Big Fire at Universal Hollywood right now!

So sad that King Kong was lost and the clock tower saved. I actually visited the park last Sept and I have to say this was just a little part that was destroyed so if anyone thinks they should not take the tour please rethink because it is a huge lot with lots to see.

I wonder if Orlando still has Kong in their possession here. The last time I heard it was in storage. That would be cool if they can refurb him to use in the UH tram part again.

No, sadly, the big guy is gone. Long gone.

The LA Times is saying that Kong will not be rebuilt. An as-yet undecided new attraction will replace the big guy. As a long-time Kong attendant in Orlando, this just devastates me. I hadn't yet had the chance to see Kong in Hollywood, and hoped to do so this summer or next. Not sure I like the direction Universal has been going in for the past ten years. :mad:

We were scheduled to go to Universal last Sunday but had re-booked to go the next day...what a shock to see the news. Anyway, we re-booked again for Monday once we knew the park was open and had a great time.
Yes, there is a lot of damage. All of the New York area and King Kong are gone. It's really quite sad to see first hand. The tram tour however was still good. Instead of going through that area, the tram stopped so everyone could see the damage. There were still some hot areas when we were there so firefighters and security were on hand.
We were told that King Kong will not be rebuilt but replaced with something else.
Other than that, it was business as usual and we had a great day.

We were there the day before the fire, and being on vacation didn't hear about the fire until the Monday. Crazy that some of the things we were able to see are gone...I thought King Kong was very cool.

I can't imagine that the park was open while the fire was going, it must have been pretty rough in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter