• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Logged on today to get one for my DH who got a grey band last month when we got ours. I logged on with 29 choices. each time I try to order one- I have tried 3 different bands -I get the unable to complete request notice. So frustrating.

Ordered our AP set today. Not necessarily first choices but we are good with what we did pick. This will be our second set if it goes through like it’s supposed to.
So mine shipped today. Weird situation, I had a section to order our 4 AP bands and then I had a section to order just an AP band for myself (this one has been there for awhile but I never attempted it thinking I couldn’t until I activated). So a glitch. Anyway yesterday I ordered our AP set. Then I went to my lone extra AP section and there sat the Stitch band I had chosen on the first day this thing went live. Now, it wasn’t one of the choices when I selected our 4 yesterday but it was there, so I ordered that one too, just to see if it went through. Today I got two shipping notices so we’ll see if I get all 5 I ordered yesterday.

So mine shipped today. Weird situation, I had a section to order our 4 AP bands and then I had a section to order just an AP band for myself (this one has been there for awhile but I never attempted it thinking I couldn’t until I activated). So a glitch. Anyway yesterday I ordered our AP set. Then I went to my lone extra AP section and there sat the Stitch band I had chosen on the first day this thing went live. Now, it wasn’t one of the choices when I selected our 4 yesterday but it was there, so I ordered that one too, just to see if it went through. Today I got two shipping notices so we’ll see if I get all 5 I ordered yesterday.
You can look at what magicbands are assigned to you if they are correct or not, they'll already be linked.

My daughter was able to finally get an order placed and has received her bands. I'm still trying and even took to Twitter. Disney tweeted back and knows people are frustrated. Just make it work.

It's funny how you can have such variation in availability. Actually, it's not funny. It's irritating. Are they sold out or not.

Are things actually being sold too. Even tried on some that just appear on refresh and it errors / acts like it's sold out. It's like they forget to turn them on.

The ones that have remained there the longest (Castle example) are ones that have sold and I have gotten. One's rotating yet to see it get to checkout.

I've actually had them in my cart and processed the sale. Then I look at the email and the premium band I chose is not there. My husband has five green bands being shipped.:confused3:badpc:

I got my bands over a week ago. The amount was pending on my credit card for a long time, then never posted. Strange!

Like everyone else I’ve been trying off and on for about a month. I messed with it for about half an hour this morning, 45 styles showing at one point. Finally got my order to process, not our first choices, but happy with what we got and more happy that I get to stop trying!!

Like everyone else I’ve been trying off and on for about a month. I messed with it for about half an hour this morning, 45 styles showing at one point. Finally got my order to process, not our first choices, but happy with what we got and more happy that I get to stop trying!!
This is exactly how I felt too, as the bands we got weren't our first choices (and my son didn't get his Baymax band :(), but everyone was happy to get something different (with a design vs. the plain bands) and, like you, I was so happy to be done with checking all the time & worrying about getting my order processed in time (leaving a little time too, as I wanted to make sure we got the bands we ordered - and if we didn't, I wanted enough time to get the situation resolved).

Does anyone know if the Pocahontas and Moana bands are eligible for the upgrade? Those are the ones my sister and I really want.

The one I want shows up every once in a while but when I try to check out, it tells me to "try again or dismiss." Does anyone ever have success with the "try again"? It's driving me crazy. I have tried different browers and the app but I can't ever seem to check out successfully.

I FINALLY was able to order my Dole Whip band yesterday. It was up on the site when I checked at 8am tried several times to order from my phone and laptop with no luck.. tried again about 30 mins later, nope... tried again about an hour later and it actually went through. I honestly didn't believe it at first because I've been trying since day 2 of the release and was really losing hope we'd actually get bands. So, for everyone still trying - don't lose hope yet! Now let's see if I actually get the right bands in the mail! :upsidedow

These bands are driving me crazy! The last couple of days, all three bands we want have shown up, but I’m unable to complete the order. It keeps telling me to retry again. Then when I give up, one or more of the bands disappear. Fortunately, I still have time before I have to finalize it. I just want to get this done though!

These bands are driving me crazy! The last couple of days, all three bands we want have shown up, but I’m unable to complete the order. It keeps telling me to retry again. Then when I give up, one or more of the bands disappear. Fortunately, I still have time before I have to finalize it. I just want to get this done though!
Same here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter