Aunty's Free Activities Registration

I agree that the communication of various aspects of Aulani needs work. Had it not been for these boards, I would have never known about the pre-registration or making dining reservations 6 months in advance. However, my guess is there will be cancellations of both Kids club and dining. It is annoying to have to check daily, I understand. But as jtba said, there are so many other things to do there that I am CERTAIN you will all have a blast! Btw, I also tried for cabana reservations the first day the window opened for our visit and they were already sold out!

i am sorry to hear that as it does sound like a bummer. :\

but even if you take away the kids club + cabana + character breakfast, there are still lots of fun things to do, right? pool! waterslides! lazy river! lagoon! starlit hui! moo'olelo storytelling! movie night outside! menehune trail! shave ice! bumping into characters on site! turtles in that secret cove nearby! tidepool! (there's more on our itinerary but i'll stop now.)

and last but not least, hanging out with your family away from home!!! :) :) :)

p.s. think of it this way, the $$$ you would've spent on the cabana and the character breakfast can now go towards some other awesome thing you want to do, either at aulani / hawaii or elsewhere.
Yes, you are right. I have been to Hawaii with the family (at another resort), with no cabana, no character breakfast, no meal reservations of any kind, and no kids club and we had a great time. I think all the posts about how busy and crowded the resort is, can't get a pool chair, can't sign up for this and that sent me over the edge. I should just stop reading and get back to being excited.

Yes, you are right. I have been to Hawaii with the family (at another resort), with no cabana, no character breakfast, no meal reservations of any kind, and no kids club and we had a great time. I think all the posts about how busy and crowded the resort is, can't get a pool chair, can't sign up for this and that sent me over the edge. I should just stop reading and get back to being excited.

yeah, reading all all those things was definitely stressing me out too, but i decided that escaping the doldrums of everyday life more than makes up for it.

know that we are all very envious of your impending visit! please do report back when you get a chance so that we may live vicariously through you until we get our own turn. :)

yeah, reading all all those things was definitely stressing me out too, but i decided that escaping the doldrums of everyday life more than makes up for it.

know that we are all very envious of your impending visit! please do report back when you get a chance so that we may live vicariously through you until we get our own turn. :)
thank you for letting me vent . . I feel much better now. :)

I agree that it seems crazy to have to extensively plan a beach vacation! I messed up our character breakfast (booked it the wrong day) and now the day I want is not available. And that is not until June! Crazy. Per my reading here, you have a decent chance of getting a character dining reservation one or so days before as a walk up. We will try this if I can't find an online cancellation.

With regards to Aunty's, I think their system is terrible and as you said, the pre registration is not well advertised. Another option for childcare that we are using on our Pearl Harbor day is the babysitting through Aulani. I didn't want them in the kids' club all day, so we are getting a sitter. It might be an option for you. For us to pay for one of the premium activities for our two kids was going to be about the same cost as a sitter for 4 hours. If you have more than two kids, it would actually be cheaper to get the sitter. The sitters can't take them in the pools or ocean but can take them to other things around the resort. I haven't reserved the sitter, but I'd better get on that since everything else seems crazy booked. Here is the link to babysitting: https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/rooms-offers/in-room-options/childcare/

Another thing to remember, there are options other than the cabanas for reserved seating that no one can book in advance. The casabellas are reserved day-of only, first come basis. So if there is a designated "pool day" for you, maybe one adult can get up early to get one of those? Maybe a day early in the trip when you are still on mainland time and getting up early anyway due to time change? Just an idea from someone who has never been there yet (but I've been reading a lot of great advice here! ). Also the family resort activities are also same day sign up, so no one can pre book them out from under you. It does mean an early trek to sign up, but not 0630 early, from what I've read (someone correct me that's wrong).

Have a wonderful trip!!

Just a note about cabanas being booked - I believe that it's 10am where they go standby if someone who had a reservation has not shown up. Go to the desk by Rainbow Reef and check for cancellations/no shows, if you are hoping for a cabana. We actually had a cabana booked, but were able to switch to the one we liked better at 10am because the other family didn't show up for it.

I hear you! We're taking our first trip to Aulani next month with the family, and my husband strictly forbid me from planning like I planned our WDW vacation in October. That being said, I luckily checked the boards a couple weeks ago and booked before everything was full. We're spending a ton of money for the Disney Hawaii experience, and I would be frustrated to not be able to take full advantage. Like the other posters have said though, I'm most excited to be able to take my kiddos to Hawaii and to just let them relax and be kids. I'm anxious to hear how your trip goes, and I hope you'll tell us (me) what to do and not to do. I hope you have an amazing time!

I agree that it seems crazy to have to extensively plan a beach vacation! I messed up our character breakfast (booked it the wrong day) and now the day I want is not available. And that is not until June! Crazy. Per my reading here, you have a decent chance of getting a character dining reservation one or so days before as a walk up. We will try this if I can't find an online cancellation.

With regards to Aunty's, I think their system is terrible and as you said, the pre registration is not well advertised. Another option for childcare that we are using on our Pearl Harbor day is the babysitting through Aulani. I didn't want them in the kids' club all day, so we are getting a sitter. It might be an option for you. For us to pay for one of the premium activities for our two kids was going to be about the same cost as a sitter for 4 hours. If you have more than two kids, it would actually be cheaper to get the sitter. The sitters can't take them in the pools or ocean but can take them to other things around the resort. I haven't reserved the sitter, but I'd better get on that since everything else seems crazy booked. Here is the link to babysitting: https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/rooms-offers/in-room-options/childcare/

Another thing to remember, there are options other than the cabanas for reserved seating that no one can book in advance. The casabellas are reserved day-of only, first come basis. So if there is a designated "pool day" for you, maybe one adult can get up early to get one of those? Maybe a day early in the trip when you are still on mainland time and getting up early anyway due to time change? Just an idea from someone who has never been there yet (but I've been reading a lot of great advice here! ). Also the family resort activities are also same day sign up, so no one can pre book them out from under you. It does mean an early trek to sign up, but not 0630 early, from what I've read (someone correct me that's wrong).

Have a wonderful trip!!
Man! I wish you were going before us! My husband and I want to go diving one day without the kids. I'm sure the sitters will be fantastic, but it's scary leaving a baby with a stranger. I'll definitely let you know how it goes for us, though!

Man! I wish you were going before us! My husband and I want to go diving one day without the kids. I'm sure the sitters will be fantastic, but it's scary leaving a baby with a stranger. I'll definitely let you know how it goes for us, though!

Someone on another thread had used the sitters and had a very positive experience. I don't know the ages of their kids though. I will post my experience when we return for sure!

I just registered, thank you for the head's up. We will be leaving the resort most days, so hopefully we will get one on he resort days. We aren't going to miss seeing the island to make too, but he would enjoy doing it if he can.

Do you have to pre-register for the tour of the grounds, or can you just show up at one of the times?

I'm confused. I understand about the preregistration for the certain activities. Thanks to this board I was able to get out of three. But regarding the regular Aunty's club activities, if the preregistered activities are full on a certain day, does that mean the the drop in club is full as well? How does the drop in club work?

I'm confused. I understand about the preregistration for the certain activities. Thanks to this board I was able to get out of three. But regarding the regular Aunty's club activities, if the preregistered activities are full on a certain day, does that mean the the drop in club is full as well? How does the drop in club work?
My understanding from speaking with someone yesterday is that the drop in is separate from the activites. So you can still try to do that. But, particularly if you are going at a peak time, even the drop in can fill up. We will be there tomorrow so I will post an update on our experience with Aunty's (and pool chairs, cabanas, and anything else that people want to know about). We will likely try to get the beach casabellas a few days, but may try to see if a cabana opens one day. We will be offsite some but planning on spending at least a few days just lounging by the pool and ocean.

On the plane on our way. And they just announced there is a make a wish family on board headed to aulani. That certainly puts everything in perspective. I will complain no more - I'm happy to have the privilege of taking my healthy kids on a fantastic vacation. Will try to post some updates from the trip.

so this is what i compiled a week ago by looking through the daily iwa:

Aunty's Aloha Party: 12:30 p.m. TuThSaSu, 1 p.m. W
Stitch's Space Goo: 3 p.m. MTuThFSaSu, 10 a.m. W
Keiki Hula: 6 p.m. MTuThFSa
Coconut King and Queens of Comedy: 7:30 p.m. MTuThFSa

I just wanted to add that Stitch's Space Goo occurs at 10 am on other days also but is not advertised in the Daily Iwa. This was noted when I received my pre-registration activities email.

I just pre-registered Thursday 3/17/16 for our trip 4/11-4/18 and both my girls got all three free activities we requested and the Fish are Friends.
Keiki Hula 4/12/16 at 6pm
Coconut Comedy 4/14/16 at 7:30pm (not sure how my 3 year old will do with that one, little late and doesn't sound like much fun for a 3 year old)
Aloha Party 4/16/16 at 12:30pm

Premium Experience, Fish are Friends on Friday 4/15/16 11-2, have kids there by 10:30 and includes lunch.

The pre-registered activities are in a different room, so kids can still come in for free play if they are not registered for the structured activity. It's a good idea, though, to check the schedule for the activities even if you're not planning to have the kids attend - we dropped off the kids for free play 15 minutes before Space Goo (which they already did a few days before) and it was very busy in the waiting area and we had to wait a few minutes for them to scan their bands. We also made the mistake of picking them up one time right before an activity was going to begin, and we had to wait for several minutes before we could sign out, since the lady and the machine to sign out were very busy with sign-ins. My kids (6 and 8) were actually pretty excited to go to free time while there was an activity going on (that they already did) because they didn't have to wait for the video games to be available.

I just pre-registered Thursday 3/17/16 for our trip 4/11-4/18 and both my girls got all three free activities we requested and the Fish are Friends.
Keiki Hula 4/12/16 at 6pm
Coconut Comedy 4/14/16 at 7:30pm (not sure how my 3 year old will do with that one, little late and doesn't sound like much fun for a 3 year old)
Aloha Party 4/16/16 at 12:30pm

Premium Experience, Fish are Friends on Friday 4/15/16 11-2, have kids there by 10:30 and includes lunch.

My kids LOVED the Coconut Comedy night, but they are 6 and 8, and I don't think a 3 year old would have as much fun. From the photos, it looked like most of the kids were ages 5 and up that day. They had some joke books and each kid got to tell a joke (it could be their own, or one from the book). They also did some silly dress up and had a silly dance party.

The pre-registration process I think has been a fantastic addition. We were at Aulani in Feb of 2015 and then just were there last month again. Pre registration helped me not have to stress out and hurry down to get in line early like the year before. I liked getting the schedule and then planning around it. However, once we are at the resort we don't tend to leave much so that is probably easier for us than others. Hope it turns out ok for you, Aulani is so amazing! :)

Thank you for the heads up! While I agree that it can be unfair for those who don't know about it, it will be nice to not have to wake up early for my kiddos to be able to participate in these activities. We are travelling with my sister in law and her kids, does anyone know if we could get kids in together? If its seperate can we call and request or could one of us put in all four kids(her two and my two).

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter