APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Update for anyone still following along with my saga!

I received the 2nd shipment today (the one that was supposedly canceled). The one for my husband is wrong. It's just a plain gray band instead of the POTC one, so I am glad I called shopDisney and got the correct thing.

A CM called me today to confirm that I would NOT be charged for this accidental shipment. The pending charge has disappeared. She assured me it would not reappear.

All in all it's fine. I wasted too much time on this, though. I'm just glad they aren't trying to charge me for their mistakes.

THE END. :rotfl2:

This is absolutely ridiculous. I really don't understand what they did with this 'upgrade' option. They came out with this big announcement, allowing to upgrade the Magic bands. Within hours (and I'm being generous here), all options disappeared (including the original colours????). Now we're back to the old 8 solid colours. Once in a while they add a few options that are gone within a couple of hours. What have we done with that? This is so frustrating. Just offer all package purchasers or annual pass holders a discount voucher. Let us buy the bands from Disney shops and that's that. In the current situation only a several few were offered this discount and it just doesn't seem fair. I'm just so frustrated. You would think that a company like Disney would be on top of a little thing like this, especially after they went public with this big announcement. Like I said...ridiculous.

Update for anyone still following along with my saga!

I received the 2nd shipment today (the one that was supposedly canceled). The one for my husband is wrong. It's just a plain gray band instead of the POTC one, so I am glad I called shopDisney and got the correct thing.

A CM called me today to confirm that I would NOT be charged for this accidental shipment. The pending charge has disappeared. She assured me it would not reappear.

All in all it's fine. I wasted too much time on this, though. I'm just glad they aren't trying to charge me for their mistakes.

THE END. :rotfl2:
I'm still following along since we've had pretty much exactly the same experience!! Did your Seven Dwarfs error go away when you got the 2nd shipment notification (the one that was supposedly canceled)? If so, did it show the correct original order band for your DH in MDE or the gray band? My Seven Dwarfs error went away when I got the 2nd shipment notification (the one that was supposedly canceled) and shows all correct original order bands in MDE, so now I'm waiting to see what shows up in the package...

I haven't called about it yet, but I need to find out if I'm being charged twice once I see what's in the box...though my phone order was for a different 4 bands than my original order since my original order was out of stock, so idk if that's going to affect things when I call questioning why my allegedly canceled order showed up (unless it's a box full of 4 gray bands...).

How well do they hold up? Can you swim with them on?

Sorry it took so long to reply- it’s probably been answered but yes you can swim with them on. We had our last set on for over a week. The first letter of my middle child’s name peeled off mid week while swimming and his brother called him the partial name for the rest of the trip... the others (party of 7) were pretty intact though.

Somehow I got the website to work showing maybe 3 options but not the complete set of advertised options, before we had to order. Only one family member liked the limited choices so the rest of us got the standard free bands, daughter got the rainbow Mickey one for the extra $10.

I'm still following along since we've had pretty much exactly the same experience!! Did your Seven Dwarfs error go away when you got the 2nd shipment notification (the one that was supposedly canceled)? If so, did it show the correct original order band for your DH in MDE or the gray band? My Seven Dwarfs error went away when I got the 2nd shipment notification (the one that was supposedly canceled) and shows all correct original order bands in MDE, so now I'm waiting to see what shows up in the package...

I haven't called about it yet, but I need to find out if I'm being charged twice once I see what's in the box...though my phone order was for a different 4 bands than my original order since my original order was out of stock, so idk if that's going to affect things when I call questioning why my allegedly canceled order showed up (unless it's a box full of 4 gray bands...).

As soon as they shipped the 7 dwarfs went away. It showed everything correctly, too! When I placed the order with shopDisney via phone I did change one of the bands, but it wasn't my husband's band that came incorrectly yesterday.

I can't believe they were actually going to charge me for a plain gray one. :sad2:

As soon as they shipped the 7 dwarfs went away. It showed everything correctly, too! When I placed the order with shopDisney via phone I did change one of the bands, but it wasn't my husband's band that came incorrectly yesterday.

I can't believe they were actually going to charge me for a plain gray one. :sad2:
They were like hey someone like the gray lol I have been following your saga. Glad everything worked out.

Horrible rollout. I think I'm getting 1 grey band and 1 purple band. Didn't order a grey band...somehow everything got screwed up between the charging of my
CC, to taking the charge away...only to charge the CC again and take it away again a week later. Why would they ship now when trip isn't until December? Thankfully we do have colored bands in a drawer.

When my order of the upgraded magic bands was cancelled I had to call Disney and make sure I would still get the original colored magic bands that we started out with. We got those about a week and a half ago. Just this past Friday a $30 charge came across my Disney Visa as pending. I called Disney Parks and they knew nothing about it. Just yesterday that charge fell off, so I hope it doesn't come back.

Got an email 2 wks ago that my bands would be available at resort as an international guest.

Just got another saying oops outta stock. Here’s a code. They are seriously unintelligent. I can’t use the code. If they refund me I’ll lose money on the exchange rate. If I call I’ve got to deal with international phone rates. This is BS.

Got an email 2 wks ago that my bands would be available at resort as an international guest.

Just got another saying oops outta stock. Here’s a code. They are seriously unintelligent. I can’t use the code. If they refund me I’ll lose money on the exchange rate. If I call I’ve got to deal with international phone rates. This is BS.
And now they say to have it sent to my resort. 2 problems. 1 the code is for 1 band only. Seriously?!? 2. They are charging me to ship. Forget it. Ridiculous that they still haven’t got it figured out. It’s evident that the different Disney division do NOT communicate effectively with one another as the bands are right there on ShopDisney. Pathetic.

Ok....something different. My CC was charged twice and refunded twice. MDE showed grey and purple bands. This morning I also got the Email, offering a code for 1 band. Trip is in December....and they shipped the bands last week. Arrived today....surprise....I did get 1 of the special bands that we had ordered, the second band was purple. Mind you...CC was credited so this special band hasn't been paid for. Tomorrow, I'll follow the email instructions to see if I can get my husband the special band he wanted but didn't get...got purple instead. I don't get it......................

I manage to order 3 themed magic band but it doesn't ask me for my credit card? I am staying onsite in August. How do I complete my order?

I couldn't get the spaceship earth one for my DH! So, I ended up getting the Sorcerer Mickey for dh and our grandsons and the castle one for myself! Now hopefully they actually ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter