Artistry in Action! February 2023 Exercise Challenge

+115 minutes since last post

275/840... 33%

I bought myself a step for step aerobics several months ago, but the other house didn't have enough open floor space to really use it... this new house has plenty so I had my first go at it last night. You wouldn't think stepping up on a step would be that difficult, but I felt like a real klutz. I really had to pay attention to where my feet were!
Step aerobics sounds fun and like a challenging workout! Glad you have more room to try it out now.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've been during Flower & Garden, and Festival of the Holidays, but never during Arts. It's definitely when I want to plan my next trip!

Sun-2/5 - 20
Mon-2/6 - 15
Tue-2/7 - 10 *

*Sadly, my treadmill seized up yesterday, and I didn't have time to figure out what was wrong, so I just went with the minutes I'd already done. Wish me luck looking through the manual today!

120/500
Definitely give this festival a try! It used to be such a quiet time to visit, but I think the festival now draws a lot more people. Still plenty of rooms to be had, though, and only a few restaurant reservations tend to be difficult for me to grab. Overall, I like the holiday season at WDW best, but I think between the festival of the holidays and festival of the arts, I prefer the arts. So many fun things to see, do, and taste.

ETA: Good luck with the treadmill!!!! :tinker:

Feb 8th -- 60

376/1260 29.84% done

Today is the hard day for me to get my time in. Thursday's I am in the office and can't get on the treadmill at lunch. I should have time tonight after dinner and baking cookies with DD (she wants me to bake with her). This is a rare Thursday that I don't have anything after work going on.

I have 40 minutes from a walk outside this afternoon. The sun was out for the first time in days and I couldn't resist getting outside!
Oneanne and piglet1979 have both reached Photo Op Orange and sophy1996 is at Performance Purple!

Part of the Festival of the Arts is the performing arts! In the World Showcase Plaza, you can catch various performances during this season:
  • Don Black, playing saxophone
  • Victor Espinola, playing harp
  • Dominic Gaudious, playing didgeridoo
  • Nicholas Marks, playing guitar
The My Disney Experience App will give you showtimes to catch these performers. Tomorrow, for instance, these are the times: 12:45 PM, 1:10 PM, 1:40 PM, 2:10 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:10 PM, 4:50 PM, 5:20 PM

DSC_0030-16x9.jpg

Also in the World Showcase Plaza is "Art Defying Gravity."

0215ZO_2577MS_xak-16x9.jpg

This show only takes place Saturday thru Wednesday. Showtimes for this Saturday are: 11:00 AM, 11:40 AM, 1:15 PM, 2:45 PM

"Art in Performance" is another feature in the World Showcase Plaza. In these demonstrations, you can watch live as an artist brings their work to life! Here is the schedule and list of artists:
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 9.06.05 PM.png

30 minutes for me today brings me to Photo Op Orange!

3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719701b.png

3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719701a.jpg
3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719701c.jpg

During the festival, there are some adorable Figment themed magic shots! The Wing shot and the Flying Figment shot are going to be available from most PhotoPass photographers, but the Figment Chalk Art shot is only found at the main entrance to the park and near the entrance to World Showcase under the Monorail beam. I'm not sure which I like more, the wings or the chalk art.

+40 minutes walking for the night. I'm realizing that I'm sort of behind for the month! I need to step it up for the next few days.
No color changes to report today, so we'll continue talking about some fun Photo Ops!
3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719704a.jpg
3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719704b.jpg

After the sun goes down, there are some super cute Magic shots you can take with a paintbrush prop! Available after 6pm at the entrance of the park.
3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719705.jpg

This Pixel Stick photo is also available when the sun goes down near the Creations Shop on the pathway to the World Showcase. The WDW website says: "Bask in the glow of the light while a photographer creates a painting around you. Every photo taken through this method is a completely unique work of art. This photo op usually draws an audience, because even if you aren’t capturing a photo, it sure is fun – and kind of hilarious – to watch the process." Sounds super cool and the results speak for themselves!

PollyannaMom is now at Photo Op Orange and Twilight Sparkle has reached Performance Purple! Now everyone on the team is either orange or purple, so it's giving a very Figment-like vibe. LOL.
I have 55 minutes to add for this Valentine's day from an incredibly windy walk in the park.

In addition to the performances I mentioned that take place in the World Showcase Plaza, in the America Gardens Theater, the "beloved DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series is back! Throughout the festival, three times each evening guests will be able to watch star-studded performances from more than 25 years of award-winning Disney on Broadway stage productions.

Here’s the full lineup of performers:

• January 13, 15, 16, 19, 20: Kara Lindsay (Newsies) and Kevin Massey (Tarzan)
  • January 14, 17, 18, 21, 22: Arielle Jacobs (Aladdin) and Adam Jacobs (Aladdin)
  • January 23, 25, 26, 29, 30, and February 2, 3: Patti Murin (Frozen) and Robert Creighton (Frozen)
  • January 24, 27, 28, 31, and February 1, 4, 5: Mandy Gonzalez (AIDA) and L. Steven Taylor (The Lion King)
  • February 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19: Kissy Simmons (The Lion King) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
  • February 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17: Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins) and Michael James Scott (Aladdin)
  • February 20: Special, extended finale performance featuring Brown, Scott, Simmons, and Strickland"
(Information found on the d23 website).
01_0114ZO_0333DR.jpg

broadway-series-16x9.jpg

There are also dining packages that get you guaranteed seating at the concert!

"Choose from 8 unique eateries at EPCOT offering DISNEY ON BROADWAY Concert Series Dining Packages at lunch and dinner. Each package includes:
  • An appetizer, entrée and dessert or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a nonalcoholic beverage
  • One (1) guaranteed seat per person to a DISNEY ON BROADWAY concert held on the same day"
You can dine at Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Regal Eagle, Rose and Crown, or Spice Road Table. Depending on where you eat, the price will change, but the range (for adults) is $35 - $95.

I only managed to get 25 minutes in Thursday, which is not the best if I'm supposed to be catching up this week. But it was good enough to get me to Performance Purple! And congrats to Oneanne, piglet1979, and the TEAM for also reaching the halfway mark.

If you like audience participation, then you may enjoy the Animation Academy! In the America Gardens Theatre, guests can learn how to draw a Disney character in a session led by an animation artist. From 12:30–1 p.m. daily, the sessions will be taught by one of these artists: Will Gay, Lon Smart, Ron Cohee, Matthew Dewater, Brian Blackmore, Sarah Schmidt, David Holbrook, Michael Montgomery, Alex Maher, and Andy Quiles. I would enjoy this one, since I had a lot of fun at the Animation Academy in Disneyland.

I would also enjoy the Kids Chalk Art activity, even though I'm beyond the recommended age.
0222ZR_5672SD_JB-16x9.jpg

This experience is offered at the bridge to World Showcase Plaza from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter