• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

....and, speaking of the Tragic Bands, I have a bit of a dilemma:

....for our upcoming trip to F&WF, we have the Deluxe Dining Plan. With that, we had to purchase a 2-day pass for each of us. However, they are not PH's. Through a friend of ours, we got a phenomenal deal on a 3-day PH pass (not directly through Disney). One of the days we will be at WDW, we already have earmarked for a US/IoA, so, obviously we won't need a WDW pass on that day. We arrive on a Tuesday night and are leaving early Sunday morning, so we will have 4 full days in Orlando, minus the one "US/IoA day". This means 3 full 'Disney days', which is perfect for our 3-day PH passes. Okay, so here's the question - the 3-day PH's are paper ones and I want to add them to our bands, but I don't want to activate the 2-day non-PH passes. Is this even possible? Or, can the 2-day ones be removed and transferred onto paper?

....for our upcoming trip to F&WF, we have the Deluxe Dining Plan. With that, we had to purchase a 2-day pass for each of us. However, they are not PH's. Through a friend of ours, we got a phenomenal deal on a 3-day PH pass (not directly through Disney). One of the days we will be at WDW, we already have earmarked for a US/IoA, so, obviously we won't need a WDW pass on that day. We arrive on a Tuesday night and are leaving early Sunday morning, so we will have 4 full days in Orlando, minus the one "US/IoA day". This means 3 full 'Disney days', which is perfect for our 3-day PH passes. Okay, so here's the question - the 3-day PH's are paper ones and I want to add them to our bands, but I don't want to activate the 2-day non-PH passes. Is this even possible? Or, can the 2-day ones be removed and transferred onto paper?

When did planning a disney vacation become so complicated? If you don't plan ahead, or don't know enough to plan ahead, then you're .... out of luck. But when you start trying to plan it... it just gives you a headache... There used to be some fun in just a little spur of the moment... now everyone has itinerarys for having fun in Disney... I think it's crazy.. I go to disney to get away from all of the planning, and schedules, and calendars.. but if you don't have a plan, it's probably going to be a let down.. especially for those first timers who hear how much fun it is.. then you go and if they didn't plan it can be disappointing and alittle overwhelming.

Good question, Kimmar! We're going down and taking my brother with us. We have 10 day paper PH's for us (unexpiring - got them a while ago). We'll buy my brother a pass for the 4 days we'll be at Disney (6 days = 4 Disney + 1 US/IOA + 1 SW). I'd like to have 4 Disney days taken from our PH's and added to the magic band "account" for us. But can I do that? :scratchin

I'm searching on the boards to see if anyone has done this. I'll let you know if I find the info. Please let me know if you do. It's not a big deal to us if we can't xfer the days from our tickets. My brother's should be OK since we're buying only a 4 day PH for him. :thumbsup2

I'd be happier at the number of days left before our vacation if I didn't have so much to do before then! It's a good thing I'm a planner, huh? :lmao:

When did planning a disney vacation become so complicated? If you don't plan ahead, or don't know enough to plan ahead, then you're .... out of luck. But when you start trying to plan it... it just gives you a headache... There used to be some fun in just a little spur of the moment... now everyone has itinerarys for having fun in Disney... I think it's crazy.. I go to disney to get away from all of the planning, and schedules, and calendars.. but if you don't have a plan, it's probably going to be a let down.. especially for those first timers who hear how much fun it is.. then you go and if they didn't plan it can be disappointing and alittle overwhelming.

I still hate having to choose FPs ahead of time, but otherwise I love, love, LOVE planning a WDW trip!!!! I thrive on making plans, making changes, and quite often making changes again!! :rotfl: I've gone twice without being very involved in the planning and quite frankly it lacked something for me. Still loved being there, of course, but there is just something about the planning part that gets me going. :hyper: I just think the whole anticipation part really adds something for me. I don't really plan my days (again, aside from the whole FP bit now.....) but I have a general idea of which parks are best on which days, etc... I dunno, I guess I'm weird (actually, I know I'm weird, cuz kimmar said so :thumbsup2 ).

/

I have to say, I am a fan of the MagicBand. You get used to it real fast and the convenience is amazing. What I don't like, is the whole paperless FastPass system and having to choose ahead of time (well, you don't have to, but then good luck getting what you really want).

I love it for the same reasons. It was incredible to have the convenience of knowing rides were booked in and not having to run around like crazy.

But the whole MB thing is a disaster for my commando family. We used to be able to pull 8 - 12 FP per day on a dawdle. Now we are limited to 3 and then have to wait for after the 3rd is finished to work out if we can get a 4th.

I hope you work it out.

Do the 2-day pass appear on your account in MDE? If you bought them through Disney, I'm not sure that there is anything you can do about it. Perhaps you could call them?

....I did buy the 2-day passes thru Disney - I had to in order to get the Free Dining....

....I did buy the 2-day passes thru Disney - I had to in order to get the Free Dining....

I would call Disney and see if they will be sympathetic to the fact that you already have 3-day PH. I suspect they might want to charge you some $$ if they are sympathetic in order to turn those 2-day pass tix into no expiry or something. That's if they are sympathetic.

....what I really want to do is to save the 2-day ones (it doesn't matter to me whether they are on our MBs or are paper ones...)for a future trip. I'm wondering if, since they probably will be attached to our MBs, as long as we don't use them when entering a park, they won't get activated. This way, we would just use our 3-day PH [paper] ones.....

....what I really want to do is to save the 2-day ones (it doesn't matter to me whether they are on our MBs or are paper ones...)for a future trip. I'm wondering if, since they probably will be attached to our MBs, as long as we don't use them when entering a park, they won't get activated. This way, we would just use our 3-day PH [paper] ones.....

But....won't the 2-day ones on your MB expire?

And I thought that entry into the park is by MB only. Does that mean that when you get to the park, you'll need to convert your 3-day PH paper ones and get a grey MB?

And I thought that entry into the park is by MB only. Does that mean that when you get to the park, you'll need to convert your 3-day PH paper ones and get a grey MB?

At least as of last May, you can still use a ticket to get in. They are now RFID enabled, rather than the old magnetic stripe.

....I'm not sure....I am under the impression that the 2-day ones won't expire until they get activated, and they only get activated the first time one uses them...

....at this point, I really don't want to be unpleasantly surprised....it was annoying enough that I had to buy TWO-DAY passes instead of the 1-day ones, like in previous years....

....at this point, I really don't want to be unpleasantly surprised....it was annoying enough that I had to buy TWO-DAY passes instead of the 1-day ones, like in previous years....

Might be worth a call to Disney to find out if the tix on the MB have an expiry date. How are you going to book your FP+ if they are linked to your pink bands with those 2-day passes on them?

Might be worth a call to Disney to find out if the tix on the MB have an expiry date. How are you going to book your FP+ if they are linked to your pink bands with those 2-day passes on them?

....that's exactly why I am worried....I can start booking FPs on August 28....:confused3

....that's exactly why I am worried....I can start booking FPs on August 28....:confused3

If there are only 2 day passes attached, you may only be able to do FP for two days. I have a weekend booked in October so I went to make my FP reservations. But my AP expires the weekend before. Of course we plan to renew, but I can't make FP reservations until I do renew because the passes attached to my bands are no longer valid at that time. Last year, I had my passes expire during a trip and was able to book FP for the start of the trip but not at the end because no pass was attached. Sooooo. The MB and FP thing is still in the painful growing stage.

If there are only 2 day passes attached, you may only be able to do FP for two days. I have a weekend booked in October so I went to make my FP reservations. But my AP expires the weekend before. Of course we plan to renew, but I can't make FP reservations until I do renew because the passes attached to my bands are no longer valid at that time. Last year, I had my passes expire during a trip and was able to book FP for the start of the trip but not at the end because no pass was attached. Sooooo. The MB and FP thing is still in the painful growing stage.

....oh great - something else to worry about....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter