Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

Hi Everyone!

I will be posting the results for the final week of Healthy Habits soon. I get the PM in my e-mail and then realize later that I have a question, so I end up behind schedule. :rolleyes1 It is really helpful if you PM me accurate and complete results. I will be reminding people of this for the Fall Challenge. I also appreciate it when you realize a mistake and update me! :thumbsup2

Anyway, enough negativity. Today was an OP day. I had some GF corn flakes and soymilk for breakfast and some grapes later in the morning. Lunch was really boring, but I could eat it, so I'm calling it a win. I had some GF, lower sodium deli chicken breast and a few tomato slices. Dinner was a good sized tuna steak with salad. I also had some peppers and onions that my dad fried in a (almost) negligible amount of olive oil. Overall, OP, but I do need to increase my variety. I've had quite a few bowls of corn flakes and soymilk in the last few days. Maybe I will hard-boil some eggs for breakfasts. (Ok, I'll have my dad do it. ;)) I did buy some GF baking mix, so I could try making pancakes. I will have to experiment with that though. Tonight probably isn't the night.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

CC

Hi Everyone!

I will be posting the results for the final week of Healthy Habits soon. I get the PM in my e-mail and then realize later that I have a question, so I end up behind schedule. :rolleyes1 It is really helpful if you PM me accurate and complete results. I will be reminding people of this for the Fall Challenge. I also appreciate it when you realize a mistake and update me! :thumbsup2

Anyway, enough negativity. Today was an OP day. I had some GF corn flakes and soymilk for breakfast and some grapes later in the morning. Lunch was really boring, but I could eat it, so I'm calling it a win. I had some GF, lower sodium deli chicken breast and a few tomato slices. Dinner was a good sized tuna steak with salad. I also had some peppers and onions that my dad fried in a (almost) negligible amount of olive oil. Overall, OP, but I do need to increase my variety. I've had quite a few bowls of corn flakes and soymilk in the last few days. Maybe I will hard-boil some eggs for breakfasts. (Ok, I'll have my dad do it. ;)) I did buy some GF baking mix, so I could try making pancakes. I will have to experiment with that though. Tonight probably isn't the night.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

CC

CC--are you going GF??? Did I miss something?:goodvibes

Hey all! I was really good with eating today. My eggplant rollatini turned out pretty good, minus the fact that it didn't actually roll, so I went for a stacked effect instead. I did go to Starbucks this evening and got a slice of pumpkin bread and a pumpkin spice latte. I don't really like coffee but this was good; I guess I just needed flavor to cover up the coffee taste.

I got access to Pottermore today! It's so awesome-my respect for J.K. Rowling has hugely increased, as if it wasn't high enough before. I got my wand (11.54 inches, ash with unicorn hair, unyielding) and was sorted into Gryffindor (despite my obvious attempts to get Ravenclaw :rotfl:).

I did not go to the gym, but perhaps tomorrow.

Love King Richards' faire!!! The price does not include food but I think it included rides.
http://kingrichardsfaire.net/

The website says tickets are only $27 and kids are $15 ages 4-11

Whoops, I think I meant $27, which still seems high compared to the Topsfield Fair, but if it includes rides then it's not bad afterall. And you really like it? I just love fairs.

I got access to Pottermore today! It's so awesome-my respect for J.K. Rowling has hugely increased, as if it wasn't high enough before. I got my wand (11.54 inches, ash with unicorn hair, unyielding) and was sorted into Gryffindor (despite my obvious attempts to get Ravenclaw :rotfl:).

I need to check that out still :rolleyes:

Okay Lisa, I registered to d-cot. I made a playlist but still need to figure it out. Can you download songs to a ipod?

I set up my ipod tonight and added Spectromagic and the Splash Mountain Medley for starters. It's about 20 minutes for both songs so that's a good start for my meditation music. Thank you to bellebookworm9 for sending me Spectromagic :banana:

Don'tcha just LOVE finding a new book series to get into??? I'll have to check this one out!

Could you make your own throw-away ice packs so that they can have meat and/or milk? I would imagine it would only take a small amount of ice to keep things cold for the few hours til lunch. How about freezing water in those snack-size Ziploc baggies? And then pack their lunch in plastic grocery bags instead of brown paper? That way you would be reusing the grocery bags (unless you bring your own cloth bags) and the moisture from the ice pack wouldn't be soaking through a paper bag. Just thinking out loud here....

We went to Costco on Saturday and bought an INSANE amount of meat and produce and I spent the remainder of Saturday night and all day Sunday (after church) cooking! I HATE COOKING, so this was a real struggle for me. But it is done! And I have 12-15 meals worth of "stuff" ready in the freezer for busy days this fall.

It's been such a long time since I've read something new for fun! I'd love some other suggestions if anyone has any.

I was just reading a back to school article on WW, and they mentioned filling a water bottle most of the way, freezing it, then using it as an ice pack. That way the perishable stuff stays cold and the drink has kind of thawed by lunch so they have a cold drink as well.

Good for you with all that cooking! I feel like I should probably do that. Our kitchen was not built for five people to be in at once, and it seems that 3-4 of us are on the same eating schedule and trying to cook at the same time. If I had everything prepared ahead of time, it would certainly be less crowded in there!

I need to check that out still :rolleyes:

I set up my ipod tonight and added Spectromagic and the Splash Mountain Medley for starters. It's about 20 minutes for both songs so that's a good start for my meditation music. Thank you to bellebookworm9 for sending me Spectromagic :banana:

I just love pumpkin :love: Sonic has a sign up for a pumpkin pie shake :headache: But it's time to get on the health wagon again :goodvibes

I have several friends that apparently didn't know about Pottermore until today, and then were ticked that registration is closed until October, when it will be available to everyone. It really is awesome though-so many extra details. And of course, now I've been officially sorted-something I've wanted since age 9! :rotfl:

You're welcome! I for one don't find the Splash Mountain music relaxing-it's repetitive and annoys me after a few minutes. But that's great that you've got a meditation list! My Disney parks playlist is about 5 hours long. :laughing:

I love pumpkin too (obviously)! And if I remember to ask for the latte with skim milk and no whipped cream, it's only 5 points for a tall. :thumbsup2 The pumpkin bread is still 11 points though. :sad2:

Workout went awesome! I thought it was going to drag but it really didn't feel like I worked out 2 hours. I had a strawberry daquiri, steak, shrimp scampi, baked potato, and clam chowder for dinner. I ate every bite and loved it! Now, I'm home and sitting and I all of a sudden became very tired :laughing:. I think I'm going to take a shower and jump in bed for the night. That way I can get up early tomorrow and do the things I didn't get done today.

Everyone have a great night!

Rose: I had some allergy testing. I went to see an allergist because my PCP wanted me to check with one to see if I need an Epi-Pen because of my latex allergy. My allergist felt I should have a complete round of allergy testing based on looking at my skin. I have allergic eczema. I'm allergic to wheat, rice, oats, cashews, hazelnuts, and oysters. I can eat barley, so I'm not going GF exactly, but so far, they only products I've found that are wheat-free and rice-free are GF. My stomach is saying thank you, so I may have found the solution! :cool1:

Thanks for asking! :)

Kathy, thank you for the good wishes too! :goodvibes

Wow, guys, I am having a hard time keeping up this week.....and I'm the coach:lmao: Since it's a between the challenges week, I'm going to give myself some slack. Hope you understand.

Pamela, I was sure you were off doing something big this weekend, and you were! You will love having all those meals ready to go!!!

Rose, glad you had fun and can't wait to read the TR:)

Gretchen, no clue what Pottermore is but sounds like you love it!

CC, thank you so much for being our HH coach:goodvibes Good job on the eating today and avoiding any allergy trigger foods.

Hello to everyone else. :goodvibes I went with my Mom and my sister to see The Help today. Second time for me and I still needed 4 tissues. It doesn't look like it affects the others in the theater as much as me:confused3 When I got home, my sister called to tell me she was making a chocolate pie and she's going to bring me a piece to work tomorrow:scared1: And, she was not kidding! If you've seen the movie or read the book, you know there is a crucial part involving chocolate pie. I don't know who would go home and make a choc pie after watching that movie !! My sister can be a little odd.

Back to the grind tomorrow. We are all 3 out the door at 6:30 every morning. I'm at my desk by 7:00:scared1: This weekend we discovered DS had not done ANY of his geometry homework this week so we made him do it all tonight. It took several hours. {sigh} We will have to watch him closely this year.

I'll be back on in the morning for the QOTD.

Sweet dreams everyone:goodvibes

Good Morning. It's still raining here. I'm certainly concerned about more flooding. So far no reports of any close to home so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Off to work. Have a great day.

Good morning:goodvibes Sure feels like a Monday.....

Today's QOTD is more like a mini-challenge:

QOTD Tuesday September 6, 2011:

Can you find 10 items around the house to get rid of ?

This could be as simple as picking up 10 sections of the newspaper off the floor and throwing away to as complicated as going into the attic:scared1: and getting rid of junk you have not used or wanted in years. If you practice this exercise of getting rid of 10 unwanted items a day, it would not take long until you had an entire room decluttered. Report back how you did later today:goodvibes

hi friends! i'm here and so behind on this thread. we had a fabulous weekend with my friends from college and their 6 month old little boy. now i know what it's like to have a good baby! :lmao:

today is a cleanup and get organized day. it's raining and gross so i'm not going to get a walk in. i may hit up the mall and do some laps if the munchkin will agree to sitting in the stroller.

will be back to chit chat later. i need my coffee!!!

I was just reading a back to school article on WW, and they mentioned filling a water bottle most of the way, freezing it, then using it as an ice pack. That way the perishable stuff stays cold and the drink has kind of thawed by lunch so they have a cold drink as well.

I think the idea is that the kids don't want anything to have to carry out of the cafeteria. Unless it was a disposable water bottle, they probably wouldn't want that either. But if it was a non-refillable.... like one of those small Aquapods from Poland Springs.... that is a good idea! (assuming, of course, that UNLIKE our schools, theirs actually has a recycling bin for the bottle.)

Good for you with all that cooking! I feel like I should probably do that. Our kitchen was not built for five people to be in at once, and it seems that 3-4 of us are on the same eating schedule and trying to cook at the same time. If I had everything prepared ahead of time, it would certainly be less crowded in there!

As large as my kitchen is, it isn't idea for more than two people. Even with that, I find we are constantly in each other's way. DD helped quite a bit this weekend with the cooking and I really appreciated it.... but we kept bumping into each other.

You could probably only cook ahead if you had the fridge/freezer space available. But it isn't a bad idea. If you made a pot of chili or soup, you could get many, many meals from that! If you do that and freeze it in tupperware, please don't microwave in the plastic. Pop out the frozen item and microwave it in glass or ceramic. Plastic in the microwave is SO bad for you!

I love pumpkin too (obviously)! And if I remember to ask for the latte with skim milk and no whipped cream, it's only 5 points for a tall. :thumbsup2 The pumpkin bread is still 11 points though. :sad2:

I've been craving something pumpkin-y all summer and couldn't buy canned pumpkin at the grocery. They said something about not being the right season. But I did discover a few cans in my pantry. One of these days, very soon, I'm going to make oat bran pumpkin pancakes for myself!

DD is anxiously awaiting the Dunkin Donuts pumpkin muffins. But they are CRAZY with calories (remember when I told you that muffins were CALORIE NINJAS!! ). I will buy her one every so often, but I certainly try not to make a habit of it. I will usually make a large batch and freeze them and then she can grab one on her way to early morning swim practice or ski lessons.

Wow, guys, I am having a hard time keeping up this week.....and I'm the coach:lmao: Since it's a between the challenges week, I'm going to give myself some slack. Hope you understand.

We TOTALLY understand! Heck, if I had all those boxes around my house, plus starting work again and a new school year.... YIKES... you probably wouldn't hear from me for months!!

Pamela, I was sure you were off doing something big this weekend, and you were! You will love having all those meals ready to go!!!

I will definitely be thanking myself this fall! DS did bribe me into leaving one of the meatloaves in the fridge though.... we will probably eat it tonight. He LOVES my meat loaf. It will be a nice treat tonight after a rainy soccer practice.

Back to the grind tomorrow. We are all 3 out the door at 6:30 every morning. I'm at my desk by 7:00:scared1: This weekend we discovered DS had not done ANY of his geometry homework this week so we made him do it all tonight. It took several hours. {sigh} We will have to watch him closely this year.

I'll be back on in the morning for the QOTD.

Sweet dreams everyone:goodvibes

Gotta love boys.....:rolleyes1 DS was good about getting his weekend homework done quickly so that it didn't hang over him all weekend. I hope that is a positive sign of things to come this year! But when I opened his backpack this morning to put in his snack, it was kind of a mess. I pulled out the "Math Binder requirements" sheet and stuck it on the fridge and put in a note for him to bring home his math binder tonight so that we can get it set up properly. THat prompted him to say that he needs to set up his other binders too! Hopefully he will bring them ALL home tonight. I have plenty of folder, filler paper, dividers.... so no excuses!

How are you at getting up that early? I'm a morning person and don't mind it too much, but it is tough to get the kids going some days.

Good Morning. It's still raining here. I'm certainly concerned about more flooding. So far no reports of any close to home so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Off to work. Have a great day.

Cautiously optimistic is always good. When I was checking weather.com for this week to plan meals and outfits, I noticed they had flood watches up for a lot of NH and VT. Fingers crossed and prayers said for you all.

This could be as simple as picking up 10 sections of the newspaper off the floor and throwing away to as complicated as going into the attic:scared1: and getting rid of junk you have not used or wanted in years. If you practice this exercise of getting rid of 10 unwanted items a day, it would not take long until you had an entire room decluttered. Report back how you did later today:goodvibes

I LOVE challenges like this! I am all about the purge and clean! I did bring a big trunkload to the Goodwill just a week ago, but I'm ready to find more!

hi friends! i'm here and so behind on this thread. we had a fabulous weekend with my friends from college and their 6 month old little boy. now i know what it's like to have a good baby! :lmao:

today is a cleanup and get organized day. it's raining and gross so i'm not going to get a walk in. i may hit up the mall and do some laps if the munchkin will agree to sitting in the stroller.

will be back to chit chat later. i need my coffee!!!

Enjoy your coffee. I was going to skip it today, since DH is sick and probably not craving it too much, but I gave in and made a small pot. MMMMMM.... just what I needed this morning.

Happy Tuesday morning friends. It is raining here, but since I had no outdoor plans I'm not terribly disappointed by it. The kids are out the door, breakfast is eaten and I'm ready to roll. Not sure what I will do first... workout or clean. I've got one load of dry laundry to fold and that will be all caught up. Kitchen is clean (I bribed DS into washing the floor yesterday..... it really needed it after the weekend's cooking marathon), I just vaccumed Friday, so I could probably skip that for now. I will give my bathroom counter and toilet a scrub and then I think today will be spent cleaning DS's room. It hasn't had a good cleaning in a FULL YEAR! Not since we cleaned it out and repainted it last fall. It is SO overdue! I should be able to do it in a few hours though. It isn't a large room and I"ve already cleaned out the outgrown clothes.

I've gotta come clean about something with you all.... sort of a part confession and part :eek: moment.....

I know I've been lamenting here about the slow weight loss, etc. And I am usually SO GOOD about weighing/measuring all of my foods. But I will admit, since starting this SB/WW hybrid thing, I've definitely been eating more nuts (since I really NEVER ate them much before) and I've been REALLY slacking on weighing/measuring the portions.

Well.... I pulled out a bowl yesterday and the jar of nuts. I put the bowl on the food scale and weighed out one ounce and :scared1: I've been WAAAAAY overestimating that ounce.... what I've been counting for 1 or 2 or even 3 points.... has probably been more like 12 points!!!!!!!!!! Do this once a day or even once every other day and NO WONDER my weight loss has come to a screeching halt!! So nuts are now VERBODEN!! (Shawn, how's my German??)

I don't love them so much that they are worth the points.... but I will really miss the crunch/salt. That is definitely something that is missing from the SB portion of this plan.

I did end up spending some time on Ancestry last night, but I was mistaken about the "free access" weekend. It was only immigration and naturalization records.... it didn't include international records and that is what I need right now. I guess I'll have to decide if I have the time anytime soon and pay for a month and really work on it diligently for that month. That said, I DID find the Naturalization information for my great-grandfather on my Dad's side....he came from Scotland in 1877 and was naturalized in 1884. I knew most of this, but it was nice to confirm it.

DH seems to be feeling much better today. He is up and showered and dressed and eating breakfast. He feels well enough to keep his scheduled dentist appointment today, so that is good.

Well..... time to check email. I need to get the cleaning done, the workout done, and be showered and ready to leave the house at 2:25 to pick up DS at the bus stop, run him home, and then head straight to the HS to pick up DD. She has an appointment at 4pm. Then home again and grab DS and bring him to his soccer practice/scrimmage tonight. The craziness has begun!! :rolleyes:

I'll try to pop on later to say hi. I will chat here mostly until this thread is closed and we are really starting the fall challenge...........P

We just recently moved here and I did major decluttering/purging beforehand. I have nothing left to get rid of. :confused3

I like this idea. I think I'll make michael do 10 as well. I can picture him on Hoarders in a few years.

That's ok, Sarge, we all understand. It's so nice to see the challenge still hopping at the end of summer. I'm still on vacation and not keeping up either. Today's a rainy day, so I hope to catch up a bit more.

Good morning everyone.

Ds starts school tomorrow, and we just have a few errands to do today and he wants to go to monster mini-golf. Then football tonight. I hope they cancel if it rains, but I don't know how serious this is going to get. It's a scrimmage in Amesbury, about 25 min from here. I got lazy and didn't cook yesterday, and we had cereal for dinner. We need to leave for football at 4:30, so I'm going to cook a late lunch/early dinner at 2ish. I definitely need to make a good plan each week to cover the football practices. This week, I don't go back to work til thurs, so it's easy, but once I'm working, I don't want to fall into bad fast food habits. Once I get back to work and see my schedule, I'll make a plan for my early days to make a big dinner with plenty of leftovers.

I've been slacking on exercise this week too. Tomorrow I'll do my long run as training for a half marathon I"m doing on the 24th. I'm so not in the shape I was for the princess, but I'm going to do it and go as slow as I need to, and definitely walk more than run, and I hope to finish.

Pamela- That's a bummer about the nuts, but I'm glad for you that your realized it, and now I hope you'll see that dang scale moving again. Nice job on getting all that cooking done.

Rose-Welcome back. That flight sounds like a nightmare. :scared1:So glad you made it home safely and you had a nice trip.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day!:)

Quick post while kids eat lunch before I take them to Brian's office while I work.

Gretchen- Love Actually is one of my all time favorite movies along with Return of the King and the Harry Potter movies! We are huge movie watchers here! Finally saw Black Swan last night. Kind of freaky but well-acted. Also watched Rio yesterday! Cute movie! We used RedBox for the first time yesterday. Returning the movies today. Will get 2 others if the ones we want are there. We want Prom and Soul Surfer. i have to go over the way of where Red Box is tomorrow so I can return anything we get.

Rose- Glad you had a good trip! Sorry about the flight home.

I'm trying do some quick skimming of posts and caught those quickly. I hope to be better at replies next time!

Backpacks are packed. Kids will lay out clothes tonight. Supposed to be a rainy day:( I will get the camera ready tonight. I'm supposed to be at 2 meetings tonight: Herbalife and church fair planning...not doing either so I can be with the girls at bedtime. I'm hoping to have an Usborne booth at the church fair. Trying to earn some extra $ this fall for our cruise. I have another event planned in November and before that an online event in October. Hoping they all go well!

Gotta finish my tea and brush my teeth!

TTFN :tigger:

I love finding stuff to get rid of!! I'll have to look under my bed and find my ten items...I will probably come up with more though!

Nope. Just moved here and don't have much stuff anyway, but I've been really good about keeping things clean.

So this morning I got a text from one of the housemates saying there was a mouse in the kitchen. :scared1: I just came back from class and apparently the exterminator came, but he didn't see the mouse or any evidence of one, so he couldn't legally lay down traps or put out poison, but we are able to do so ourselves. We also have to put everything in the pantry into airtight containers, clean out all the cupboards, clean the toaster, and check our dressers because they may have nested in our clothes. :scared1::scared1:

Our front door hasn't been shutting right (it needs to be SLAMMED) so he thought maybe that's how it got in. Needless to say, I just put in a work order for that. We agreed that we would do all this later when we're all here so no one has to possibly come across the mouse by themselves.

Places I will not be eating lunch in: my kitchen. Dining hall food it is!

OMG I should be able to find 100 things to toss.

I have to run to school but I will find 10 things when I get home.

IPamela- That's a bummer about the nuts, but I'm glad for you that your realized it, and now I hope you'll see that dang scale moving again. Nice job on getting all that cooking done.

Thanks! I'm going to try an experiment to make my own "crunchy, salty, low-carb treat" later today. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day!:)

Enjoy the end of vacation!

Well.... not moving along quite as well here as planned, but I did hit the TM.... but I cut my workout short just a bit. I was experiencing some pain on top of my right foot and all I could think of was "stress fracture!!"" I didn't want to push the issue, so I walked the last 10 minutes, rather than my walk/jog/sprint routine I've been trying. I might ice it later. See how it feels tomorrow. Plus I didn't use my handweights today.....I've been definitely having some troubles with my right arm/hand/elbow. Lifting doesn't seem to aggravate it, but I think I'm going to go with an every-other-day plan for the lifting. Getting old SUCKS!!

Anyhow, sorted out lots of stuff from a few boxes/baskets in DS's room, but now I'm not sure what to do with it! I have a pile of beat up books for the take-it-or-leave-it shed at the dump and a box to bring to the elementary school to share with the teachers (there are my 10 things for today!!).... but I've also got an odd assortment of keepsakes that I'm not sure what to do with. I think I'll pack it in a small box for now and let DS take a look through it later and decide what to do with it. He used to have a small shelf in his room for stuff like this, but we took it down when we painted last year and now he doesn't have a spot for these little goodies.

Never did make it into my bathroom to clean.... oh well. And my Mom sent me a coupon code for 50 free prints from Shutterfly that I need to use before midnight! I've got to be out the door here in 75 minutes, so I guess I had better run. TTYL...........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter