Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

The new thread for the Fall Challenge has been posted. We shall continue to have discussions on this thread and everyone can post their intentions on the new thread.

Janis

QOTD Friday Sept 2, 2011:
With the Fall TV shows starting up in a few weeks, do you have a new show you are interested in checking out? An old favorite you can't wait to start back up? Or, are you not a TV watcher?

I'm most excited for all the initial shows: CSI, NCIS, etc. The new show that looks pretty good is Person of Interest. I always thought Jim Caviezel was quite attractive, haha!

QOTD Saturday Sep 3, 2011
Have you ever come up with a food swap for something you really enjoy and want to continue eating w/o so many calories?

I love a good buffalo chicken sandwich. This is usually fried chicken on a bun with buffalo sauce and some blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping:scared1: This could easily be 800-1000 cals at a restaurant.

Here is the swap I came up with:
1 morning star chicken patty (140 cals)
1 whole wheat bun (150 cals)
1/2 tbs buffalo sauce (0)
1/2 tbs blue cheese dressing (40)
romaine lettuce (0)

Microwave the chicken patty and assemble on the bun. Top with buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing and lettuce. Delicious and only 330 cals. I've also topped with tomato and pickle sometimes. I've also used a blue cheese laughing cow spread instead of the dressing and tht's good too.

Please share your "swaps" even if it's just for a single item. Such as a popsicle instead of ice cream.

I'll come back here tonight and catch up on replies.

Have a great Saturday!

Mine is a recipe from Cooking Light. Very easy to make. It's worth it to go to a "good" deli to get the prosciutto - it's a lot less salty. Worthy dish to serve to company.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes.

Photo by: Beau Gustafson

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 rolled chicken breast half)
COURSE: Main Dishes

Ingredients
1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
5 teaspoons butter, melted
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cooking spray

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.

Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving Calories: 297
Calories from fat: 30%
Fat: 9.9g
Saturated fat: 4.4g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
Protein: 45.5g
Carbohydrate: 3.8g
Fiber: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 125mg
Iron: 1.9mg
Sodium: 619mg
Calcium: 94mg

Those recipes sound DELICIOUS. That being said, I might have to steal one for my own favorite swap because I don't have one of my own, haha. I do like to eat the Boca and Morningstar Farms meatless products regularly. Most of the time, I can't even tell the difference!

Good morning all! :goodvibes

They are running the Disneyland Half Marathon right now! :yay: It's been fun following the tweets. :cool2:

QOTD Saturday Sep 3, 2011 Have you ever come up with a food swap for something you really enjoy and want to continue eating w/o so many calories?

I love almost anything from Cooking Light. Also, I've been trying more to go for quality food -- eating something if it only sounds really tasty, even if it is higher in calories so food is more satisfying. I'll let you know how that works. :thumbsup2

So I take it, Shawn, that all this second round of stuff must belong to your DH, since that other stuff wasn't his. :rolleyes1 ;)

Deb, it is wonderful that you are able to help so many of your neighbors. :hug: Maybe with the rain you can get a smidge of rest -- can't do all that helping if you don't take care of you, too. :flower3: Glad that your orchard is okay.

Melissa, glad to hear about the good report from the doctor. Blood pressure medicine can be hard to figure out but it is nice when they get it! :thumbsup2

Sue, my fellow September bride. :bride: My recollection is that several of us are September brides. Chime in if you were a September bride. And don't worry about the momnesia -- I think it's only a problem if you don't realize it's happening. ;)

Oh and d-cot radio is at www.d-cot.com You do have to sign it but it is free.

The new thread for the Fall Challenge has been posted. We shall continue to have discussions on this thread and everyone can post their intentions on the new thread. Janis

Thanks so much for being our hostess, Janis! We still have some results to be posted on this thread, too. :thumbsup2

Have a great day all!

ROSE

happy-birthday_non-animated_23.gif

Good morning lovely losers:goodvibes

I hope you are having a great long weekend and treating yourself:goodvibes
Sleeping later, afternoon naps, reading a good book, glass of wine, talking with a friend, movies, pedicure, walking or a drive are all good non-calorie treats!!!

Things are looking better around here. We got a lot done yesterday. Many boxes could go straight to the attic~seasonal decorations, memerobillia for myself, DH and DS. Threw out some things and added to the Goodwill pile. We are making progress! And you ARE right Lisa, most of this stuff actually does appear to be DH's. LOTS of tools, garage and outdoor stuff, office stuff, etc. I was very pleased with his effort yesterday. He's always had a thing about parking both cars in the garage so he is desperately trying to get it cleared out. Pamela, around here recycle comes right to your door, same say as garbage collection:thumbsup2 We just put boxes and paper on the street and they pick them up!

Happy Birthday to Rose! Hope she is having a wonderful time.

I am almost a September bride (Oct 1st):bride:

Janis, I am heading to the Fall thread next to sign up! Hope to see you ALL there!

Gretchen, I too :love: your countdown calendar. I'm reading last Summer's Stepanie Plum and on the waiting list at the library for this Summer's (18?)
Very enjoyable light reading. The movie comes out this Fall with Catherine Heidel playing Stephanie. I envisioned her more looking like Angie Harmon or Sandra Bullock:confused3

Sue, I feel like sometimes I put so much into my job that I too get forgetful in other areas. I notice this in DH too.

Melissa, glad you had a good Dr appt and are on the way to getting your BP worked out.

Deb:worship: for all you do.

Dona, sorry DS did not get the job:hug: Hopefully something will work out for him this year. And, atleast he does have the other PT one for now.

CC, good luck with ALL those allergies - WOW!

Sorry, I don't have time to go back any further. Pamela, I know you posted alot of stuff I wanted to respond to. :hug: for the scale issue. I think you should be so proud of yourself for all you have accomplished and for working so hard to maintain. Do you need to have a high calorie day by any chance?

Today will be more of the same around here. I hope DH & DS will go off and play some golf or something. I need to go around and drop off the items we've borrowed from family and friends at some point.

Now for our QOTD. We have been talking about Fall being right around the corner. Fall is apple production time in our state. Did you know that the crabapple is the only apple native to North America? (saw that on Jeopardy the other night;)) Washington state is the leading producer in the US and apples are mostly grown in our northern states. In NC, they are grown in our mountains.

QOTD Sunday September 4, 2011:
What is your favorite kind of apple? What is your favorite way to eat it?
If you don't eat apples:scared1: what is your favorite fruit?

I like gala apples and I like to use my apple slicer and eat them sliced. DH & I usually eat an apple every day:)

I like gala apples and I like to use my apple slicer and eat them sliced. DH & I usually eat an apple every day:)

I'm glad that things are finding a home in your new home. It feels good to get things put away.

My favorite apples are Macintosh.

Right next door to WA state here so we get lots of wonderful apples. :love: I love the Pink Lady apples as well as the Pacific Rose apples -- they are so sweet. I always love a good Fuji apple, too. Apparently I've turned into an apple snob as I can't abide the old red delicious that I grew up on. :rotfl: I just eat them sliced or sometimes will make a waldorf salad with a little light Miracle Whip and a few pecans or walnuts -- sounds good for lunch!

Glad that some of that stuff was your DH's, Shawn. ;)

Have a great day losers (and maintainers)! :thumbsup2

I agree with gala or fuji

I like to cut them up into small pieces with the skins on, sprinkle some brown sugar and throw in the micro for 3 - 5 minutes to make baked apple.

On to the fall challenge thread

Gretchen, I too :love: your countdown calendar. I'm reading last Summer's Stepanie Plum and on the waiting list at the library for this Summer's (18?)
Very enjoyable light reading. The movie comes out this Fall with Catherine Heidel playing Stephanie. I envisioned her more looking like Angie Harmon or Sandra Bullock:confused3

Thanks! I think this summer's was 17, because 18 comes out in November. I think I heard that Katherine Heigl would be playing her before I read the books, so I easily picture her in the role. I loved her in 27 Dresses and the Ugly Truth.

Hmmm....apples are apples to me! Not my favorite fruit, but I do eat them. I bought some from the store the other day, I think they are Granny Smith.

Morning all! My allergies have been terrible last night and this morning. My left eye is just so itchy. I watched "Love Actually" last night, and it was really good. But I'll never be able to watch Harry Potter the same way-Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) and Alan Rickman (Snape) were *married* to each other in Love Actually! It was so weird to see them in normal roles!

pixiedust:party::bday: to Rose! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

Lisa I'm a September bride too! Our anniversary is next week (the 13th)!

I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately. I've been a bit frustrated with hard work and lack of progress and no help from my doctor. I overdid the exercise (running) the first 3 weeks the kids were in school and am now paying for it. So I am resting and will resume light cross training next week so I can be ready for the Tink training program. I'll most likely have to ease into it. I hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend.

Congrats to all the losers in this challenge! I'll try to chat more this week before the fall challenge starts. I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!

I just watched Dirty Dancing. Love :lovestruc that movie. Now to get something accomplished.

QOTD: Hmm I definitely try to avoid red delicious, although DS2 loves them--they're so juicy, Mom. ugh I like Braeburn, Fiji, gala, whatever kind is on sale. I bought some granny smith to make a pie about 8 months ago--they are still in the bottom of my fridge drawer. I believe it's time to chuck those babies. Something a girlfriend and I did last fall was buy a box of seconds from an orchard ($6 each) and then made applesauce. It was soooo good!

I did not run yesterday or today (yes, it's early here but supposed to be 90 all week). Didn't run while on vacation last week either. I'm feeling fat and guilty, TOM is almost here. May have to go out to DH's fancy exercise bike in the garage and cycle!

Had a very unsuccessful day at Ikea yesterday. So frustrating when you find out they no longer make the piece you are looking for. So much for a matching set. Then the cute on line shower curtain was ugly in real life. The clock for the bathroom was out of stock. It was definitely a "Calgon, take me away!" experience. grr

Today, I need to finish painting DS2's closet where the water heater was and get the garage back in order now that the water heater is there. Lots of fun at my house! ;)

Happy Birthday Rose!
Shawn, I'm glad most of those boxes are DH's. I cringed when I read the number delivered! We once moved and knew we were only going to live in the apartment 9 months. We barely unpacked and certainly didn't put anything on the walls. I was busy with DS1 (who was 2 weeks old when we moved) so didn't really care about decorating. Much more interested in sleep! I'm glad you got your house feeling "homey" for the year you'll be there.

Have a super day everybody!

hmmm I pretty much like all the apples. I don't eat them enough though. Slicing them up is usually how I serve them. If kids aren't eating them too much, then I will either crush them up and make chunky cinnamon applesauce or oatmeal apple cookies. Both are yummy and usually around once a month in the Autumn.

I like Macintosh and Cortlands the best.

QOTD: Honey crisps are my favorites though they are really expensive and difficult to find at some points during the fall. I'm looking forward to having some soon.

Today is officially the last day of summer for me! Tomorrow I get moving on getting back to where I was at Christmas last year. I have gained back all I lost in the challenge I did at the wellness center. Stress has been my biggest problem! Today I have been frustrated and ate very poorly. I also skipped exercise today.

My plan for tomorrow is to get up and do a 3-5 mile walk. I will also eat well and skip the bad snacks!

Tuesday will be last morning for early morning outside walks. I will do 2-3 miles then. I also have to work.

Wednesday the kids start school. I will get up at 5 and do WATP. I have to get Ash up at 6 to take to school at 7. At 8:40 I take Izzie to school. Then I will go to the grocery store and maybe a few other places and then come home and do some other workouts. Ash has soccer practice so I will get in some time walking/running at the track.

Thursday I will be at the spa at 9 and be there until 1:30 as well as on Friday. I will be doing my workouts at 5am. I will get some walking/running in at the track at night too during Izzie's soccer practice!

Now, to just stick to this plan and get back to better eating.

I should see if the kids want supper. I plan on having just water tonight.

TTFN :tigger:

QOTD Tuesday, August 30
If you could have the "ear" of anyone you want at Disney who would it be and what would you tell them?

I would talk to someone who had the authority to implement my suggestions, and I would tell them that ticket, cruise and room prices are just too high. I would suggest loyalty discounts for repeat visitors in the resort properties, and I would also tell them the resorts need to go back to having individualized merchandise, to make them special. I would also compliment them on great successes and their customer service.

QOTD, Wednesday, August 31st
Ok, one more tough question. We all make excuses--excuses for why we don't eat right, why we don't exercise, etc. One thing I have had to learn is the difference between an actual reason for not doing something (ex: skipping a run because of an injury) and making an excuse to avoid doing something.

Having said all that, what common excuses do you use to avoid getting healthy? Can you think of a positive way to deal with it so that next time you want to skip a workout or eat poorly you are better prepared?

My most frequent excuses are I don't have time and I'm too tired. I have to reorder my priorities so I get enough rest and make time. I've been working on it and I do go to bed at a decent hour, I just need to decide the workout is the most important part of the day. I don't skip breakfast, and I'm not skipping my workout -- and if I do, I will do something, anything, after work.

So, for today’s QOTD: Thursday September 1, 2011:
What are your plans for the Labor Day Weekend? Have you made special preparations to keep on track? Do you have plans to workout? Do you have healthy foods ready to travel with you as needed? Do you know what is being served at the barbecue you’re attending? Do you have any tips for the rest of us? Come on people, look alive! You know what they say……If you fail to plan, YOU plan to fail! :scared1:

We arrived home Friday, and we went shopping right away (ok, we didn't really have an option -- the cupboards were bare!), I had my workout plan ready through October/November, so I just needed to jump back in. You are so right, it is the planning that is key!

Good morning LOSERS and welcome to FRIDAY:yay::yay::yay:

Quick QOTD and then I'll be back on later.....

QOTD Friday Sept 2, 2011:
With the Fall TV shows starting up in a few weeks, do you have a new show you are interested in checking out? An old favorite you can't wait to start back up? Or, are you not a TV watcher?

I should not even admit this, because it's a long list...I will be returning to Masterpiece Mystery!, Masterpiece Classic, Masterpiece Contemporary, Castle, Hawaii 5-0, looking forward to Terra Nova!, BL, Body of Proof, the Middle, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, and Grey's; I also watch (but don't have premiere dates if they are new for the following) -- OLTL (yes, I am crying that river...), GH, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Alphas, Haven, Dr. Who, Sanctuary, Being Human (U.S. and UK), Primeval, Graham Norton, and probably a few others that have slipped my mind...

I've become kind of jaded about trying to watch a new show. They just seem to get pulled without any resolution, and I really don't like that :headache:

QOTD Saturday Sep 3, 2011
Have you ever come up with a food swap for something you really enjoy and want to continue eating w/o so many calories?

I've discovered I'm perfectly happy drinking citrus water instead of diet soda.

I do eat apples, and I'm about to start eating more again...I had stopped on my lower carb diet, but I'm going to try to add them back in. My favorites are pink ladies and Fuji, but anything red is generally ok. I like to just slice them and eat them raw. I've never been a big apple pie or baked apple person. :confused3

I am actually a May bride :bride:, but I believe I was fortunate to marry in the same year as the lovely Lisah. My honeymoon, and first visit to WDW, was in October 1993. I had to build up enough vacation at work to go :headache: It was the perfect time to visit -- a ghost town, and I was determined I would be back (dh, not so much :rolleyes1 ).

Fabulous questions, Rose and Shawn! I had a great trip to Montreal, and now I'm finally getting back on track. I'll post a mini-TR soon. The new thread seems like it's really getting to hop!

Maria :upsidedow

I promised you an mini TR, and if I don't start it will never happen...

Monday, August 29th -- We decided to wait until later to leave, to give the storm clean-up time to happen. Based on what we were seeing on the Boston news, it didn't seem so bad...(note, this impression was corrected when we started seeing the news in Montreal, they were much more concerned about VT). So it was a pleasant drive. We went up about 2 hours in NH, then another 3 in VT, and then about 45 minutes in Canada to Montreal. I had never been in VT for any appreciable time before, and I found it to be quite Green. Just miles and miles of green trees, green mountains, a lovely state. We decided to get something to eat in Montpelier, and the golden dome of the capitol just seemed to sit and shimmer in the forest as we approached. So, by the time we got to the border, we were ready to be done. We didn't have any issues entering, and were on our way up the farmland. Dennis said it looked like we were in IL, and I had to agree. If the signs weren't in French, I would think I was in middle America.

We were very pleased with our hotel. We had a suite so Ben had his own space to sleep and watch tv in. Unfortunately there weren't a ton of channels, but we brought the dvd player thinking that might be the case. We were beat, so we unpacked (we had a small kitchen), and walked to the local Mall. We had some not so great takeout, but we also found the close IGA, so that was fortuitous. We went to bed pretty quickly, we had a busy day ahead.

Tuesday, August 30th -- This is the day we scheduled a hop on/off bus tour, so we could get the lay of the land. It was a double decker bus, so of course my adventurers had to sit up top. This was fine for most of the tour, until it started pouring :umbrella: We were all glad we had picked this, we felt like we had a much better handle of where things were and what we might like to do. We also learned there apparently is a rivalry between Toronto and Montreal. Who knew? ;) We spent the morning on the tour, then got off and had lunch. We went to the Notre Dame Basilica in the afternoon (absolutely beautiful church, where Celine Dion was married), and then back there in the evening for a light show. We went to Old Montreal for dinner, and Dennis had poutine. None for me, thanks :rolleyes: Then Dennis decided to take a walk to see St. Catherine Street, since his co-workers had told him so much about it :blush: He went about 2 blocks and came back. It was a bit raunchy for him, and he wasn't overly comfortable being solicited :rotfl2:

The next day we wanted to walk around the city a bit. We went to the Underground City, and enjoyed the miles of mall -- but didn't really see anything that caught our fancy, much. We had lunch, and then we had to grab a taxi -- we had a tour of the headquarters of Cirque du Soleil scheduled! This was a special treat, they do not do tours for the public. Dennis works with them to find their space when they come to Boston, so we were offered a tour. We could not take any pictures, but I was absolutely amazed at what goes into a production. Of course they have the studios where they practice the shows, a gym, etc. What I did not realize is they actually dye the material for all of their costumes, and then sew them. They make or adapt all the shoes, and make all the headpieces. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say it was extremely impressive, and they also do a lot for the communities they appear in, as well as Montreal's poorest neighborhood. We went back to Old Montreal for dinner. It was my turn to pick and I wanted a crepe! It was more dessert than dinner, but my crepe had a ton of fresh strawberries and sliced banana covered in Belgian chocolate sauce, with sides of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. No, not exactly on any diet :rotfl:

Thursday, September 1st -- This was our last day in Montreal, and we planned to take the subway out to the Olympic Park. We found the subway to be quick, clean, and pretty easy to maneuver. We went up in the Olympic Tower, which had a fantastic view of the City and surrounding community. One thing we quickly discovered was there weren't really suburbs that go on for miles like around Boston, once you get out of Montreal it seems to be pretty farmy. We also toured the Biodome, with 5 habitats found around Canada and the animals that go with them. We did some more walking around Old Montreal, and ended up having dinner overlooking the marina. We did our final souvenir shopping (I got a couple of great pairs of artisan earrings and plenty of maple products for family and co-workers), and that's when Dennis sprang his brilliant idea for our exit on me -- wouldn't it be great if we could be on the road at 6am instead of 7:30?! :rolleyes1

Friday, September 2nd -- So, up at 5am, car packed, and groggy me and Ben are ready to hit the road. We were very happy to be over the border when we would have been leaving, but still...When we got to the border the guard asked Dennis where he worked, who Ben was, it was a little intimidating :eek: but, safely back in the U.S. we were able to relax and enjoy the Green. We got home in early afternoon, I started the :laundy:, we made our grocery list, and started putting away things we had out for the hurricane that didn't hit us, we were so fortunate.

I am pleased to say I started eating correctly right away, and I've run 3M Sat. and today.

We enjoyed Montreal, but I was struck by a couple of things.

The Good:

The news anchors were so multicultural they looked like the United Nations. And the sports announcer we saw was a very healthy woman. I liked that!

The people were polite, and we could figure out most things without too much help.

The Surprising:

Everyone seemed to be smoking -- all the time. It was hard for me (I'm allergic to smoke), but there were not smoking at all in indoor restaurants, so that was actually good.

We quickly got the impression that speaking English was frowned upon, even for tourists. From watching the news, we also felt like English-speakers were second-class citizens. That may not be the case at all, it was just the impression we got.

I did keep thinking I would have a better time if I were at Disney -- I think part of that was all the smoking, and part of it was things were unfamiliar and we had to work to figure them out. The taxes seemed really high, and figuring how much something really cost was a more math than I wanted to do.

The Verdict:

I am really glad we went, but I don't see the need to return any time in the near future. I don't know where next summer will take us, but I predict it will either involve a cruise or another big city in the U.S. My guys got a taste of non-theme park vacationing, and unlike me, I don't think they want to go back :sad1:

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks! I'm quite proud of the countdown calendar. This trip still doesn't feel real to me. I think it's partly because it's in the middle of the year and I'm focusing on school, where as the last one was after school ended by about a week. Also, there's not nearly as much to plan with this one since we'll be there for less time, are only visiting two parks, and don't have as many rides we want to do.

Which two parks are you going to and why did you choose them this time around?

I posted on the Fall Challenge thread and am looking forward to coaching HH again. I am changing it up somewhat to include more Disney. I have been prize shopping as well.

I am very much looking forward to HH during the fall challenge. I'm the weight keeper this time around, which should help keep me more focussed and by adding HH to it hopefully they'll both push me in the right direction :thumbsup2

Sue, my fellow September bride. :bride: My recollection is that several of us are September brides. Chime in if you were a September bride. And don't worry about the momnesia -- I think it's only a problem if you don't realize it's happening. ;)

Oh and d-cot radio is at www.d-cot.com You do have to sign it but it is free.

Thanks, I will check out d-cot tonight.

We're 9/9 but went out to dinner tonight early. When in September are you?

Happy Birthday, Rose! :bday: party: party:

Happy Birthday Rose! Hope you're enjoying your day :bday:

I am almost a September bride (Oct 1st):bride:

Close enough :goodvibes

I'm a macintosh apple kind of girl, and also caramel apples but we won't go there on this thread ;)

Morning all! My allergies have been terrible last night and this morning. My left eye is just so itchy. I watched "Love Actually" last night, and it was really good. But I'll never be able to watch Harry Potter the same way-Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney) and Alan Rickman (Snape) were *married* to each other in Love Actually! It was so weird to see them in normal roles!

Ugh, sorry to hear aout your allergies. Which one was Love Actually? I must have seen it. Is it the old one with Hugh Grant?

Thank you so much for the Spectromagic music. :woohoo:

Lisa I'm a September bride too! Our anniversary is next week (the 13th)!

Happy Early Anniversary :)

Today is officially the last day of summer for me! Tomorrow I get moving on getting back to where I was at Christmas last year. I have gained back all I lost in the challenge I did at the wellness center. Stress has been my biggest problem! Today I have been frustrated and ate very poorly. I also skipped exercise today.

I'm right there with you on the terrible job this time around during the summer challenge. I did so much better last fall :headache:

BTW, just saw Earl of Sandwich's new spot in Boston tonight. Not much different from the outside yet.

Hi everyone, DH & I had an early anniversary dinner tonight at Flemming's in town. It's our favorite steak restaurant just by the appetizer alone. We ALWAYS get the lobster tempura :love: So needless to say, the diet starts Monday. Yahoo for the fall challenge.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Which two parks are you going to and why did you choose them this time around?

Ugh, sorry to hear aout your allergies. Which one was Love Actually? I must have seen it. Is it the old one with Hugh Grant?

Thank you so much for the Spectromagic music. :woohoo:

We are going to Epcot for 2 days (our favorite park) for F&WF and then MK just in the evening for MNSSHP. With limited time, we left out AK (our least favorite park) and DHS because Mom doesn't care for it that much, and we wanted to focus on the fall happenings which seem to mostly happen at Epcot and MK. We will also be visiting Downtown Disney again.

Yes, Love Actually is with Hugh Grant. I think it came out in 2004.

My allergies are a little better. I have no idea what was triggering it, since I haven't really left the house, so no pollen or ragweed. I'm allergic to dust, but I just cleaned Friday night! Maybe it's in the ventilation system and is coming out with the A/C?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter