Back to 180

I kinda liked the 90 day window. But with online bookings, I think I have changed my ADR's more than I did last year with the 180 day window :surfweb:

Rumor is that at the time of the change, all dining reservations will require a credit card guarantee.

HOPE NOT !!

I like that they will require a CC#. That will discourage double bookings and people not cancelling their unwanted reservations.

I hope they bring back the 180 day ADRs!!! I LOVED them in 2008 and was disappointed when they changed it to 90.

I also agree that if there is a CC guarantee, fewer people will make ADRs "just in case" and fewer will double and triple book and then not bother to cancel.

I also feel that with a 180-day window, ADRs will not be as competitive as with a 90-day window. Fewer people are ready to book their meals at 180 days than at 90 days out. For that matter, many people do not even have their vacation booked 6 months before they go!

Here's to wishing and hoping for the return of the 180-day window! :genie:

So happy there bringing back the 180 day reservations ... it makes it so much less stressful knowing you can book everything ALL together - since I normally book 6 months ahead - now I can make dining reservations too.

Oh one more thing.....

I sure hope they release the park hours more than 3 months in advance! I remember when I planned our July 2008 trip, I had made my ADRs in January at the 180-day window, and I already knew the EMH-hours so I knew what park we would be in each day. However, I did write down July 2009 EMH days since it was the same as July 2008, and I am hoping they remain the same for July 2010 when we go. I would hate to be sitting in Hollywood & Vine for the Playhouse Disney breakfast with my kids on an EMH morning!

Rumor is that at the time of the change, all dining reservations will require a credit card guarantee.

HOPE NOT !!

PLEASE tell me they'll do this. All this double booking is getting slightly insane. If you don't want the ADR, cancel it ahead of time and nothing will happen.

I am not sure if I can post this, but it looks like the 180 rumors are true.
BOO! Terrible move, 90 days is still way too long.

HOPE NOT !!
I certainly hope they start requiring a credit card guarantee no matter what their reservation time is.

Looking at their site, the contact address is in Utah. I wonder how they got information that nobody locally has gotten.

And until Disney goes back to posting calendars more than three months out this is very unlikely.

Looking at their site, the contact address is in Utah. I wonder how they got information that nobody locally has gotten.

And until Disney goes back to posting calendars more than three months out this is very unlikely.

I don't know if the info is correct or not, but I do know that the Touring Plans website also mentioned that this could happen in October as well. They just didn't give a specific date.

It would be nice for them to go back to the 180 days, especially since they have been doing a ton of free dining offers. I too also think that if they are going to go back to this, then they should have the schedules out earlier than 3 months out. We are going to Disney the first week of December and am anxiously awaiting the December hours. I can't make my ADRs until Sept. 3rd, so I am hoping that they come out with the hours before me making them. It is so frustrating :mad:

Personally I would like to see them go back to the old policy of 60 days for people staying at a Disney Resort and 30 days for everyone else.

But I would also like to see them do away with the Basic Dining Plan; keep the QS and Dx (and higher) plans.

And as a stockholder I would like to see the rule that if you get any dining plan, rather than at least a one day ticket for each person, that the purchase requirement be for at least 50% of the number of nights of the reservation. So, for example, with a seven night reservation that includes dining the tickets would have to be at least four days.

We still like the "old days" when it was not a problem making your dining reservation once you arrived for your vacation, or at the parks. I particularly liked the touch screens under SSE where you could nake your reservations for the day, before you went into the park. As well as the kiosks out on WS. {Didn't need no stinkin' 90 or 100 day dining windows.} And rarely had a problem getting any reservation we wanted bacl then. Yea, I know it won't work like that any more with the bazillion bodies on property. Oh well........:sad2:

I'm glad somebody else agrees of my line of thinking! Making reservations 180 days, or even 90 days out is ridiculous. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing and spontaneous in many regards. Having to decide that far in advance what you want to eat in when you want to eat it just ruins a vacation in my opinion.

I'm glad somebody else agrees of my line of thinking! Making reservations 180 days, or even 90 days out is ridiculous. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing and spontaneous in many regards. Having to decide that far in advance what you want to eat in when you want to eat it just ruins a vacation in my opinion.
I think DVC members should be allowed to ADRs at 11months just like their accommodation...so just be grateful it is 90days even though it stuffs up the lives of so many planners. As a minimum it should be at a point BEFORE the release of free dining so those paying get preference of those not paying

I definitely agree about the people who were paying should get to choose before those that are getting free dining but I don't believe DVC owners should get any special treatment over others who were paying. I know they think the are a privileged class but they really aren't. In reality Disney is probably making less off of them than it is a family who comes every year and stays at one of the resorts!

I definitely agree about the people who were paying should get to choose before those that are getting free dining but I don't believe DVC owners should get any special treatment over others who were paying. I know they think the are a privileged class but they really aren't. In reality Disney is probably making less off of them than it is a family who comes every year and stays at one of the resorts!
You guys just don't get it do you....
WE DON'T THINK WE ARE PRIVILEGED
WE ARE JUST PART OF THE PEOPLE WHO WILL ALWAYS PAY

So the point I was making was exactly the point you agree with
"people who were paying should get to choose before those that are getting free dining"

But no...people like you always have to assume we are saying we are privileged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter