Be Our Guest during MVMCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wait however long it takes. Ideally not more than a few minutes but as others have said it can be longer. And it is a slow meal. Plan on 90 minutes at least

Hmm. That answer is not as helpful as you might think. I’m actually hoping that someone who has had a reservation for BOG around the same time as mine would be able to give me a slightly more specific answer than “you wait however long it takes”, based upon their personal experience. Thanks!

What somebody experienced last year - or even last night - has no bearing on what someone will experience tonight, or next week, or anytime.

Well, just to add to my earlier post. When I said I had to wait an hour and a half last year with my 6:10 pm reservation (and that's with arriving 15 minutes early) to the podium, let me just clarify that this wasn't like XMAS week or anything. I always plan my holiday trips to Disney during the first 2 weeks of December, so it was during that period I had that insane wait to be seated and this was for a party of 1!!!! I repeat, a party of 1, who arrived on time, during the supposedly better first couple of weeks of the month, still had to wait an hour and a half to be seated for a 6:10 reservation on a Tuesday in Magic Kingdom and I just checked it was on December 4th of last year.

What somebody experienced last year - or even last night - has no bearing on what someone will experience tonight, or next week, or anytime.

I wouldn't say it has "no" bearing. If that was true, then you might as well do no research on anything and never read anybody's reviews on a product or experience ever since you could use that same logic.

I mean, of course, every time can and will be "different" and things are always changing and no 2 seasons are ever the same. But I still consider it worthwhile to listen to a multitude of experiences and reviews on something so that I may consider all the vast possibilities on what may happen.

I mean, I have been dining in Disney 10-15 days about ever other year since 2005 and I have gone during various times of the year from Winter Break in February, late August, and many non-holiday times in April, May, June, January, and December and I have NEVER had anything close to a wait that I had last year for Be Our Guest on party night and I eat 3 sit-downs a day on my trips.

Does that mean it happens all the time? Does that mean it's a fluke? Who knows. I think it's important for everyone to simply have all the information they can gather from past experiences so that they can make an informed decision when planning their night, that's all. It's smart to have a contingency plan where you account for all possibilities.

Yes for sure you will. This thread makes we worry a small bit about our 5:45pm, but really I still think it should be fine, esp if we show up 15 min early.
With an ADR for 4:50 on a MVMCP night, how long should I expect to wait in line to get in? I really want to be done in time to enjoy the beginning of the party and the idea of waiting an hour or more in line to be seated for dinner is not appealing. If I’m hoping to actually be seated close to my actual ADR time, how early do I need to get in line?

BoG is the only TS where I've seen people being told they are too early for their ADR and to come back within 5 min of said ADR, so getting there early will possibly be of no help at all. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try it, but be ready for that answer when you get to the little check-in hut.

Well now I feel stupid for asking a question at all. Oh well. Guess I’ll go back to blind planning. :scared:
"past performance is no guarantee of future results" is not limited to investment firms. You've seen one poster who had a 90 minute wait before being seated. Unless the conditions at BLT the night you visit are identical to the conditions on 12/4/18, you will get different results.
wouldn't say it has "no" bearing. If that was true, then you might as well do no research on anything and never read anybody's reviews on a product or experience ever since you could use that same logic.
I disagree. Timing is completely different from food, taste, service, how well a phone works...

BoG is the only TS where I've seen people being told they are too early for their ADR and to come back within 5 min of said ADR, so getting there early will possibly be of no help at all. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try it, but be ready for that answer when you get to the little check-in hut.
Oh that’s good to know! Thanks so much for the heads up!

"past performance is no guarantee of future results" is not limited to investment firms. You've seen one poster who had a 90 minute wait before being seated. Unless the conditions at BLT the night you visit are identical to the conditions on 12/4/18, you will get different results.

I disagree. Timing is completely different from food, taste, service, how well a phone works...
Ok, I’m having a hard time understanding why exactly I’m getting so many hostile responses to a simple question. If it really is only one poster who has experienced a very long wait for BOG before MVMCP, then asking this question should reveal that (if the people who answered were actually answering the question from their personal experience in a similar situation). I’m not expecting every single experience to be the exact same as my future one. I’m just trying to get a general sense. I’m not a complete idiot, so I know that each day/time/date will have different results. But if several people have experienced very long waits during the early dinner times before MVMCP, then that would indicate that it’s a decent chance that the same would occur for me. If it happens more often around 6, but no one has that experience at 4 or 5, it doesn’t mean it won’t happen for me, but there’s a decent chance that it would be fine to use a FP for 4 and then get in line for BOG without thinking that I might have just doomed my family to a 90 minute wait because we didn’t line up early enough.
The poster who said that BOG has turned people away who have lined up too early was actually very helpful. That’s information I can use. But the people who are jumping on me to tell me that I can’t expect to get any help from other poster’s experiences are not remotely helpful. Honestly, if that’s how you feel, why even be on here? Opinions about food, service, etc are actually more subjective and therefore less reliable, not more than actual experiences with times. Those are facts, not opinions.
I respect all of your experience and knowledge, but if you don’t have an actual, applicable experience that pertains to my question, maybe you should not bother posting if all you’re going to say is stuff like “you wait as long as you wait” what someone has experienced last night has no bearing on what you experience”. Not only do I (and most likely a lot of other people) come to this forum to see IF and HOW other people’s experiences MAY have bearing on my experience, I HAVE had many other posters’ sharing of their experiences help me in regards to what to expect.
I’m not expecting a hard and fast, solid minute count of exact wait times. I was just hoping for a general idea of what I MIGHT expect.
Thanks so much to the people who have answered nicely with their answers based on their experience. To the rest of you, thanks for reminding me why I only read posts instead of posting questions myself.
Happy Planning everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter