Biggest Pet Peeve(s) when you visit Disney?

Guests who act as if it's their world and we're just living in it are a definite peeve. But that's a general peeve, not just at Disney. One would think people should have some sense of courtesy when in a heavily populated place like Disney World, but alas, that's just not true. Kids on shoulders during fireworks, cutting line with a large group of people, giant strollers used as storage devices and battering rams, grandma letting the 4-year old sit on her lap and drive the ECV, and any other number of discourteous behavior seen at the parks just boils down to people who simply don't care if they are affecting anyone else.

I always try to be aware of the people around me when I'm in public, because that's how I was raised and taught to behave. And while I don't condone the men congratulating each other on hitting a child, I do like it when I see a parent with obvious high expectations for their child's behavior. Well-behaved, polite, courteous children seem to be a rarity in this day and age. Like I said...it's their world and we're all just living in it. Not a good way to raise children, IMO.

Two things going thru the Fast Pass line and hearing parents tell their children that we paid a lot more for the ability to skip the line and the dreaded line jumpers who claim they have been in line fox X amount of time and are just going back to their family.

Strollers and wagons. Double strollers. Some groups walking side by side with strollers. Folks using stroller as battering ram. Folks waiting until they are stepping on bus to stop amd fold up stroller. Then they sit by door to bus with big beast stroller blocking walk way. Folks taking up monorail cabin with big beast stroller while their kids aren't even in said stroller and then take up seats. Or even worse they let toddler push stroller and again it becomes battering ram. Going through bag check and park enter behind stroller. Most of time stroller is loaded with crap and bag check folks have to search through it all.
Another one is going to a lounge for a drink and it taking 30 minutes just to have server take order because lounge is packed and they only have 2 servers working ...ahem, Mizner's, TOTWL, Outer Rim Lounge, Victoria Falls, Sanaa Lounge, The Wave Lounge, Territory Lounge, Tambu Lounge... (forget even getting 1 drink at 50's PT lounge...Tune In)
How about the stroller pirates who get upset you won't get up and stand on the bus so they can sit with their stroller? Or the people that feel it necessary to bring a double stroller into tight, crowded gift shops?
Or now even bring them through resorts to wait, for say, an Ohana ADR and crowd the waiting area. Top that off with not being able to get a flippin drink at Tambu Lounge while waiting 30 mins past your own ADR....the nerve of it all!!!! (and not to mention it's 8:45 pm ADR and little kids should be getting ready for bed but, nope, they are running around fussing and throwing a fit with their big double strollers sitting empty)
I'm sensing a theme here...

You might not realize just how much of a relief it is to finally be able to go to Disney without a stroller. I've been on both sides of the issue and it's no picnic trying to navigate a stroller in a crowded park. Suffice it to say that I've had any number of people step right in front of my stroller as I'm moving through the crowd and then blame me for hitting them. Or back into my kid's stroller. Or say something nasty to me or my kid because they felt inconvenienced by my stroller. It's a two way street folks. A little patience and consideration on both sides might be helpful for everyone.

People saying I spent so much money on this trip so I’m entitled to pixie dust, free upgrades, free things because I’m celebrating and I’m the only one at Disney celebrating!

People feeling having kids entitle them to go to parades, shows etc last minute and their snowflake should get to sit in front of everybody.

Line cutters- do understand little kids and restroom (leaving line and rejoining). People shouldn’t enter line unless entire party with them.

Flash photography
Strollers/Wagons/ Coolers/Suitcases etc- are people moving to the park?
Stopping in middle of sidewalk or walking 4 wide SLOWLY

Flash photography on dark rides and fireworks.

People that stop dead in the middle of the sidewalk.

Parents who believe that Disney is the place for their kids to run wild especially in restaurants.

People that show up right before the bus arrives then boards before everyone else that had been waiting. This happens quite frequently.

You might not realize just how much of a relief it is to finally be able to go to Disney without a stroller. I've been on both sides of the issue and it's no picnic trying to navigate a stroller in a crowded park. Suffice it to say that I've had any number of people step right in front of my stroller as I'm moving through the crowd and then blame me for hitting them. Or back into my kid's stroller. Or say something nasty to me or my kid because they felt inconvenienced by my stroller. It's a two way street folks. A little patience and consideration on both sides might be helpful for everyone.

People that used to step in front of my stroller and are surprised it doesn't have air brakes. My arms would ache some days, not from pushing, but from yanking it to a stop or a hard pull away from an ankle that came out of nowhere. The worst offenders were families with small children that would have been better off in a stroller. The poor kid is tired and walking slow so I'm passing and the kid is ambling away and weaving or the parent is dragging them buy the hand and they wander right in front of me. I too am glad that is over.

All of these are so true. They can mostly be summed up as people that feel entitled and have little to no consideration for others. This seems to be prevalent outside of WDW too, but I think the crowds, stress and ‘wanting to get your moneys worth’ during an expensive vacation makes it much worse.

Flash photography on dark rides and fireworks.

People that stop dead in the middle of the sidewalk.

Parents who believe that Disney is the place for their kids to run wild especially in restaurants.

People that show up right before the bus arrives then boards before everyone else that had been waiting. This happens quite frequently.

This is DH's, and this is mine.

All of these are so true. They can mostly be summed up as people that feel entitled and have little to no consideration for others. This seems to be prevalent outside of WDW too, but I think the crowds, stress and ‘wanting to get your moneys worth’ during an expensive vacation makes it much worse.

I think you summed it up right here!

It’s very sad when parents are screaming at their kids... last trip I saw a child at the entrance of ToT crying and telling mom he was scared and didn’t want to ride. The mom totally lost it and screamed at the kid, saying that he’s ruining the whole family’s vacation... which, of course, only made the poor guy cry harder. So much for making magical family memories :(

It’s very sad when parents are screaming at their kids... last trip I saw a child at the entrance of ToT crying and telling mom he was scared and didn’t want to ride. The mom totally lost it and screamed at the kid, saying that he’s ruining the whole family’s vacation... which, of course, only made the poor guy cry harder. So much for making magical family memories :(

My parents were like this! They forced me to go on rides all the time but now it's my nephew (who's 10 now and still cries) who does it but he "doesn't have to go on if he doesn't want to". The double standard is ridiculous. If your kid doesn't want to ride but the parent does I don't see why parents force the issue.

Tie for me:
kids on shoulders during parades and
Fireworks and line cutters/parade latecomers who seem to think they can stand right in front of you on the curb when you've been there for an hour!

Very close third--guests with stroller loaded up with half their house, being surprised at bag check that they have to unload the darn thing--Be Prepared, People!!!

I second pretty much all those things mentioned already and this from MooseBucks reminded me of the absolute worst thing I've ever seen at WDW:

We were in Epcot WS one day and we saw this guy approach a couple who were with their (presumably) son who must have been about 4-5years old. This guy went to shake the dad's hand and congratulated him on not being afraid to smack his kid - the kid was crying at this point so we assume he was indeed just given a smack. The men then went on about how people are "afraid to discipline their children these days"!!! We were so horrified, my partner and I still talk about it; these two big guys congratulating themselves over hitting small, defenseless children!!
On my 2016 trip the disney dads were awful...all these 35-42 ish bro dudes with baseball hats and sunglasses who were OBVIOUSLY annoyed to be at WDW, like theyd rather be home playing video games or "watching entertainment" solo at home...so many dudes yelling at/hitting their kids, my DH was mortified and said to one guy who was yelling at his family "Why didnt you just stay home and send grandma with your wife and kids?".It was especially bad at EPCOT, where the dudes were fueled up with beer. Ive been on a ton of trips since 2005 and never saw so many disgruntled and frankly mean dads as I did in 2016.

Guests who act as if it's their world and we're just living in it are a definite peeve. But that's a general peeve, not just at Disney. One would think people should have some sense of courtesy when in a heavily populated place like Disney World, but alas, that's just not true. Kids on shoulders during fireworks, cutting line with a large group of people, giant strollers used as storage devices and battering rams, grandma letting the 4-year old sit on her lap and drive the ECV, and any other number of discourteous behavior seen at the parks just boils down to people who simply don't care if they are affecting anyone else.

I always try to be aware of the people around me when I'm in public, because that's how I was raised and taught to behave. And while I don't condone the men congratulating each other on hitting a child, I do like it when I see a parent with obvious high expectations for their child's behavior. Well-behaved, polite, courteous children seem to be a rarity in this day and age. Like I said...it's their world and we're all just living in it. Not a good way to raise children, IMO.
Lol, work with the public and you will see it all...children running wild while mom and dad are on their phones,people on their phones and ignoring their families/servers, etc...yes,it IS ok to discipline your kids,but the 15 sets of parents in my family,including my late parents,all managed to raise well-behaved kids without physical discipline.The ill-behaved kids I see in my business all have inattentive, self-centered parents and are usually acting out to get attention.Of course,sometimes there are just bad seeds,too, but it usually goes back to the parents.

I'm sensing a theme here...

I admit we are empty nest so, yup, it has been a while since I've had to deal with strollers. But our 1st visit to WDW was in 2003 and my kids were 4, 4 and 6 (twins 4 plus one 6) and we did it without a stroller because it would have been too big a pain for us to deal with. We did US and Seaworld one day each too, that trip (thought it would be one and done trip), and rented a stroller at one of those places and it was a huge PITA. HUGE! Someday, with the grand babies, we will likely be with a stroller at WDW. Uggghhh...I dread it. I'd take a single umbrella stroller and have kids share...JMO. (but I also admit we go into parks with no bags either...just have lanyard with zipper pouch for cash, license, DVC and AP and TIW cards and a bandaid...phone in pocket...everything else we can buy if needed...but also admit we don't do commando anymore either and maybe just 4-5 hours in a park)

Lol.
Had that nearly happen during a rundisney event. Disneyland, going through radiator springs, and a woman was backing up halfway into the *running* path (that she’d just been running on, so it’s not like she was unaware) to get a picture of friends. There were still people running through!

Your idea of bedtime is 5:45 my family’s time for at least a week into a time zone-jumping vacation. Assuming we know where exactly people are from isn’t always helpful.
Agreed but it's highly doubtful that there are THAT many kids on a 3 hour behind (CA for example) time zone waiting for an 8:45pm ADR at Ohana (for example). Shoot, we've even had a 10pm Ohana and still all the little kiddos is just shocking. Asleep at the table or fussing incessantly. One of our recent trips we were on a bus back to the resort (March at BLT I think) from DS and it was like 9:30PM and there was a large extended family with like 5 little kiddos who were trying to sleep and were fussing loudly (the whole 30 min bus ride). I heard one mother say that they had Uber waiting at the resort to take to airport for a late flight. I would HATE to have been on that flight. Hopefully the kids could sleep on the plane.

1. People who use flash photography in places where it's prohibited.

2. People who were given a menu when they walk in a QS restaurant, have been waiting in line for 15 minutes and only start talking about what they want to eat when the CM at the register asks for their order.

3. People who are directed to go all the way across the row and sit down halfway across.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter