Bad Experience

Are you guys actually saying that Disney lied to the OP just to get him to go away? Geez, that just makes me feel worse about the company.

Personally, I think we DISers have been ingracious here. The OP came to commisserate about his experience and solicit tips from others. He probably wanted to find reason to feel better about his ownership after a less than stellar stay. Instead, he gets his character impugned and accused of being one of those lazy, problem people who cheat others. If he didn't care about the next guest, he wouldn't have bothered reporting the problems at all. He just would have badmouthed the resort (or DVC) and chosen never to stay there again.

Since I'm a person who needs a HA room with roll-in shower, you can wager that I will probably end up in that room one day. And I'll be half-dreading the experience for fear what I'll find. If there are problems Disney hasn't addressed, I may find myself being forced to live with it. I can't just go to another room. I can call Maintenance but it the shower seat is worn or there are layers of grease on the fridge and the counter is pockmarked with cigarette burns (all things requiring equipment/furniture replacements), then you can bet I'll have to live with it. Will you diss me when I report that I chose to stay instead of move to a non HA so I in fact submitted to the bad accommodations?:scared1:
Lied is such a harsh word, Dumbo's choice of patronize is likely better. More likely is they used generic language such as "we've check the issue out and agree we could have done much better. We apologize and will instruct our cleaning staff so they can do better in the future. We will see that room is definitely taken care of. We trust your next stay will be far more enjoyable, please contact us if there are any problems on your next stay."

As one who has taken the underdog's side on this board, including recently, I do not believe the OP was treated harshly or inappropriately. They posted information and used words like horrendous yet didn't contact anyone at the time. They received two main type of negative comments. That they should have contacted management at the time and the OP agreed that they indeed should have done just that. The other that if the room was as bad as they said, they would not have waited. That one seems obvious to me as well. The only truly negative posts I recall were in response to the OP defensiveness and own negative posts.

Once (funny story alert), when we stayed at our first timeshare (Marriott's Cypress Harbour), my mom settled into the big whirlpool tub and was disappointed the jets didn't work. So the next morning she called down to Maintenance and we headed out to Disney for the day. When we got back around 11pm there was a note on the counter: "Tested water jets on tub. Working perfectly. Note: must fill tub to water line limit to use." She then noticed the line, filled the tub, climbed in and nearly got blown out of the tub with the power of those jets. I'll say they were working. :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG! That is so funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter