Are You 23?

No code I have access to works - two different Disney Visa codes including that one, or the DVC member code work any more. All D23 related items are excluded from them.

Wow, I must have got in under the gun on that one. Maybe they saw mine come through early this morning for $71 bucks and put the fix on it...

Opps...:confused3

Wow, I must have got in under the gun on that one. Maybe they saw mine come through early this morning for $71 bucks and put the fix on it...

Opps...:confused3

Well, just wait and see if they reject your order...it has been known to happen...they might just eat it though.

I just can't figure out why anyone would pay that much for advertising! Is kind of like watching an infomercial on pay per view. The only thing you get out of it that nobody else does is a few limited edition trinkets "collectibles" not available to everyone (except on Ebay)! Does a new release them like it's worth $75.00 to me. The marketing people at Disney must be having a heyday realizing they can get people to pay for advertising! :rotfl:

Well, just wait and see if they reject your order...it has been known to happen...they might just eat it though.

Well when I made it this morning, there was no mention of it not being allowed and it went right through. Perhaps they decided later to exclude, but I have a membership number and receipt so it looks like its all good.

It was my fault :confused3

Well when I made it this morning, there was no mention of it not being allowed and it went right through. Perhaps they decided later to exclude, but I have a membership number and receipt so it looks like its all good.

It was my fault :confused3

You'd be surprised at how little difference a receipt makes :)

A 15 digit number?!? Guess I can't brag that I was member #21 or anything like that.

You'd be surprised at how little difference a receipt makes :)

A 15 digit number?!? Guess I can't brag that I was member #21 or anything like that.

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that. Sort of sucks. But I'm still looking forward to getting the magazine. I Also just subscribed to the Celebrations mag too, so we'll see which I like best!!

Just be glad you're in the USA. Even though it states "Free Shipping" all over the product page, and it lets you select "International" without saying anything to the contrary, once you get to the final payment page it sneakily adds another $60 shipping to the total!!!

$60 to post four magazines!!! Talk about a licence to print money.

Andre

23 is for Me. :goodvibes We joined last night. Above and beyond everything else, it's worth the price just for the magazines.

Just be glad you're in the USA. Even though it states "Free Shipping" all over the product page, and it lets you select "International" without saying anything to the contrary, once you get to the final payment page it sneakily adds another $60 shipping to the total!!!

$60 to post four magazines!!! Talk about a licence to print money.

Andre

Ouch, the international rate kills ya.

Oh and you just made me think of a funny quote:

"I took my Dad's advice and I made alot of money...but, like a fool, I made it half an inch too wide." :goodvibes

I don't think I'll be joining (but who knows?),

I *did* buy the magazine tonight and it is BEAUTIFUL! I *highly* recommend it to any Disney Junkie. You'll love it and never, ever throw it out. The pages are high quality, the articles are top-notch and there's info I've never seen or heard of before. They have really done a GREAT job with this. I'm practically ecstatic over this!

I don't think I'll be joining (but who knows?),

I *did* buy the magazine tonight and it is BEAUTIFUL! I *highly* recommend it to any Disney Junkie. You'll love it and never, ever throw it out. The pages are high quality, the articles are top-notch and there's info I've never seen or heard of before. They have really done a GREAT job with this. I'm practically ecstatic over this!

Where did you buy it? I was going to join mainly to get the magazine.

Barnes & Noble

ETA: but I might join D23 because of the following:
$15.95 per magazine X 4 quarterly releases = $63.80

So it might (or might not!) make sense to just buy into the membership when you look at it that way, but I'm not sure yet.

Do we really know what the other 'benefits' of membership are doing to be? Such as what the special membership gift might be for example? Something a bit more than a pin badge produced in the tens of thousands, I hope!

The WDCC Collectors Society, for example, gives you a very nice membership sculpture worth at least the cost of their annual dues, plus 4 colour magazines a year, pin badge, etc.

I used to be a member of the good old Magic Kingdom Club, which gave you much the same quoted benefits as D23 - more really, when you included resort and general Disney merchandise discounts too - for a fraction of the cost. To me, everything else that D23 lists as a membership 'benefit' would appear to be basically opportunities to buy products or to pay to attend an event (attending the Expo is not included in your membership price as far as I know, it's extra, yes?).

So for me here in the UK, $140 for a 4-issue magazine subscription seems a bit much. Especially when you compare that to something like the excellent Celebrations magazine, which gives SIX issues of a well produced, in-depth glossy colour magazine for $29.99 (plus a much more reasonable $25 charge for six lots of international postage).

So what have I missed? Apart from a nicely framable membership certificate of course - for which (surprise!) they will happily sell me an expensive frame...

Or am I just getting to be an old cynic at heart? :)

Andre

I would encourage everyone to check out show # 190 of Mouse Guest Weekly to be released Sunday, March 15th. On the show we will talk with Disney Legend Dave Smith, Archives Manager Becky Cline and Head of D23 Steven Clark. I think many concerns and questions Disney fans have will be answered in the interview.

http://mouseguest.com/podcast/index.php

I would encourage everyone to check out show # 190 of Mouse Guest Weekly to be released Sunday, March 15th. On the show we will talk with Disney Legend Dave Smith, Archives Manager Becky Cline and Head of D23 Steven Clark. I think many concerns and questions Disney fans have will be answered in the interview.

http://mouseguest.com/podcast/index.php

This was a great show -- I'm sold.

The enthusiasm of those working on this project has convinced me that this is different than it appears on the surface.

PS - I've not listened to this before -- well done!

This was a great show -- I'm sold.

The enthusiasm of those working on this project has convinced me that this is different than it appears on the surface.

PS - I've not listened to this before -- well done!

Thanks!

BTW, the membership gift from the Walt Disney Archives is a large print lithograph of Mickey Mouse, from his official 80th birthday portrait. (The same portrait that is featured in the "Disney twenty-three" magazine.)

It is a quality print and very frame worthy.

Thanks!

BTW, the membership gift from the Walt Disney Archives is a large print lithograph of Mickey Mouse, from his official 80th birthday portrait. (The same portrait that is featured in the "Disney twenty-three" magazine.)

It is a quality print and very frame worthy.

Just got mine today. It's very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter