Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Thor is a possibility. It has to be someone on that level to be able to live long enough with the Gauntlet on. It can't be Tony. The Infinity stones would disintegrate him on contact. Thanos is a Titan. That's why he could wield the power.

Thor or maybe Captain Marvel might try. Or a new character we haven't seen yet like Adam Warlock or Silver Surfer.
Yup, agree with both Thor and Capt. Marvel. One thing to consider in original lore Nebula kills Thanos with the Gauntlet as well, and she is still there too.

The Adam Warlock issue is key to me. They clearly showed his cocoon at the end of GotG 2. If he were to come in to help fight off Thanos, that would tie in better with the comic history.

I don't think we'll see Adam Warlock until Guardians 3.

I also think Cap will die in the next movie, but I've thought he was going to die for the past two (Civil War and Infinity War), so I'm obviously not too good at predicting! :P

I don't think we'll see Adam Warlock until Guardians 3.

I also think Cap will die in the next movie, but I've thought he was going to die for the past two (Civil War and Infinity War), so I'm obviously not too good at predicting! :P
Honestly... I am thinking they won't kill off anyone, Major in Avengers lore. Even in the comics it was not uncommon for members to split off and "retire" or move on. That allows them to bring them back...say if necessary.

Keep in mind, IF/WHEN the Fox deal goes through and the MCU can use Fantastic Four and X-men.....there is some great fodder to use for another huge crossover story line or two, not the least of which is Skrulls and such.

So I think what you will see is a "changing of the guard" more than killing off. Cap going off on his own, Iron man leaving, and the Avengers instead move on. Don't forget at one time Hawk eye was leader, then split off to form the West Coast Avengers so theres that too.

Obviously, when it comes to the Avengers who was taken by the snap was far from random. We are left with everyone that fought in the battle of NYC. Tony, Bruce, Thor, Steve, Natasha, and I assume Clint. That has to be a thing in the next movie.

Honestly... I am thinking they won't kill off anyone, Major in Avengers lore. Even in the comics it was not uncommon for members to split off and "retire" or move on. That allows them to bring them back...say if necessary.

They're comic book movies, though, they can kill people and bring them back. What I was imagining for Civil War was Cap dying, Bucky becoming Captain America for a while, then somehow Cap is brought back (since Chris Evans was known to be in Avengers 3 and 4).

Yup, agree with both Thor and Capt. Marvel. One thing to consider in original lore Nebula kills Thanos with the Gauntlet as well, and she is still there too.

The Adam Warlock issue is key to me. They clearly showed his cocoon at the end of GotG 2. If he were to come in to help fight off Thanos, that would tie in better with the comic history.

Warlock was supposed to be in this one and I think they may have even filmed a scene. In the end, they decided that with as much as was going on in the movie and with the amount of backstory to warlock there just really was no way to introduce him properly in this movie. I don't see A4 being any different in that respect.

In the comics recently they had steve rogers retire and falcon take over the mantle of captain america so they could very well do that here too.

Saw it a second time so now I have some different thoughts.

Theater was packed Monday night but the jokes didn't pack the same punch as Friday. Wonder if most people were repeat viewing.

I'm having a hard time believing even Loki is dead (say he's permanently dead one more time movie, the more you say it the more I don't believe). I'm now 100% sure gamora is not.

I totally didn't notice war machine made it through the fade. Wonder what his purpose is? All the non originals seem to be there for a specific reason. Nebula to be a guide to Ironman and she probably can find Thanos. Rocket because he knows where the gauntlet mold is.

I think the movie really missed out on a music cue by not playing the immigrant song when Thor showed up with his new axe. I was certainly hearing that in my head.

Now I'm wondering if just Ironman might die in the next one.

Hemsworth was in an article talking about how he and waitiki spent new years together talking about new Thor ideas. I feel he may have been done with thor but the new director reinvigorated him. Feel like cap might just quietly retire.

I like your thinking here and I hope all of this is correct, especially for Loki. We are seeing it for the second time tonight (midnight showing on a work night, why did I do that to myself??) and I'm hoping to catch some extra things this time. Friday night I was so tense I didn't even eat my popcorn!!

They're comic book movies, though, they can kill people and bring them back. What I was imagining for Civil War was Cap dying, Bucky becoming Captain America for a while, then somehow Cap is brought back (since Chris Evans was known to be in Avengers 3 and 4).

Exactly. I think Loki will be dead for A4 but I see in a future movie him popping up and people going "how the heck are you here?". Send him on a trip a Tahiti.

Sorry, I don't see Marvel "DCing" it.

Killing off a character would have to be a major plot line not a fill in. I do think eventually they will move Cap to another actor to follow plot lines...but not sure they will kill off the existing as they seem to really like having as much room as possible to move around and keep things "believable."

So yes, I see Bucky or Falcon taking over the "mantle" of Cap, but I don't see them killing off Rogers as of yet.
Same for Iron man, and Thor. I honestly would have thought if they were going to kill off Thor, they missed a key opportunity in Ragnarok or Infinity 1.

It seems like there is another studio that might have something to say about whether Spiderman is really dead, or not.

It seems like there is another studio that might have something to say about whether Spiderman is really dead, or not.

They'll obviously reverse Spidey, the fact that he has an announced sequel means he's going to survive in some fashion.

Marvel can't (yet) use Silver Surfer so he's out. I doubt you bring in a new character like Surfer or Warlock to be the big hero at the end of A4. No, the sacrifice at the end of A4 will have to be one or more of the characters that we know from phase 1 in order to have the needed impact.

I have a bad feeling that Tony isn't going to make it out of A4. It would be full circle for his character to go from arrogant jerk in IM1 to being willing to sacrifice for others. Then for phase 4 they could pass on the Tony/Mentor role for the team onto Strange and in the scenes we saw with Cumberbatch and Downey, he was more then able to hold his own with Downey in all those scenes.

I too doubt it would be Surfer, but I thought they can use the Fantastic Four characters now with the purchase of 20th Century Fox.

We did see Adam Warlock in the post credit scene of Guardians 2, so he is coming into play at some point. If not Avengers 4 it will be Guardians 3.

Sorry, I don't see Marvel "DCing" it.

Killing off a character would have to be a major plot line not a fill in. I do think eventually they will move Cap to another actor to follow plot lines...but not sure they will kill off the existing as they seem to really like having as much room as possible to move around and keep things "believable."

So yes, I see Bucky or Falcon taking over the "mantle" of Cap, but I don't see them killing off Rogers as of yet.
Same for Iron man, and Thor. I honestly would have thought if they were going to kill off Thor, they missed a key opportunity in Ragnarok or Infinity 1.

They've already done it in the comics, immediately after Civil War.

I too doubt it would be Surfer, but I thought they can use the Fantastic Four characters now with the purchase of 20th Century Fox.

Purchase isn't final yet. Likely won't be until sometime till next year.

Though that didn't stop Deadpool from taking a shot at Avengers yesturday.

Db9ZJQbU8AE2Udi.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter