April 17, 2004 -- anyone going with us?

Rae- You take care of yourself. We have to have a reunion on the Magic sometime. Next Aug. I hope. Hope everything goes well with the tests.

Got to go and start dinner. Phil wants to eat at 7:30 when he gets the lawn done. So I am off to grill the chicken. Talk to you all later. Estelle

You guys are a bad influence on my ... pocketbook!

I just got off the phone with All Seasons Travel and they will reserve a hold a room tomorrow and call me at work with price/info.

I am looking into the August 20th, 2005 repositioning cruise. If we DO this cruise, I absolutely MUST cut down next year on vacations. Even I realize I'm getting nuts.

:crazy:

Rae, I'll be thinking about you. I'm so sorry you are still not feeling well. Unbelievably, I actually felt nauseous all day today. Couldn't understand why either. It finally went away about 4pm. It's been a really tough spring for a lot of viruses. Hopefully that's all you're fighting and will have that spring back in your step soon. Please keep us posted. You take care.

More well wishes Rae - Let us know when you know something.

I've gotten some type of illness - a terrible cough but not many other symptoms. Probably from watching LSU play baseball Sunday in 60 Degree weather with a stiff wind. It was way too cold for May 2 !! At least they won!

Take care all

Janie

Hey Guys It's official!! We are in cabin 7010 on the August 20th back from Cal trip!!! And the cost was really reasonable. Only 4371.78 for Phil and I. I am positively dancing around the house going " we're going we're going." So Robin Marie we'll see you next summer.
Hey Janie, I pm'd you a while back. You guys should think about joining the great trip.
Rae-- get better quick and come join us. Water should be calmer that's why they call it the Pacific.
Talk to you all later. Going to call some people and tell them we're off again. Estelle

We're on the 8/20 homeward bound cruise as well.

I think I'll jump over to the Cruise Meets and start a new thread!

Ed

Estelle, We're in 8018 but I haven't given a deposit yet. I'm still waiting for the Dreams quote.

What a day! Ok, we're in, category 9 for the three of us - about 4682.00 for the August 20th, 2005 repositioning cruise!

All Seasons Travel has been going nuts today - they provide great service!

WE/I are sooo excited. Really looking forward to this already. Phil says we'll fly in two days early so I can actually get to see Disneyland. We may even stay at a Disney hotel. That way we can do transfers without having to go back to the airport. I can not get over the fact that the prices have gone up to much so fast. I am so glad that Rose (TA) called me this morning as soon as she knew the amount. We are in room 7010. Now we can all start counting the days again. Estelle

Hi Estelle, RobinMarie, Ed & Luv2Dream- Congratulations on your 8/20 ressies!

We are going in the opposite direction. Taylor, Doug & I are booked on the Westbound 14 day-5/14. Got our favorite room 7544 & got the early booking price before they started climbing. Ours is up $1200 on the DCL site since we booked at 3PM today- yikes!

We can clue you in on what to expect in August when we return.

Rae~ Sending pixie dust your way for a speedy recovery! I hope all goes well. Regards to Tom & Michael!

~ Linda :boat:

Anyone heard from Rae or Andy? I've been thinking about them.

Andy checking in, I heard from Rae this morning, she has to go and have some blood work done this AM. I'm starting to get around a little better this morning. The meds I got from my doc has helped to settle my stomach and I was able to eat eggs and toast this morning.

Rae and I are booked for the 8-20-05 west to east cruise, but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my April 05 cruise, as we can't do both. My DW and I haven't had time to talk it over, as I was in bed all day yesterday, and we are having a rough morning trying to get DD to school, a teenager, and the morning in our house, is a bad mix. LOL!!! More later!!!

Linda I'm excited for you that you got the cruise you wanted, but disappointed it's not on the cruise with us!

Andy, I've read a lot of your posts and love your positive attitude, enthusiasm and generosity - I'd be so excited if we had the opportunity to meet. I hope you are on the cruise from CA to FL with us!

Robin Marie~ Seems like the 4/17 cruise is going East in 8/05!
We felt taking Taylor out of school for 2 weeks in 8th grade was easier than having her start HS 10 days late, so that is why we chose the FL to CA one, plus it will be DCL's first PC crossing-cool! If she was still in middle school, or already in HS, I wouldn't have thought twice about CA to FL one! Too bad we won't be cruising with so many of you! We had such a nice group onboard on 4/17!

Andy~ Feel like I know you from the boards & from Rae! I hope the 2 of you are feeling better! This will be an even better, longer cruise for your mutual 50th celebration! They better bring 2 shrimp boats along, as this shrimpfest is going to be twice as long & crazy! The CA to FL cruise is a better value for the $$$ than April, 05. Will your DD have to start school late, or does your district start after labor day?

The price for the 3 of us is $800 more than we paid for our 11/03 anniversary cruise & it's double the time- WOW! This morning I checked DCL site for rates. The price is up almost $1600 from our quote! I am glad I reserved a 4th person in the event Taylor wanted to bring a friend- can always cancel it... I wish I reserved a CAT 11 across the hall from us when I called. Then the girls could have their own room. Oh Well!

Now the research begins... Do we do DL for a couple of days after, drive up to SF & fly out of there... I wonder how the transfers will work, etc...

Take care!

Will your DD have to start school late, or does your district start after labor day?

That's the one advantage with the August 05 date, our DD starts school on Sept 8, 2005 there would be no school being missed if we went with that cruise. DW and I are still talking over all the pros and cons. I'm glad we have until May 10th to get our deposit in, gives us more time to think it over.

Andy, I'm so glad you checked in. Wow, this is fantastic. Both you AND Rae on the same cruise. How can I get so lucky? I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Rae on the 4/17 and now possibly YOU on the big one. And there are so many of us coming back, Estelle, Ed, Robin. This would be a really fun cruise if we all go! I'm getting those postcards out in the mail right now. I finally found your address in my stuff. Hope you are feeling better by the minute.

Rae and Andy-- could we get any luckier? Oh and on top of that Allan and Jen and their John are in too.

Andy we really hope you decide to do 8/20 really would like a chance to meet the guy who looks so good on his verandah.
And Rae the shrimp won't be the same without you. Get better soon. I'm pixie dusting you. And will tell Jan to send some too.
It does seem like all the 4/17 cruisers are doing one of the two 14 day cruises. Can't wait. Now I have a good reason to do my ironing. I was thinking this morning as I did some of the cruise wear that I need to start thinking which ones I want to take... but then I thought, that's all the stuff I wear in the summer. So I'll just have to iron it again. Oh darn. LOL
Later everyone. Estelle

Has everyone seen the main cruise forum thread about passports. Seems they may be required on this trip. Even for kids. Have to tell Jen, cause I know John doesn't have one. Good thing this cropped up before we were only a few weeks out from the cruise.
We are going to start trying to figure out flights in Aug. I want to do a day at DL since I've never been there. Hope to stay the night before in the DL hotel. Our TA recommended that. And we hope that we will be able to get transfers from there right to the boat. Would make life a whole lot easier. Talk to you all later. Estelle

Sorry, but do to family issues, we decided to stay with the April 2005 cruise. I look forward to reading some great trip reports about the CA to FL 8-20-05 cruise!!!

At least you will still have Rae cruising with y'all!!!

Thanks for the info about the passports, I was wondering if we ought to get them since I plan on going to Italy for my 40th and Victoria's 10th birthday!

I haven't looked into the air fares at all yet. I would like to do DisneyLand and something else before the cruise. Maybe we can plan a transport together from a DisneyLand Hotel to the port.

I just LOVE planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter