Attractions where lines are hot

Heffalump12

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this has been asked before but what attractions at WDW have lines that are hot to stand in? Trying to get my plans together for a trip in Sept and it just occured to me that I may not want to schedule a ride with lines waiting in the hot sun in the middle of the day. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Well, most any outdoor one will be hot, but some have more shade than others. The Tomorrowland Speedway comes to mind as one of the hottest waits around due to all the pavement and exhaust. Most though at least have shade and of course A/C once you get inside. Big Thunder is mostly covered but it can be a bit of a sweat box as it does not have A/C.

We waited 2 hours for Slinky Dog Dash and it was very hot. (Posted wait 75 minutes, but it was much longer due to 2 breakdowns). It was extremely hot and in the sun, at least until you get to the shaded area.

Just use a fp for everything except for a few rides in the first hour or two. Less sun, less waiting. :)

AK as a whole is horrible in the summer- very few a/c places to escape into. Epcots not much better; plenty of a/c but getting from point a to point b leaves you dripping as things are so far apart and most walking is in the sun.

The worst standby lines are SDD, sometimes Spaceship Earth depending on time of day/angle of the sun, BTMR (first part is in sun, sweatbox once you go down the ramp), and Enchanted Tales with Belle (sporadic shade like SDD). Nothing outside is pleasant in the summer but the rest that I can think of are (nearly) fully shaded and/or inside.

Last edited:

Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, BarnStormer, Tomorrowland Speedway, I can see Expedition Everest being hot in the summer too.

Big thunder mountain, as several have said, is horrid. Tomorrow land speed way is also brutal in my opinion. Triceratops spin ( the dinosaur dumbo ride in animal kingdom) is also on my list of no thanks if the line is long.

Tomorrowland Speedway is the worst! Hollywood Studios also has a lot of concrete, that whole park seems hot to me!

Definitely Tomorrowland speedway, barnstormer in mk and all of toy story land except toy story mania, which is inside.

Lines themselves - Big Thunder and Tomorrowland Speedway. The exhaust is a killer. Barnstormer is bad, too, but I won't wait more than 15-20 minutes there anyway.

Worse park area for heat - Toy Story Land. No shade, no inside shopping with AC, no inside food with AC. Place is horrible. Badly designed. Yes - TSM queue is indoors - but that's it. This past week - I almost didn't wait the 5 minutes for my FP window to open up for TSM because I couldn't find a lick of shade or AC to stand and wait in.

I thought I was going to combust waiting on festival of the lion king last September! I was covered in sweat and just trying to remain calm. Some lines don’t allow for any breeze whatsoever! I bought one of those painted parasols from MK on a previous trip, but forgot it that morning. Did not forget again the rest of the trip!

Haunted Mansion almost did me in last trip. That will be an evening queue from now on for us. We tend to go back to our room in the middle of the day, and save the mostly outdoor queues for after dinner :)

Dear god. We're going this time next year (read reports this week was super hot/humid) and I'm starting to panic. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter