Becca's Wish Trip........Update:September 2011.....Photo's....Sorta :)

Hi Mandy,
I haven't been on the Pre-Trip Reports this week so I missed your post. I'm one of those happy to see that you now feel up to writing about Becca's Wish Trip! It's so good to read and know how Becca's been doing since she left the hospital last year. Tell Becca I said Hi, if she remembers me?

Hope you can find your itinerary from the trip! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! :yay::goodvibes

And now, tomorrow, I am moving my mother to a long term care facility.

It's just been hard, hard, hard...for over a year. Nothing over the top, nothing critical like you have seen, but just waiting to catch a lucky break. I am surrounded by people who face less adversity and just have to keep my chin up...but sometimes it's so very hard. I come to these threads for encouragement.

I am so looking forward to my week away at "the World" with the boys!

:hug: for you.

So I did what any sane minded person would do, I put it all in really large Rubbermaid containers and hid it all in the basement and there it has stayed never to see the light of day again.
I will have to go searching for our Disney stuff tomorrow, if you dont see me for a few days it means the containers have eaten me, please send someone to rescue me.:lmao:

I do this also, only mine have to go in the attic. DH gets so :headache: if he sees me. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get ready for company. :thumbsup2

Oh, so happy to hear from you! I wonder about Becca often! I felt so horrible that you all had to go through what you did right after your wonderful Disney Trip!

Great first installment!!!!

HI BIC :banana:

Mandy! So good to see you back. I often think of Becca and wonder how she's doing while saying a little prayer for her. So glad to hear she's doing well. I'm excited to read about your trip, and it sounds like you're off to a great start! popcorn::

Allison, I haven't "talked" with you before, but just wanted to send :hug: your way. I'm praying things start getting better for you and your family. So glad everyone made it through the flu alright.

Mandy, I have been thinking a lot about you guys this week.. about Becca, about Nick, about MAW, about Disney.. I can't believe a whole year has past. Man it was cold there, wasn't it?

I have to say when I saw that first picture of Becca in the wheelchair in the airport, I got the biggest smile on my face! It is amazing how something as simple as a picture can transport you back a whole year. Tell Becca we are thinking of her and how proud we are to know her. I am sorry I haven't been around. Oddly, I wouldn't have clicked on here today except I meant to click on my bank statement and accidently went one down too far and ended up on the dis boards.. so I thought I would see what was going on. Glad I did. :) Huggles!

Hi Mandy! It's great seeing you back on the Dis again! Can't wait to read your trippie:woohoo: And, sooooooo glad to hear Becca is doing well. Now, I'm sure your family hasn't left you in the Rubbermaid bins, so please, do cary on popcorn::

Mandy, I'm thrilled that you are starting to write your TR!!! Like Heather said, what you don't remember, just make up!

I think of you guys all the time! You are such a special family. I'm so glad to see you back around. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Mandy,
I learned about Becca from MouseScrappers and the things that are going on over there for her. I just want you to know that we are thinking about you and Becca and that there are people out there that do understand. My 2 girls died from a genetic disease and I just know in my own way the battle that you are fighting. I am so sorry that Becca is going through this. I just want to send you a cyber hug and let you know that we are thinking about you and Becca.
Denise
aka A Grieving Mommy

Mandy,
I learned about Becca from MouseScrappers and the things that are going on over there for her. I just want you to know that we are thinking about you and Becca and that there are people out there that do understand. My 2 girls died from a genetic disease and I just know in my own way the battle that you are fighting. I am so sorry that Becca is going through this. I just want to send you a cyber hug and let you know that we are thinking about you and Becca.
Denise
aka A Grieving Mommy

Thanks Denise....So sorry to hear about your 2 girls:grouphug:

I am as always overwhelmed by the generosity of people whom I dont know barring the internet! The Internet is a wonderful thing and is my lifeline to the rest of the world.

To anyone wondering, Becca is doing as well as she can considering her disease and what she has been through in her life.
She is enjoying the fact that there is no school ATM more than anything:thumbsup2:lmao:

I have something BRILLIANT to show you all!!

A while ago a DISBoard member emailed me to inform me that an Organization called the MouseScrappers had approached her and were wanting to do a Digital Scrapbook of a Wish Trip. Anyways, this kind person put my name forward..........A few months later and we have the results. Around 40 to 50 voluntEARS of MouseScrappers put a lot on work into the book, and we even got a bonus Big Give book too!:dance3:
The Organization is MouseScrappers and if anyone needs any info about it I have been informed that using the contact us button will get inquiries to the correct place

Anyways, I hope these links turn out okay

The Big Give Book

The Make-A-Wish Book

I also made a small photo book of the reveal when she received the books in the mail

The Scrapbook Reveal

Again.....I want to give our heartfelt gratitude to all that have given their time, money and thoughts throughout Becca's journey through life.....The Make-A-Wish Foundation, GKTW, The Big Give People, The MouseScrappers and all the people that sent good Wishes, Presents and Prayers when Becca was in Hospital. You all totally changed our journey through life with your actions :cloud9::love:

Love Mandy

Hi Mandy,
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful scrapbooks from the MouseScrappers! Great memories from Becca's trip and all the Big Gives she received! What a blessing that your family were chosen for this special gift especially after the trip, Becca had to be in the hospital for many months. It's good to hear and see how Becca is doing now too.
Gail

Hi Mandy,
Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful scrapbooks from the MouseScrappers! Great memories from Becca's trip and all the Big Gives she received! What a blessing that your family were chosen for this special gift especially after the trip, Becca had to be in the hospital for many months. It's good to hear and see how Becca is doing now too.
Gail

Thank You for your kind words.
The books are awesome aren't they? Thanks again MouseScrappers:lovestruc

After the hospital episode I just couldn't get myself in gear to do a trip report, but now we have a permanent reminder all wrapped up in a couple of real books to look back on for years to come.
Becca is doing ok, we still have regular trips to the ER for a CAT scan(we went a few weeks ago, again in April and believe it or not we had to go New Years day also) if she has headache for more than a few days, she has also been on Antibiotics for over two and a half years now but other than that we do fine. Her recovery from such a devastating occurrence is nothing less than amazing:worship:

So....Time for beddy-byes for me
Mandy

How absolutely GORGEOUS and what a true remembrance of a very special trip! THANK YOU for sharing!

Blessings,
Judy

Mandy thanks for sharing.:goodvibes Those books are just amazing.

I had followed your TR when you first came home and had always remembered your family and everything you were going through:hug:

Hello Mandy! These scrapbooks and phenomenal!!! What a wonderful way to remember Becca's Wish Trip, such a precious gift. Life was so crazy up and down when we got back (living elsewhere while managing a major reno, mother's rapid and scary onset of dementia, medical issues with Mark), I never did a TR and have always regretted it. I haven't even sorted the pictures our properly! The best I managed was taking one of the Big Give t-shirts and preserving it in a shadow box and actually hanging it up in Mark's room...about a year after we moved back in. Simply not reflective of the gratitude we have for the amazing experience of the Wish Trip, finding support from the WishTrippers here on the DIS, the Big Give gang...

So glad to hear that Becca is doing well. Our boys are fine - big changes for both last year as they changed schools. Another change for Mark this year as he has moved from the Preparatory to the Upper School at his school. It's a very demanding school academically but he's loving the classes if not the homework. Great to see him challenged and engaged. Douglas is enjoying his new school too, also into soccer, flag football etc. We've managed a Disney trip just about every year since the Wish Trip, a nice way to keep the memories alive, and the WDW CMs are so good to our family, always going out of the way to make things easier. We tried a Disney cruise this past March which was great. We stayed on property for 2 nights beforehand and met up with Maroo, Lauren and Lisa!!! Our first DIS meet, I was very proud of my DH and sons for tagging along.

Hope all continues to go well. And glad I caught your post - gues there was a reason for keeping those thread subscriptions after all!

Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter