Are discount fridge water filters safe?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
They are $13.99 compared to $40 from the manufacturer. I know some generic products are even made by the same company as a name brand, so I hate to throw money away for nothing. Of course appliances websites say never to buy discount filters, but then again they have a monetary stake in dismissing genetics. Anyone try the discount products?

I don't even use a filter. Do you really need one? I would buy the cheapest I could find.

I have a Kenmore refrigerator made LG. The Sears website sells two filters. One a Kenmore for $49, and another brand for $25. I haven't installed the $25 one yet, but I sure hope if Sears is selling it, it is safe.

I’ve been using a generic ones I’ve gotten from Amazon in my Samsung fridge for the past year and they work just fine.

I bought a generic filter on Amazon for Kenmore (really LG I believe) fridge. $15 compared to $50. No difference as far as I can tell. I just went with the one that had the reviews that seemed the least fake.

I’ve bought generic filters from Amazon for several years for our Samsung fridge and we’re all still alive and well.

I bought a generic for my Samsung and threw it out a month later. Water was always cloudy and ice tasted funny. Replaced with OEM filter and everything is good now. I also heard that the generic ones do not last as long as the OEM filters.

I buy the generic ones for my LG fridge for Amazon. No issues and have been buying them for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter