Bad Experience

Since I started this thread I am going to attempt to end it. (at least for me). I thought this was a friendly community and I think for the most part it is, but there are certainly a lot of vindictive people out there that just like to fan the flames. For everyone's information I have received an apology from DVC as they inspected the room yesterday after receiving my e-mail and concurred the kitchen area was filthy, and they assured me it will never happen again. That is all I wanted and I am satisfied. For those who baited me and put words in my mouth and you know who you are, I think you need to assess your behavior on these boards especially those who act as moderators.

OK, that makes me feel a lot better about DVC as a company investor.

ronniereb, your original post did strike me with a bit of trepidation about the company. I've owned Marriott timeshares for several years know and just purchased DVC last May. I'm well versed in how Marriott solicits my resort review and addresses problems. So I've grown to expect what you wanted... some acknolwedgement and believable pledge to correct the situation.

You're not the first one to report problems with BCV or BWV rooms. Something is clearly not working right with mousekeeping there. At least it sounds like DVC is recognizing the problem better.

As I may be using that room (since I must use a HC room for the roll-in shower), I may be finding out how well they deal with the situation. Either way, I appreciate you taking the time to call them on it. It may make my next trip there a more pleasant one.

Since I started this thread I am going to attempt to end it. (at least for me). I thought this was a friendly community and I think for the most part it is, but there are certainly a lot of vindictive people out there that just like to fan the flames. For everyone's information I have received an apology from DVC as they inspected the room yesterday after receiving my e-mail and concurred the kitchen area was filthy, and they assured me it will never happen again. That is all I wanted and I am satisfied. For those who baited me and put words in my mouth and you know who you are, I think you need to assess your behavior on these boards especially those who act as moderators.

I have always found Chuck to be a very fair man. How dare he use your own words against you.:lmao: The guy also VOLUNTEERS his time to do this stuff.
Give him a break. Geeze and I'm the one being hit with point fines here on the Dis.:confused3

I'm gald it was resolved. I have one question for you: They were able to inspect the room? Haven't you been home, posted this thread replied for a day or so? That room is still dirty?

I defended you in the beginning but you lost my support now. This doesn't add up.:teacher:

I have always found Chuck to be a very fair man. How dare he use your own words against you.:lmao: The guy also VOLUNTEERS his time to do this stuff.
Give him a break. Geeze and I'm the one being hit with point fines here on the Dis.:confused3

I'm gald it was resolved. I have one question for you: They were able to inspect the room? Haven't you been home, posted this thread replied for a day or so? That room is still dirty?

I defended you in the beginning but you lost my support now. This doesn't add up.:teacher:

I don't care if you support me or not, I am telling you that fridge was beyond being cleaned, there had to have been months worth of grime on there so I doubt it is clean now. Believe what you want, I shared the room number with someone else via PM and low and behold they had the same issues with the same room. DVC did acknowledge the issue to me and told me it would be addressed. I'm done.

Go back to the Disney Vacation Club page, Click on one of the moderator names, then private message her/him asking to have the thread ended or removed... If you wish.

Go back to the Disney Vacation Club page, Click on one of the moderator names, then private message her/him asking to have the thread ended or removed... If you wish.

I think the OP should not have to silenced. He had a rotten experience, too bad if not everyone believes him. Disney reads these boards and may actually address issues by hearing about them in any manner possible.

I think the OP should not have to silenced. He had a rotten experience, too bad if not everyone believes him. Disney reads these boards and may actually address issues by hearing about them in any manner possible.

I really don't think the problem anyone is having is that he is not being believed. I believe him, and he has acknowledged that it should have been dealt with immediately. Luckily (I guess), the room was still filthy and DVC was able to fix the problem. Which is kind of sad, what has happened to quality control

Lake, I think you misread the post you replied to above. The above post is directed to the OP who said they were done with this thread. No one is trying to silence them, no one.

Re-read and see what you think.

-Tony

Don't jump on me... :confused3 I've just been watching. popcorn::

OP said he wanted to end the thread so I suggested a way to do it. :teacher:

I think OP can speak for himself.

You are correct, sorry about that. It also was the housekkeping manager who was the most competent in correcting and tryng to repair the vacation. He even got us some fast passes since he clearly saw that what was being lost was our time and they couldn't be given back in dollars. He was great and I did commend him when I wrote about the trip.

This is a part of the problem I think. Allowing someone else to control the enjoyment of your vacation. Why would the housekeeping or maintenance staff be given that power?

It's is obvious though, they many do allow others to either make, or break, their vacation.

Then there are the folks who have full control of their vacation, and will allow nothing to negatively impact them. I think I know who has the better time and who won't be selling their ownership in DVC, nor asking for compensation for minor room inconveniences.

Don't jump on me... :confused3 I've just been watching. popcorn::

OP said he wanted to end the thread so I suggested a way to do it. :teacher:

I think OP can speak for himself.

I wasn't suggesting your motives were anything but pure and for his benefit but he said he was done. His experience however should be shared, it is important so that these continuing problems are resolved.

This is a part of the problem I think. Allowing someone else to control the enjoyment of your vacation. Why would the housekeeping or maintenance staff be given that power?

It's is obvious though, they many do allow others to either make, or break, their vacation.

Then there are the folks who have full control of their vacation, and will allow nothing to negatively impact them. I think I know who has the better time and who won't be selling their ownership in DVC, nor asking for compensation for minor room inconveniences.

Again these were not minor, nor did management think they were minor. Disney does not compensate for minor inconveniences. You were not there so really, how dare you say anyones accomodations are acceptable no matter how dirty or in disrepair?

I hope you never have the lack of hot water problem we had because it took alot more than three hours to address the problem. I totally believe Lake Ariel on this one. We had three different maintenance people come to the room and try to prove to us the water was really only luke warm and if we ran it for 15 minutes it would get hot, which it didn't but we none the less had to be there to prove our case. Was told several times some one would come to the room and we must be there to show them the problem. well twice no one came. I finally went to see the manager of the hotel and had to wait in the lobby 35 minutes for him to show. he said he would get head of maintenace to talk to us. Of course he was over at the beach club and if we would wait a few minutes he would address the situation. Guy showedup about 45 minutes later and went up to our room and said yup no hot water. I will have some one out to fix it. Next day still no hot water and no sign anyone had been in the room. At this point I demanded to have another room for my family but was told none was available and they were very sorry but they had been working on the pipes in this area and could not find the problem.
My family was only joining our group for 5days in the one bedroom unit and we had now suffered thru three days of lost vacation time and the prospect of no hot water for bathing or cooking for the rest of the trip.

The manager of the hotel said he could only authorize 2 comp nites for the future and a dinner. Now I ask you, if you had paid cash for this room of over $400 per night and were told you would have to live with only two comp nites would you have felt it was fair. If any hotel did that to me I would have moved out and fought any charges on my American Express card. My family deserved to have the entire time refunded as they did not get a vacation

So thinking you can take it to a higher authority is wishful thinking and I hope it doesn't happen to you. I never ask for comp time but then I have traveled all over the world on business and have only experienced this problem in third world countries. I'm still mad about this because I wanted the best for my family and while everyone elses accomodations were satisfactory they got the shaft.

They knew they had pipe problems they should have offered some other accomodations while they were there. Not everyone will buy airfare to get only two nights . I felt so bad I'm renting points for three more days so they will use their two free nites. This is not to scare anyone as most of my villas have been good with minor issues. As for the OP don't be sensitive to what others say on this board. We are here to share experiences and hopefully knowledge. If someone doesn't agree with you so what. People reading your comments will listen to the debate and make up their own minds. Some people have been fortunate and have their issues addressed promptly so they don't see a problem while others have experienced the dark side of disney and there is one.

We just got back from a quick 4 day trip and our first stay at SSR. We took a different room because ours wasn't ready so we were happy just to get something early (got there at 9:30 am). We unpacked and went to the spa. It was DH, me, DS25 and DS15. I wanted to go to the member gathering at BW so we went back, showered and changed. I looked under the bathroom sink cabinet and the whole thing was one big blob of mold. I called maintenance and they got there rather quickly. All he could say was WOW. We had to move to another room because there was a major leak and they had to tear out the wall. By the time we moved and got the bus I made it to the last 3 minutes of the meeting/show.

Again these were not minor, nor did management think they were minor. Disney does not compensate for minor inconveniences. You were not there so really, how dare you say anyones accomodations are acceptable no matter how dirty or in disrepair?

From what you describe as your issues, they are definitely minor. But that's part of the bigger issue I think. Some folks allow a damp carpet to ruin their vacation to the point of demanding (and receiving) comped rooms and meals for things that don't seem very important. Certainly not important enough to ruin an enitre vacation, nor to rely on a WDW housekeeping or maintenance person to salvage the vacation.

Hopefully, next time you find yourself on the phone for more than 5 minutes, you'll hang the phone up and go the front desk.

I just wanted to confirm that in October we stayed in the room that the OP described. The frig did look bad--I thought it was rust coming through but it may well have been hardened grease. The HA shower also looked like it was time to do some maintenance. The shower seat was very discolored making it look unclean, though I suspect it is probably not possible to get it looking very good. It was just old. This smoking room was initially assigned to our guests, so we switched rooms with them because we felt bad about it. The resort was full (F & W) and we elected not to move when another room finally became available, since we hate moving during vacation. I am sorry to hear that it has been 3 months and the room is still not up to standard. I hope that the OP's note to management will get some action. I admit that I also was very disappointed when I saw this room. We had not had this problem before and I am happy to say that our rooms in Dec. were fine.
I am actually happy that the OP took the time to write an e-mail. Obviously our comments to staff in October did not help.

From what you describe as your issues, they are definitely minor. But that's part of the bigger issue I think. Some folks allow a damp carpet to ruin their vacation to the point of demanding (and receiving) comped rooms and meals for things that don't seem very important. Certainly not important enough to ruin an enitre vacation, nor to rely on a WDW housekeeping or maintenance person to salvage the vacation.

Hopefully, next time you find yourself on the phone for more than 5 minutes, you'll hang the phone up and go the front desk.

Just so you cannot continue to give the impression it was only a damp carpet I will repeat again. The rug was soaked, they had just washed it and failed to extract the water. The balcony doors opened by themselves! They were off the molding we later learned..This when we came in at midnight and they were wide open. I know I should have shlepped down to the desk again but I just wanted to be lazy and demanding by using the phone in our deluxe one bedroom. The HA shower floor had sunk so that when you showered the whole bathroom floor flooded. Minor? Nice that you have such low expectations! Have a nice day.

I don't care if you support me or not, I am telling you that fridge was beyond being cleaned, there had to have been months worth of grime on there so I doubt it is clean now. Believe what you want, I shared the room number with someone else via PM and low and behold they had the same issues with the same room. DVC did acknowledge the issue to me and told me it would be addressed. I'm done.

It isn't that I doubt your intial report. I belive those issue did in fact exist. Where you are losing me is that it seems DVC was able to inspect that room and the problems still exist. It is one thing to miss a room or something initially but to have the problems still there days after you left.:confused3

I guess I'm hoping DVC is not that inept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter