Back to the Mouse for Halloween in Oct 2010

disneycat_f2008

Mouseketeer
Ok so here I am now making my first PTR for our trip back to the Mouse next year for Halloween, this will be the first time I have gone in October (only ever gone in April/May before) so it will be a new experience for me.

So let me introduce you to the cast that is going:

You have me:

n534630600_2996593_36.jpg

This photo was taken in Disney on our honeymoon last year.

About me i'm 25 but will be 26 when we travel back next year & have loved Disney ever since I was a little girl, I have grown up on Disney & still have some of my Disney films on VHS. My fav Disney film of all time has to be Beauty & the Beast I have loved this film since it first came out & I still watch it now with my niece.

You have the other person that is joining me My Husband:

n534630600_2996591_8239.jpg

His 30 will be 31 when we go next year, his not as mad about Disney as I am but will put up with it, he loves Hollywood Studio's so i know I can make him happy but just taking him there a few times.

So here is what we have for our holiday so far:

When: 3rd Oct to 17th Oct 2010

Where are we staying:
This is the hard one at the moment as trying to get my Husband to sit down for an hour to look at hotels with me is just impossile. We are looking at both on site & off site but I am really hoping we can stay on site this time.

Whats on the cards:
Mainly Disney, with a trip to Universal to see the Harry Potter park as I love Harry Potter (poor hubby), trip to Sea World, trip to Kennedy Space Centre & a day trip to miami

Other bits:
Hubby wants to take me for dinner at the Castle so this is something that we are going to look into for this trip. I am hoping to get a few meals in at the parks as we never done them last time.

Plus we are going to do the Halloween Party as that is my main reason for going in October so I also need to sort some fancy dress outfits for me & hubby which will need some long hard thinking & planning as Hubby won't wear just anything.

I hope some of you will join me on this jounery over the next few 11 months & I hope to get to know some of you x x

Wow, it'll be sooo exciting to see the new Harry Potter area of Universal, good timing for a visit!

Good luck in deciding where to stay, so many fab choices on site...:scratchin

I'm looking forward to seeing the park as well & its one of the reason we are planning our trip so late in the year as well as wanting to go to the Halloween Party.

I'm going to start looking at hotels on site been looking at Pop as its a value & finding that its not much different form most hotels on International drive.

Possible Costume's for the Halloween Party
Ok we haven't even got tis Halloween out of the way yet & me & m hubby are talking about what we will wear to Disney next year so far we have 2 possible idea's which are Mickey & Minnie Mouse or A Pirate & His Wench, i'm sure we will have a few more ideas over the next few months but those are what we have come up with so far.

Oooo a new journal! I like it :goodvibes

I would LOVE to see the new harry potter world, the pictures that have come out so far of the plans look amazing!!

You'll get those meals honey :cutie:

Have you read about the halloween party that universal run? Halloween Horror Nights - they look quite scary but i've heard they are great fun!!!

I think the pirate and wench would be great!! You'd have lots of fun being dressed like that :thumbsup2

The harry Potter World is one of the reason we have put the trip back to Oct so that I know it is open, the picures do look great so far & I am looking forward to it.

I'm making sure we book the meals this time, I really want to make this holiday a bit more special

I've not seen those one's over there so I will have to look into them & see what they are like, we may have to go over to them.

I really want to go as the Pirate & Wench I think they will make great costumes for us & James loves the pirate films

Ok so after looking at lots hotels over the last few days we have ome to a few options:

On site either: Pop or one of the All Star Resorts as they all seem to be coming out at the same price

Off site :
we have the Quality Inn Internation, this is cheaper than the disney hotel but its not disney

If anyone can give any advice on these hotels it would be great

We have come up with a few things that we want to do that aren't on Disney so here they are:

Hot Air Balloon Ride (this only takes up a morning so can go to a disny park in the afternoon)
Universal Studio's/Island of Adventure
Sea World (I have to get my Dolphin Fix)
A trip down to Mimai (hubby really wants to do this)
Kennedy Space Centre
Plus we are hoping to get down to Busch Gardens this time

Hey there!
so you're wondering whether to stay on-site vs. off-site? Honestly - once you stay on-site, you will never even consider off-site again!!! There is something wonderfully magical about being at disney 24-7! I know it's more money, but probably not that much more if you can nab a deal. I know some argue that you only sleep there, but I don't buy that at all. To me, it would be like going on a cruise, but sleeping in a motel on-shore to save a few dollars.

I would love to go to the Halloween party - that would be just so much fun!

See when we stayed last year in Florida, we used our hotel pool alot in the evening when we got back from the parks & I think that if we stayed on site at a Disney Hotel we would use it alot more as well by going back during the day for a bit of a rest & maybe a swim, think I will have to make my Husband see my point on this one.

I'm subscribing for your ptr!!! How fun to go to the mnsshp! I hope we can go next year to that also but I have to get trough decs vacation first lol

Thank you for coming over to join, I am looking forward to going so much next year in october & seeing it all set up for Halloween :)

Ok so after looking at lots hotels over the last few days we have ome to a few options:

On site either: Pop or one of the All Star Resorts as they all seem to be coming out at the same price

We have come up with a few things that we want to do that aren't on Disney so here they are:

Hot Air Balloon Ride (this only takes up a morning so can go to a disny park in the afternoon)
Kennedy Space Centre

Definately stay ON site :yay: You will both love it and will be sooo glad you did! It's an experience in its self and you've got to try it at least once. You can get some really good deals for the all stars / pop resorts :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see what you get upto in miami - take lots of pics! I'm so jealous of the harry potter world at universal - take lots of photos of that too :laughing: Sea World is lovely, did you go on your previous trips? Busch Gardens is good, you'll love it because you like the big rides where as they scare me to death :lmao:

downtown disney we have stayed at the regal sun resort it was ok, but it is like right across the street from downtown disney it was really nice.. to be that close only bad part was there was never anyparking if you like to dine other places.. cheap too you can get a room on advance purchase for like 69-79 night in oct...

Off site :
we have the Quality Inn Internation, this is cheaper than the disney hotel but its not disney

Kennedy Space Centre

ok you live in the uk so flying and renting a car, how about this do disney for 6 night/7 days you dont need a car for that time if you stay on disney they will pick you up from airport and drop you back to rent a car for the next part of your trip.. stay at the pop century less kids or at one of the mod. price ones with the normal dinning package unless you are going to do 2 table service meals a day you will not need the deluxe. you can book it now and place a hold on vacation for like 200 american not having to pay till 45 days out. dont worry about the price yet because they normally offer some kind of discount. just want to hold your spot and you can always make changes. if you stay at unverisal hotels you get free vip fastpass for unverisal. ok thats all i can think of for now.

Definately stay ON site :yay: You will both love it and will be sooo glad you did! It's an experience in its self and you've got to try it at least once. You can get some really good deals for the all stars / pop resorts :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see what you get upto in miami - take lots of pics! I'm so jealous of the harry potter world at universal - take lots of photos of that too :laughing: Sea World is lovely, did you go on your previous trips? Busch Gardens is good, you'll love it because you like the big rides where as they scare me to death :lmao:

Well I am hoping to stay on Disney & James seems to like the look of the hotels so fingers crossed we will be staying on site for the experenice this time.

Going to do a tour in miami & shopping, trust me lots of photo's will be taken I have been looking into it loads. One of the reasons we are going so late is so that I can go & see the harry potter land. I have been to seaworld on my last trips & loved it there, want to go on Manta when we go back. I'm still in 2 minds about Busch Gardens as I have heard mixed reviews about it.

Happy 2010 all

So its now 2010 which means we are going back to Disney this year :goodvibes after lots of talking the last few weeks we have changed a few things & taken in some info. We are cutting our holiday down by 2 days from 16 days to 14 days one reason for this is the cost & that we really want to stay on disney hotel & we have more chance of staying & affording a disney hotel if we stay for just 14 days rather than 16.

We have deceiced not to go to Busch Gardens as we would rather take our trip down to miami & do a few other bits unless anyone can tell me what it is like there as we have never been.

We finally have a date when we are going to book this aswell roll on the 1st feb which is also my birthday I really can't wait to have it all booked & let you all know what we have done :)

So glad we found each other's trip reports!we'll be there during the same time! We stayed at POP this December and we liked it--so we're going to stay there again this time. GenevaClaire likes familiarity so it will be a plus for her :)
We didn't go off Disney resorts last year but I'd love to see the Harry potter stuff at Universal, we'll have to see if we can do it this time!
Cinderella's royal table is fantastic! We had breakfast there and it was fantastic (I'm working on my trip report but I'll let you know when I get the pics of Cinderella's Royal table up) We're planning on doing breakfast again, if the ADR fairies are on my side again this Spring, lol.

Veronica

Hi, just joining in! I am waiting along with you. We are going in September for our Honeymoon!!! I love your bride's mickey ears. I gotta get those.

My "fiance" and I have been together for 11 years, we have 3 daughters together and we are finally getting married :goodvibes Having so much fun planning that and a Disney trip!!!

Veronica - We are going to be arriving within days of each other, I have never stayed on site & it has taken me a while to get hubby used to the idea but he has now come round to it, I have heard good reports about POP so thought that is more within our budget so we will stay there. I do usually go to the other parks as my hubby can't stand 100% Disney & I actually pushed the holiday back a bit to make sure the Harry Potter World would be open for when we went out there as I am huge Harry Potter Fan. I can't wait to see your pictures from Cinderella's royal table we have never been & hubby has promised to take me this time :)

3princesses+aprince - Me & my Hubby went to disney for our honeymoon back in 2008 we had the best time of our lives out there, make sure when you get there to tell them you are on honeymoon so that you get the honeymoon badges to wear around the parks. I loved planning the wedding & our disney trip, when we got back we wanted to go back straight away & its taken us two years to make that possible

Has anyone ever done Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival that could tell me what it's like & if I need to buy special tickets for it or anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter