• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Big Girls Only" A Sept 2015 PTR *Final PT Update 9/10/15*

Hey everyone!!
I sure hope Mother's Day was nice for you guys. We've had a fantastic few weeks in our house. Since I last updated we celebrated my very first Mother's Day in Orlando!! We didn't go to the parks but we did spend two wonderful days at AoA.
We booked a LM room but we got upgraded to a Cars Family Suite!!pixiedust:

We spent Saturday in the pool. It was DD first time swimming and she LOVED it!

We hung anround the quiet pool in front of the Cars building. The Big Blue Pool looked really cool but boy was it crowded!

The funiest thing happened after DD took a nap. Sis took DD into the pool again; she could not get enough of that water. As soon as sis and DD were at the steps a gaggle of children surrounded them! These kids could not stop ooing and aahhhing at DD! They literally followed sis as she floated DD around the pool; like the Pied Piper or something! It was a hoot!

Awww, it looks like you're little one loved the water!! It's so fun when they explore those new things!!

The resort is so cool! We walked the entire thing, stopped at all the sections for photos. Sadly I don't have any of them as they are still on the camera and my SO hasn't had time to upload them. If I knew anything about that machine I'd do it myself, but fear of breaking the expensive toy stops me from even trying! :scared:

We had dinner at GFC that night which was lovely. GF is such a beautiful resort. A little fancy for my taste, but I can appreciate it's grandeur :p

We all had a nice sleep that night then we had brunch on Mother's Day at Boma!

The place was a zoo. I should have known. The food was great though and the service was wonderful as always. I actually wanted to mention a special thing here. I have a dairy allergy, well DD has one and since she still nurses I basically have one. At both meals the chef came to the table and walked me through the menu. No big deal at GFC but at Boma the chef LITERALLY walked me from station to station showing me what had dairy in it and what didn't. He even made me dairy free Mickey Waffles!!! I can't think of another restaurant that has shown such care for my allergy, ever.

We spent the afternoon in DTD checking out the new shops and just walking around. I think the group favorite was the hat store.

Fun!! We have pics of DD in silly hats at nearly every vacation we've been on so we'll definitely have to check this out! We're planning a "Hats Around the World" photo challenge and hope to get a pic of her in some kind of traditional headwear in each country at WS.

Mama and my SO actually bought hats too!! Here is SO passed out on the car ride home, wearing his new hat!

We also added to DD's TsumTsum collection.

I'm pretty sure she thinks they're chew toys. We left Orlando about 4 pm and made it home with just one quick stop for dinner. Stitch was DD's pillow on the ride home.

It was a great little trip.

In life news Sis got a job at HS!pixiedust::love::flower1:

She started Traditions today. She will be working in the Sunset Blvd portion of the park (ToT, RnR, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic!) so if you see a pretty blond girl named Kat in that area say hi for me!! :love2:

I'm so glad she's in Florida!!
Fun!!! That is just the coolest thing. I'm really trying to gear DD toward a job at Disney in a few years so I'll have an excuse to go but alas, she hates heat and humidity so I'm not sure it will ever happen.

We made a few changes to our plans as well; we moved from CBR Preferred Room to a Garden View Room at POR. Saved about $300 on that one move. I'm excited to see POR; I hear it's beautiful. Hopefully we will be able to take the little boat over to DTD at least once while we are there.
The water taxi to DTD is a big selling point for me- I want to stay at POR so badly! We're doing a value this trip but I figure I'm bound to go with friends/family who are splitting the bill one day and then I'll get to stay there. :)

Our FP+ day will be here in July and I am at a loss. I've never used FP+ so I'm nervous about our selections. We all LOVE the mountains and thrill rides, but I don't want to wait in line for Peter Pan for the average 45 minutes. I know we won't see everything while we're there but I wanna do as much as possible. Any suggestions from you DIS Veterans is greatly appreciated!!

Well friends, that's all for now! I'll have another update once sis and I are able to chat about things; now that she's working again she's busy.

TTFN! :wave2:

Okay, my responses above are huge but I didn't want you to miss them. That shouldn't be an issue. :lmao:

I generally tell clients to go to Peter Pan at Rope Drop. Or book it as a FP+ and head to one of the mountains (whichever you don't choose) at Rope Drop. But if you use your FP+ for the mountains then you can do Peter Pan, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and It's a Small World, which are all relatively close together, and then head over to Haunted Mansion before that line gets long. I'm a big fan of scheduling the FP+ a few hours after I plan to be at the park and using the early morning to ride other things. If you're not a morning person you can ride this stuff at night before close but the lines aren't quite as short as they are in the morning. Another thing we like to do is ride during Wishes. We aren't huge fireworks people though and some people don't like that. Although if you like your fireworks loud and booming (my DH does) then Fantasyland is actually a great place to see them from. And everyone else is in front of the castle so the lines are shorter. :thumbsup2

Your DD is beautiful and your trip report is great.
I am a Mom of 2 teenage DD's and take my girls every yr in Sept :to Disney. My girls are close but am hoping as they grow older it does not change. Also hoping they will still love the mouse when they are older am secretly hoping they take over the Disney planning as soon as they can.
Disclosure: I live an hr from Disney

Do not worry about the time of yr you are going. Sept. is my favorite time of year to go. Last yr we went the wk after Labor Day and walked onto 7DMT.

Also if you have purchased 4 day hopper because of free dining package have you thought of upgrading to an AP?
I do not think it will cost much more to upgrade.

Congratulations to your Sis!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful First mother's day!

IMG_9660_zpsygim1ms3.jpg

Seriously can she BE ANY CUTER!!! I just love this picture!

In life news Sis got a job at HS

BEST NEWS EVER!!!! :banana: :jumping1:
Congrats!!! What a FUN place to be too!!!

so if you see a pretty blond girl named Kat in that area say hi for me!!

I hope to see her in November!!

I'm excited to see POR; I hear it's beautiful.

ohhhhhh It's beautiful!!

I know we won't see everything while we're there but I wanna do as much as possible. Any suggestions from you DIS Veterans is greatly appreciated!!

make FP selection for a little later in the afternoons do the main attractions first thing in the AM then once your three are over find a kiosk and make another!!

Hi! Sorry I'm way behind!

No need to apologize! Life is busy, I'm just glad you're here to read along, at any speed!:goodvibes

That is so cool that your sister will be working at HS! My dream job!

She's so excited! I haven't seen her this giddy about work stuff since she first moved to NYC after high school.

It sounds like a really lovely Mother's Day weekend! AOA is a great resort! And how awesome that you got upgraded to a family suite!

It was such a great trip. I nearly cried when Sarah told us we were being upgraded; I hugged her.:hug:

DD is just so stinking adorable! Her first trip to the parks is going to be amazing!

Thank you. I really can't wait. This trip is supposed to be just us big girls, but I kinda wanna bring DD along. My SO would not be pleased if he missed DD's first trip to WDW. :rolleyes:

And yay for free dining! And POR is one of my dream resorts - it looks so beautiful!

Honest to goodness, FD made this trip possible. We knew we would go no matter what, but the savings had allowed this to be a much more dream like trip than would have been possible without FD.

Isn't that just the most awesome thing ever?????? :banana:

It was so cool! In all the years I've gone to WDW that's really the first time we've been upgraded!

::yes:: Totally agree.

It really is gorgeous. I think I'd be afraid to dirty up the room after a full park day though.:scared:

Boma... zoo... I see what you did there. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I do love a bad joke!

They're great about that at the buffets there. My sister has an allergy and that's just how they do it at the buffets at Disney World. The chef always comes out, walks her through the buffet line and then usually they offer to make something specially for her if there's anything else she wants. They're fantastic about it.

It was just that extra little Disney touch. It made me feel so great. Usually an allergy or dietary needs makes me feel like a burden, not this time!

Sounds great! Does she know what she'll be doing in that area? Rides? Food? Custodial?

She'll be in ride operations. She actually starts this Friday at Beauty and the Beast!:tongue:

I don't think it will be as bad as you think. MK shouldn't be a big problem, really. 7DMT and A&E are the ones that need to be booked at 60 days if you want them. But most of the others will have availability on the day of. What I'd do... and actually what we did, was book MK FP+ for early in the day. Basically so we could hit one ride at RD and then have 3 FP+ to use within the first 3 hours of park opening... and then we could make more!
I'd probably do FP+ for like 7DMT, PP, and something else close by or maybe Space? I think the time of year you're going, you might be able to grab a 4th FP+ for BTMRR, or if not the wait shouldn't be horrible. MK really is a lot easier than the other parks because there are so many attractions that offer FP+ that they don't all go quite as fast as they do at the other parks.

Thanks Andy! I'm sure you're right about the time of year. It's just so new! And as a hard core planner that's frightening! I know we'll get some good stuff. Fact is I remember WDW before FP existed at all; we can handle a few long lines.

Looks like you had an amazing Mother's Day trip!

It was very special, for many reasons.:cloud9:

A cars suite upgrade, how awesome!

It was so cool! All the touches in every room were perfect!

Your DD looks so happy to be in the water, great pictures!

She was like a little fish!

That's really neat about the Chef at Boma going the extra mile to make sure you had a good meal.

That's Disney!:love:

Haha, love the hat photos!

:thumbsup2

Congrats to your sister, that is so awesome!!!!

Thanks! I'm so happy she's happy!!

I too am so lost on the FP+, I don't even want to think about it.

Its a scary one for me, new and foreign territory!

Congrats on upgrading to POR, I hear it is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I've heard the same! It's our first time at a MOD in a long time so I'm pumped!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend get away and your first Mother's Day. :goodvibes

Thanks Kathy! It was a great time.:angel:

I did NOT know there was a new hat store. I must hit that with my hat loving hubby.

Mark would LOVE it!! As would his many adoring fans I'm sure. No Disney hats though, just funky regular ones.

Love that the chef at Boma's was so helpful with you.

It really made the meals extra special! I was grateful.::yes::

Your daughter is growing so fast...and she is a beauty.

Thanks you! I feel as though she was born, I blinked and now she's coming close to being a year old! It goes much too fast. But we've enjoyed every bit of it!:hug:

I would take advantage of the baby swap as much as you can for the rides.

Trouble is we won't have a baby to swap; DD is staying home with her daddy for this trip. I wonder if I could pass sis off as a baby...:scratchin

Okay, my responses above are huge but I didn't want you to miss them. That shouldn't be an issue. :lmao:

I generally tell clients to go to Peter Pan at Rope Drop. Or book it as a FP+ and head to one of the mountains (whichever you don't choose) at Rope Drop. But if you use your FP+ for the mountains then you can do Peter Pan, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh, and It's a Small World, which are all relatively close together, and then head over to Haunted Mansion before that line gets long. I'm a big fan of scheduling the FP+ a few hours after I plan to be at the park and using the early morning to ride other things. If you're not a morning person you can ride this stuff at night before close but the lines aren't quite as short as they are in the morning. Another thing we like to do is ride during Wishes. We aren't huge fireworks people though and some people don't like that. Although if you like your fireworks loud and booming (my DH does) then Fantasyland is actually a great place to see them from. And everyone else is in front of the castle so the lines are shorter. :thumbsup2

I'm still figuring out this multi quote thing, so forgive me for not doing it properly!

DD was like a tiny fish! It was adorable!

We had a blast in that hat store! When I went to Epcot in 2011 we ran into a group of guys on a hat ecpedition in WS. We got some photos with the,; about 7 guys with different hats on. Your DD will be adorable in all those hats!pirate::firefight

Yeah! yeah, if she's not a fan of wet warm air Orlando is likely not the right spot to settle in for a job. We live in Miami and the heat here isn't so bad as O-town!

I can't wait to see POR! The water taxis were what initially attracted me to the resort.

Thanks for the tips! Fireworks are a HUGE thing for us. We actually stopped in front of MK on our mini vacation to let DD see the fireworks. I was even considering a FP for them on our last MK night. Since we like rope drop I'm figuring that'll be primo ride time for us, maybe a breK in the afternoon then back in the evenings!

Your DD is beautiful and your trip report is great.

Thank you and :welcome: Glad to have you here!

I am a Mom of 2 teenage DD's and take my girls every yr in Sept :to Disney. My girls are close but am hoping as they grow older it does not change. Also hoping they will still love the mouse when they are older am secretly hoping they take over the Disney planning as soon as they can.
Disclosure: I live an hr from Disney

Sisters are the best! If they're anything like sis and me the love of the mouse will continue on. We have a love of Disney like no other; it's our happy place!:flower1:

Do not worry about the time of yr you are going. Sept. is my favorite time of year to go. Last yr we went the wk after Labor Day and walked onto 7DMT.

I love hearing that! I don't expect too many walk on rides, but I'm hoping to not have to wait more than 20-30 minutes for any of the E ticket rides.

Also if you have purchased 4 day hopper because of free dining package have you thought of upgrading to an AP?
I do not think it will cost much more to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice! I'd love an annual pass, but my SO isn't so into it. Plus with sis working in the parks she has passes she will let us use should we visit...:sunny:

Congratulations to your Sis!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful First mother's day!

It really was great. Gonna be a hard one to beat!

Seriously can she BE ANY CUTER!!! I just love this picture!

She loves those little guys! I actually thought about your kids the other night; DD has 5 Stitch toys as of now and I may order her a Scrump doll I saw on etsy.:stitch:
BEST NEWS EVER!!!! :banana: :jumping1:
Congrats!!! What a FUN place to be too!!!

She's so pumped. She called me today complaining that her first day is at Beauty and the Beast; she wanted it to be at ToT. She hates that ride, or at least she did. She made me promise to buy her a Mickey ice cream bar after we ride ToT in September, how quickly things change!

I hope to see her in November!!

That'd be so fun! As soon as she sends me a pic of herself in costume I'll post it!

ohhhhhh It's beautiful!!

I can't wait to see it!

make FP selection for a little later in the afternoons do the main attractions first thing in the AM then once your three are over find a kiosk and make another!!

Thanks Mo! I know we'll ride a bunch of stuff no matter what! just wanna get as much in as we can!:earboy2::earboy2::earboy2:

Hi Mary!!! I just caught up on your report!!

I loved reading your introduction...your family is so cute. I love how close you are with your mom & sister! Also your SO is a sweet heart watching your DD while you take your dream WDW trip! Your DD is so so so sweet & cute! I absolutely:lovestruc LOVE her name! I hope you had a wonderful first mothers day!!

You are checking in the day we leave! (If I got the dates right?!) Sept 13th? We are in a graden view at POR too! Maybe we'll run into each other!

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother- My Grandma on my moms side has lewie-body dementia which has similar symptoms to Alzheimer's- its hard but I'm glad you got to spend time with your Grandparents!

:yay:Yay for your Sister starting work at HS!!! That is so exciting! I see many more WDW trips in your future now :thumbsup2

Your quick trip for Mothers Day at AOA seemed wonderful!

Looking forward to following along!

Hi Mary!!! I just caught up on your report!!

:welcome:So glad to have you here!

I loved reading your introduction...your family is so cute. I love how close you are with your mom & sister! Also your SO is a sweet heart watching your DD while you take your dream WDW trip! Your DD is so so so sweet & cute! I absolutely:lovestruc LOVE her name! I hope you had a wonderful first mothers day!!

Thanks! We are kinda fond of each other; mama, sis and me are like the three musketeers really. That's why my SO agreed to watch DD; he knows how much this trip means to us girls. Believe me he is getting nervous about it now!!

You are checking in the day we leave! (If I got the dates right?!) Sept 13th? We are in a graden view at POR too! Maybe we'll run into each other!

I saw that on your PTR. I do hope we run into you guys; that'd be my first DISmeet... Does that count? A chance run in? Either way! It'd be fun to meet you two in person. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother- My Grandma on my moms side has lewie-body dementia which has similar symptoms to Alzheimer's- its hard but I'm glad you got to spend time with your Grandparents!

Illness is never easy. It was a very nice trip though, and we are trying to go back before the end of the year. I hope your grandmother is well.

:yay:Yay for your Sister starting work at HS!!! That is so exciting! I see many more WDW trips in your future now :thumbsup2

So, So, So many trips in the future! Sis is already planning many of them!:earboy2:

Your quick trip for Mothers Day at AOA seemed wonderful!

It was! AoA is on our radar for when DD gets a bit bigger. If that resort existed when I was a kid I wouldn't have wanted to stay any where else!

Looking forward to following along!

Yay!! Thanks so much for reading along with us!:smickey:

Hey everyone! I hope you're all enjoying some nice spring time weather; it's always sunny in Miami, but we have had an extra hot spring. I'm sure summer will be pretty brutal if its only early June and already getting up into the 90s. Guess DD will need more visits to the pool! :beach:
Now to the good stuff, the DISNEY stuff!:stitch2:

I won't go into our daily touring plans just yet; while we have a general idea of how we will navigate the parks our FP+ options will weigh heavily on our "finalized" plans. Really we just want to have a general direction for each park, so as to avoid park crossing :sad2:. Especially Animal Kingdom. See, since it's been 10 years since we've all been to WDW together mama and sis haven't been to AK since 2005... Needless to say there is a lot they haven't yet seen! :sunny:

Day One:
September 12, 20115 Saturday
This is mama and my travel day. we both have to work in the morning, and mama has an event until 6 PM. The plan is that I'll get the rental when I leave work at 4; we don't like to put the mileage on our personal cars since we drive then so much every day. Then mama will come to my house after work and off we will go! We have the express toll lanes in Miami so getting on the road in traffic is a breeze, generally :teleport:. We should arrive at sis's place around 10 PM, then it's straight to bed cause we will be up early!

Day Two:
September 13, 2015 Sunday
We will wake up in beautiful Orlando, FL:flower:! We want to be heading to POR by 6/6:30 AM. We will check-in, leave our bags (unless by some miracle our room is ready) and grab a bite before we head to Magic Kingdom!!!
FP+ (In desired order)
1. 7DMT
2. Peter Pan
3. BTMRR
We may get a FP+ for Splash rather than Peter Pan just cause I want to see the new detail in the line. I figure if we get there early we will have a minimal wait.

Day Three:
September 14, 2015 Monday
This will be our jam packed AK day!
FP+
1. Dinosaur

2. EVEREST
3. Festival of the Lion King at 2 PM

Here's the thing, we have a lunch ADR at TH at 1 PM. I figured if we went a little early maybe they'd let us in a little early (I may actually try for a 12:30), it'd be about an hour to eat and the FP+ guarantees us seats for FotLK. But maybe I'm cutting it too tight...:confused3?

Day Four:
September 15, 2015 Tuesday
It's our party day!!! Our very first MNSSHP!! We have no plans for the day until our ADR at Kona at 2 PM. I'd like to grab all three FP+ that we are allowed, if that's possible... pixiedust:
FP+
1. 7DMT
2. Haunted Mansion
3. BTMRR

Day Four:

September
16, 2015
This is our HS day! I know we will be at the party late, but I'm confident we will be able to make rope drop. Truth is we HAVE to make rope drop for our touring plans to work properly; the plan as of now is to book it back to TSMM and FP+ RnR, mostly just cause I hear the line at TSMM is really fun and cute, but the one at RnR is not.
FP+
1. Star Tours
2. ToT
3. RnR

Day Five:
September 17, 2015
This is our last park day :sad1: and we will be spending it at MK:bitelip:! There are early morning EMH on this day and I know that can mean a busy day, but we are going to risk it. Mostly just cause I love the idea of book-ending the trip with MK days! No plans for an out of park break at all today. If we need a nap we can go into Country Bears (I thoroughly dislike this show; I used to cry when my step mother made me watch it with my little cousins :() or take the train all the way around the park.
FP+
1. Space Mountain
2. Undecided (I know)
3. WISHES
Now that WISHES one has had some controversy' in our group. I've read that its a good spot to see the Castle show and the fireworks, so since our ADR at BoG is at 6:35 I thought it'd be a good idea; I want a good spot and I don't know if we will be able to nab one at 8 PM when we will likely be in the area after dinner. BUT this means there is no possibility for extra FP+... Rough, I know.

I am TOTALLY open to suggestion, seriously:thumbsup2. I'm a rookie with this FP+ system; Sis has given me her info for her CM Main Gate pass so that I can play with the booking system before our actual date (
JULY 15TH!!!) but I'm still nervous!

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!! TTFN friends!:tigger:

Loved reading about your trip plans! And your DD is super precious! I am in the middle of planning a girl's trip for September. My cousin and I are both Disney Fanatics and this is our "Trip of a Lifetime" too! So this post is right up my alley! I will be following for updates! :smickey:

I won't go into our daily touring plans just yet; while we have a general idea of how we will navigate the parks our FP+ options will weigh heavily on our "finalized" plans. Really we just want to have a general direction for each park, so as to avoid park crossing :sad2:.
This is definitely a good idea. I always go in thinking we're going to do it this way, yet we still end up criss crossing the parks. :rotfl2:

This is mama and my travel day. we both have to work in the morning, and mama has an event until 6 PM. The plan is that I'll get the rental when I leave work at 4; we don't like to put the mileage on our personal cars since we drive then so much every day.
I've done that before too. Sometimes worth it to rent a car for a week if you're going to be racking up the miles.

We will wake up in beautiful Orlando, FL:flower:! We want to be heading to POR by 6/6:30 AM. We will check-in, leave our bags (unless by some miracle our room is ready) and grab a bite before we head to Magic Kingdom!!!
Love the early start! I hope you have a seamless check in process.

We may get a FP+ for Splash rather than Peter Pan just cause I want to see the new detail in the line. I figure if we get there early we will have a minimal wait.
I like that idea. But it really depends on how confident you are that you can get up early and get to the park at rope drop. If you can, I'd definitely just go to PP first and check out the queue as you walk through. But I don't care how great the queue is, I wouldn't want to wait 45 minutes or an hour if you can't get there early enough.

Here's the thing, we have a lunch ADR at TH at 1 PM. I figured if we went a little early maybe they'd let us in a little early (I may actually try for a 12:30), it'd be about an hour to eat and the FP+ guarantees us seats for FotLK. But maybe I'm cutting it too tight...:confused3?
Is the FP+ for a 2pm show or is that the arrival window? If the show is 2PM, you'll have to arrive probably at least 10 minutes before the actual show time or they won't let you in even if you have the FP+. It could be cutting it close, but it will help that TH is a buffet. You can always just tell your server right away that you're going to be in a hurry so that you can make that show and get the bill settled right away. Then you can just grab your plates and then get up and go whenever you need to.

I know, I probably didn't help any, but a few things to think about.

It's our party day!!! Our very first MNSSHP!! We have no plans for the day until our ADR at Kona at 2 PM. I'd like to grab all three FP+ that we are allowed, if that's possible... pixiedust:
I've heard 7DMT is awesome after dark... I'd totally try to shoot for the last hour before MNSSHP starts to get that one. I assume it will at least be kind of dark if you ride it like right before 7pm.

Truth is we HAVE to make rope drop for our touring plans to work properly; the plan as of now is to book it back to TSMM and FP+ RnR, mostly just cause I hear the line at TSMM is really fun and cute, but the one at RnR is not.
Totally agree. I think the usual thought process on the boards is to FP+ TSMM and use single rider for RnRC. But Single Rider seems to be closed frequently anymore. I know it was when we were there and I've seen where that strategy has bit some others. As long as you make RD, this seems like a solid plan.

There are early morning EMH on this day and I know that can mean a busy day, but we are going to risk it. Mostly just cause I love the idea of book-ending the trip with MK days!
I'd do the same, myself.

If we need a nap we can go into Country Bears (I thoroughly dislike this show; I used to cry when my step mother made me watch it with my little cousins :()
No. Just no. I'm done here. :rolleyes1

Now that WISHES one has had some controversy' in our group. I've read that its a good spot to see the Castle show and the fireworks, so since our ADR at BoG is at 6:35 I thought it'd be a good idea; I want a good spot and I don't know if we will be able to nab one at 8 PM when we will likely be in the area after dinner. BUT this means there is no possibility for extra FP+... Rough, I know.
Definitely a tough call. One of FP+'s most redeeming qualities is the extra FP+ in MK. I mean if you don't have that third one tied up with Wishes, you'll be able to ride all kinds of things all day long with minimal waits. I'd have a hard time tying up an FP+ for Wishes, but then again, I've not been since the new FP+ viewing areas have gone in so I have no idea how crowded non FP viewing areas get now or what kind of availability there is for getting a decent view close to show time. Definitely a tough call. Maybe your sister could head over with her CM pass and scout things out one evening?

Loved reading about your trip plans! And your DD is super precious! I am in the middle of planning a girl's trip for September. My cousin and I are both Disney Fanatics and this is our "Trip of a Lifetime" too! So this post is right up my alley! I will be following for updates! :smickey:

Well hello! :wave::welcome: Glad to have you along! How exciting about your girls trip too! If you're doing a PTR or a TR let me know please; I'd love to follow along. :goodvibes

This is definitely a good idea. I always go in thinking we're going to do it this way, yet we still end up criss crossing the parks. :rotfl2:

I think I can say, with a good bit of confidence, that we too will be criss-crossing all over the park. Planning is all well and go, but until you're there you really can't say how the day will go. :p

I've done that before too. Sometimes worth it to rent a car for a week if you're going to be racking up the miles.

Since public transportation doesn't exist in Miami, and it's such a spread out city, Mama and I both drive a lot. It just makes better sense to pay the rental, and not have to worry about another oil change, tire rotation, fluid check, etc. before the trip.

Love the early start! I hope you have a seamless check in process.

Thanks for the pixiedust:

I like that idea. But it really depends on how confident you are that you can get up early and get to the park at rope drop. If you can, I'd definitely just go to PP first and check out the queue as you walk through. But I don't care how great the queue is, I wouldn't want to wait 45 minutes or an hour if you can't get there early enough.

We are all early risers; Mama is usually up and antsy by 5 AM and that's in every day life. Imagine how she will be when she's super excited to be in WDW?! :rolleyes: Yeah, I love PP, but I won't wait more than maybe 20 minutes in line for that ride. When SO and I went in Feb 2012 we waited 60 minutes and I swore I'd never do it again. We'll see if my tune changes when we take DD :rolleyes1

Is the FP+ for a 2pm show or is that the arrival window?

I have no clue! I don't know how FP+ works for the shows. That's actually Sis's job at Beauty and the Beast (she monitors the FP+ area) once she has a better understanding of the system I'm hoping she'll teach me the ways :yoda:

If the show is 2PM, you'll have to arrive probably at least 10 minutes before the actual show time or they won't let you in even if you have the FP+. It could be cutting it close, but it will help that TH is a buffet. You can always just tell your server right away that you're going to be in a hurry so that you can make that show and get the bill settled right away. Then you can just grab your plates and then get up and go whenever you need to.

I know, I probably didn't help any, but a few things to think about.

As soon as I read this I nabbed a 12:25 PM ADR for TH instead :teeth:

I've heard 7DMT is awesome after dark... I'd totally try to shoot for the last hour before MNSSHP starts to get that one. I assume it will at least be kind of dark if you ride it like right before 7pm.

I've heard the same! BTMRR is awesome after dark so I bet 7DMT is too. I seriously can't wait to ride that one, day or night!:thumbsup2

Totally agree. I think the usual thought process on the boards is to FP+ TSMM and use single rider for RnRC. But Single Rider seems to be closed frequently anymore. I know it was when we were there and I've seen where that strategy has bit some others. As long as you make RD, this seems like a solid plan.

Sis and I really talked about this one. I've been to HS since TSMM was opened and I've never ridden it cause the wait was always crazy. When SO and I went in 2012 we couldn't get a Legacy FP for it cause by 10 AM they were gone for the day! Rope Drop is a key component in this entire trip. While we are morning people I have fears.:faint:

I'd do the same, myself.

It just seems like the right thing to do!

No. Just no. I'm done here. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:I know, I'm awful.

Definitely a tough call. One of FP+'s most redeeming qualities is the extra FP+ in MK. I mean if you don't have that third one tied up with Wishes, you'll be able to ride all kinds of things all day long with minimal waits. I'd have a hard time tying up an FP+ for Wishes, but then again, I've not been since the new FP+ viewing areas have gone in so I have no idea how crowded non FP viewing areas get now or what kind of availability there is for getting a decent view close to show time. Definitely a tough call. Maybe your sister could head over with her CM pass and scout things out one evening?

Thankfully I still have some time to research this one. I wish I could see where the FP+ area is in the new hub, or at least know how done the hub will be. So much to consider!:eek:

Holy guacamole!!
I have been so busy at work when I checked my countdown today I saw this and nearly yelled out loud:

We are in double digits people!!!! I can't wait!!!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a happy Monday to you tomorrow.

YAY DOUBLE DIGITS!!! We just reached the under 90 mark and I feel like its going to come so fast now!

Since you are checking in so early at POR, we really might see each other!

I really need to get on making touring plans so I have an idea of what times I want the fast passes for. We will do the same thing as you with Hollywood Studios & rush to toy story mania! We did this last year, and didn't know exactly where it was so we were wondering around at first and we didn't wait more than 10 minutes! :thumbsup2

We also are book ending our trip with MK! We have the opposite happening I think....we're doing MK on Labor day as our first day and I think that will be busy...then MK our last day has Night of Joy so since it closes early, it probably won't be so busy.

Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

Yuor plans sound great. If you can get to Peter Pan first thing, I'd do standby (as indicated in my current TR, the new queue is awesome).

I think your FP selections are good ones. If you want to see the new parade (which I hear is marvelous and I will FINALLY see next month), I'd get a FP for that. Otherwise, they all look great.

And I'm here to :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer: for being in double digits.

I don't know how I never saw your PTR before! Well I just read all the way through it, I am obviously really busy at work today.:rolleyes:

Love your DD, she is such a cutie-pie!!! :love:

Your first Mother's Day sounded fabulous! I want mine like that next year....:rolleyes1

Your plans sound so great for your September trip!!!

YAY DOUBLE DIGITS!!! We just reached the under 90 mark and I feel like its going to come so fast now!

Under 90?!?! Oh my goodness!!:Pinkbounc I can't believe we're getting THAT close!!

Since you are checking in so early at POR, we really might see each other!

We're following your lead on the room request (although I doubt our room will be ready at 6 AM) but we could totally run into each other in te Mill, if you guys are up early on your last day.

I really need to get on making touring plans so I have an idea of what times I want the fast passes for. We will do the same thing as you with Hollywood Studios & rush to toy story mania! We did this last year, and didn't know exactly where it was so we were wondering around at first and we didn't wait more than 10 minutes! :thumbsup2

Easy Walt Disney World has these great printable maps and suggested touring plans. I sat with the maps over dinner a few nights and tried to get a feel for the parks. So much has changed since my last visit I knew it'd be easy to get lost. Great to hear about TSMM; sis is a little concerned that we will be waiting in line forever. She keeps telling me "the average wait for that is 120 minutes right now!" new CM and she knows it all already!:rotfl:

We also are book ending our trip with MK! We have the opposite happening I think....we're doing MK on Labor day as our first day and I think that will be busy...then MK our last day has Night of Joy so since it closes early, it probably won't be so busy.

MK is my favorite park, and feels the most "Disney" to me, so it makes sense to me to start and end there. Although, every time I go our last, last day we always spend in DTD shopping! I hope Labor day isn't too bad. I hear a lot of folks use that day to travel so maybe you'll get lucky and the evening wont be crazy, at the very least. pixiedust:

Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

:goodvibes

Woohoo! It's about that time where it gets real!

:cool1::thumbsup2:banana:

Did you say "happy Monday?" Are you for real? This is some kind of a joke, right?

:lmao:I love Mondays; they are my first day off for the week!

Yuor plans sound great. If you can get to Peter Pan first thing, I'd do standby (as indicated in my current TR, the new queue is awesome).

That exactly why I wanted to skip the FP, I really wanna see the queue! Same with 7DMT. I'm hoping we are able to hop on that one early one day and see the queue without a terrible wait. Fingers crossed!

I think your FP selections are good ones. If you want to see the new parade (which I hear is marvelous and I will FINALLY see next month), I'd get a FP for that. Otherwise, they all look great.

I thought about that but MO said in her TR that the FP area was right in the Florida sun. Being from South Florida I do love our eternal summer, but I don't know if I can handle that much of it. :faint:

And I'm here to :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer: for being in double digits.

Woo hoo!! I'm so pumped!!:hyper:

I don't know how I never saw your PTR before! Well I just read all the way through it, I am obviously really busy at work today.:rolleyes:

:welcome: So glad you're joining in!! I do most of my DISing when the office is slow too...

Love your DD, she is such a cutie-pie!!! :love:

Thank you! She's a wild little baby, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Your first Mother's Day sounded fabulous! I want mine like that next year....:rolleyes1

It was great! I have a few ideas on how to drop the Disney hint for your DH! :teeth:

Your plans sound so great for your September trip!!!

Thanks! This trip has been many years in the making, here's hoping it all goes off without a hitch!pixiedust:

Love all your plans!!! (Slowly catching up around the dis)
and YAY on your double digit! Lets dance!!!
tumblr_lz96rgbddc1r8mbqlo1_500.gif

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Thanks Mo! We're dancing over here too!!:dancer: (really any excuse to use that guy)

And take your time; catching up on here can be a daunting task! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter