~BC or YC??? Is one really better then the other?..Pro's and Con's to both

YC Cons
-no QS and unless they've added a station to the gift shop, there's no mug refill inside the resort...have to walk over to BC Marketplace
-...hard to come up with many cons!

Actually, there is a small lounge right off the lobby: Ale & Compass lounge (to the left of Captain's Grill). They sell & refill mugs there. Not sure of hours, but I remember seeing folks sitting around there most of the day. They have small continental type breakfast items in the AM. I have gotten coffee, tea & soft drink refills there.

We really enjoy the YC for the full balconies, awesome staff, great mousekeeping, relaxing lobby and the quick breakfast at Ale & Compass. We prefer continental breakfast offerings, so this suited us just fine. Sometimes the line looked long but it always went fast.

The last time we were there, there was a convention going on but that didn't take anything away from our stay. In fact, it was better because the hotel rooms were full of people who were working during the day and we had our choice of places to sit at the pool!

Our last room was overlooking the gazebo and this was a great location.

With all that being said, we are staying at the BCV in a studio for a portion of our next trip! :) I got a 30% off pin and the studio was $900 for 3 nights with the discount. I rented points from a longtime Diser and the cost is $460. A great deal!

Good luck with your planning!

We stayed there years ago so my feelings are dated. But we prefer the BC.

We found the staff at the YC to be rushed and not terribly friendly- yet professional (more regular hotel behavior vs. disney magic behavior:rotfl2:) It seemed less family friendly but that could have been the vibe of the crowd that was at the hotel at the time(a convention) The rooms were dark. Too dark for my taste.

We prefer the BC_ close to EPCOT! So very close! and yes those extra steps after a day in the park make a big difference. It's brighter. Feels more Disney to me. Kid friendly. In fact I want to go back. I just got my dvd in the mail today. Can't wait to watch it.

Actually, there is a small lounge right off the lobby: Ale & Compass lounge (to the left of Captain's Grill). They sell & refill mugs there. Not sure of hours, but I remember seeing folks sitting around there most of the day. They have small continental type breakfast items in the AM. I have gotten coffee, tea & soft drink refills there.

I imagine this is like the Bellevue Room at the BWI...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter