Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Then to play that scenario out...will it be Thor?

He knows who made the gauntlet, and lets face it, IF Loki and all the Asgardians are gone and not effected by the "return" what does he really have to live for?? He has claimed Earth for his protection, would that not fit?

It would also allow them to go to one of the other stories on Thor and reboot the actor - do Beta Ray Bill or the female Thor for a few movies....

just spit balling here....

I still think the key is we are basically back to the original Avengers. So there has to be some tie in with Hawk Eye or pull in as well

Thor is a possibility. It has to be someone on that level to be able to live long enough with the Gauntlet on. It can't be Tony. The Infinity stones would disintegrate him on contact. Thanos is a Titan. That's why he could wield the power.

Thor or maybe Captain Marvel might try. Or a new character we haven't seen yet like Adam Warlock or Silver Surfer.

I saw it Sunday. It was a really good movie. When I heard it was long, I groaned. But it was so well paced I didn't even noticed. Loved when Dr. Strange was with Stark and Spiderman and when they joined up with the Guardians. Everyone was given a moment to shine. The ending would have been really depressing though if I didn't know there was whole slate of Sequels coming.

Now they have to payoff this. Which might be more difficult. I would like to see more Cap but I always want to see more Cap. And I think this will happen in the next movie

Love Cap's beard!!!! Just thought I'd throw that out there. He is almost too pretty without it.

This. The Gauntlet’s broke and it’s no coincidence that Thor and Rocket survived. Both of whom know there’s a mold for the Gauntlet and also Nebula who played an important part in the original comic storyline.

I think them going back to the Battle of New York is Tony using his B.A.R.F technology from Civil War to see what they missed the first time Thanos attacked them tbh

It's broke? he conjured a portal to leave after being hit with the axe.

And I really think Avengers 4 will be the moment for the ones still alive. We should start preparing ourselves now for the very likely end for some of our favorites.

Listen, I "prepared" for several of my favorites to die, just in case, including Loki who the whole world was expecting to die early and I was STILL a blubbering mess at the end! :laughing: Heimdall got me good too, even though he was never a huge fan favorite, he's always been one of mine and that hit me harder than I was expecting.

I thought the movie was amazing though! I haven't been on the Marvel bandwagon until these last few years when I fell head over heels for Guardians. The rest, especially Thor, grew on me quickly. So although I can't truly say I've been waiting 10 years for this epic film, I can still appreciate how truly epic it is! I was absolutley blown away and every scene between Tony and Guardians was perfection! "I'll do you one better - WHY is Gamora?!" :rotfl:

Of course Disney underestimated the Sunday ticket sales by almost $8 million. Total US came in $257,600,000 and $640,000,000 worldwide. Missing at least $200m it will be getting from the openings in China and Russia the next couple of weeks. This was just a monster. Given people talking about seeing it 2-3 times to catch everything, I wonder the staying power it will have.

I don't think it will be time travel.

It will have something to do with the Gauntlet itself. It's been years since I read the original comics, but if memory serves me correctly after Thanos gets everything he wants it's not as satisfying as he hoped. He loses his sense of purpose and kind of goes crazy. Before he kills himself and gives up the Gauntlet he reverses the universe wide genocide he did.

It could be this or somehow the heroes get the Gauntlet off him and one of them try's to use it. Of course normal humans would be consumed by the Gauntlet so someone might die trying.

That's not quite what happened. Thanos had the Gauntlet stolen from him by Nebula (who Thanos was keeping in a "zombie" state in a very decayed body) after he left his body unguarded as he traversed the astral realm. Nebula banishes Thanos who is saved and convinced by Adam Warlock to help put things right because he had never been worthy of the power of the Gauntlet (this is probably the part you perceive as "goes crazy" - he's super unsettled by the idea that he was unworthy and wrong and that Death had rebuffed him). He returned and convinced Nebula to reverse the damage, which actually allowed her to be attacked by the cosmic elders (who were previously defeated and "frozen") while Adam Warlock sabotaged the Infinity Gems' bond causing Nebula to rip the Gauntlet off and letting Warlock take it and proclaim the conflict at an end.

This was one of my first big crossovers that I read as a comics fan and it was so amazing. I haven't read it in a while either, but I remember thinking it was so wild and also deep. The sequels didn't quite live up, but I've always been a fan of the cosmic Marvel Universe, particularly under Jim Starlin.

It's broke? he conjured a portal to leave after being hit with the axe.

By broke I meant it was clearly damaged after The Snap. The Stones are still there obviously but the Gauntlet itself was damaged by The Snap.

It’s Chekhov's gun. Why have Thor and Rocket see the mould of the original Gauntlet if they aren’t going to need a new one to reverse The Snap?

When I came out the theater a bunch of guys were stating. Why T'challa? WHY? They should have taken out the raccoon. Not my opinion but still. I am not worried. Black Panther made far too much money and was too much loved to let go.

I was slightly depressed by the ending too. But where there is a sequel there's hope.

Thor is a possibility. It has to be someone on that level to be able to live long enough with the Gauntlet on. It can't be Tony. The Infinity stones would disintegrate him on contact. Thanos is a Titan. That's why he could wield the power.

Thor or maybe Captain Marvel might try. Or a new character we haven't seen yet like Adam Warlock or Silver Surfer.

Marvel can't (yet) use Silver Surfer so he's out. I doubt you bring in a new character like Surfer or Warlock to be the big hero at the end of A4. No, the sacrifice at the end of A4 will have to be one or more of the characters that we know from phase 1 in order to have the needed impact.

I have a bad feeling that Tony isn't going to make it out of A4. It would be full circle for his character to go from arrogant jerk in IM1 to being willing to sacrifice for others. Then for phase 4 they could pass on the Tony/Mentor role for the team onto Strange and in the scenes we saw with Cumberbatch and Downey, he was more then able to hold his own with Downey in all those scenes.

When I came out the theater a bunch of guys were stating. Why T'challa? WHY? They should have taken out the raccoon. Not my opinion but still. I am not worried. Black Panther made far too much money and was too much loved to let go.

I was slightly depressed by the ending too. But where there is a sequel there's hope.

Hey.. hey.. Don't mess with the rabbit.

By broke I meant it was clearly damaged after The Snap. The Stones are still there obviously but the Gauntlet itself was damaged by The Snap.

It’s Chekhov's gun. Why have Thor and Rocket see the mould of the original Gauntlet if they aren’t going to need a new one to reverse The Snap?

And typifally in the comics when the gauntlet is used what happens afterwards is pretty random. You cannot just use that much power all at once with no aftereffects to the gauntlet and stones.

And typifally in the comics when the gauntlet is used what happens afterwards is pretty random. You cannot just use that much power all at once with no aftereffects to the gauntlet and stones.

Yeah, humans who have tried to use that power have had a hard time, and even destroying the stones doesn't work because they will reappear somewhere, so even if they had been successful in destroying the Mind Stone, it would have come back somewhere in the universe. They are part of the fundamental structure of the cosmos and can't be removed.

In the comics, the Gauntlet was just one of Thanos's gloves. He didn't need anything special to house the gems, he just started sticking them on.

Saw it a second time so now I have some different thoughts.

Theater was packed Monday night but the jokes didn't pack the same punch as Friday. Wonder if most people were repeat viewing.

I'm having a hard time believing even Loki is dead (say he's permanently dead one more time movie, the more you say it the more I don't believe). I'm now 100% sure gamora is not.

I totally didn't notice war machine made it through the fade. Wonder what his purpose is? All the non originals seem to be there for a specific reason. Nebula to be a guide to Ironman and she probably can find Thanos. Rocket because he knows where the gauntlet mold is.

I think the movie really missed out on a music cue by not playing the immigrant song when Thor showed up with his new axe. I was certainly hearing that in my head.

Now I'm wondering if just Ironman might die in the next one.

Hemsworth was in an article talking about how he and waitiki spent new years together talking about new Thor ideas. I feel he may have been done with thor but the new director reinvigorated him. Feel like cap might just quietly retire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter