Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Great start! i was there last Feb too...and yes it was FREEZING.

Glad you didn't wait to get her oxygen! You would have waited forever!

Also love the laptop! Soooo pretty!

HI Mandy!! So nice to hear from you and to hear about how Becca is doing. I have thought of her often. I am not sure if you remember me or my husband Wayne (the 3rd disney boy here on the DIS) but we do remember you guys and I am so excited to hear all about your trip!

We are heading back to Disney in 10 days!! We are all so very excited:banana:

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Nickie

Hi Mandy... so glad you are writing your TR. And glad to hear Becca is doing better. Every so often I always think about your family.:goodvibes

So I can't wait to read more...:surfweb:

HI Mandy!! So nice to hear from you and to hear about how Becca is doing. I have thought of her often. I am not sure if you remember me or my husband Wayne (the 3rd disney boy here on the DIS) but we do remember you guys and I am so excited to hear all about your trip!

We are heading back to Disney in 10 days!! We are all so very excited:banana:

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Nickie

Yes, I remember ! For one, you sent Bic a postcard :hug: For 2, you did all of those Disney theme nights didnt you??

Becca loves her Lappy, she loves that it is Pink and that it is hers. It was last years Christmas present. That laptop was used to type all of our updates whilst in hospital, came in real handy it did :)

Mandy

Great start and love the pics! :yay: Can't wait to hear and see more. Thank you for sharing with us.

Ok then, Part One of Day One coming up.

I'm thinking about all that you went through last year...and I have started to cry even before I have read then first instalment of your TR. I have never been able to get to ours...we got back, so much going on with health issues for the boys and my mother...and our reno...and more. I hold our Wish Trip memories close and hope that some day I'll write more of it down.

If you write it...I'll be here to read it! Hugs to Becca and so good to see you back here.

Alison

I'm thinking about all that you went through last year...and I have started to cry even before I have read then first instalment of your TR. I have never been able to get to ours...we got back, so much going on with health issues for the boys and my mother...and our reno...and more. I hold our Wish Trip memories close and hope that some day I'll write more of it down.

If you write it...I'll be here to read it! Hugs to Becca and so good to see you back here.

Alison

Oh I do hope that things havent gone too awry for you! I do hope it is just that day to day stuff and kinda life things that are filling your time up.

You sound down.....shoot me a PM if you need to just yabba away and talk.

I feel as if I am just, and I do mean just, starting to come out of a fog. Since Bic came out of hospital in April/May I dont seem to have been able to get my head around doing anything other than surf and do my daily chores.
I dont work, all I have to do is look after Bic and she is no trouble.
I suppose life kinda got on top of me and I couldnt really put my mind towards doing anything constructive. It's only in the last few weeks that I have started feeling anything like myself again. I do hope it lasts :(

As I said, if you need to talk, my PM Box is always open, just ring the bell and walk right on in :)

Love
Mandy

Great start and love the pics! :yay: Can't wait to hear and see more. Thank you for sharing with us.

I have to find our itinerary for the week, I cant find it help! I didnt take notes and stupid us forgot to take pictures of the rides we went on so our itinerary is the only thing that will tell me the order of the rides we went on and jog my memory for the tings we did inbetween.

LOL......We have 3 of those 50 gallon Rubbermaid containers down in our basement full of Hospital and Disney stuff. We came home from Disney, I unpacked all the junk we got into the spare room. We finished up in hospital before I got time to go through it, I was lucky I even had laundry done:rotfl:
Came home from hospital 3 months later and unpacked from there into the spare room.
Trouble is my mum, brother and sister-in-law are coming from England for a three week visit a week and a half after we get discharged from hospital and we need the spare room :scared1:

So I did what any sane minded person would do, I put it all in really large Rubbermaid containers and hid it all in the basement and there it has stayed never to see the light of day again.
I will have to go searching for our Disney stuff tomorrow, if you dont see me for a few days it means the containers have eaten me, please send someone to rescue me.:lmao:

Love
Mandy

Oh I do hope that things havent gone too awry for you! I do hope it is just that day to day stuff and kinda life things that are filling your time up.

I feel as if I am just, and I do mean just, starting to come out of a fog. Since Bic came out of hospital in April/May I dont seem to have been able to get my head around doing anything other than surf and do my daily chores.
I suppose life kinda got on top of me and I couldnt really put my mind towards doing anything constructive. It's only in the last few weeks that I have started feeling anything like myself again. I do hope it lasts :(

As I said, if you need to talk, my PM Box is always open, just ring the bell and walk right on in :)"end quote

You are so very sweet. You are right...I am down, but it's a combination of things. We returned from our trip literally into the midst of a major renovation to make our house accessible for Mark ( we were moved while we were away!). Then my mother had a rapid onset of dementia. The boys struggled with respiratory issues (they are twins, born > 3 months early). we moved back into our house post reno. I had some challenging (volunteer) work issues. Our son is struggling with the need to develop his independence.

We spent the fall preparing for SSATs, competing for admission to private schools who it now seems are having difficulty figuring out how/whether to meet our son's needs. (This is a guy who aced those SSATs!). All of us had H1N1...but no admissions for our guys, which I think was miraculous.

And now, tomorrow, I am moving my mother to a long term care facility.

It's just been hard, hard, hard...for over a year. Nothing over the top, nothing critical like you have seen, but just waiting to catch a lucky break. I am surrounded by people who face less adversity and just have to keep my chin up...but sometimes it's so very hard. I come to these threads for encouragement.

You are so thoughful to offer your support...you have been through so mcuh this year.

I am so looking forward to my week away at "the World" with the boys!

Not to highjack Mandy's thread but.....MAN! TwinMum! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You deserve that vacation! Hope it goes alright with your mom today.

I am here and look forward to reading about whatever you remember! I am sure it is has not been an easy year and so glad you came back to say hello!

Twinmum, hugs to you too! Hope to someday hear more about your TR.

As I said, if you need to talk, my PM Box is always open, just ring the bell and walk right on in :)"end quote

You are so very sweet. You are right...I am down, but it's a combination of things. We returned from our trip literally into the midst of a major renovation to make our house accessible for Mark ( we were moved while we were away!). Then my mother had a rapid onset of dementia. The boys struggled with respiratory issues (they are twins, born > 3 months early). we moved back into our house post reno. I had some challenging (volunteer) work issues. Our son is struggling with the need to develop his independence.

We spent the fall preparing for SSATs, competing for admission to private schools who it now seems are having difficulty figuring out how/whether to meet our son's needs. (This is a guy who aced those SSATs!). All of us had H1N1...but no admissions for our guys, which I think was miraculous.

And now, tomorrow, I am moving my mother to a long term care facility.

It's just been hard, hard, hard...for over a year. Nothing over the top, nothing critical like you have seen, but just waiting to catch a lucky break. I am surrounded by people who face less adversity and just have to keep my chin up...but sometimes it's so very hard. I come to these threads for encouragement.

You are so thoughful to offer your support...you have been through so mcuh this year.

I am so looking forward to my week away at "the World" with the boys!

Boy, you have been through such a lot lately, you really need a vacation to recharge your batteries.
Why do you belittle your feelings and hardships? Your troubles are as important and as hurtful as anyone elses. Lots of smaller things are sometimes much more of a killer than one big thing. Things that happen throughout the year just carry on dragging you down to that deep horrible place and never give you a chance to recover.

We are all guilty of thinking, well I and my child/children are still better off than their child/children so I really have no reason to complain. Thats why we have places like here to go, these places keep us sane.

You really sound like you have had an horrendous year with knock after knock and no chance to recover.

Hopefully your break at Disney will give you the recharge you so sorely need.

Love
Mandy

Alison - :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mandy - Love the first installment...I can't remember if I posted that. :) I am so glad you are going to write a trip report! :)

Mandy! So glad to see you! I think of Becca and you guys often! I am so glad you are writing a TR! Looking forward to more updates.

Mandy It is so great to see you back on here! So happy to hear that Becca is doing well. Can't wait to read this great report!!

Hi Mandy! I mostly lurked last year as you were planning but I'm really excited to see that you are posting again and will be sharing your trip with us. I'm thrilled to hear that Becca is doing better. What wonderful news. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter