Aulani parking - after check out

son3disfan

DIS Veteran
We are staying at this resort on points ( first time on points and first time at resort)
I understand that we can park for free during our stay as this is a DVC booking.
Check out time is 11:00 am, but we don’t fly home until very late in the evening. We were hoping to check out, put our bags in the car and hang out at the resort for the day, until our dining reservation at AMA - AMA at 6 pm, ( also hoping to stay a while at the restaurant, enjoy a few cocktails, watch the sunset- head to airport about 9;30. I read that we will get 4 hours of validated parking for the dining. Any idea if we will be able to keep our car parked for the afternoon, or will we need to pay for parking after 11:00 am? Any advice?

Check out time is 11:00 am, but we don’t fly home until very late in the evening. We were hoping to check out, put our bags in the car and hang out at the resort for the day, until our dining reservation at AMA - AMA at 6 pm, ( also hoping to stay a while at the restaurant, enjoy a few cocktails, watch the sunset- head to airport about 9;30. I read that we will get 4 hours of validated parking for the dining. Any idea if we will be able to keep our car parked for the afternoon, or will we need to pay for parking after 11:00 am? Any advice?

This should be no problem. It is always fine to either check in before check in time, even several hours before, leave your bags and start enjoying the resort! :cutie: Conversely, it is also okay to check out of your room, leave your bags with Bell Services and enjoy the resort. Like many Hawaii resorts, Aulani has a "Hospitality Room" with showers, and a lounge area for such guests. I THINK you may need to reserve a place there if you need those services. In Hawaii, many flights are red-eyes so they are very used to guests being "homeless" for several hours until time to get to the airport. So enjoy! :sunny:

This should be no problem. It is always fine to either check in before check in time, even several hours before, leave your bags and start enjoying the resort! :cutie: Conversely, it is also okay to check out of your room, leave your bags with Bell Services and enjoy the resort. Like many Hawaii resorts, Aulani has a "Hospitality Room" with showers, and a lounge area for such guests. I THINK you may need to reserve a place there if you need those services. In Hawaii, many flights are red-eyes so they are very used to guests being "homeless" for several hours until time to get to the airport. So enjoy! :sunny:
Oh, a hospitality room....I had no idea! That would work! I don’t see anywhere online to reserve a spot though. Maybe something we do at check out? I like the idea of having Disney hold our luggage instead of leaving them in the truck of the car.
Thank you for your reply, always great info on these boards!

Last time we were there, bell services held our luggage and they didn’t take reservations for the hospitality room. You could come and go as you needed. It was a great place to take a break from the sun as they had comfy couches to lounge around on. I believe we kept a carry on with us and put it in the lockers that were available so we could shower and change before dinner. Make sure you bring ziplock bags for the wet bathing suits.

Last time we were there, bell services held our luggage and they didn’t take reservations for the hospitality room. You could come and go as you needed. It was a great place to take a break from the sun as they had comfy couches to lounge around on. I believe we kept a carry on with us and put it in the lockers that were available so we could shower and change before dinner. Make sure you bring ziplock bags for the wet bathing suits.
Great to hear! Thanks !

You could also request a late check out and they *may* do it for you.
I think the last time we were there they let us check out at 12:30 without penalty and we were staying on points.
Obviously it would depend on how busy the resort is but that extra little bit of time packing up is precious.

I think the last time we were there they let us check out at 12:30 without penalty and we were staying on points.
Obviously it would depend on how busy the resort is but that extra little bit of time packing up is precious.
Yes another good idea!

Wow, Alohamom! You got VERY lucky. :cutie: Wonderful to hear, but as a 25+ year DVC member, I must add that this is extremely rare for the FD to do for a member rez. I would just hate for any member or anyone staying on DVC points to thing this might be an option. :sunny:

@alohamom The Disney Store at Square One (Mississauga) has a display of Winnie the Pooh merchandise - next to a sign that mentions the movie "Christopher Robin". There was Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet plush, figurines sets (plastic) and lots of the Christopher Robin tote bag https://www.shopdisney.com/winnie-the-pooh-tote-bag-christopher-robin-1479450

Wow, Alohamom! You got VERY lucky. :cutie: Wonderful to hear, but as a 25+ year DVC member, I must add that this is extremely rare for the FD to do for a member rez. I would just hate for any member or anyone staying on DVC points to thing this might be an option. :sunny:

I must have looked like I needed it LOL-I went down and simply asked and it was no problem. My lucky day I guess!

And they have this great spin-y centrifuge machine that almost dries the swimsuits too (in the hospitality room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter