Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

This article is just saying that we actually don’t know if it’s effected by the weather, not the it isn’t. Because we don’t know. It’s only been around like 3-4 months.

Wouldn't the southern hemisphere who's about to enter fall tell us something. I haven't heard or looked at cases in Australia but being closer to Asia I know they vacation there a lot. Granted if they have an uptick as the weather cools it may not be related but it could ve one thing to look at at least.

Wouldn't the southern hemisphere who's about to enter fall tell us something. I haven't heard or looked at cases in Australia but being closer to Asia I know they vacation there a lot. Granted if they have an uptick as the weather cools it may not be related but it could ve one thing to look at at least.
I mean there have been fewer reported cases in places like Singapore and Thailand than might expected considering their close ties to China. They have fairly tropical climates where’s it’s almost always hot and humid.

Are there fewer cases because it’s not spreading- it because Thailand isn’t doing much testing and Singapore has a highly advanced public health system and a small country and their doing an exceptional job at containment?

There’s been some transmission in Australia but certainly less than europe.

Even weather doesn’t eliminate transmission of the flu and cold viruses- it just decreases.

So far it seems we really don’t know. It’s just too early to tell.

That is totally irresponsible of them! I really hope some state charges these people with reckless endangerment. Then maybe they will learn to follow the directions of the medical authorities.
This is why we can't have nice things. :sad2:
I don't know if people should be given ankle bracelets over things like this, but I know they can be. A few people need to be spanked so that others won't follow in their footsteps.

I read that if they need to they will get a court order forcing them to stay in quarantine. I am not sure what else would happen at that point. I was furious when I read about this yesterday. I understand that this event might have been important to them but they safety of everyone around them is a bigger deal. If would feel horrible if I got someone sick and then they died because I was careless.

I read that if they need to they will get a court order forcing them to stay in quarantine. I am not sure what else would happen at that point. I was furious when I read about this yesterday. I understand that this event might have been important to them but they safety of everyone around them is a bigger deal. If would feel horrible if I got someone sick and then they died because I was careless.
Saturday night I thought there was a decent chance I worked with the father. A coworker of mine had a daughter return from a semester abroad program in Milan, Italy at the same time. All I could think about was could I have possibly exposed my parents or my wife's parents. I wasn't as worried about my son or wife because of their ages and a lack of medical conditions that would make them far more susceptible to a life threatening situation. The amount of entitlement one must have to put others at risk like that is staggering.

Saturday night I thought there was a decent chance I worked with the father. A coworker of mine had a daughter return from a semester abroad program in Milan, Italy at the same time. All I could think about was could I have possibly exposed my parents or my wife's parents. I wasn't as worried about my son or wife because of their ages and a lack of medical conditions that would make them far more susceptible to a life threatening situation. The amount of entitlement one must have to put others at risk like that is staggering.
You are absolutely correct! I remember back when AIDS was running rampant that several people in the US were charged with reckless endangerment for having unprotected "relations" with other people. How is this any different??

So reading that article it stated that the daughter only had a headache and a sore throat - no fever! If we were to quarantine everyone with those symptoms we should just shut down like Italy did. You can’t determine who has it if there are not serious symptoms or unless everyone gets tested.

So reading that article it stated that the daughter only had a headache and a sore throat - no fever! If we were to quarantine everyone with those symptoms we should just shut down like Italy did. You can’t determine who has it if there are not serious symptoms or unless everyone gets tested.

If you have symptoms, you stay home...period. ESPECIALLY if you were told to self quarantine.

We have instituted a 48 hour free of any cold symptom (headache, sore throat, chills, congestion, etc) and ONE WEEK free of fever for any classes in my area. And a policy that if your kid shows up symptomatic with anything, we are calling parents and sending them home (or sending adults home, if it's not a kid doing this:).

There is a 100 cases in Australia. First ones were cruise ship or China or Iran travellers. But there has been a few at a retirement home and some health workers and there children

There is a 100 cases in Australia. First ones were cruise ship or China or Iran travellers. But there has been a few at a retirement home and some health workers and there children

Thank you for the information. I didn't feel right liking the post.

The daughter had been in Milan as well as having symptoms, that's why they quarantined the whole family. It's what we call "pre-test probability". Hers was very high (symptoms and a recent trip to Italy) and the family should have stayed home while the test was being performed. No different than if she'd been to China. Italy has the highest level of warning from the State Department- do not go.

One case I think we might see similar in USA. Casual worker went to work in a pub as he didn't have sick leave while waiting result

I agree though I'm hoping that doesn't happen as much where I'm at. I think it was WA and not the county, that put in a new state law last year that people have to earn sick time so I get it through the temp agency. It's based off hours worked but unlike the temp agency vacation time there's no minimum hours needed to get the benefit. Not sure if it flows down to part time employees or not but I'm hoping it helps things for those that do now have it.

From a doctor in Italy:
And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is 'temporarily' put in crisis, the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.
"Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.
"Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
"Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.
"The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask, 'What can I do for you now?'
"Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.
"There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...rk-warning-from-italys-coronavirus-epicentre/

The daughter had been in Milan as well as having symptoms, that's why they quarantined the whole family. It's what we call "pre-test probability". Hers was very high (symptoms and a recent trip to Italy) and the family should have stayed home while the test was being performed. No different than if she'd been to China. Italy has the highest level of warning from the State Department- do not go.
I am not arguing whether she should have been quarantined or not - I was just observing that most people (aside from returning from Italy) would not be aware there was any concern if they only had a headache and sore throat.

I put on another thread as well, but here in the UK yesterday they had a press conference and they basically plan for everyone to get it this summer so we don't block up the health system next winter!!! 😫😓

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200309_182015_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309_182015_com.android.chrome.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 69

20% of the people have these mild symptoms but still spread the virus.

A total community lock down is the only way to stop the spread. That is how the spread and new cases are currently so low in China and South Korea

The US State Department is now officially advising Americans not to go on cruises:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...LuSM8i0KWQBSaZ4heDniggmxR3kBR6e2EgWiKr6B0EseM

I have to believe if we’re at that point then theme parks with tens of thousands of visitors like Disney aren’t far behind. This continues to be really really bad and unprecedented since the widespread use of airplane travel.
I have a feeling temperature screening is coming soon.

I think theme park have less risk than cruise ships, but I can't believe they are doing what they can now to prevent the parks from becoming the next "incubator."

I'm cancelling my cruise in April, thought about replacing with WDW, but I think I'm going to drive to a national park and try to mostly stay away from groups of traveling people.

Yes. I think this virus is behaving differently here. I don't think it likes suburbia. China, and even Italy are really different from the US- we do social distancing naturally. And maybe they got a worse strain of the virus (along with Iran).

We have lots of space per person and I think that really matters. The virus is in NYC now, though, so we'll see how that goes, but I just don't see the cases coming out of Washington that one would expect now that they're testing as much as they are. Maybe the weather is helping, too. Fingers crossed.

As someone who lives in southern NY, where the hardest hit part of NY is, isn’t NYC. It’s the NYC suburbs. Unfortunately, I don’t think suburbia is the answer.

I will say though. People are being responsible for the most part, but riding on the train into NYC right now, the general consensus is be responsible, wash your hands, stay home if your sick, and live your life.

🤷🏼‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter