TEXT
HOMEMADE
NETFLIX
FACEBOOK
CELEBRITY GOSSIP
STAY HOME
CITY GIRL

Happy Weekend everyone 🎉🎉🎉🎉

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!!!

I missed thankful Thursday so I will say I am thankful the season of week long+ vacations for everyone is coming to a close. Covering for 2 coworkers with only a week in between to recover has been rough. I am so thankful they were able to take time off and spend quality time with their families but oh my will I be delighted when we are all together, consistently. I say together but we are 100% remote LOL-but you get the idea?

Weekend has been good so far I kept my niece yesterday and she’s just wonderful! So nice to have a little baby in the family again to enjoy…and return 🙃

Went to my husbands company picnic today-it was at Knoebels which is a amusement park about 2 hours from us but worth the drive! Free parking-free admission and then his company has a catered lunch and everyone gets $30 in tickets that are good for food, games and rides! The weather was gorgeous and DD took a friend, we had a great time!

Onto social Saturday!
Salty
Diamonds
Yoga pants
Target
Books
Early bird
Happy hour
Wine
Flats
Chocolate
Glamping (I have never been camping!)
Mexican
Grocery store(only bc they have everything but I love a farmers market!)
Lip gloss
Rule keeper
Beach
Vintage
Colorful
Dreamer
Text
Homemade
Netflix
Facebook
Stay home
Celebrity gossip
Country girl

Social Saturday:
Sweet

Diamonds
Yoga pants
Target, if I have to but really only because that's what we have close by
Books
Early Bird
Sunday Funday
Neither wine or beer, but I can be talked in to a nice fruity
cocktail
Flats
Chocolate
Glamping
Mexican
Farmer's Market
Lip gloss
More of a rule keeper
Beach
Vintage
Colorful
I'm a realistic dreamer ;)
Text
Take out
Netflix
Neither Facebook or Twitter but I live on Instagram
News
Home
More country, even tho I live smack dap in the city

Sunday Self-care:

Good thing I planned for yesterday to be a no-work day because it ended up being an barely-moving-at-all day. I just could not get going at all.

This morning I've been out to work in the back yard, then went down to the mall to return a couple things. And I'm proud to share that I went into the danger zone that is Home Goods and came out with just the one thing I was looking for - I need to repot my fig and needed a large basket to put the larger pot in. Next up I think will be a little nap, then a trip to the grocery store... all good stuff.

Had a good weekend. Still have one more project to complete, but I need DH for it and am being strategic about when I say it's time to start! :rolleyes1

Drove the hour to Ikea Saturday but they didn't have everything I was looking for. I did get all the things my friends requested. Plus I got Swedish meatballs for lunch so that was a win! And sometime this week I'll for sure see my friends!

Babysat Friday night and tonight. We were so happy DS2 said he'd be here at 6:30 instead of the 10:30 we thought. That frees up the evening for that project!!! I think another 45 minutes and then DH will be required!

EDIT: DH is so sweet. He came on his own 30 minutes before I was going to nab him! Unfortunately the project became more complex than we thought. We're in a good spot though and should finish tomorrow!

Last edited:
After the week of vacation and the week of traveling this week is back to work-from-home, except that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we have our all-day group meetings with training, guest speakers etc. So my motivation this week is to stay engaged and keep my focus and attention on what is being presented. I'm also committing to doing one yard chore each day, just one, and by the end of the week I should be just about caught up.

Today was my first day setting up my classroom. DH came with me and moved furniture for me since they never put things back where they belong after stripping and waxing the floors. He finished helping after two hours and I stayed until late afternoon putting in 7 hours. I still have so much to do. Tomorrow I have an appointment for highlights and a hair cut, so I won't be able to go to the classroom. I have stuff going on Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning, but other than that, I will be at school getting ready.

I'm on survival mode at the moment, so I'm not focusing on losing weight right now, just trying not to make any stupid decisions.

TUESDAY TOPIC:

1660611683315.png

Do you know about the health benefits associated with getting direct sunlight prior to10am?

We usually seek the sunlight in the afternoon or evening (who doesn't love a glorious sunset?) but research shows that you reap the most health benefits between 8-10 am. It not only helps you feel happier, it helps you:

* sleep better
* improve your bone health
* boost your metabolism
* improve the way your body absorbs nutrients
* in regulating hormones and moods
* and boosts immune function

All of those benefits in as little as 10-20 minutes a day, with absolutely no cost to your bank account.

I'm going to give this a try this week, anyone else up for an experiment?

That’s so interesting. In the summer, I like to go on my back deck and pull the dead flowers off my petunias and geraniums and water them before 9:00 am before it gets too hot outside. It’s so peaceful. In Cape Cod, we sat on our porch and had breakfast early. We walked on the beach in the morning and then set up our chairs and floats by the water. We sunned ourselves and swam every morning until lunchtime. I didn’t enjoy the afternoons nearly as much as the mornings on the beach.

97CB057D-BABD-46BD-A979-77445E9E02C3.jpeg

This morning we have a heavy marine cloud cover, so not very inspirational for getting outside. Plus the meetings start a little before 8am, so I'll have to get my morning sun during our break times. I tossed and turned all night last night, so I'll be ever so grateful if getting morning sunlight helps with that... not watching true crime drama before bed might also help.

This is so interesting about the sunlight! When I have puppy fosters in the summer (like I do now) I take them on 3-4; 10 mins walks a day and normally 3 of them before 10am and do feel more energized for the rest of the day when I do that! So good to know there is research to back that up!!

@ShannyMcB enjoy your vacation!!!
@Summer2018 good luck on your project!
@glss1/2fll I LOVE IKEA even if I just get lunch and coffee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter