April 17, 2004 -- anyone going with us?

We are still rocking also!!!!!!!! When will it stop!

While on board we booked the Nov. 19, 2005 Western cruise! Thanksgiving... anyone else going???????????

It will be making two Castaway stops and skipping Key West.

Hi everyone. It was so nice to meet the few of you that we(cruze crazy) and I met at the sailaway party. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet others and see more of you on the ship.
The rough seas took their toll then the ports kept us busy. My grandson left his favorute stuffed animal behind in the cabin and has cried himself to sleep the last two nights. We are working with lost and found but no luck yet. Any suggestions on how to locate it? It would be greatly appreciated.

Rae I understand you were under the weather for a few days so sorry to hear that hope everyone has stopped rocking now.

How was the luncheon? How many were there? Wish we could have made it.

One of my granddaughters met up with Deb's daughter Christene and had a good time. Wish we could do it all again.

Eileen

After all of that planning, I could not believe it was time to return to work today. And blech, it seems we brought back the yucky rainy weather!

We had a wonderful time. We joined the sailaway party rather late and could not meet everyone due to volume of noise but had a great time. I was fortune to meet Rae at the party but missed her the next day at lunch. Victoria loved meeting Rachel and Mary and spent a lot of time with them at the clubs. Rachel and her mother, Kathy, were part of a very lovely family. I hope they purchased some of the fabulous pictures I spotted at Shutters.

Victoria would have spent a lot more time at the club if I let her. We never once received a page from her.

It was a pretty lonely trip for Yankee fans like us, seems like most of the cruisers were from Boston!

The patch worked well for me, and I am very prone to motion sickness. We missed lunching with other Disers due to motion sickness. Poor Lynn, Luv2Dream, seemed to have a tough time and I felt badly we did not get to spend more 'feel good' time together -we loved meeting the whole family!

We were honored to lunch with Estelle and her family - what great people. We felt like we were with old friends!

What a great treat it was bumping into Janie and her husband over the week and last Saturday at Downtown Disney. Janie shared beads with Victoria and left a lasting impression on all of us. What a warm, wonderful couple!

We really lucked out with the family we dined with. They are not part of this online community, but would have fit in well. They were great people.

I booked another cruise to take advantage of the incentives. I booked for next April but may change the date.

Thanks again to everyone for providing us with advice, tips, and sharing in a very magical adventure!

Hi Everyone! :wave:
We just got back this afternoon. We stayed a few extra days at the Boardwalk & went to the Parks. We were sad to leave that great Florida sunshine, (yes, we came home to rain too ) but glad to get home to DH/Dad! 10 days without him was a long time!

It was great to meet so many of you at the Sail away party! Such nice families! Taylor & I are fortunate that we do not feel the motion at all, but walking around Sunday on the ship was tough- especially in heels during the formal night! It was the roughest seas we experienced in our 4 cruises as well. We did sleep so well though!

We had terrific tablemates & servers! Everyone at our table helped make our mom/daughter trip & Taylor's birthday so special! Rae~ I hope you are feeling better now! We felt so bad for you, but you are a real trooper dealing with the motion! It was a true pleasure to meet you, Tom and our favorite little pirate- Michael! :) Taylor hopes Michael will be drawing horses as well as he rides them very soon! Deb and Becky ~ you ladies are the best! We will be sure to send you guys some of our Connecticut "Rain" in return for your bottled Oregon's best- hehe! So cute!

Alex is truly superb and is by far the King of the Dining Room Servers in our opinion, along with our main man Gaspare- our longtime fav head server! Shantol had a Cosmos and a Shirley Temple, with mega Cherries in it waiting for us every evening :) You go girl! It's hard to adjust to real life, when you have been treated like royalty for a week! It went by too quick!

Don "Ducky" Williams did a personalized, autographed sketch of Ariel for Taylor and Tinkerbelle for Becky! Their favorites! What a treasure! Thanks to Alex & Gaspare for making that happen!

We want to see if the Canal trip is in DCL's plans. But we don't want to miss Rae's big birthday bash plans now either! Taylor wants to do a back to back Eastern/Western as 7 days is not enough! So we'll see... Another DCL cruise is definitely in our future...

Thanks to all the DISers we met on this trip for making it so much fun!

~ Linda :boat:

Hey there everyone!!

LIke everyone else, we really enjoyed meeting and getting to know all of you that we had the pleasure to spend some time with. I loved visiting with everyone, especially the small fry. It is wonderful to see things thru their eyes!!

Tom and I haven't had any "rocking" problems since our arrival back.

outahere: Yes, we were on a Budget van on Saturday. Your wife and I chatted a good bit while you guys were getting the cars. She did mention that your DS had been seasick. Bet it was you!! Small world! Didn't think to ask about being part of the DIS community.

I've been wearing some of my "cruise" clothes to work. Makes it last just a little bit longer! And anyone who asks gets the whole report, even if they don't want it!! :hyper:

Tom and I will cruise every other year. At least that is what we're saying now. Hope I don't regret not booking while on board!

Take care my friends! See you around the boards!
This was the best vacation that Tom and I have ever taken and it was because of folks like you who made it so special.
If any of you "northerners" ever make to the deep south, would love to get together with you!

Originally posted by lsutigger2
Tom and I will cruise every other year. At least that is what we're saying now. Hope I don't regret not booking while on board!

IF you decide to make it an annual event, would you please consider joining me and the Shrimp King on our birthday cruise (4/30/05)?!

Again, thank you so much for the royal jewels - my shrimp queen necklace lei means more to me than I could ever tell you!!! I am still so proud of it and love it so much! I am glad we had some time together but wished we had more!! Much, much love and thanks again!!!!!!

Hugs,
Rae

Hi all,
Finally back in the real world. We arrived home yesterday about 4 PM. By 4:20 our eldest was home to hear all about the trip and give us all the scoopage on the day care while we were gone. Glad everyone had good trips home.

Janie-- if you read this I pm'd you as you asked.

It was truely awesome to meet all of you. Hope to get to see all of you again on that great Magical boat. Estelle

Estelle - It was such a pleasure to have time with you and your family. I hope we can cruise again (say 4/30/05????)

If I make it back East, I'll call you when we near Bethlehem!!! But don't worry about room at the Inn, I'll get a hotel!!!!

Hugs to all,
Rae

We are one week post-cruise. It was actually kinda sad to see the Magic in port today on the cam. You guys are probably not going to believe this but I actually sent in for a quote for the repositioning cruise from CA to FL. I SWORE I would never cruise again after that seasick episode, but, give me one week and my "adventurous" spirit returns. I'm not saying I'll definitely go, but at least I want the quote. It's so hard to miss out on this great opportunity. Call me crazy, but I "Luv2Dream" !!!! :teeth:

Hi Post Cruiser's, hope you don't mind my jumping in here, but I am going on my first DCL cruise this July (just a 4 day on the Wonder with my 2 sons). I was wanting to hear your post remarks and except for the seas it sounds like it was great. I see that many of you talk about booking your next cruise while still on board, what are the advantages? are there Big savings? Can you help this first timer, I'm sure we will love it, annd I would really like to do the 7 day Western next year and so if there are many advantages to booking while still on the ship I may do that. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lynn-- Me too. Our AAA rep called on Thursday, and Phil and I talked it over over the weekend. So tomorrow I'll call her and get the dates for the August return cruise and the more difficult part the costs. And then MAYBEEEEE we'll do it. I am just hoping.
Rae-- get the phone number from Jan cause we're unlisted. But she should have it. Would love to see you and give you a tour of our really lovely Lehigh Valley. And tell Michael we have miniture golf here too.
juc8-- I don't know much about booking a cruise on board cause we've never done it. But I can say that this cruise was great. We did the Western in 2002 and I personally like the Eastern better. But that is purely cause there's an extra day at sea. But do enjoy your 4 day in July and consider doing a 7 day sometime later.

Talk to you all later. Estelle

Originally posted by Luv2Dream
We are one week post-cruise. It was actually kinda sad to see the Magic in port today on the cam. You guys are probably not going to believe this but I actually sent in for a quote for the repositioning cruise from CA to FL. I SWORE I would never cruise again after that seasick episode, but, give me one week and my "adventurous" spirit returns. I'm not saying I'll definitely go, but at least I want the quote. It's so hard to miss out on this great opportunity. Call me crazy, but I "Luv2Dream" !!!! :teeth:

Lynn, out of 8 cruises that was the worst and we've cruised in April before! Just luck of the draw and we sure got the wild card on this one!

Yes, we want the CA to FL cruise also!!!! Maybe we can get together again!

Rae

Originally posted by ehtpnt
Rae-- get the phone number from Jan cause we're unlisted. But she should have it. Would love to see you and give you a tour of our really lovely Lehigh Valley. And tell Michael we have miniture golf here too. Talk to you all later. Estelle

Miniature golf?! Well, you got Michael convinced! Weather has been horrible since our return and haven't contacted Jan - she's in Florida right now.

Best part about booking on the ship is discount price and onboard credit - plus it's nice to know when you will be coming back "home"!

Rae

Rae, that would be awesome. I'm a little leary about 14 days though. I will definitely have medication for it, just in case. The Bonine did work pretty good once I started using it.

Estelle, I'll have to ask AAA for a quote as well. Also Sam's Club. Then I can compare to the DU quote I requested. Now, of course, I'm kicking myself that I just didn't pick a date on board to get the 10%. I just couldn't even think about it with the way I felt. Shame, shame on me.

Seems we'll all have to wait until Wednesday. Rose (AAA) couldn't even give up a for sure date for the Cal to Fla trip. So now I have to wait three days til I know for sure. Darn.
Our weather was great when we got home. Until today. Now we have rain. But at least Phil got the lawn mowed. Looked like a field of hay when we got home. Of course the Dobe is bumbed she'd like it if it only rained between 11 PM and 7 AM. Then she'd never be wet.
Off to work, talk to you all later. Estelle

It's hard to believe we've been back 10 days already. I was still rocking for the first couple of days back but everything was back to normal after that. My DD and I are both prone to motion sickness. We took Bonine every day starting the day before and didn't have any problems at all on the ship. I guess we were lucky considering the stories we heard.

The 15 of us had a wonderful family reunion celebrating my mother's special ?? birthday. It has been a long time since all of us have been able to vacation together. The adults truly enjoyed our dining experiences (brunch and dinner) at Palo. We had Kristoff and Kristen. They definitely made our dining experiences something we will long remember.

We enjoyed meeting the few of you that we did (Estelle, Rae, Janie and Deb and family).

~Deb we really enjoyed the time we spent with you and your family. Michelle had a great time with Christine. We will be in touch. We have some great pictures.

~Rae it is hard to believe I met you, Tom and Michael at Rockin' Bar D within the first 30 minutes on board the ship. What a warm welcome. Thank you. I'm sorry that you were not feeling well for so much of the trip. I wish we had the opportunity to see more of you.

~Janie I'm pretty sure we met you and Tom at lunch at Topsider's the first day. We were the large group who was looking for more places to sit and enjoy lunch. My sister from MN sat with you and I was at the table next to you. We truly enjoyed the company. Just didn't realize it was you until later in the trip.

~Barb welcome. We have booked on board the last two years. There are definitely some advantages. When we booked last year for this year we received $200 per stateroom credit. When we booked this year for next year we received a $200 per stateroom credit and 10% off the price at the time of booking. It is certainly worth taking advantage of the discounts while on board. If you change your mind you can always cancel. Hope this helps.

This board has been a great experience (my first). So many nice people, so much information and a great vacation to top it off.

Dianne:)

To all, it was a great pleasure to have gotten to known you over the past few months of preparation - I still am not feeling well, getting a cardio workover - JUST IN CASE - Something has to be up for me to still be feeling this way!!

I just wish that I could have had more time with many of you whose friendships over these months have been so warm and loving.

Take care and God bless you all!
Til we cruise again!
Rae

Rae..........

I sincerely hope you find out what is causing you to not feel well. We didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked, getting to know everyone better. I think we had a great group of DISers on our trip, but the rough seas and King Neptune conspired to keep us apart.

I hope you feel well enough to try to book the CA to FL reposition cruise tomorrow.

Take care.

Ed

I put my TA on it and hopefully will have something worked out! I am asking for two cabins so Mom will have no excuse and starting to save up now for it!!!

Would be nice to use that extra 7 days to make up for the 7 I missed this past cruise!! Tom keeps telling me how much I missed and how great the food was! I remind him that I lost 4 lbs and am still losing! That should be some sort of plus when you are a PLUS sized gal!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter