BEST Dinner show in Disney World??

It def needs a better story as well as better food.

The food looked and tasted like what an Aramark cafeteria serves on Hawaiian Islands Day. And just try a third beer out of them. I dare you. LOL!
I needed a laugh today and you supplied it not once but twice:D.
Believe it or not there is an article in today's NYTimes about a Hawaiian food chain in Utah?!? Apparently it's really popular with Mormons who served as missionaries to the islands.

I needed a laugh today and you supplied it not once but twice:D.
Believe it or not there is an article in today's NYTimes about a Hawaiian food chain in Utah?!? Apparently it's really popular with Mormons who served as missionaries to the islands.

I will need to dust off my copy of James Michener’s Hawaii to see what the missionaries ate when they lived there. LOL!

We are not planners anymore. We rarely if ever make any ADRs before our trip. It seems like whenever we do, we're either canceling them or running around to get there on time. We're too old and have been to WDW too many times. We don't have any "MUST Dos" anymore, BUT, we've never been to the HDDR and want to go on our next trip!

Here is my question... How long ahead of time do I need to make reservations for Hoop-De-Doo? I know if I make them too soon our plans will change and I'll have to cancel them.

I made my first reservation to HDDR about 2 weeks before we arrived. It was for the 4th of July and I've no idea if it was a fluke or not.

We are booked at Spirit of Aloha show, but I'm reading horrid reviews! Wondering if I should change it over to something else? Any feedback is appreciated!!

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review is the better show of the two, but for two credits (or the cash pricing) you're paying for the show far more than the food.

Reactions: ;-)
We are not planners anymore. We rarely if ever make any ADRs before our trip. It seems like whenever we do, we're either canceling them or running around to get there on time. We're too old and have been to WDW too many times. We don't have any "MUST Dos" anymore, BUT, we've never been to the HDDR and want to go on our next trip!

Here is my question... How long ahead of time do I need to make reservations for Hoop-De-Doo? I know if I make them too soon our plans will change and I'll have to cancel them.

We are booking category one at 180+2. I read on the boards that they select your table by the order of the ADR. I'm hoping for a very good seat since DD likes to be front and center for all shows.

We are booking category one at 180+2. I read on the boards that they select your table by the order of the ADR. I'm hoping for a very good seat since DD likes to be front and center for all shows.
That would seem logical, but I doubt they do that. I think they seat people of how table set up makes sense for that particular show! I could be wrong...who knows. I also heard there’s no bad seat in the house.

That would seem logical, but I doubt they do that. I think they seat people of how table set up makes sense for that particular show! I could be wrong...who knows. I also heard there’s no bad seat in the house.

@TheRustyScupper has done seating arrangements for HDDR and he has stated that it is done in order of when you make the ADR.

And I’m opposite I like the planning factor! I feel like if things are not planned I’m wasting time(especially in Disney). I also enjoy my dining out, so i like to know I have a table.

I showed my 12 hour old daughter a 5 minute video of HDDR from you tube. It's now her #1 must do at WDW next trip. I'm excited for it too.
totally off topic, but my daughter's room was all done in Baby Disney. When we came home from the hospital, I introduced her to Mickey and friends and it's been a blast ever since. ENJOY

HDDR by far. Good but simple food, fun time for all ages, except for the most jaded teenager and you can't please them anyway.
YES! Our jaded teenager refused to go 10 years ago, when we vacationed as a family. He would have no part of an dinner show especially when he heard that there was audience interaction. Now he lives down there and goes all the time, and Mom and Dad still haven't seen it!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is the best dinner theater show I’ve ever seen. I can’t speak to the other one.

Hoop Dee Doo!
I REALLY wish Disney would add a new dinner show or 2 to their repertoire. There are so many possibilities to work with-give us something 21st century :)

LOL! I think they need new shows. As a family we can all go to SofA, however my DD refuses to ever go to HDDR again, so DH and I took our DGD, who was 11 at the time. Oh my gosh, she laughed so hard....at her Pa. She thought the show was cheesy, but was thoroughly entertained by her Pa, who was laughing so hard he was crying.
I thnk both shows are worth going to at some point.

Absolutely Hoop Dee Doo Review. We go to the show every time we go to DW. All of our family love it - young and old. Plus we all love the food.

Where do they seat you for either show if you have the dining plan

HOOP-DEE-DO-REVIEW TICKET AND SEATING "411":
1) HDDR tables are prioritized and assigned in each category by WHEN the ressie was made
. . . whether via phone or on-line or in-person at WDW.
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made in January gets a better table than ressie made in February
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made within 7-days of the show gets Cat-1 leftovers
2) Tables are manually assigned on 8th day before the show date (we sit in the ticket booth in the afternoon and manually prepare the seating chart).
3) Last minute ressies are assigned to the next open table in order.
4) There are no requests allowed for specific tables.
5) The earlier ressies are made, the better table location.
6) Exception: tables #044 & #045, are kept for last minute handicapped guests.
7) Table numbers do have meaning,
. . . EXAMPLE: table #052
. . . 0 = floor-level
. . . 5 = fifth-row-from-front
. . . 2 = second-table-from-left (when facing the stage)
8) Tables may be moved around to accommodate number of guests.
9) Only one family/group is usually seated per table. *
10) Distribution of tables and categories, prior to any combining of tables.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor back to row8, they are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four on left/right wings
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way **
. . . Cat-3 tables frequently require one-half of the table to turn around to see
11) DDP Credit Use
. . . 4:00pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 6:15pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 8:30pm show = 2TS for Cat-1, Cat-2 and/or Cat-3
12) Ticket Pick-Up:
. . . up to 7-days prior to show date at any Resort Concierge Desk or any Park Guest Services
. . . within 2-hrs prior to show-time only at HDDR Box Office at Fort Wilderness
. . . box office windows are to the left of Pioneer Hall at FW
* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue. If there are more than one group at the table, each group has its own "family style" menu items.
** I have assigned seats for HDDR, and wince when I had to put folks behind pillars or have the pillars in their line-of-sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter