Beach or Yacht?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
This year we stayed at the Contemporary. We’re planning our Fall 2022 vacation and my dh would like to avoid the Ticket and Transportation Center. I was thinking Beach or Yacht Club. Thought? We’re a family of 5.

It really depends on the type of atmosphere you are looking for - YC always seems quieter to me, you will have a full balcony or patio and you are closer to the boat dock. BC is livelier and is closer to the EP and Skyliner entrance - you will not be guaranteed a full balcony.

It really depends on the type of atmosphere you are looking for - YC always seems quieter to me, you will have a full balcony or patio and you are closer to the boat dock. BC is livelier and is closer to the EP and Skyliner entrance - you will not be guaranteed a full balcony.

Thank you! Do you know which has been renovated the most recently?

This year we stayed at the Contemporary. We’re planning our Fall 2022 vacation and my dh would like to avoid the Ticket and Transportation Center. I was thinking Beach or Yacht Club. Thought? We’re a family of 5.
I prefer Yacht. The rooms were updated in the last 5 years (i.e. no carpet, barn door on the outer bathroom, newer furniture). Beach Club still has carpet. Balconies for every room at Yacht, not for Beach. Beach, in theory, has a better quick service, but not by much. Beach is closer to Epcot. Yacht is closer to HS.

We love the Yacht Club rooms ! They are updated and have a fifth sleeper . We stayed first floor by the quiet pool . You could walk out our patio to the Admiral pool . It felt like we had our own pool and hot tub . The kids could go there while we got ready. They are 15 year old twins btw . Laundry is there also . We could get pool towels when we were out and then drop the dirty ones off in the return . So convenient. I think we were in room 1082 . We are requesting it again for this summer ! It was our best trip yet !

In the past, YC had more conventions, so it gave off a business vibe. I don't think that is an issue now because of COVID. Also I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but certain sections of YC allow dogs. Don't know if that will bother you or not.

We've stayed at both, don't think you can go wrong.

We love the Yacht Club rooms ! They are updated and have a fifth sleeper . We stayed first floor by the quiet pool . You could walk out our patio to the Admiral pool . It felt like we had our own pool and hot tub . The kids could go there while we got ready. They are 15 year old twins btw . Laundry is there also . We could get pool towels when we were out and then drop the dirty ones off in the return . So convenient. I think we were in room 1082 . We are requesting it again for this summer ! It was our best trip yet !

How do you request rooms?

You really can't go wrong with either. My family prefers the vibe of the Beach Club more, but we like the renovated rooms at the Yacht Club better. We stayed at the Beach Club for a week in August and while our room was very clean, we thought it could use some updating. The closet at the Yacht Club provides so much storage space and we found the storage space at the Beach Club lacking. We decided that we will stay at the Yacht Club until the Beach Club gets renovated.

Also I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but certain sections of YC allow dogs.
Yup.

How do you request rooms?
Call 407-W-DISNEY and ask them to add the request to your reservation. Or, pay for a Touring Plans subscription; they have a service where they email your request to the hotel.

Some Yacht Club rooms have showers only (no bathtubs) so if a bathtub is important you would want to add that to your room request and hope for the best.

Yacht Club, water view. YC was our second favorite resort (after Poly) even before the renovations (when you practically had to step in the tub to close the door bathroom door). The renovations were all upgrades, IMHO.

Be warned, either YC or BC rooms will be smaller than the CR room you stayed in last year. The CR and Poly are the oldest resorts with the largest room size.

The Yacht Club renovations are really nice. We haven't stayed on the Beach Club side since those rooms always ended up costing a bit more than Yacht Club. We figured save some money and still enjoy the same amenities. To avoid the pet rooms, we do call the resort directly to request a room not in that section. We let the resort know our daughters are highly allergic to dogs and we have not been placed in that section.

We love YC. We have a big trip in December 2022 planned and will be doing all 8 nights there. The rooms have a more sophisticated feel and the resort seems quieter to me. BC is great as well. We will staying there for MLK weekend. The room decor is fine but I prefer the look of the YC rooms. I don’t think you can go wrong with either!

I enjoy both, but my preference is for the Beach Club. There is no bad choice between them.

If not staying at BCV (meaning we are not renting points), I actually prefer Yacht club. Rooms appear cleaner and newer. But really you are splitting hairs...

BC closer to Epcot....YC closer to Studios.

Our main concerns are 1. the amazing pool 2. Walking distance to both parks. So whichever is cheaper at the time of booking.

Love the DVC room at the BCV, but at the same time find the YC is closer to the part of Stormalong Bay I was to be in.

YC and BC are my go to resort. I prefer YC because there is no worrying about getting a room with a balcony and I feel that it is the more quiet of the two. Also, the bus picks up first at YC so you usually get a seat. They are both fantastic, with YC having the edge in my opinion.

Theming is the largest difference. Book early to get the room choice that fits your preferences. We usually select water or club water in the past and were always very happy/ I would also mention the thought of looking at the Beach Club Villas options if you want a little more room for a family of 5.

I have beach booked and after reading this wondering if I should have done yacht. Both are booked up now that week, so it doesn’t matter. Hopefully we like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter