BE's never-ending fun ** 4 completed TR's ** Thousands of Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so, so love penny presses, lol. I'll take a look for that one. I usually avoid SM like the plague because it makes me sick just thinking about riding it. I promised Frick I would give it a shot for the first time this trip. AH! Giving me the creeps just thinking about it.

Hopefully within the next hour we'll be off to pay for up our PH! I'm so excited. Although if I'm not mistaken we'll still have to hit up the ticket booth to exchange them for the actual tickets. I've never gotten the passes through my Credit Union before (I go the CityPass through Costco last time) so I don't know if they give us the actual passes there or not. We'll see.

Then I get my hair cut!

Then we're going to go see Coraline!

SM is so fun!

Coraline is one of the most visually pretty movies I have ever seen. The 3-D was awesome and I thought the whole thing was beautiful!

Just got back from the popcorn:: with Frack. We ended up seeing Watchmen, apparently the passes I had are only good for so much $ and Coraline costs more because of it being in 3D (go fig.). Not that we're complaining at all. The movie was awesome, I think I'll have to see it again, but in IMAX. I suppose we were fated to see Watchmen. I had asked Frack earlier today if she would rather that than Coraline, she said no, because the theater might have too many obnoxious teenagers since it would be after school hours and the movie just came out. Again, quite happy that we did see it. Still, of course, want to see Coraline.

Oh! We finally got our tickets today. Yes, actual tickets. Not time wasting vouchers. Woohoo! :goodvibes

Er, I'll let Frack fill in what happened after we got our PH's.

Three words to end this post....

Patrick-Wilson's-tush! :worship: :love: :banana:

I SO want to see that. Is it to grown up for a mature 13 year old? My son and I are supposed to go the movies tomorrow and I would really like to see that.

I SO want to see that. Is it to grown up for a mature 13 year old? My son and I are supposed to go the movies tomorrow and I would really like to see that.

I would say that it is a bit much for a 13 year old. And there is some boots-on, not hidden under covers sex (anyone have a fan? ahem :blush: ). Don't know how comfortable you would be with that. And of course a lot of gore and disturbing violence. I'll say it again though, GREAT movie. Maybe see it with a friend?

I would say that it is a bit much for a 13 year old. And there is some boots-on, not hidden under covers sex (anyone have a fan? ahem :blush: ). Don't know how comfortable you would be with that. And of course a lot of gore and disturbing violence. I'll say it again though, GREAT movie. Maybe see it with a friend?

That's what I am gonna do. My husband is working so much overtime for our Disneyland trip that he is too tired to go anywhere. Now to talk my best friend into it. Oh waot I have an adult nephew......:goodvibes

I second her assessment. It's R for a reason, lol.

Yesterday didn't turn out at all like we had planned, did it. Yeesh.

1. Work was a total drag. I wanted to ring my co-workers neck for what I can assure was not the first time. Thankfully after tomorrow she'll be out for 2 1/2 weeks for surgery and then I'll be gone the weekend she come s back.

2. My Disney checks came in!! I wasn't expecting them at all. I had totally forgotten I had ordered them until I noticed a funky withdrawal in my checking account, did a little digging and it was the company we order checks through. Now I remembered. Last week was probably the first time in over a year I've physically stepped foot inside our Credit Union. But I went to check the mail and I had a nice little box of checks! First up - Simba and Nala!

3. Went to pick up Frick and we made our way to the Credit Union to go buy our PH's! I was a little more than giddy on that front. Got a little surprise there as my uncle (my very, very, very strange uncle, I might add) was at the window right next to us. He kept whispering "Jessie" towards us and it took me a while to realize he meant me. I hate it when people call me Jess or Jessie. Hate it! Thankfully he didn't pester us too much and went on his way. I'm not kidding when I say he scares me a little. But back to the PH's!! They're not vouchers or anything else we need to exchange when we get there, but are our actual PH's!!

Me with my PH:
3335314639_69dca19ba3.jpg

Frick with my PH (her's has Donald Duck along with Huey, Dewey, and Louie):
3335311671_5af74a65f8.jpg

4. My hair cut appointment was supposed to be next up at 3:45. I had been worrying that the appointment was actually Thursday and not Friday, but she didn't call me last night so I figured I was in the clear. We get there maybe 15 minutes beforehand and Lisa (the family friend who has been cutting my hair all my life) is busy shampooing someone's hair. Uh-oh, not a good sign. Pretty much she tells me that she had me written down for 2:45, and my mood goes downhill fast. I'm used to getting my days mixed up, but not the actual time of my appointment. What the hell! We get back to my house and I go a little crazy trying to find my appointment card, and sure enough it said 3:45 and not 2:45. I know it's just hair, but I'm still pissed off about the mix-up. I need to have my hair cut before we leave, and because of a vacation she took either last week or is taking this week, I know it's going to be near-impossible for her to fit me in before the 27th. I don't really trust anyone else with my hair. I'll just have to see what happens wen I call her on Monday because she wont have her appointment book until then (since we saw a movie I couldn't call her before she left the studio).

5. Well, the rest Frick filled you in on. So glad we ended up seeing Watchmen! I loved it.

Yay. Got the drama about my hair appointment sorted out. I have another appointment on St. Patrick's Day, and this time it will happen!!

I found my Disney-box the other day and my old Birthday button from my last trip (where I celebrated my 21st birthday a few months early). Aw, it was so exciting to see.

Here's my thought: In honor of this year marking 20 years (gasp! we'll really have known each other for two whole decades coming up) of friendship, we should get some "We're Celebrating" buttons.

I am glad you have straightened around the hair drama.:goodvibes I think the buttons sound like a great idea. I got out the disc with the pictures from our last trip and looked at them the other day. It was great fun.

I love how going to DLR can bring some joy even long after you've left, you know? All I have to do is look through my old photos and things I gathered while I was there and it's almost like I'm there again. Then again, it makes me dying to go back so I can't concentrate.

I know what you mean. My English professor is a Disney nut too and was more than happy to look through the ppt I made of all of our pics from the Pirates 3 premiere after class last night. lol

I keep putting off taking my pins off my old backpack and putting them on my new one. I want to be just about ready to go before I do that. lol

Sounds like a great trip you have planned, though what a long day it will be the day you go leaving at 2am :eek: i dont think id have the energy to walk around Disney for the day after that long drive.

Glad you managed to sort out your hair appointment and the mix up with cancelling the hotel booking and yay at the cheaper rate too :thumbsup2

The hockey game pictures are great, my boyf wanted to see a Hockey game while were on our California & Vegas trip but sadly we won't be there when the season is on so he'll have to wait tilla nother trip to the US for that.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned, though what a long day it will be the day you go leaving at 2am :eek: i dont think id have the energy to walk around Disney for the day after that long drive.

Glad you managed to sort out your hair appointment and the mix up with cancelling the hotel booking and yay at the cheaper rate too :thumbsup2

The hockey game pictures are great, my boyf wanted to see a Hockey game while were on our California & Vegas trip but sadly we won't be there when the season is on so he'll have to wait tilla nother trip to the US for that.

Just an FYI, a hockey game may not be 100% out of the question. Pre-season games start in September so depending on when you go you could always go that route. The games are cheaper, but still just as much fun! Just to keep that in mind ;) The schedules wont be released for some time to come, but it's worth a shot in my opinion!

Just an FYI, a hockey game may not be 100% out of the question. Pre-season games start in September so depending on when you go you could always go that route. The games are cheaper, but still just as much fun! Just to keep that in mind ;) The schedules wont be released for some time to come, but it's worth a shot in my opinion!

Ooh thast great, thanks for letting me know that. When usually will the dates for those be released?

I know what you mean. My English professor is a Disney nut too and was more than happy to look through the ppt I made of all of our pics from the Pirates 3 premiere after class last night. lol

I keep putting off taking my pins off my old backpack and putting them on my new one. I want to be just about ready to go before I do that. lol

I love that your ticker officially says 2 weeks!! I know it's only one day less than we have, but it's making me want to jump for joy over here. We're all so close.

Ooh thast great, thanks for letting me know that. When usually will the dates for those be released?

Sometime this summer. I don't know how late would be too last minute for you to factor it into your plans, but I believe this past year they released the schedule the first week of August.

It's funny how much Disneyland touches other parts of our lives. I was at the DR with my daughter Kody today and I noticed that a mural they had resembled Sleeping Beauty's Castle and said something to the receptionist. So she started a conversation with me about Disneyland and California Adventure. Yep it's every where.:goodvibes

It's funny how much Disneyland touches other parts of our lives. I was at the DR with my daughter Kody today and I noticed that a mural they had resembled Sleeping Beauty's Castle and said something to the receptionist. So she started a conversation with me about Disneyland and California Adventure. Yep it's every where.:goodvibes

Everywhere! We had a critique last night for my Photography class and it took me less than a second to realize that there was a photo of a Mickie Mouse painting on one of my classmates' contact sheet. I nearly jumped out of my seat, it was hilarious.

We officially have two weeks! 14 days from now we'll be enjoying our late afternoon in the park (although I'll probably be taking a nap maybe now to make up for the drive somewhat)!! That is so exciting!!

We're watching Pinocchio right now :D I was so excited to see the little "peek" that Snow White is being re-released "soon". I want it so, so, so bad. I didn't have my own money when it came out on DVD and my parents would buy it for me! Snow White is my all time favorite. The second it came on the TV screen I about screamed.

Today was a bit of silliness and fun at work today! Every Friday we have a Fun event, and this week our HR set up a scavenger hunt around the store (I work for Target, if I haven't mentioned that already). I love games and scavenger hunts and all that so I was excited. We also got a little prize bag when we completed our hunt. I ended up doing all three because I could. And what did I get? Candy and a glow stick :woohoo: Which were stacking up on for while we're there, because glow sticks are full of win.

3352771108_f28927f365.jpg

You're getting so close now........ are you excited???? :rotfl2: Like I had to ask!!
We had a blast & I know you will too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter