Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

I have several friends that apparently didn't know about Pottermore until today, and then were ticked that registration is closed until October, when it will be available to everyone. It really is awesome though-so many extra details. And of course, now I've been officially sorted-something I've wanted since age 9! :rotfl:

You're welcome! I for one don't find the Splash Mountain music relaxing-it's repetitive and annoys me after a few minutes. But that's great that you've got a meditation list! My Disney parks playlist is about 5 hours long. :laughing:

I love pumpkin too (obviously)! And if I remember to ask for the latte with skim milk and no whipped cream, it's only 5 points for a tall. :thumbsup2 The pumpkin bread is still 11 points though. :sad2:

I wish I could do coffee, but it makes me sick with my crohn's. Shakes on the other hand :rolleyes:

Pumpkin bread sounds yummy too. I must have like 30 different pumpkin recipes. Maybe I should dig through them.

DD is anxiously awaiting the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin muffins.

I wonder if they are out? My sister said the apple cider ones are out already.

Ds starts school tomorrow, and we just have a few errands to do today and he wants to go to monster mini-golf. Then football tonight. I hope they cancel if it rains, but I don't know how serious this is going to get. It's a scrimmage in Amesbury, about 25 min from here. I got lazy and didn't cook yesterday, and we had cereal for dinner. We need to leave for football at 4:30, so I'm going to cook a late lunch/early dinner at 2ish. I definitely need to make a good plan each week to cover the football practices. This week, I don't go back to work til thurs, so it's easy, but once I'm working, I don't want to fall into bad fast food habits. Once I get back to work and see my schedule, I'll make a plan for my early days to make a big dinner with plenty of leftovers.

Good luck tomorrow. My friend called earlier to say she spent $50 on school supplies for her 9 year old. She said they asked each kid to buy hand sanitizer and wipes. Guess that's the new thing :confused3

I was very much op today and just did my 2 mile walk, so now it's time for a little work. Hope everyone had a nice Tuesday.

QOTD Tuesday September 6, 2011:

Can you find 10 items around the house to get rid of ?

I could find 10 items a day for the next 6 months, I bet. :scared1:

Until it is sold, I am living in my late mother's home. Just me and two cats living in 11 rooms, with an attic, a garage and a full basement. Needless to say, there are lots of places to squirrel stuff away and still not look cluttered. I have to get on the ball with de-cluttering and should really do it now and not be under the gun when the house eventually sells and I have to pack up.

- Laura

What a busy day! And, it's almost time for me to go to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow:sad2: Work from 7-2, home at 3, DS to ortho at 3:30, home at 4:30, went to gym at 4:40, home at 6, shower, fix dinner, clean kitchen, dry hair and that's about it!

We had a VERY stormy day today with the remnants of Hurrican Lee passing over. Lots of tornados, dark skies, rain and THUNDER. This was much worse than Irene around here but no damage at my house. JLW, I am sure you got this too in Charlotte. Not sure if it's heading North but if it is, LOOK OUT:goodvibes

had a fabulous weekend with my friends now I know what it's like to have a good baby!

Glad you had fun! Thomas always looks like an angel in his photos:cool2:

Gotta love boys.....:rolleyes1 DS was good about getting his weekend homework done quickly so that it didn't hang over him all weekend. I hope that is a positive sign of things to come this year! But when I opened his backpack this morning to put in his snack, it was kind of a mess. I pulled out the "Math Binder requirements" sheet and stuck it on the fridge and put in a note for him to bring home his math binder tonight so that we can get it set up properly. THat prompted him to say that he needs to set up his other binders too! Hopefully he will bring them ALL home tonight. I have plenty of folder, filler paper, dividers.... so no excuses!

Sounds like he's doing good so far:goodvibes

How are you at getting up that early? I'm a morning person and don't mind it too much, but it is tough to get the kids going some days.

DH & I are up at 5:30. While he showers, I make lunches. Around 5:45 I get dressed and do hair and make-up. By 6:05, we're all in the kitchen eating individual breakfasts we've each prepared. Usually cereal for me and DH and frozen pancakes for DS. At 6:25 DH takes DS to catch the bus and I'm out the door by 6:30. I shower at night and have my clothes ready to go. I also have everything prepared for lunches except the sandwiches. I'm not thrilled with the way my hair looks in the morning. I'm experimenting with the curling iron but I think I need a flat iron. My hair is fine and limp. It looks great at night when I dry it but it sticks out everywhere in the morning:crazy:
So far, DS is getting up and going on his own but it's very early in the year:rolleyes1:chewy:

I LOVE challenges like this! I am all about the purge and clean! I did bring a big trunkload to the Goodwill just a week ago, but I'm ready to find more!

Thanks for playing along:sunny:

I pulled out a bowl yesterday and the jar of nuts. I put the bowl on the food scale and weighed out one ounce and I've been WAAAAAY overestimating that ounce.... what I've been counting for 1 or 2 or even 3 points.... has probably been more like 12 points!!!!!!!!!! Do this once a day or even once every other day and NO WONDER my weight loss has come to a screeching halt!! So nuts are now VERBODEN!! (Shawn, how's my German??)

SHIZA!!!:scared1: (this is a German slang word that is a cuss word)

Atleast you figured it out. Mmmmmm, I love nuts, one of my favorite foods!

And, your German is Ausgezeichnet (excellent) and wunderbar! One tiny correction, it's verboten. Can't you have a few nuts??

I DID find the Naturalization information for my great-grandfather on my Dad's side....he came from Scotland in 1877 and was naturalized in 1884.

COOL

Glad DH is feeling better. Don't let all that back to school running around run YOU down! I've noticed alot of sickness going around that usually comes with back to school.

We just recently moved here and I did major decluttering/purging beforehand. I have nothing left to get rid of.

:cool1: for no clutter!!!

I like this idea. I think I'll make michael do 10 as well. I can picture him on Hoarders in a few years.

That's ok, Sarge, we all understand. It's so nice to see the challenge still hopping at the end of summer. I'm still on vacation and not keeping up either. Today's a rainy day, so I hope to catch up a bit more.

Then football tonight. I hope they cancel if it rains, but I don't know how serious this is going to get.

Oh, it's serious alright !!! Don't let those pee wee football coaches fool you -they are sitting somewhere right now probably watching film:laughing: I can vivedly remember DS's coaches always saying "This ain't soccer!" as if soccer was some kind of sissy game! Hello, they play soccer in the rain too!

Good luck preparing for your 1/2......you AMAZE me :goodvibes

Thanks for playing the decluttering game and hope you made a dent. Hmmm, Michael on Hoarders? We used to put 10 mins on he timer and the whole family had to pick up/clean. Crazy how much stuff you can get done with everyone helping, even for 10 minutes!

Thanks for cutting me some slack too:goodvibes

Finally saw Black Swan last night.

Backpacks are packed. Kids will lay out clothes tonight. Supposed to be a rainy day:( I will get the camera ready tonight.

I really enjoyed that movie. Kept me on the edge of my seat!

Sounds like you are ready for a great year:goodvibes

I love finding stuff to get rid of!! I'll have to look under my bed and find my ten items...I will probably come up with more though!

:thumbsup2

Nope. Just moved here and don't have much stuff anyway, but I've been really good about keeping things clean.

:cool1: Another person with NO clutter - I LOVE it!!!

OMG I should be able to find 100 things to toss.

:rotfl:

This is how I am feeling too.

Getting old SUCKS!!

got an odd assortment of keepsakes that I'm not sure what to do with.

Amen, sister:charac2:

A+ today for you for getting 10 things outta there!

We have a lot of things like you describe that we just can't part with (yet)

I was very much op today and just did my 2 mile walk

Deb, hope there was no more flooding in Vermont. I thought of 2 more people I know from there, Ben & Jerry:laughing:

Rose, I've flown alot too and never had a pilot make such an announcement before boarding. Yikes, I would have been terrified! Glad you're back home safe and sound:goodvibes

Tomorrow is my final meeting with my trainer at the Y. I'm sure he's puzzled as to why I haven't lost any more weight. He doesn't seem to listen to me when I tell him I've already lost close to 30 pounds and it just stopped coming off, I'm older, pre-menopausal, etc. He just keeps saying to focus on my endurance first. I may actually get more out of a visit to the Dr to check hormones. I keep saying I will do that and need to follow through.
Maybe tomorrow I will report a 5 lb loss for the week just to make him feel good:laughing:

I'll be back on in the morning with the QOTD if I can think of one:idea:

I could find 10 items a day for the next 6 months, I bet. :scared1:

Until it is sold, I am living in my late mother's home. Just me and two cats living in 11 rooms, with an attic, a garage and a full basement. Needless to say, there are lots of places to squirrel stuff away and still not look cluttered. I have to get on the ball with de-cluttering and should really do it now and not be under the gun when the house eventually sells and I have to pack up.

- Laura

Wow, that's alot for one person. I would probably have no problem filling it up either:laughing: I bet the cats love all the places to hang out!

Good morning:goodvibes Sure feels like a Monday.....

Today's QOTD is more like a mini-challenge:

This could be as simple as picking up 10 sections of the newspaper off the floor and throwing away to as complicated as going into the attic:scared1: and getting rid of junk you have not used or wanted in years. If you practice this exercise of getting rid of 10 unwanted items a day, it would not take long until you had an entire room decluttered. Report back how you did later today:goodvibes

Heck yeah I can find 10 items, and hopefully a truckload more to donate. I plan on digging it out on Friday as I don't have time until then.

What a busy day! And, it's almost time for me to go to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow:sad2: Work from 7-2, home at 3, DS to ortho at 3:30, home at 4:30, went to gym at 4:40, home at 6, shower, fix dinner, clean kitchen, dry hair and that's about it!

We had a VERY stormy day today with the remnants of Hurrican Lee passing over. Lots of tornados, dark skies, rain and THUNDER. This was much worse than Irene around here but no damage at my house. JLW, I am sure you got this too in Charlotte. Not sure if it's heading North but if it is, LOOK OUT:goodvibes

Glad you had fun! Thomas always looks like an angel in his photos:cool2:

Glad DH is feeling better. Don't let all that back to school running around run YOU down! I've noticed alot of sickness going around that usually comes with back to school.

:cool1: for no clutter!!!

Oh, it's serious alright !!! Don't let those pee wee football coaches fool you -they are sitting somewhere right now probably watching film:laughing: I can vivedly remember DS's coaches always saying "This ain't soccer!" as if soccer was some kind of sissy game! Hello, they play soccer in the rain too!

Good luck preparing for your 1/2......you AMAZE me :goodvibes

Thanks for playing the decluttering game and hope you made a dent. Hmmm, Michael on Hoarders? We used to put 10 mins on he timer and the whole family had to pick up/clean. Crazy how much stuff you can get done with everyone helping, even for 10 minutes!

Thanks for cutting me some slack too:goodvibes

I really enjoyed that movie. Kept me on the edge of my seat!

Sounds like you are ready for a great year:goodvibes

:cool1: Another person with NO clutter - I LOVE it!!!

:rotfl:

This is how I am feeling too.

Amen, sister:charac2:

A+ today for you for getting 10 things outta there!

We have a lot of things like you describe that we just can't part with (yet)

Deb, hope there was no more flooding in Vermont. I thought of 2 more people I know from there, Ben & Jerry:laughing:

Rose, I've flown alot too and never had a pilot make such an announcement before boarding. Yikes, I would have been terrified! Glad you're back home safe and sound:goodvibes

Tomorrow is my final meeting with my trainer at the Y. I'm sure he's puzzled as to why I haven't lost any more weight. He doesn't seem to listen to me when I tell him I've already lost close to 30 pounds and it just stopped coming off, I'm older, pre-menopausal, etc. He just keeps saying to focus on my endurance first. I may actually get more out of a visit to the Dr to check hormones. I keep saying I will do that and need to follow through.
Maybe tomorrow I will report a 5 lb loss for the week just to make him feel good:laughing:

I think most areas were okay overnight. My boss was on vacation last week, but she wasn't able to leave town due to the storm. Her and her family were stranded at their home on a mountain. She said they have their own private island. It took her 1 1/2 hours to get to work this morning and it is normally a 15 minute drive :scared1: We still have coworkers that can't make it in.

Healthy Habits Week 10 Results

Congratulations to Our Participants: :thumbsup2
JacksLilWench
jaeless

Congratulations to this Week's Prize Winner: jaeless who also earned all 16 points!

I have your address still. I should make it to the post office tomorrow.

Thanks to all who participated!

Good morning:goodvibes Sure feels like a Monday.....

Today's QOTD is more like a mini-challenge:

I just got home and saw this, but I did find 5-6 yesterday. One was a 40D because I am now a 40B! :cool1:

Great idea Shawn!

Rose: I'm so sorry. I forgot to say something very important. :hug:

Happy Birthday!

Have a great, OP day tomorrow everyone!

Yikes. I'm very impressed that you make it to the gym regularly with that schedule.

I am praying that the kids and I don't get it! DH has an auto-immune disease, so he seems to be more likely to catch whatever germ is hanging around. And I think that being in the school system has improved my immune system!

You'll come up with something, I'm sure.

Evening friends! Didn't accomplish nearly as much today as I intended... clean load of laundry is still sitting in the dryer and the bathroom didn't get cleaned... plus DS's room isn't nearly as clean as I had intended.... WHERE DID THE DAY GO??

Well.... I'll try again tomorrow. Shawn.... I found a pile of boxes in the basement that have been waiting for a trip to the dump, so I pulled them out and they are next to the car waiting for tomorrow.... so that is 7 more things I got rid of today.... plus two laundry baskets that have seen better days. I usually try to repair them with duct tape since I hate the idea of so much plastic going to the landfill, but these are well past their prime. So actually I have 9 items to go to the dump tomorrow!

Well... time to shoo the kids off to bed! See you in the morning.......P

Healthy Habits Week 10 Results

Congratulations to Our Participants: :thumbsup2
JacksLilWench
jaeless

Congratulations to this Week's Prize Winner: jaeless who also earned all 16 points!

I have your address still. I should make it to the post office tomorrow.

Thanks to all who participated!

Woooohoooo :yay: Healthy Habits is my favorite part of the challenges. Keep up with the great ideas. I can't wait to hear the Fall ones.

Pamela I don't know if you would mind sharing some of your freezer recipes? Or even just some idea of stuff that I could freeze. I feel like this is what i need to do because I am SO struggling with meals. Especially with school now I just don't have any time and coming up with meals that satisfy my hunger is really difficult! Even if you don't have recipes just some general ideas would really be helpful!

Gretchen[/B] I'm excited to get into Pottermore and I'm getting impatient for my email. I really wanted to be sorted, I will probably be really sad if I get sorted into Gryfindor. Never been my favorite house. Sorry about the mouse. Commonplace around here but thankfully I have 4 dogs and a cat who all catch mice, want to borrow one?? Haha! What kind of boooks do you like, I can send you a bunch of suggestions if you tell me what your into.

-----
Today was a huge accomplishment. I ran 3.25 miles!!! I can't even tell you guys how proud i feel. That is the farthest I've ever ran. Even if i never did it again it would feel great but now i know i can do it. It gives me hope got my 5k!

I've been within plan as far as eating goes but i've been really hungry and not feeling satisfied at all. Today my day was
breakfast - vanilla greek yogurt, stawberries, special k, with some honey because i think greek yogurt tastes like sour cream (i use yogurt instead of milk because i think milk is disgusting, cant drink it)
lunch - egg salad sandwhich
snack - starwberry applesauce, starberries, protein shake, hard boiled egg (throughout the day, not just one snack)
dinner - salmon burger

im at about 1200 calories a day i would have been over by about 60 if it hadnt been for my run. I'm just not feeling satisfied, and im having a lot of protein so im a bit confused..any suggestions?

I think Pamela asked me to share a link to my blog. The blog i work on is www.witandfancy.com Wit and Fancy. It's run by an all female staff and we trry to write about multiple topics from a female and pop culture persoective. We launched about a month or so ago. Right now i write for the tech section, work advice, and health and fitness but im going to be cutting back. I also will be doing the recaps for Sherlock and Game of Thrones when they come back. I've been writing for entertainment blogs for awhile now, i'm pretty into tv and movies and general geekery.

Gretchen[/B] I'm excited to get into Pottermore and I'm getting impatient for my email. I really wanted to be sorted, I will probably be really sad if I get sorted into Gryfindor. Never been my favorite house. Sorry about the mouse. Commonplace around here but thankfully I have 4 dogs and a cat who all catch mice, want to borrow one?? Haha! What kind of boooks do you like, I can send you a bunch of suggestions if you tell me what your into.

-----
Today was a huge accomplishment. I ran 3.25 miles!!!

LOL My friend started a facebook group called "S.P.E.W.-Society of Pottermore Email Waiters" :rotfl:

I'll read most things. I like stories that are funny, or have an element of mystery to them.

Great job on the run! :banana:

My eating was pretty atrocious today. We're all afraid of the kitchen, so I went to the library cafe for lunch and ordered in a calzone for dinner. I was also introduced to the day old bread section at WalMart today so bought some cinnamon rolls and lemon loaf, but only had one slice of each.

We bought four snap traps and one "mouse hotel" aka a plastic box baited with peanut butter. It took SEVEN of us to figure out how to set up the snap ones-they don't even have to be baited. All five of us in the house, and then we borrowed two neighbors as well, but in the end we got it done. We haven't seen any more of the mouse but we are well prepared!

I have a double session scheduled for in the morning but canceled it. Tomorrow is my last full day to get things done around this house before the packers show up Thursday morning.

We've decided to go ahead and just leave Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning. I'm hoping this drive will go okay with all the furbabies. We have reservations at Villas of Wilderness Lodge starting Sunday and checking out Wednesday. We'll get the cats situated at the house and get Lizzy situated in the garage. We can't put her in the house because of the cats. I can't put her in the backyard because they are building our pool.

I'm praying for my sanity the next week or so. I'm going to need it :laughing:.

Just a quick post this morning.

First day of school went okay. My second class of the day has 29 people in it. My room was built for 24 (I was on the committee when the building was redone so I got to look at the blueprints) It was so warm in that room that I thought someone (me especially) would pass out. I asked custodial to chance the setting on the thernostat and was told that he had to check with administration. I told him I would call them personally if it would get it fixed. He came back about 1/2 hour later and lowered it. It will be chilly in the room some times but I would prefer that than too hot.

Disneywedding good luck with the move.

Off to get ready for work

Have a happy and healthy day.

QOTD Wednesday September 7,2011:

What are you having for lunch today?

Have a great day:goodvibes BBL tonight to catch up!

good morning everyone!

it's a rainy day here and that is NOT what the folks around here need. we are fine as we're high up but areas nearby are getting screwed with the flooding. how are our NJers and LIers doing? westchester is getting hit bad and my parents in CT only JUST got power back! their town was on the nbc nightly news the other day. that was weird since NOTHING ever happens there! :lmao:

shawn - thanks for coaching this week. i'm sorry i've been m.i.a. this weekend kept me away from the computer and in my attempt to catch up on :laundy: yesterday i didn't have time to chat. i've enjoyed your questions though! can i get rid of stuff in my house?? does a bear poop in the woods??? :rotfl:you'd be amazed the amount of junk that can be squeezed into 800 sq ft of living space!

dona -
a packed room full of high school kids just can't be a good thing! did you give out homework? did you have a full day? the catholic schools start school today (full day) and public school starts tomorrow (half day).

this weather is miserable and really putting a cramp in my walking routine. i haven't walked since saturday since we had guests from sat-mon and i couldn't get moving before all the activities started and then yesterday and today it's pouring. wah. on the bright side, we leave for disney in 4 sleeps! i have packing i need to start although i do have a list so i consider myself halfway there already. i have an OB appt today with a second sugar test (since i had GD with the first the doc wants me to do it again, no biggie).

QOTD - well, yesterday after i took thomas to wee play over in rockland county we stopped by the rockland bakery to "look" at the freshly baked bagels coming off the racks. what was i thinking that we'd just look at the cool factory stuff and not buy anything?? so, i have a bagel for lunch today that i'll probably eat with some scrambled eggs.

which brings me to my little PSA - i've been noticing that alot of us (ME!!) have been making some pretty poor choices with our eating! come people! let's get it together! i keep coming on here and saying, "oh i ate bad...i had xxx, xxx, and xxx" and i'm noticing alot of us are doing that. we have the fall challenge coming up - let's make it a good one!!

have a great day everyone! stay away from the cookies! ;)

I have no idea. My plan for today is to finish breakfast, go check in to see if I need to give a tour, if I don't, then go to the gym. Lunch will either be a WW SmartOnes or a tuna/turkey/roast beef sandwich, with some fruit and veggies as well.

I think a Subway sandwich LOL I work tonight so need something quick and easy. As long as don't get cheese or mayo and fill it up with veggies, it isn't too bad. One sandwich ends up being lunch and dinner.

Pamela I don't know if you would mind sharing some of your freezer recipes? Or even just some idea of stuff that I could freeze. I feel like this is what i need to do because I am SO struggling with meals. Especially with school now I just don't have any time and coming up with meals that satisfy my hunger is really difficult! Even if you don't have recipes just some general ideas would really be helpful!

Some of the things that I made this weekend include meatloaf (DS really loves my healthy meatloaf), chili (loaded with onions and peppers and beans to make it extra healthy), beef fajitas (I bought a fairly lean eye round roast, sliced it thin, sauteed it, added the fajita seasonings and then froze it), stew beef (coated in flour and seasonings and browned so that it is ready for the crockpot), sauteed pork loin (ready for a stir-fry.... just add veggies).

I also put boneless pork loin chops in marinade in the freezer. They will be ready for the grill or George Foreman. I cooked up some boneless, skinless chicken thighs too and put those in the freezer. I have several recipes that call for fully cooked chicken chunks (including my favorite curried chicken), so these will be ready for those meals.... or for a quick batch of chicken salad.

Some other things that are really quick and handy..... the Ocean Beauty salmon patties/burgers.... cook up quickly in the oven, toaster oven, or skillet... can be served on a roll like a burger or just as a main dish or even over a salad. Same idea but with Boca chicken patties (soy chicken, if you don't mind eating soy, but lower calories than a traditional chicken patty). And I've made "chicken" parmesean with those Boca patties too.... and easy to make a single serving.

If you are finding that your "regular" choices aren't filling enough, here are a few ways to fill you up....

obviously, add more veggies. You can add shredded zucchini or summer squash to pasta (put the shredded squash in a colander and just dump the boiling water from the pasta over it for a quick cook) and smother it in healthy, low sugar chunky pasta sauce.

Try veggies in different places you've never tried.... in sandwiches.... spinach, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, shredded carrot, cucumber. You can even add veggies to canned soups, WW/Lean Cuisine frozen meals. Bulk up stews with extra veggies. If a recipe calls for 1 C of chopped celery, add two if you think it won't change the overall recipe too much. When I make my favorite curried chicken, I usually double the fruit and veggies, but not the chicken.... that way I'm not adding too many more calories, but I am definitely adding food VOLUME.

Bulk it up with beans and/or lentils. I add black beans to my chicken soup and it is delicious. I use very little chicken usually too (mostly cause I'm cheap :thumbsup2 ). I add refried beans and/or ground chick peas to ground beef.... chili, meatloaf, meatballs.

Today was a huge accomplishment. I ran 3.25 miles!!! I can't even tell you guys how proud i feel. That is the farthest I've ever ran. Even if i never did it again it would feel great but now i know i can do it. It gives me hope got my 5k!

WOW!! I can SO remember the first time I ever attempted and finished a full 5K (on the TM at the Y... not a race). It was an AMAZING feeling! I couldn't believe it was ME! I'm excited for you!!

I've been within plan as far as eating goes but i've been really hungry and not feeling satisfied at all. Today my day was
breakfast - vanilla greek yogurt, stawberries, special k, with some honey because i think greek yogurt tastes like sour cream (i use yogurt instead of milk because i think milk is disgusting, cant drink it)
lunch - egg salad sandwhich
snack - starwberry applesauce, starberries, protein shake, hard boiled egg (throughout the day, not just one snack)
dinner - salmon burger

im at about 1200 calories a day i would have been over by about 60 if it hadnt been for my run. I'm just not feeling satisfied, and im having a lot of protein so im a bit confused..any suggestions?

A few questions...... was the greek yogurt already sweetened? If so, I definitely would have skipped the honey. If you don't like the greek yogurt, use regular yogurt. You could have probably skipped the honey calories and saved them for something more filling. Did you have anything to drink at breakfast?? How about swapping the Special K for a more filling, higher fiber cereal?

Lunch.... how much mayo did you use on the egg salad? Did you eat all of the egg yolks? To save calories I would first use maybe just one egg yolk and three whites.... and I would have either skipped the mayo all together and just eaten a "sliced egg sandwich" or used a small amount of light mayo. Also.... what kind/type of bread? Assuming you were using standard white bread.... swap it out for a high fiber wrap/pita..... you'll save calories and add filling fiber. For the calories you saved you could add carrot sticks and an apple to your lunch.

Snacks.... strawberries and strawberry applesauce are great (if they are without added sugar).... however, you would be more full eating an equal calorie amount of regular berries and an apple.... but I'm assuming that perhaps, like me, your fruit basket was looking sparse. Protein shake.... why? What type?? Are you concerned you aren't getting enough protein for some reason? Calories?? Personally, I really dislike drinking my calories most of the time. It seems like you probably could have enjoyed an ounce or two of chicken and/or tuna and/or cheese for the same calories and perhaps felt more full?? Hardboiled egg.... not too sure about calories, but on WW a regular hardboiled egg would cost me 2 points (on the old system). For the same 2 points I could have two whole apples or a whole banana or two cups of strawberries. I can assure you that I would be much more full after two apples than one hb egg. And with the egg you already had at lunch I wouldn't worry about protein intake.

Dinner.... salmon burger. YUM! I know I mentioned the salmon burgers I like above. What kind of roll? Remember, high fiber fills you up! Any veggies or salad?? Drink? Condiments? Personally, when we have salmon burgers I either skip the roll and have it over a spinach salad, or I eat it on a light whole wheat roll, whole wheat Sandwich Thin or low carb pita.... but I always add a veggie side .... roasted green beans, roasted broccoli, roasted cauliflower, grilled squash, cooked carrots, sauteed onions/peppers/spinach, sliced tomatoes... something.

I almost ALWAYS serve TWO (non-starchy) veggies with dinner these days. It makes dinner really filling.

Sorry to ramble..... HTH.

I think Pamela asked me to share a link to my blog. The blog i work on is www.witandfancy.com Wit and Fancy. It's run by an all female staff and we trry to write about multiple topics from a female and pop culture persoective. We launched about a month or so ago. Right now i write for the tech section, work advice, and health and fitness but im going to be cutting back. I also will be doing the recaps for Sherlock and Game of Thrones when they come back. I've been writing for entertainment blogs for awhile now, i'm pretty into tv and movies and general geekery.

OOoo... a new place to check out! Thanks.

I have a double session scheduled for in the morning but canceled it. Tomorrow is my last full day to get things done around this house before the packers show up Thursday morning.

We've decided to go ahead and just leave Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning. I'm hoping this drive will go okay with all the furbabies. We have reservations at Villas of Wilderness Lodge starting Sunday and checking out Wednesday. We'll get the cats situated at the house and get Lizzy situated in the garage. We can't put her in the house because of the cats. I can't put her in the backyard because they are building our pool.

I'm praying for my sanity the next week or so. I'm going to need it :laughing:.

I SO don't blame you for cancelling. You have so much going on right now! Good luck with everything. I hope moving the pets goes smoothly. Have you traveled with them before? Do they travel well? If not, have you considered getting a light tranquilizer from the vet??

I'll be praying for your sanity and your safe travels. :hug:

Just a quick post this morning.

First day of school went okay. My second class of the day has 29 people in it. My room was built for 24 (I was on the committee when the building was redone so I got to look at the blueprints) It was so warm in that room that I thought someone (me especially) would pass out. I asked custodial to chance the setting on the thernostat and was told that he had to check with administration. I told him I would call them personally if it would get it fixed. He came back about 1/2 hour later and lowered it. It will be chilly in the room some times but I would prefer that than too hot.

Disneywedding good luck with the move.

Off to get ready for work

Have a happy and healthy day.

It is really hard to concentrate and learn if you are sweating like mad and all you can think about is how HOT you are! Glad you were able to get that settled! Be sure to remind the kids to keep a sweatshirt handy this winter though!

OH heck.... how should I know!!??:confused3 Usually I decide based on what needs to be used up! I promised the leftover meatloaf to DS for an after-school snack today, so not that! I will be cooking up the last of the green beans from Costco... they won't last much longer. There is no lunch meat or anything like that in the fridge.... but there is a little cottage cheese and some other cheeses. DH is here today, so I will have to make lunch for two, so I'll have to give it more thought than usual. For myself a small salad and a blob of hummus will usually suffice. It is a cool rainy day... maybe I'll try to warm up some soup.

I'll let you know later what we had.

good morning everyone!

this weather is miserable and really putting a cramp in my walking routine. i haven't walked since saturday since we had guests from sat-mon and i couldn't get moving before all the activities started and then yesterday and today it's pouring. wah. on the bright side, we leave for disney in 4 sleeps! i have packing i need to start although i do have a list so i consider myself halfway there already. i have an OB appt today with a second sugar test (since i had GD with the first the doc wants me to do it again, no biggie).

Good luck with the sugar test. I'm sure it will be fine.

QOTD - well, yesterday after i took thomas to wee play over in rockland county we stopped by the rockland bakery to "look" at the freshly baked bagels coming off the racks. what was i thinking that we'd just look at the cool factory stuff and not buy anything?? so, i have a bagel for lunch today that i'll probably eat with some scrambled eggs.

MMMmmm... fresh bagels! What kind?

which brings me to my little PSA - i've been noticing that alot of us (ME!!) have been making some pretty poor choices with our eating! come people! let's get it together! i keep coming on here and saying, "oh i ate bad...i had xxx, xxx, and xxx" and i'm noticing alot of us are doing that. we have the fall challenge coming up - let's make it a good one!!

have a great day everyone! stay away from the cookies! ;)

I agree with your last statement! Maybe it is a good thing that we are ready for a new challenge... I think some folks need a new, fresh start!

MOrning friends! Well.... I've killed enough time here! Time to hit the TM.... which I SO don't want to do this morning. oh well.

I ran my 10 items to the dump this morning..... 7 empty Fiestaware boxes, 2 broken laundry baskets, and a grocery bag of books and such for the take-it-or-leave-it shed. Of course, I also came HOME with 2 paperbacks, 4 VHS movies, and a tiny footstool in need of reupholstering! :rotfl2: But I'm still 3 items ahead of the game! And once the books are read and the movies are watched, they will go RIGHT BACK where they came from (well.... except for the Lilo and Stitch.... for some reason we have NEVER owned that movie!).

DH is on a conference call now, so I need to get out of here and leave him alone! I'll pop back on after my TM time and my shower...............P

Three of my housemates and I just went to the gym! :goodvibes (No families at all today, so no tour). I did 30 minutes on the elliptical again at level 3-4 and did another 2.6 miles. Then I did some more nautilus stuff.

Eating lunch, taking a nap, (not going to class, I can feel a sinus headache beginning), going to work for a couple hours, then learning how to play the piano.

Well ladies... as Alice from the "Brady Bunch" used to say.... "my get up and go has got up and went"! I'm feeling NO energy or enthusiasm to clean the kids' rooms today. But I did hit the TM for a full 60 minutes (did walking incline work so as not to stress my right foot after yesterday's discomfort).

To answer today's QOTD..... for lunch I had a salad of organic spring mix, red bell pepper, and homegrown sweet cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and light raspberry vinagrette dressing. On the side I had a light cheese stick and some roasted green beans. Seltzer to drink. Not totally satisfying, so I have water boiling for a cup of green tea. I will have a fruit snack (probably blueberries) in an hour or so.

Well... I need to find SOMETHING productive to do, even if I am not going to clean the kids' rooms.

TTYL...............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter