Best 2019 European cruises to book last minute

coloradocutie

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a European cruise this summer, preferably warm. We usually book on opening day for good pricing, so I feel like we are a little late in the game. We are flexible with dates and itineraries In order to get more for our money. Any suggestions on how to find the best value this late in the game? Which cruises are most likely to go guarantee? Thanks in advance!!

I agree with looking at the price tracker website to determine if you’re getting a good deal. For our cruise last summer the price doubled so waiting was not a profitable strategy.

I think you might also have luck with the cruises at the end of August and beginning of September. The August 25, September 1 and 8th cruises were not bad prices when they were released and are in or close to the school year. We are on the August 18 cruise and I am watching the 25th just in case it is a great price. Two adults on Sept 1 Norwegian Fjords inside room starts at $3631 and Sept 8 British Isles is $3994.

European cruises are not small change - you might as well go where you'd really like to!

That said, DCL lines up its cruise dates very closely with the European school holidays. For example, Barcelona and Rome district school boards will end school anywhere between Jun 21 and Jun 25 in 2019, so you have the most expensive med cruises following these dates. England/Wales schools break for the summer this year from ~Jul 21 to Sep 2, and you will see all the big-ticket Northern European cruises (Iceland, Baltic, Norway) in that timeframe.

These cruises tend to be the most expensive across all of DCL, so I'd avoid them if cost was the main object. We booked last year when they came out, and they have gone up already by ~50% on average.

My suggestions:

1. If you can wait till summer 2020, book early next month when the new itineraries come out.
2. If you want somewhere warm and "cheaper" in 2019, book a late May or early June med cruise now.
3. If you can settle for a cooler but cheaper itinerary, book a September cruise now. Then, start watching. The PIF date for the September cruise will likely be later than the *GT dates for the earlier cruises. One-way itineraries among Rome, Barcelona, Dover, and Copenhagen might go *GT as folks (incl. you, BTW) will have to schedule last-minute flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter