Best Things About Animal Kingdom?

The food/drink is all amazing. The ambiance can’t be beat- my daughter adores the “zoo” music.” The gentle transition from land to land- you know exactly which land you’re in, but also never forget which *park* you’re in. This coming trip we’re doing MK and AK only - it’s that good.

I haven't read any other responses but this has always been my favorite park so I've been waiting to chime in on one of these posts. I've had nothing to add to the others

It's the only park that will never be the same visit to visit due to the fact that you are dealing with living creatures

I love doing all the rides in all the parks for the most part but let's face it, every ride on a coaster, for example, is the same. Up, down, around, etc. Fun but the same. There are never two safaris that are the same. Every time you walk the trails they change too. Heck, even Kali, which is just a mediocre version of that type of ride, varies each ride.

Some of the best food is found here too. From Tiffins to Satuli Canteen they may have both the best QS and best TS found in the parks. The best lounge in Nomads. Plus, Dole whip with rum!

Lion King and Nemo are Broadway quality shows that never let me down. I know many don't appreciate the uniqueness of Nemo but if you can you see just how talented they are.

And yes they knocked out out of the park with the immersion you get when you enter Pandora. I didn't really appreciate just how much until I watched Avatar again after visiting the land a few times. They really nailed it

Bottom line, I can sum up in 2 words why AK is Disney's diamond standard, Joe Rhode. If he'd had his hand elsewhere they'd be as special.

Last edited:
It's the only park that will never be the same visit to visit due to the fact that you are dealing with living creatures

I love doing all the rides in all the parks for the most part but let's face it, every ride on a coaster, for example is the same. Up, down, around, etc. Fun but the same. There are never two safaris that are the same. Every time you walk the trails they change too. Heck, even Kali, which is just a medicore version of that type of ride, varies reach ride.

Some of the best food is found here too. From Tiffins to Satuli Canteen they may have both the best QS and best TS found in the parks.

Lion King and Nemo are Broadway quality shows that never let me down. I know many don't appreciate the uniqueness of Nemo but if you can you see just how talented they are.

How could I forget Lion King???? It is in my top 5 things to do at WDW. I love it so.

For us, the best things are Kilimanjaro Safari, the food, and the trails. We really enjoy just walking around the park. Until the heat kills us off, LOL! We tend to stick to the early and late hours at that park to help with that, though. :)

The overall vibe of AK is very zen-like (unless you're trying to rope drop FOP!) and very different than the busyness of the other parks. It's a welcome breath of fresh air in what is usually a very busy and fast paced vacation.

Dawa Bloody Mary's in the morning! Admittedly they have changed over the years, but they are still a really good Bloody Mary. And the bartender has been the same for years and a really nice guy.

FOTLK: no matter how many times we've seen it, we still make time for it. The performers are top notch and very skilled and the music and choreography are beautiful.

Everything in Pandora is visually stunning, especially at night. The technology, art design, lighting and theming is unique and fitting. The Imagineers managed to create an immersive fictional world that looks completely authentic, like Pandora actually exists somewhere.

Nothing seems run-of-the-mill in AK... even the souvenirs are different. You can usually find the same items in gift shops all over WDW property, and while there are some common items in the AK gift shops there are so many more unique items. The hand carved wood items, the beaded animal knick-knacks, t-shirts and everything in the Pandora gift shop.

Our top rides here are EE and FoP. Love them both. We don't do Kali much anymore, it's too short and I don't like getting soaked. The safari can be fun and interesting, despite the ....ahem.... faux props.

DiVine is engrossing....if you can find her! She's definitely a unique character.

Food!! Some of the best food offerings in all of WDW.

AK has been one of our top parks for years, even before Pandora opened. We will even play AK park music or RoL show music in the house sometimes. It's that Zen vibe!

Best:
Food! Literally all of the best QS options (Flame Tree, Satuli, Harambe, etc)
Festival of the Lion King - seriously Broadway quality
Everest (especially at night) and Flight of Passage are superior rides to every other ride
Atmosphere of any park
Dance parties everywhere and soooo fun
Animals galore and so amazing at that

Worst:
Nemo -I'm sorry, it feels as long as the movie, it's so boring
I love the Dinosaur Ride and my kids love the Boneyard but Primevil, Triceratops Spin, and all of the carnival games can GO

AK is by far our favorite park, this is where my daughter discovered her love of animals; the park is educational without being boring.
As a vegan this is my favorite food park due to all of the choices (TH, SC, Harambe, and the kiosks)
It has the best rides, the best street entertainment, and the best show on property in FOTLK.
This is definitely a two day park for us, those who think that this is a half day park are missing out.

FOLK is like no other show at WDW -there is something for each age level to enjoy during the show. It is like a little piece of Broadway in Florida.

Tusker House is our favorite character meal on property.

Kilimanjaro Safari - we ride at park opening then again later in the day, as it is different each time (even in the rain!)

As others have said, the ambiance, the theming of the lands, the walking trails, the food, FOTLK, sitting and absorbing the surroundings at Dawn Bar, the experience of the Wild Africa Trek and Nomad Lounge. I love it.

Love the rides and the animal treks, but when I get there it seems to be a much more relaxed atmosphere. I don't see/feel like everyone is rushing around. It always is a much more relaxing day.

Theme. Each area of the park is so uniquely themed with meticulous attention to detail. Its so well done. You really feel like you're in another place or country in each section. I think its the best of any park in that regard.

There is entertainment on so many different levels. You can do just a few thrill rides and call it a day or spend the entire day wandering about the walking trails. The music and "street" performances are always a good time. The food options are pretty good (Nomad Lounge is a special favourite). Just the attention to detail in both the rides and the park. It's almost sad if the line for Expedition Everest is short because there's so much to see. It's a really immersive environment. They've done a great job with Pandora especially after dark.

AK is my favorite. I love the theme, the vibe, the shade, the attention to detail! The dining options are fun and unique. The rides, the animals, character meetings, the walking trails... all great! DeVine, Donald's DinoBash Dance party... I literally love the whole park. :laughing:

Everything! It’s the best park IMO.

I love how immersive it is. I love the food there. I love just exploring and getting lost. The animals and activities make it probably the most interactive park. It also has some of my favorite attractions in Flight of Passage and Everest.

The animals, the walking trails, Tusker House, the Lion King Show. Spending time in each land looking at all the details especially in Pandora.

I so enjoy AK for many of the reasons mentioned by PPs. It really does have a different feel, the animals are worth lingering over and the detail is fantastic.

A very simple activity last visit is one of my favorite WDW memories- DS11 and I spent time finding and identifying the animals carved on and around the Tree of Life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter