Artistry in Action! February 2023 Exercise Challenge

I got in a mostly miserable 50 minutes tonight. I did a prenatal workout that killed me, followed by a 25 minute indoor walk. No color changes to report.
There are only a few days left of the festival now! If you want to know what some of the Festival Merch looks like, here's a peek!
fota23rjtj5785794794a.jpg

fota23rjtj5785794794b.jpg
fota23rjtj5785794794c.jpg

fota23rjtj5785794794d.jpg

Spirit Jersey, Figment Chalkboard Framed Mug, Figment Munchlings and Figment CORKCICLE Tumbler

How do we feel about the Munchlings, guys? I have to be honest in saying they are not my favorite of the Disney merchandise releases. Most of the time, I can't figure out what food OR what character the plushes are supposed to represent. This one at least looks like Figment, but at a glance, I'm not sure what food he's supposed to be? The box says he's a "Fig Bar," so like a Fig Newton, I guess? Odd choice.

The other festival merch looks pretty cute to me! I like the bright colors against the black backgrounds.

I have 55 minutes of walking for the evening! Which means I'm officially caught up (for now).
And with sophy1996's recent minutes, she has reached Passport Pink! Yay!

One of the highlights of the various EPCOT festivals are the food booths! For the Festival of the Arts, the food is typically experimental and/or colorful and artistically plated. If you want to make eating into a bit of a game, you can participate in the Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine. Disney's website describes it like this: "Use the Festival Passport as your guide to look for specially notated menu items, then track your progress by collecting a stamp after each purchase. After you've enjoyed at least 5 of the 7 artistic dishes—and collected the corresponding stamps—bring your Festival Passport to the Deco Delights Food Studio to receive a complimentary Artist Palette Cookie." The full list of eligible dishes can be found here.

12_WDW_EPCOT_FOTA_RefreshmentPort_ArtistPaletteCookie_1121ZU_0390MS.jpg

Here is an article covering every single dish available at the festival food booths this year. Of course, there are plenty of returning favorites, but also some new items to check out!
Since I have a sweet tooth, the offerings at the Deco Delights booth sound intriguing to me.
FS999876276286487246.jpg

There are tons of other offerings at the festival that sound intriguing too. What would you want to try?

+40

1280/1500

I'm all about the desserts. I'd be looking for the Deconstructed Key Lime Pie, Dulce Chocolate Mousse, "The Tropics" (Lilikoi mousse, guava cake, coconut crémeux, compressed pineapple, and mango gel), and Moelleux aux Noisettes et Chocolats Valrhona (Molten chocolate and hazelnut cake with pure origin Valrhona chocolates and passion fruit-mango sauce).

I'm adding 40 minutes for the night, on faith. I already did a 25 minute walk and just before bed, I plan to do a 15 min yoga exercise. (Hopefully, typing this will keep me accountable).

Congrats to PollyannaMom for reaching Passport Pink!

Today was the final day of the Festival of the Arts! Some things from the festival I didn't have time to cover before it ended:
1. The Chalk Art Galleries
fota-2023-chalk-art-8353.jpg

Some of the bigger pieces were elaborate, immersive photo ops!
fota-2023-chalk-art-8345.jpg

There are several smaller pieces along the bridge to World Showcase as well.

2. The hidden chalk art of Disney Characters around the park. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt! Check out this article to find out where they were.
2023-ARTS-Fantasia.jpg

3. Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating 50 Years of Magic. From the disney website: "Behold dazzling depictions of Walt Disney World attractions illustrated by Disney Imagineers. This artful exhibit is located near Creations Shop in World Celebration." I wasn't able to find more information on what this exhibit specifically entailed, but it sounds like it would be nostalgic.
MD-Weve-Got-Music-16x9.jpg

4. Artist's Booths. Around the festival, various artists sell their prints/sculptures/etc., often inspired by Disney properties. The d23 website says: "The EPCOT International Festival of the Arts will also highlight new artists who will immerse guests in stunning artwork filled with color, expression, and soul. In all, more than 100 Disney and visiting artists will participate. Some of the new and returning talent include Larissa Marantz, Yesenia Moises, Ryan Riller, Joe Ledbetter, and Kahran and Regis Bethencourt."

Of course, there is probably other stuff I'm missing! I know, for instance, there's a bike that you could use to create spun art. I'm sure there were plenty of other little diversions to discover during the festival. I hope that I get the privilege to visit the Festival of the Arts someday!

Since the Festival of the Arts is now over, I'm actually going to spend the rest of February touching (very briefly) on some of the other festivals coming to Epcot this year, like a little preview! Which Epcot festival is your favorite?

+90 minutes for the past two days.

660/840... 79%

We had sunshine all day yesterday, which is a real treat at this time of year, so I was outside walking and doing garden clean up soaking it up. Today we're having some snow... I got out in it for a few minutes before work, but now I'm stuck in meetings until early afternoon. Hopefully it won't have turned in to rain by then.

I have 40 minutes from yesterday and 10 from today.
That brings me to Passport Pink! Congrats to Oneanne for reaching that milestone as well. And props to sophy1996 for being the first to reach Rich Red!

I'm sure there would be plenty of Rich Reds to see at the Flower and Garden Festival! It is coming up super soon, officially beginning on March 1st, though I have heard reports that several topiaries and gardens are already being erected in the park! The festival is a long one, running until July 5th. Check out this article for details on all the offerings you can expect at the festival.
22FG-pluto-chip-dale-topiary2.jpg

610 minutes since last check in - horses, training for virtual princess 5k, and actually doing the virtual princess 5K

1610/2000 - It will be a struggle to hit goal this month

So I enjoyed the virtual princess 5k so much that while I was still under the runner's high, I looked for upcoming races and signed up for the virtual 10 miler in April - not because I feel ready for 10 miles but because that was the lowest one still available. However, this 5k was super easy for me, and I have found a training schedule that seems very doable to me, so I am giving it a go. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is my previously injured knee. Hoping it holds out through all of this. I am counting today (my 5k day) as day 1 of training for the next race since my training schedule starts with 3 miles.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend!

I have been a little busy over the last few days. Thursday was an online birth class, Friday was some nesting activities, yesterday was dinner with a family from church... But since my last update, I got 95 minutes.
Congrats to Twilight Sparkle for reaching Passport Pink! And congrats to PollyannaMom and me for reaching Rich Red! The Team is also Passport Pink!

After the Flower and Garden Festival, the Food and Wine Festival will begin! As far as I know, the dates for the Festival haven't been released yet, but I think we can expect it to run from mid-July to mid-November. That's about a four month long festival, like Flower and Garden. (Does anyone else think that 4 months is less of a Festival and more of a Season?) There's not a lot of information about the Festival that has been released, but you can check this link periodically and hopefully they'll update the page soon. In years' past, there was a concert series called Eat to the Beat and, of course, lots of merch. And it goes without saying that the main draw of the festival are the many food booths.
0920ZS_2541MS_JB-16x9.jpg

Also, I'd like to note that the month is nearly over. Anybody want to host March?

I've been down with a cold for almost a week, and consequently barely moving.

+50 mins since my last post
710/840... 85%

That leaves me with 65 minutes a day for the last two days of the month to make goal. It's too cold to be outside for walking, but I'm breathing well enough that I might be able to get some yoga in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter