April 24, 2004 Magic

OK, we'll be under way in about ten minutes. Woke up to SNOW :scared1: and it's a big one too, but melting as it hits the ground so we should be ok! Safe travels to everyone and see you at the DIS meet!
-Valorie

624-24-04_pc-med.jpg

Disney Magic sailing up the Port Canaveral Channel on 4-24-04

62tpc4-24-04.jpg

Disney Magic sailing past the Two Palms cam 4-24-04

62magic_kw_4-25-04.jpg

Disney Magic docked at Key West 4-24-04

Hope you also had a safe trip home everyone. Got here at 12:30 and am just about unpacked (papers and toiletries still to be put away), laundry is sorted, mail thrown away, boys asleep, dog happy to have his family home, and life is like I never left. Maybe it was just a "Disney Dream"???? I dreamed I met you all and we had a great time! Is it true? Thanks for everything, all of the tips and help beforehand, and meeting all of you. I had a great time!
Please post and let us know when you've arrived safely at home!
Ron, Laura, Andrew and Joseph

Thanks Andy for "our" pictures. You are the best.
We are home, sad to say. We walked in the door about 30 minutes ago.
We enjoyed meeting everyone! I hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
No more inside room for us. All future cruises will be back in a cat. 6.

Hi all, we're just back from the Magic, the kids walked in the door and went straight to bed, didn't even want dinner (ok, so it WAS after 10pm, Denver time). We had a wonderful cruise, and I loved meeting all of you. Thanks Andy for the picture!

Did you all notice the huge sand castle on the beach at Castaway Cay (how could you not?!)? While we were waiting for the shuttle to the parking area here in Denver, we met a family who had just come back from the Wonder and a stay at the resorts. They said that they helped build that huge castle last Wednesday (I think)--they built the little ship docked at the lower right corner of the castle. :laughing: I told them I loved the ship and had taken a picture of it. :p How funny is that?

Laundry calls, but I think it can wait a day longer....:crazy:

We're home:( Had a very long day. Walked in the door about 10 minutes ago. Boys are in bed, luggage is still in the car and my own bed is calling! Will it have been turned down for me? No but it is mine:D

Thanks for all the great memories!! OntarioKim, are you home and ok? Such a long flight we are concerned about you!

CB4U- Are you home? Did all go well on your way to gt home? Please post so we know you're all ok.

Laura- Glad to hear you all are home safe and sound.

PlutoJudy- Was great to walk off the ship with you! Glad to hear your trip went smoothly!

More tommorrow!

Tandy

Glad to read that people are starting to check-in that they're home and safe. Hope to hear from the rest soon.

TandyC, thanks for the sand toys and the Buzz Lightyear for the boys! They provided a dual purpose: toys for later, and something to keep "little hands" (and bodies) busy while we waited to get off of the ship. Always give them a job...
The boys are still talking about you, especially Joseph about Mitchell.

We had a great time everyone, thanks!

Hi Everyone,

We are all home safe and sound. We were home about 8:00 p.m. We are all exhausted and the thoughts of getting back to a "normal life" are depressing. The kids are still sleeping and I am having my first cup of coffee (and I had to pour it myself!).

It was wonderful meeting all of you. Those special memories will last a lifetime.

Tandy: We enjoyed meeting you and your family. I'll get those pictures to you as soon as I can. What date did you rebook?

Laura: Glad everyone is well. Sorry we didn't get the chance to say goodbye. But we'll keep in touch somehow.

Plutojudy: Hope you opened your window shades nice and wide to let the sun in when you woke up this morning!! At least it wasn't too rocky. It was wonderful meeting you both.

Well it's off to the grocery store for me today. :(

We got home around 7PM. The plane was pretty darn rough from Orlando to Detroit. The next link was smooth sailing though except.... someone didn't get their luggage. DH- Dave is expecting to receive it sometime today (Sunday). It gives me a break on some laundry!!!

Couldn't wait to hop into our own bed last night but first we had to go to our favourite Mexican restaurant and have one last huge meal before we stop being in cruise mode.

Did anyone rebook? We booked same week next year but plan on switching to the MYSTERY cruise on Wednesday when the announcement is made.

How was your flight ( or should I say flights) to Detroit Tandy? Hopefully you didn't get the turbulance we did.

Our kids got the Magical Memories Certificates and Pins. They did towel making with 2 room stewards in our room and their supervisor (Barbara - white uniform person).

Dave and I got a mystery bottle of champagne that was in our room when we got back from Castaway Cay :p We have no idea who it was from. We had received two previous bottles but knew where they came from. The third is still a mystery. :confused: We still drank and enjoyed it though.

Last night we had freezing rain and it is cold. Oh what warm memories we have!!

Off to do laundry. RELAX today everyone. Its back to routines tomorrow.

Kim

That trip was phenominal. I'm glad I got to meet yous guys.
We got home at Midnight. mountain time or 2am ships time.
Delta was late getting into Dallas because of weather, The Delta Computer crashed so we were delayed some more....
Then in Salt Lake our flight was delayed 2 hrs more and we arrived at 8:40 mtn tiime. Then the 2 hour drive home complete with a dodge the deer section. Otherwise we are home safe and looking at the 375 pictures we took. Nice meeting everybody, sorry we cut out early we wanted to see the ship leave the dock.

Hi Val, we have friends on the Magic now, we will ask them when they return.
I'm looking into that sewing machine!

Three circles is posting live from the 5/1 Eastern. He forgot the banner at the first meet but had a second planned and was going to get it from guest services.

Have a great day!

Tandy

We rebooked onboard for 12/10/05. Since we live on the West coast I switched to a 5/28/05 West coast 7 day Mexican Riverae(sp?) cruise!! We are so excited, with the air fare we'll save we'll hit DL for a couple days!

I'm so glad that DCL is broadening their horizons. I think that it will do a lot for their business. It makes perfect sense to me to put a ship near DL. I think they should put one near DLP (& all of the Disney parks) too. It was a good business and PR move in my opinion for the whole Disney enterprise. We didn't rebook as we already have a cruise planned on another line for next May (the one we had to cancel for this Oct), but maybe someday...

lurontravel,

What cruise line are you sailing with next May? We think we might want to do another cruise. My older kids thought RCCL might be good. We are just toying with the thought right now. We have sailed twice w/Disney and we love it but it is difficult to justify the cost (can save thousands elsewhere). Have a son heading to college!

:)

I got DH to agree to going on the eastbound repositioning trip!!!! (I'm shocked at how quickly he agreed!) He made the reservation this morning and we've got the same cabin we had last week! The kids will miss the first week of school, but how many people get to sail through the Panama Canal? I'm SO excited!
:jumping1:
*Gasp*... I need to make a new counter!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter