mentioned in your post but makes total sense. I have read enough good posts about Apple and decided to rent from them myself in October.

I have been to Apple's store. They are actually in the Crossroads Shopping Center right across SR535 from Hotel Plaza Blvd. I did not meet Alex, but they had a large supply of ECVs on hand.

We used Apple during our trip in May; we did have trouble - twice, but I will say the service was quick and very courteous. Mechanical problems can happen with any scooter, but I was very pleased with the response we got from Apple. They came right to us - once at the front of the park and once to DTD.

I injured a foot the day before a trip to WDW and tried a rental wheelchair....for about 30 minutes in the MK. I called Apple from my cellphone on Main Street. In less than 5 minutes, we had a deal. They had the scooter waiting when we returned to the Polynesian.

The scooter was their basic 3 wheel model. I charged it each night, I weigh about 160 and it often carried me and a 75 lb kid. The battery indicator never moved off of full.

The scooter turned what would have been a miserable vacation into a great one! I would definitely recommend Apple. The valet at the Polynesian also had nice things to say about Apple.

DFH and I rented 2 ECV's from them 9/28-10/7... we had problems with both scooters:

mine kept beeping and lurching after 2 days of running smoothly- we called apple they said someone would be out to replace it. Someone called us back to tell us no more large scooters were available. if it was still happening the next day to call back. The next day it started doing the same thing... we called again and after my DFH spoke with the gentleman, someone agreed to meet us at the front of Epcot in 40 minutes. they swapped out the scooters, and I never had another problem.

DFH's started acting up the day after mine was replaced. At the end of the night it would go from full to dead in a matter of minutes while mine still had full charge. 3 nights in a row he had to push his scooter off and on buses and back to the campsite because it simply died. the 3rd night he called apple for a replacement, and he had to argue with the gentleman to come out and replace the scooter the following morning. The gentleman on the phone said it was the battery, just kept saying to plug it in. IMHO, there is no reason his should have been doing that when we have the same model scooter, charge it the same, went the same distances,and weigh the same.

Our scooters both charged for 7+hours each night and we went less than 25 miles a day.

We rented from Apple because they were $100 less than Walker, but I don't think the savings was worth the aggravation.

DFH and I rented 2 ECV's from them 9/28-10/7... we had problems with both scooters:

mine kept beeping and lurching after 2 days of running smoothly- we called apple they said someone would be out to replace it. Someone called us back to tell us no more large scooters were available. if it was still happening the next day to call back. The next day it started doing the same thing... we called again and after my DFH spoke with the gentleman, someone agreed to meet us at the front of Epcot in 40 minutes. they swapped out the scooters, and I never had another problem.

DFH's started acting up the day after mine was replaced. At the end of the night it would go from full to dead in a matter of minutes while mine still had full charge. 3 nights in a row he had to push his scooter off and on buses and back to the campsite because it simply died. the 3rd night he called apple for a replacement, and he had to argue with the gentleman to come out and replace the scooter the following morning. The gentleman on the phone said it was the battery, just kept saying to plug it in. IMHO, there is no reason his should have been doing that when we have the same model scooter, charge it the same, went the same distances,and weigh the same.

Our scooters both charged for 7+hours each night and we went less than 25 miles a day.

We rented from Apple because they were $100 less than Walker, but I don't think the savings was worth the aggravation.

Honestly that could have happened with any companys ECVs... I had that lurch problem with 2 other companies.... and my very first time using one, had to push it halfway to the exit at AK cause it died on me.... neither was apple. Sounds like you had a bad battery, which could happen as much as these scooters get used.

Honestly that could have happened with any companys ECVs... I had that lurch problem with 2 other companies.... and my very first time using one, had to push it halfway to the exit at AK cause it died on me.... neither was apple. Sounds like you had a bad battery, which could happen as much as these scooters get used.

Yes it can happen with any scooter, but it was the customer service I received that was disappointing.

I do have to admit that I did have one issue with Apple... They accidentally charged my card twice for my rental. I called spoke with someone, and they fixed it immediately!

On a side note to that... while I was on the phone with them, they apologized and I said it was just the way our vacation was going... that we were still in Florida even though our trip was supposed to have been over days prior. My DM was admitted to the hospital the day before we were supposed to leave. Upon hearing this, the gentleman on the phone was offering anything he could to help out... asked if I still needed the scooter, and when I told him no that was only for the parks... he offered a case of root beer!!! or anything else he could do to help out... I turned him down, but it was nice of him to offer!

Sorry to hear that happened to you. We have rented from Apple twice and the first time I had a small scooter that lurched and I called and it was replaced the next day. My DH rented one last year and had no problem at all with his, in fact, they upgraded him to a larger model (no charge) and he loved it.

We are going back at the end of next week and again rented one from Apple I will post after we come home what his experience was.

I spoke with Alex and he was very helpful in explaining 3 wheels vs. 4. I went with 3 since I am now in a walking boot (broke ankle) and will be getting in and out of the scooter frequently with my 3 girls. :) Also very accomodating re: drop off and pick up times.

The rate for the week was fantastic- lower than the web price and much lower than the company my resort suggested.

I hope all goes smoothly :wizard::wizard: once we get it- I will update after the trip!

I'll be traveling in 11 days :banana: with DM. We're also renting an EVC from Apple and I called yesterday and spoke with Alex. I'm waiting on an email to confirm our reservation but he was very friendly and helpful for a first time EVC rent. Due to DM's weight he offered to put in a bigger battery at no extra cost to make sure the scooter kept going for an entire day. He said they do that for all of their pooh sized clients. He seems really nice and super helpful. I'll update as well in a few weeks when we get back.

We have rented ECV's from Apple scooter for many trips to WDW. We usually go 2 to 4 times each year, staying on property. We usually rent at least 2 scooters and have at times rented a total of 5 scooters when we have had older family with physical disabilities staying with us.

Our most recent trip 9/29/11 to 10/4/11, staying at OKW, we reserved 5 scooters.

We have always been very happy with Apple. Their scooters are always in like new condition and we've never had any use issues or problems. They always are delivered on time (in fact this last trip, I was called while still at my home airport to tell me the scooters were delivered to OKW). Delivery is free as is insurance. Alex and staff are always courtious, very customer oriented and give very good rates below many of the other rental companies. I have rented from just about all of them in the past. We have requested a canopy by phone and it was delivered within a half hour. We have also once, called and ordered another scooter after we arrived, and it was delivered within a half hour. It is nice that their warehouse and showroom is located in the Crossroads center at the end of hotel blvd near DTD.

Alex and crew at Apple Scooter have always come thru for our group and I would highly recommend anyone giving them a try on your next WDW vacation.......VIC

We have rented ECV's from Apple scooter for many trips to WDW and other Orlando area parks. We usually go about once a month for the day. Sometimes we stay over night. We usually rent 1-2 scooters each time. Delivery is free as is insurance. Alex and staff are always courtious, very customer oriented and give very good rates. The number is 321-SCOOTER.

We have always been very happy with Apple. The scooters are in great condition and we have not had any issues or problems. They always are delivered on time. In fact last month I called the day of the rental to change the resort from the GF to PR, because the monorail was not going t be running when MNSSHP was over. There was not problem. In fact, last weekend I called last minute (about 1.5 hours ahead) and Alex was able to help me out. I was really surprised since I called so late and would have understood if he had not been able to get me a scooter.

Alex and crew at Apple Scooter have always come thru for us and I would highly recommend anyone giving them a try on your next WDW or Orlando park visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter