Best Things About Animal Kingdom?

For me, the best things about DAK are:
  • How alive the park is. Obviously, with the inclusion of animals, but if you take in the details, the shows, the trails, the park has a sense of life to it. Pandora - World of Avatar during the day and at night are stunning, and despite it being a land from a film, the plants and the scenery come to life. Rivers of Life - the integration of light and water, alive. The shows (especially Festival of the Lion King, my favorite, and Finding Nemo: The Musical) bring energy and life that you get so immersed into. All around, I just feel the park is alive both day and night.
  • The animals. As a zookeeper, I love getting my animal-fix. To me, and to many others, experiencing and seeing animals are magical and special.
  • The details. Everything everyone else is saying, same. And from an animal care/zookeeping side, the integration of naturalistic enclosures and spacious exhibits is really cool to see.
  • The attractions. Three of my favorite attractions and my favorite show is in this park: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, and Festival of the Lion King.
  • Conservation Station. This is what it's all about. Conservation of species in the wild. While I wish it wasn't so out of the way and only accessible from the train, I'm glad they did make the effort to really highlight the importance of zoological facilities.

There's so much more I love, but I'll stick with those five!

We visited the park after a day of swimming last trip and experienced it for the first time at night. Did the nighttime Safari and saw Pandora in the dark. The park was fairly empty, we got to ride the Navi River several times. I love it. The sounds, the Shaman animatron, the pretty colors—I really enjoy it.

We saw the second showing of Rivers of Light and I loved it. Obv, it’s not exciting like HEA, but it’s beautiful and relaxing, and I love the music. A Golden Monkey on tap before the show really puts you in a mellow mood. It’s available at the bar next to the entrance of Everest.

As others have stated, the food options are fabulous and we especially like Yak & Yeti. The Ahi tuna nachos dish is outrageous.

Variety-AK is a different park every time we visit. The safari at 9:00 AM is completely different than the safari at 7:00 PM.
It's a relaxing park(I put Epcot in that bucket also). So much to just stroll around and take in. I love the animal trails and even make a solo trip there at times while the rest of the family is off at other parks.
Food choices are diverse. If the kids want a burger, it's there. If the wife wants Asian food, it's there. If I want the best BBQ onsite, it's also there.
Want to slow the pace, hit FOTL or Nemo for a show. Want thrill rides, go to Everest. There are plenty of spots to cool down on a hot day also.

AK is not only the favorite Disney park for my wife and I, it's our favorite theme park anywhere period.

The music.

If I’m at work, sometimes I’ll just close my eyes and imagine the that music you hear as you walk in, about to embark on a new adventure.

Being a more frequent visitor I love experiencing new things that I likely have walked right by on previous trips without even realizing what I was missing. Take for example "Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight". This show in front of the Tree of Life takes place several times per day and allows you to get close and personal with the parks macaws. I believe these small unique experiences are part of what defines Animal Kingdom and makes it my second favorite park at WDW.

I've always wanted to see this, but unfortunately, there haven't been any specific times listed. I tried one day just going to the Tree of Life area and waiting, but after 1/2 hour with still no show, I gave up. Maybe some day either they'll list show times, or I'll happen on it.

Editted: Just checked and they're listing show times. Can't wait to see this on my next trip!

Pandora is my favorite "land" of all, and the food at AK is tops in my book. I'd eat every day at Satu'li Canteen when I'm at the parks if I could, and I really enjoy chilling out in Nomad Lounge.

Like most members here, I love the little details at WDW. And at AK, two of m faves are the prayer flags throughout Asia and the green glowing lights hiding in shrubs at the back entrance to Pandora

Joe Rodhe has been sharing some thoughts on his Instagram lately. And those plus the pictures he’s sharing just solidify for me what a beautiful and well-themed park AK is. It really isn’t designed to look like a theme park. It’s so unique in the design of every little detail. It transports you more than any other park.

AK seriously has the best shows of all the parks! So much great live entertainment!!! Festival of the Lion King beats everything!! It's the best show on property hands down!!! The Safari (I know it's considered a ride because of the vehicle), but to us it's all about the animals so it's more of a show. The Nemo show, although not a favorite of ours because of the length, is a Broadway caliber show.

I love the way the animal enclosures make you have to search for the animals. It makes me feel like I am really in the wild looking for the animals.

There are so many things I love about AK. Kilimanjaro Safaris you can ride multiple times to see different things. The atmosphere of the park, I love the winding paths, the numerous animal exhibits along the paths, the music. You never have a problem finding good food here. Dinosaur is an amazing ride. Everest is amazing. The musicians that perform near the safari ride .Rafikis Planet Watch is a great place to take a break & learn something. I am in the minority but I also love Dinoland (but I also love carnivals). Devine is so neat to watch. Walking the trails around the Tree of Life. Gorilla Falls Exploration trail & Maharaja Jungle Trek I could spend hours on. At Animal Kingdom it seems like the pace is much slower & I can relax there.

The immersive theming.

IMO, Animal Kingdom has by far the highest level of immersive park theming of the 4 parks. Now, that can be good and bad.

Good = immersion and the sense of being transported away from Florida to a distant land.
Bad = Sloped, narrow walkways and the hot stagnant feel to the air.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter