"Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife!" A Disneymoon! *UPDATE 7/2*

LMichelleee

"Frying pans... who knew, right?"

HELLO!! And welcome to my trip report,
"Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife"​

As you can tell from the title, this is a Dinseymoon Trip Report!:lovestruc

My new husband and I just got back from an 11 day trip! During that trip, we spent 6 days at Disney World and 4 1/2 days at Universal Studios. If you are coming over from my pre trip report, DISNEYMOON PTR, WELCOME! If you are a new reader, WELCOME! You can find the PTR to this trip HERE, or, you can be surprised and read along!

ABOUT US

My name is L and my hubby is B. We are both in our mid-twenties and have been together for about 7 years now. We were married early April and decided to wait until after Easter to go on our honeymoon and we are so glad we did! I definitely needed the extra 2 weeks to unwind and finalize some plans for Disney! :cool1:

L
FAVORITE PARK: Magic Kingdom
FAVORITE RIDE: Space Mountain/People Mover
FAVORITE MOVIE: Tangled!! Also Frozen & The Little Mermaid
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Rapunzel & Eugene
FAVORITE PARADE: Festival of Fantasy
FAVORITE RESTAURANT: Lunch at Be our Guest

B
FAVORITE PARK: Magic Kingdom
FAVORITE RIDE: Space Mountain/People Mover/Splash Mountain
FAVORITE MOVIE: POTC, Bolt
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Pluto
FAVORITE PARADE: Electrical Parade
FAVORITE RESTAURANT: Lunch at Be our Guest

The Disney portion of our trip was from April 25th-May 1st and we stayed at Coronado Springs. Because it was a honeymoon we didn’t want to stay at a value, and since we were planning an extra 4 days at Universal we opted to not do a deluxe. While researching moderates I immediately fell in love with Coronado! The price was amazing (thanks PIN code!), and it had really good proximity to all the parks. I also really loved the room design. One thing I found when looking at other rooms was that they seemed… too themed? Again, since it’s a honeymoon I wanted a more adult friendly room. The only other one I considered was Port Orleans- French Quarter or the Royal Rooms at Port Orleans- Riverside. Unfortunately, I found the royal rooms awhile after I already made our reservation; otherwise that is probably where we would have stayed! They’re so cute! I am still really happy with our choice. The busses were fast and never crowded, and I noticed Port Orleans were always pretty full.

We decided to not to the DDP. I TRIED to make it work, but just couldn’t. I even went through all the menus of the places we made ADRs at and picked the most expensive items and we only came ahead one day. I also used the DDP calculator I found here on DisBoards and that said we were better off not getting it. We are not big eaters, we usually don’t eat big breakfasts, we tend to split meals, typically don’t order a lot of soda, snacks, apps, or desserts. It just would have been way too much food that would be wasted. But don’t let that deter you, we still ate at all the Table Service restaurants that we wanted to!

I'm working on the first post now, stay tuned! :thumbsup2

First off, congratulations!

Second, joining! Hope it was everything you were hoping for! Specifically thinking the honeymoon, but also applies to the wedding, marriage, etc.

First off, congratulations!

Second, joining! Hope it was everything you were hoping for! Specifically thinking the honeymoon, but also applies to the wedding, marriage, etc.

Yay, WELCOME!! And thank you! Everything was so wonderful and we are really enjoying our new life together!

Yay! Congrats on your wedding and Disneymoon! Following along :) Seems like you guys had a great time!

WELCOME!!! Thank you so much! We really did, I am so excited to relive it all through this report!

Congrats! :love: Looking forward to reading more!

WELCOME!! Thank you!! :goodvibes

Following along!! Excited to read about your Disneymoon! Congrats on your marriage!

WELCOME!! Thanks so much!! I am really excited to do this!

Subbing....Loved the title! Can't wait to read your TR. :thumbsup2

WELCOME! Thanks! It was a quote I read somewhere! We have always said we're definitely each others best friend, for life! It was just too perfect and we kept saying throughout the entire honeymoon! :lovestruc

Loved your PTR and jumping in here. Can't wait to hear about your trip. :)

YAY!! You're here! WELCOME!!! :yay:

Following along! :)

WELCOME!! :goodvibes

following! :D

WELCOME!!

Can't wait to see how it went!

YAY! You're here too!!! WELCOME!!

congrats!! joining in :)

Thank you so much! WELCOME!!

DAY 1, FRIDAY, APRIL 25TH​

"We're going to Disney World today!"

Our flight didn’t leave until 5pm so I had some time during the day to get last minute things done, like finish packing! There were also some things I kept putting off purchasing because I had so much time until we left. I was SO annoyed with myself! One other huge thing we had to get done before we left was file our marriage license because it would expire during our trip. Yep, kind of a big deal. :rotfl:

MY SWEET GIRL! And packing buddy!

I got my errands done and then went to my friends house. I had to hand over my key so she could check on kitty and she was also going to cut my hair and do my nails for the trip! She's a pretty amazing friend! I mean, I had to look pretty for the princesses!! princess:

B came home around noon and we finished up packing, grabbed our marriage license, said goodbye to our kitty, and were out the door by 2! WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO DISNEY!

We got to the country clerk and were immediately seen, thank goodness! The marriage license was filed and everything is official! YAY!!!!

We started getting hungry but didn't want to get stuck eating at the airport. Our airport is pretty small, like no Starbucks small, and offers mostly local chain restaurants and coffee. Definitely not a terrible thing, but also not cheap! B remembered that In N Out burger recently opened up a couple of locations and we decided to drop by and check it out. We have both been before but it had been years since I last went! We really enjoyed it! We have an all-natural burger place right next to us and agreed we liked it better over In N Out, but if we ended up on that side of town we would definitely go back!

We made it to the airport and I started getting SO excited!! :yay: We flew Southwest because I needed my 2 free checked bags. Since we were using Magcial Express we didn’t get a grocery stop, so we packed a lot of food in a suitcase, like beef jerky sticks, applesauce pouches (not just for kids!), crackers and some pretzel chips. Not only is it a great money saver, but I have some serious stomach/digestive issues and it's just nice knowing I have food I know my stomach can handle.

We boarded our flight a little bit before 5 and took off early! The best! :cool1: I spent my time on the flight listening to the Frozen & Tangled soundtrack and doing some research using my Unofficial Guide. Love. That. Book. :thumbsup2

We arrived in Orlando about 8:10...

HI MCO!!!! :wave2:

...and made our way to Magical Express!

We were a bit nervous about the luggage but figured I hadn’t heard any stories of lost/mixed up luggage so we had decided to go ahead and do it.
We got a really cute Magical Express bus, but I wasn’t able to get any cute pictures because it was SO dark outside! We also didn’t get the welcome gates either! I didn't care though, I WAS ON DISNEY PROPERTY AND WAS JUST SO HAPPY!!!

I looked around and noticed there were a bunch of us on the bus, so I told B to get to check in, fast! It helped since we didn’t have our luggage and mostly everyone else did. We were first in line for check in and a minute later I looked back and the line was really long. There were only 2 cast members handling check ins and it was not a quick process! But that might be because someone may or may not have, but definitely did, maybe forget to do online check in...?? :rolleyes1 Oops! It definitely snuck up on me!

The woman helping us was so nice! She congratulated us and handed us our Happily Ever After buttons along with a voucher for a complimentary champagne toast. How sweet! :lovestruc

We grabbed some park maps and made our way to Cabanas 8A. My only request was to be next to a bus stop. Since we weren’t on DDP and didn’t get mugs, we didn't care how close or far we were from the main building. We did end up right next to The Dig Site and I was worried it’d be super loud, but we actually never heard anything.

We found our room and noticed our view was the woods. Not the best, but it sure beats a parking lot! What does kind of irritate me is that king bed rooms were $20+ more per night and I don't get why? We tested our Magic Bands and at first it didn’t work and I was so worried we were going to have to walk all the way back, but we tried a few more times and it finally worked! Whew!

We walked in and I was so excited! It was so cute, I loved it! B really liked it too, he said I did such a great job picking the resort out. Thanks, babe! ;)

I immediately started exploring and taking all sorts of pictures!

We were both really exhausted after such a long day so I turned on Stacey while we were waiting for our luggage to get here!

I noticed a bunch of cheerleading teams get on buses before we did (another reason I am so glad we didn't pick a value!) and I guess all their luggage maybe slowed the rest of ours down because we checked in around 9:30 and it didn't arrive until after 1. I've read it can take a couple of hours for it to arrive, and it wouldn't have been such a big deal if we could have gone to DTD or had an ADR, but we were just stuck. After that experience I don’t think I will ever use Magical Express for luggage that late at night again. It just wasn't worth it. :headache:

We unpacked and set our alarm so we could be up nice and early for Magic Kingdom!:woohoo:

I love the subtle Mickey heads on the bed runners! Just a touch of Disney while still looking grown up. Someday I would love to head over to CSR and explore!

Yay your first update! :)

Your kitty is too cute!!

Thank goodness you were able to get your marriage license filed! :)

The CSR room looks nice. It looks similar to POR and CBR but not as much theming.

That stinks it took so long for your luggage, especially that late at night. :(

Can't wait to hear about Magic Kingdom! :)

Congrats on your marriage! That STINKS about your luggage! We always fly in in the morning and go to DTD/a park, and our luggage is always waiting for us when we return. What a pain for it not to get to you until the middle of the night!!
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Following along! popcorn:: My DF and I are leaving for our Disneymoon on the 25th! Excited to see how much fun y'all had!

You forgot to send me a PM but I am so glad you started the TR!! :)))

Cute couple!

I have the Frozen Soundtrack too ( bought it the same day we saw the movie) and love it.. I even listen when I am in the car without my boys.. :)

CSR's rooms are so beautiful and fancy looking.. I hope to explore it someday.. We are staying in a RR at POR next month for the weekend and will be back next spring and am debating between POR and CSR.

I love the subtle Mickey heads on the bed runners! Just a touch of Disney while still looking grown up. Someday I would love to head over to CSR and explore!

Yes, me too! There were also some Mickeys on the bathroom mirror! It's such a beautiful resort. I took about 20 minutes to explore and wish I had at least walked around the whole lake. The hammocks were my favorite!

Yay your first update! :)

Your kitty is too cute!!

Thank goodness you were able to get your marriage license filed! :)

The CSR room looks nice. It looks similar to POR and CBR but not as much theming.

That stinks it took so long for your luggage, especially that late at night. :(

Can't wait to hear about Magic Kingdom! :)

The first update is always so exciting!! You guys have to be on me about posting!!! ;)

I was so glad I looked back at the website or else we would have missed it!! :scared1:

I really enjoyed CSR. I'm already looking at booking a trip later this year with some girlfriends and it is really hard to not pick CSR again! We'll see if we even get to go though. Fingers crossed!!

Oh the luggage... I am just thankful it arrived. Around 12:30 am I called luggage services to make sure our stuff even got picked up and they had said it was still on the way to the resort. Never. Again. :headache: But we can laugh now!

I'm excited to finish MK up! It was such a magical day! :goodvibes

Congrats on your marriage! That STINKS about your luggage! We always fly in in the morning and go to DTD/a park, and our luggage is always waiting for us when we return. What a pain for it not to get to you until the middle of the night!!
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

I was hoping we could go to DTD and wait it out, and I think everything would have worked out a lot better if our flight hadn't gotten in so late. Long story short, we were told by a family member we could use their miles and well, that didn't happen. :headache: We booked our flight a month before we left and there weren't many to choose from! Our initial plan was to fly in early Saturday, spend the day at DTD, and then 'Ohana for dinner. The flights were so expensive Saturday that it was cheaper to fly out Friday, keep our extra day at the hotel I never got around to cancelling (THANK GOODNESS!), and add a day to our tickets! I was like, DONE AND DONE! YAY FOR AN EXTRA DAY AT DISNEY!! :yay::yay::yay: Hahaha

Sorry for my novel of a reply! :rotfl2:

Following along! popcorn:: My DF and I are leaving for our Disneymoon on the 25th! Excited to see how much fun y'all had!

Eeeeep!!!! Congratulations! I really hope you do a TR! I am following one of the girls from my PTR on Instagram who is on her Disneymoon now and it makes me miss Disney so much! I love reading other DM TR! :love:

You forgot to send me a PM but I am so glad you started the TR!! :)))

Cute couple!

I have the Frozen Soundtrack too ( bought it the same day we saw the movie) and love it.. I even listen when I am in the car without my boys.. :)

CSR's rooms are so beautiful and fancy looking.. I hope to explore it someday.. We are staying in a RR at POR next month for the weekend and will be back next spring and am debating between POR and CSR.

AGGHH I AM THE WORST! :worried: Sorry! I would like to blame my mailman because we had an exceptionally wonderful mail day. We got a wedding present, 2 baby shower invites (so I immediately look at all registries!! :rotfl:), AND OUR WEDDING PICTURES!! :woohoo: I got distracted!

I am totally guilty of putting a couple of songs on repeat and turning the volume up really high and having people stare! :laughing: Worth it!

Ahh a RR?!?! :yay: And yay for 2 trips!!

Another thing that helped me decide between the three resorts was just looking at the resort info threads here on the boards! The Unofficial Guide also had some really great info and comparisons as well. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter