Ban Wagon - 2010

:sad:

I'd offer to help keep you on the wagon, but I won't be up there.

So I'll try to not point out the sizzix sales or clearances. That's about the best I can do.

Unless of course you need me to distract BAMB and Nan. :thumbsup2 Hey Gals, look, it's Mickey!
:rolleyes1

So I'll try to not point out the sizzix sales or clearances. That's about the best I can do.

Unless of course you need me to distract BAMB and Nan. :thumbsup2 Hey Gals, look, it's Mickey!

Can you please distract them on sizzix sales!!!!
Sssssshhhhh
I love my sizzix!
And Jennifer those sizzix folders I bought at rhons jo's were
f.I.v.e. Bucks!!!

Can you please distract them on sizzix sales!!!!
Sssssshhhhh
I love my sizzix!
And Jennifer those sizzix folders I bought at rhons jo's were
f.I.v.e. Bucks!!!

Ix-nay on the Izzix-Say!

I will keep below my budget, even on embossing folders! I will!

I'm not in denial! Or De' Nile! I just am putting all my money aside for Disney, so I won't have any for shopping on Friday.

But wait ladies!!!!! A shopping trip on Friday?? Doesn't the thread title say Scrapping Ban 2010? Is there a New Year's time delay at the other end of the state??????:lmao: Have to admit I am so glad that 60 miles separates us - I would be right there with you all!!!:rotfl2:

Ok I Am so in for this. I have got to stick to it
if I want to go to Disney this summer. I need a partner
to staple my bum to the wagon if I'm about to fall off!!
Any takers??

Oh, I will so sit on the other side of BAMB and hold you in! YOU NEED DISNEY! YOU MUST GO TO DISNEY! Bubba called last night and told me... "Auntie Nan, mommy needs to take me to Disney and she can bring Dad if she wants to!".... I told him never fear, Auntie Nan would take her checkbook and credit cards away so he could go.. Don't let me down!

Uh, me!! Hello! I won't let you buy any sizzix stuff, paper, etc! You are wedged on the front seat of the buckboard between Nancy and me!!

You can do it Caroline!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Amen! You tell her sista!!!

Hey girl, don't make me drive over there and chase you through those cornfields!!!

But wait ladies!!!!! A shopping trip on Friday?? Doesn't the thread title say Scrapping Ban 2010? Is there a New Year's time delay at the other end of the state??????:lmao: Have to admit I am so glad that 60 miles separates us - I would be right there with you all!!!:rotfl2:

I was gonna ask the same thing.. I thought Friday was the first official day of the New Year.. My bad.. must start on Saturday!:rotfl2::rotfl::confused3

Just got an email.. and since prints don't count..
Winkflash... til 1/11..
4 x 6 5 cents
5 x7 10 cents

I plan on ordering a bunch tomorrow to celebrate the new year!!

Oh, I got my eye on you, trouble maker!!

I'm not in denial! Or De' Nile! I just am putting all my money aside for Disney, so I won't have any for shopping on Friday.

DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't go you can't meet me, DH and DS13!!!!!

Yup, he called me right up... poor little guy so disappointed that he didn't get his own phone!!! I told him that Bear doesn't have a phone..so Bubba can't have a phone!
That should buy us some time!

Our LSS just announced a 50-75% off sale starting Friday at 10 a.m. I *was* flirting with the idea of going with Z2H - to spend only up to the $8 left in my scrappy crap envelope -

But, I am not going (thus, neither is she). Too much else to do - and, there's this little "Ban Wagon" thing...:rolleyes1 I am going to go to a friend's NYD open house instead. (Will make a pack of greeting cards as a hostess gift - net cost = 0.)

We too, are saving for a very splurgy summer 2010 Disney trip/cruise - have 63% of our needed amount saved as of today. Gotta make sure the progress continues...:yay:

I'll be good.

I'm going to a two day crop at Archivers and I plan on spending $0 while I am there. :thumbsup2

Unless of course there is some awesome paper on sale that I need to finish a layout or somthing. :rolleyes1

Our LSS just announced a 50-75% off sale starting Friday at 10 a.m. I *was* flirting with the idea of going with Z2H - to spend only up to the $8 left in my scrappy crap envelope -

But, I am not going (thus, neither is she). Too much else to do - and, there's this little "Ban Wagon" thing...:rolleyes1 I am going to go to a friend's NYD open house instead. (Will make a pack of greeting cards as a hostess gift - net cost = 0.)

We too, are saving for a very splurgy summer 2010 Disney trip/cruise - have 63% of our needed amount saved as of today. Gotta make sure the progress continues...:yay:

Good for you!!! Let's use that stash!!!

Okay, I've got a list of goals a mile long, but here are my spending goals for this thread.

This is a tough one. I don't want to set a goal that I know I can't attain, but I really need to pay down my debt, so I can't go hog wild like I would like to every week. I am going to set an amount of $40 per month on supplies. However, I will really try my hardest to keep it below this. Everything must be bought on sale or with a coupon (which is what I usually do anyhow). And, I must think two or three times before buying something - "Do I need this? Will I use this? Can I live without this?"

Any Cricut carts must be $35 or less.

AVOID clearance sales unless it is part of my monthly budget.

My monthly budget will not include adhesive or photo printing (but I shouldn't need either for at least a few months) or crop fees, which Holly doesn't allow me to pay anyway :rolleyes1.

My monthly budget, however, will include any SVG files that I can't live without!

I may need to make some purchases as far as organization products. I will shop sales though!

Coupons! Cut out and USE coupons at the grocery store!

Eating out - Limit to once a week and this includes McDonald's and other take out. There is no need for my family to be eating out several times a week. No more lunches out on my days off either. This will help with the weight goals too!

Pay off debt! Do not use credit cards, keep paying down. If you don't have the cash for it, you don't neeeeeeeeeed it!

I hopping on so make some room for my behind please. Holly please share the stapler.

Do I have to count the stuff I con mom into buying for me????

My goals do not include Photo printing but they will only be printed at 10 cents or less or adhesive.
CKC Manchester Days will now depend on the work schedule, mom is paying for the hotel as my bday present as for spending that will have to be assesed as time gets closer.
I am excluding 1 stamping up order all others will be kept under the monthly goal of 40.00.
I am alowing 3 bigger crops for the year all others will come out of monthly spending.
everything purchased will have a coupon. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO PAPER PURCHASED unless it's plain which shouldn't be till at least June.
I'm sure that there is more but.......
Okay ladies please try to hold me on I'm afraid now that I have money coming in I'm going to go nutty.

I'm joining the ban wagon too. This will be really hard since I work at Michaels and it's really hard to avoid all those goodies in front of me everyday! But, I will be STRONG and have WILLPOWER!!!!!!!

DH says I shouldn't spend any $$ until I use 1/2 my stash, but I think that's a bit extreme so I'll just set goals that I'll stick with.

My 2010 Ban Wagon goals:

** I will not spend more than $30 a month on scrappy stuff. This includes adhesive, paper, embellishments, cutting mats, but not prints. But, I still have the $$ I was given for Christmas so I can spend that anyway I want without guilt. I have $150 cash and a $50 Visa gift card. Some of this I'll spend at Disney next week, but what's left is "play" money.

** I may spend an additional $30 (so that would be $60) during my birthday month (February)

** I may buy 3 Cricut cartridges this year. This does not include what I get with my $100 Gypsy credit on Cricut.com.

** I must use as much as I can from stash I already own and swap pieces I have

** I will utilize coupons more for grocery shopping

** We will eat out no more than twice a week (we usually get pizza one night and then this gives us a chance to actually go to a restaurant as well)

I may add more goals as I think of them.

SAY IT ISN'T SOOOOO I'll be falling off by mid march. Holly hope you bought extra long staples!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually suggest and she buys.

okay I'm going to need to do some editing. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Let's see 6 carts but only under 30 each over the course of the year since she buys them......
I will limit the other stamping up order that she pays for to 100.00.

Yes I'm spoiled and I admit it. and as for the CM orders wellllll I'll be good there although I just got a big one so I'm set there for a bit.

Maybe we'd better get me the 12" spiral spikes and some adhesive.

You can adjust your spending every month. My current list is just for January.

It's not realistic to not spend any money all year. But the Ban wagon is more of a tool to make wise purchases and to reduce the impulse spending.
With Cricut carts, you have to justify the purchase. Like I will buy destinations at some point but I have 3 or 4 disney trips I'm doing this year and it will be used. I love the heritage cart but I will probably hold off since I'm not working on any vintage photos right now.

I can't stop your mom from buying stuff for you, that's what mom's do. But don't deflect your spending habits on to her because you can't spend.

It's all about shopping smarter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter