• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Big Girls Only" A Sept 2015 PTR *Final PT Update 9/10/15*

I am SERIOUSLY late to this party, but i'm here now, caught up, and ready for more!

Better late than never!! A big :welcome: To you!!

your DD is gorgeous! and your plans all sound great!

Thank you!! She's my favorite thing. :lovestruc We are super excited. Every time I talk to sis I ask her if it's September yet!

Very glad to have you here.

Love your plans!

Thanks!

Hooray for double digits :stitch:, it feels so close now!

Super close now! I mean FP day is in like a week!:eek::faint::hyper:

I just wanted to pop in to say hi...and making sure I've not missed anything.

Hi Kathy!! I hope you're having fun these days!

Nothing to report today, waiting on FP day (Wednesday) then I'll have an update for you guys!

Hello everyone!! :wave:
Sorry I've been absent; lots going on here. I got a promotion, but I'm at anew store now, an hour north of my house! The commute is brutal; if you've ever read any traffic poles you know South Florida has some of the worst traffic ever! So, we are moving north. Not too far, about an hour, to be nearer to my work. Moving stinks, but it's worse under time restraints and with a little beeb. PLUS DD will be one in September and I'm having to plan a shindig for her. I'm thinking a Pooh Party, he's her favorite.

In Disney news we are 55 days from trip!:dancer:

The excitement is too much now. And with all this life stuff going on, it's going by so very fast!!

FP day was a breeze. Sis is a pro now and was super helpful. We got all the rides we wanted, with only 1 or 2 time changes desired. We are keeping our eyes open for a few more desirable times. Here's what we got:

Sunday 9-13
Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan 10:50 am-11:50 am
Space Mountain 11:50 am-12:50 PM

7DMT 8 PM-9 pm (we're trying for an earlier one)

Monday 9-13
Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur 10:00 am-11:00 am
Everest 11:10 am-12:10 pm
FotLK 1:30-1:50 for the 2 PM show

Tuesday 9-14
MNSSHP
HM 3:00 PM-4:00 PM (I don't think we will make this one)
Space 4:00 PM-5:00 PM
7DMT 5:10 PM-6:10 PM

Wednesday 9-15
Hollywood Studios
Star Tours 12:20 PM-1:20 PM
ToT 12:25 PM-1:25 PM
RNRC 1:25 PM-2:25 PM

Thursday 9-16
Magic Kingdom
HM 11:20 am-12:20 PM
BTMRR 12:30 PM-1:30 PM
Wishes 8:40 PM-8:55 PM

And that's that! I'll be back soon with our Daily Touring Plans, if I can find the time!!

Thanks so much for following along friends. And if you have a report I'm following, I assure you I'm reading, although I may not be commenting so much. I read on my phone but commenting from there is a real pain!!

Ttfn!

Just joining in :). We are arriving the 18th so I'm up for FP+ tonight and it's great to hear you got pretty much everything. I've been a little stressed about what to pick and when but I think it will all work out one way or another.
I've read through the birth of your daughter, Halloween, new jobs... Congrats on it all! Elora is beautiful.
Hope you have a wonderful girls trip!

Congrats on your promotion!!! FANTASTIC!!!!
Hey Moving can be a plus. I hope your closer to Disney then???

YAY 55 days! and a 1st BIRTHDAY!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh Lord, I got hopelessly behind! Okay, your DD is so stinkin cute! What a fun little Mother's Day weekend trip. That picture with all the kids surrounding DD in the pool is so cute.

So awesome about the chef at BOMA walking you through everything.

Congrats to your sis! I'll be sure to look for her next month!

So awesome for free dining! We got it on the bounce back next year, but it can save so much money. Sorry you won't be at CBR anymore (you know I love it), but POR will be awesome! That's where we'll be this year too, and I'm so looking forward to it.

Your plans all look great. Don't give up on an earlier 7DMT time! We booked our FP+ last month and got a good time for it, but some friends are going with us, but they are only staying 2 days and off property, so they couldn't make their ressies until today, and they scored one in the same window we have, so keep checking!

I'm still considering doing a PTR if nothing else to share the girls' reactions when we break the news to them. They still don't know! We're just waiting on the Magic Bands to arrive and then we'll tell them.

Yay! I am so glad your FP plans worked out!! It a good thing they aren't perfect, if they were, what would you have to tinker with until the trip gets here!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the promotion, but sorry about the hassle and having to move. I hear how you feel on that. We are moving in 94 days to our "temporary" home (and I have a 15 day trip to Florida BEFORE that) and then packing up for the official move to Florida next year. It's horrendous; I can't imagine how you are doing it with a baby too.

Great job on the FP+ selection...glad it all worked out.

Just checking in! I'm sure life is crazy with the move, new position, life with almost one year old!

Just joining in :). We are arriving the 18th so I'm up for FP+ tonight and it's great to hear you got pretty much everything. I've been a little stressed about what to pick and when but I think it will all work out one way or another.
I've read through the birth of your daughter, Halloween, new jobs... Congrats on it all! Elora is beautiful.
Hope you have a wonderful girls trip!

Welcome aboard!!!

I hope your FP+ selection went well. I was stressing our night, but my sis was a great help!

Thanks! 2015 has been a really great year!

Congrats on your promotion!!! FANTASTIC!!!!
Hey Moving can be a plus. I hope your closer to Disney then???

YAY 55 days! and a 1st BIRTHDAY!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks!! We will be closer, by one hour!!

I'm so psyched for both, although there has been a lot of stress these last few weeks...

Oh Lord, I got hopelessly behind! Okay, your DD is so stinkin cute! What a fun little Mother's Day weekend trip. That picture with all the kids surrounding DD in the pool is so cute.

So awesome about the chef at BOMA walking you through everything.

Congrats to your sis! I'll be sure to look for her next month!

So awesome for free dining! We got it on the bounce back next year, but it can save so much money. Sorry you won't be at CBR anymore (you know I love it), but POR will be awesome! That's where we'll be this year too, and I'm so looking forward to it.

Your plans all look great. Don't give up on an earlier 7DMT time! We booked our FP+ last month and got a good time for it, but some friends are going with us, but they are only staying 2 days and off property, so they couldn't make their ressies until today, and they scored one in the same window we have, so keep checking!

I'm still considering doing a PTR if nothing else to share the girls' reactions when we break the news to them. They still don't know! We're just waiting on the Magic Bands to arrive and then we'll tell them.

How have you kept this a secret?!?! Please post a video; I bet their reactions will be fantastic!

Yay! I am so glad your FP plans worked out!! It a good thing they aren't perfect, if they were, what would you have to tinker with until the trip gets here!! :thumbsup2

I totally could not agree more! Although I haven't had a lot of time to tinker on anything!!

Congratulations on the promotion, but sorry about the hassle and having to move. I hear how you feel on that. We are moving in 94 days to our "temporary" home (and I have a 15 day trip to Florida BEFORE that) and then packing up for the official move to Florida next year. It's horrendous; I can't imagine how you are doing it with a baby too.

Great job on the FP+ selection...glad it all worked out.

Moving is the worst. And I know you guys have been in your home for quite some time, so I can only imagine what you're finding!! And we have hit a pretty major hiccup, but we'll get to that piece...

Just checking in! I'm sure life is crazy with the move, new position, life with almost one year old!

Thanks for popping in! We are good, very busy and dealing with a crapy situation.

So here is a quick life update:

We don't know where we will be moving to come September...

See we had a place, had a contract to lease, and we waited and waited to hear back from the owner. No word, so we told them we would be looking elsewhere. They called to assure us we had the apartment and that we had no need to look else where. Cool right? Wrong. Suddenly they declined our offer and declined to say why... This was now July 23rd; we were supposed to move August 1st. Thankfully our landlord is a nice guy and is letting us stay through August 21st. We found another apartment, but the association is very thorough; they literally go through ever detail of your life, and take "up to 30 days." Meaning that no earlier than August 31st (and possibly later than that) will we know if we can actually move into the apartment. We plan to stay with friends the last week of August. but man, this is pretty much the most stressful situation I've ever been in. Our plan B if we don't actually get the apartment is to stay with my dad for a while; he has an in-law quarters off his house. But he lives in West Palm Beach which is close to three hours from my SO's job. Having just the one car does not make that commute easy. Needless to say, this is pretty much the most stressful situation I've ever been in.

I know that everything will work out as it's supposed to buy if I ever needed a vacation to Disney this is the time!

I am so way behind on everyone's TRs and PTRs but I will do my very best to get caught up; the DIS is a great place to escape and I need a little of that right now.

That's all for now kids! Here's hoping that my next update will be rejoicing about our new home! I hope you guys are all doing great!

Oh, I'm so sorry! How stressful and horrible. I really hope everything works out and quickly. But you do have a super special Disney trip that's coming up so very soon!

Man, that does sound like the worst move ever! Fingers crossed that the association approves you early and moving is quick and painless! And without any extra moves in and out with others

How stressful! I hope it all works out and you are in your new place soon.

We did tell the girls about 3 weeks ago. I need to get the video from Jason! Needless to say, they are VERY excited.

Oh sweetie, so sorry to hear about all this stress with the move. That has to just be awful. And I want to go kick the management of that first apartment's rear end for you.

I hope everything works out...and very soon for you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter