Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

jenjersnap and ash&abby'smom,

The WL cake was delivered to our room the evening we checked in. When we returned from the MK, the cake was set up on the table with plates, candles, matches and a cake server. The Minnie figurine was $3.00 extra. They have Mickey, too. That is what I got for my DH last October. I think the cake choices were vanilla or chocolate, with chocolate mousse filling, vanilla filling and maybe white chocolate filling. I think this cake was $25.00 plus the additional $3.00 for Minnie. They just charged my CC I had left with them and truthfully, I haven't checked to see what they charged me.

I spoke with Chris from private dining - I will get the number and post it later.

Anne

Thanks Zurgswife, I just wish I could find that thread when I look for it!! I'll remember to search for "official" maybe that will help - is it by chance in a sticky thread as a link? :goodvibes

eeyore45 said:
Thanks Zurgswife, I just wish I could find that thread when I look for it!! I'll remember to search for "official" maybe that will help - is it by chance in a sticky thread as a link? :goodvibes

Yes, it's a sticky but its located inside the "Links to WDW Dining FAQs and Information" thread at the top.

scanne said:
The Haunted Mansion cake was $25.00 for the 8" cake and $8.00 for the image. So $33.00 altogether before tax. I have the DDE, so they took 20% off, as well.

It was really good, too. My DH deemed it better than the cakes from the GF Bakery!!!

This cake is awesome!!! I know it is from the MK bakery but did they send it to a MK restaurant or did you pick it up yourself? Thanks!

eeyore45 said:

I didn't even know there was an OFFICIAL THREAD! I just added it as a Subscription so I can see any new changes/cakes :).

Here is our much anticipated picture of our anniversary cake. It was this past friday the 28th, at 1900 Park Faire in the GF. It was a "custom cake", and cost $40. It was 10 inches.
cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

It was chocolate cake with Chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries in between, with buttercreme icing.

Blessings,
Winnie

goofy4tink said:
Please, please post a photo when you get back. My dd, and her friend, are celebrating their 13th birthday's in Oct, in WDW. We're having lunch at the GF Cafe on her actual b-day, and I haven't been able to decide what type cake to get. Your cake sounds perfect for the girls. Were you able to have them put 'happy birthday' on the castle cake? Just curious. Have a great trip.

Well. we're back:( (it was over much too fast!), but we had a wonderful time.:)!

The cake was exactly as we ordered it and soooo pretty! I took several pics and as soon as I recover just a bit more, I'll get them posted. There really isn't room to have the "happy birthday" written on the cake, but they did put the cake on a serving plate with it written there. Our waiter was wonderful presenting the cake and it was delicious!

I'll try and get those photos posted later today, but for the price, I really think the larger cake is a much better value than the mini cake...especially if you want to feed more than one or two people.

I loved the look of the fondant, but I never eat it. To serve it, you just cut each slice and then the fondant can easily be "peeled" off.

I just called to confirm my ADRs today and asked for numbers for Park Fare and CRT to order a bday treat (well, my kids aren't old enough to order things yet plus they have no credit care for the order :blush: so it was for myself). These numbers may have been posted before, but one number is different than what I had before so I'm gonna post them anyway, just in case someone needs them.
For CRT I was given 407-824-7091. That was for in the park reservations, not specifically CRT, they ask you to leave them a message and they'll call back.

For 1900 Park Fare I was given 407-824-2474 , which is to GF private dining. The CM was very nice and helpful. She also suggested not ordering a big cake (I wasn't going to but her advice made sense). She said she has seen people order huge cakes and the guests eat from the dessert buffet more. She also said I could get a free cupcake if the server or people at the podium know it's a bday. I ordered one slipper dessert because I think the kids will love it (ok I will too) and it's supposed to say "Happy Birthday Mom" on the plate. :goodvibes

Im only on page 8 so I have not seen this question asked yet. Has anyone had a Cheesecake made for a special occasion? My dh does not like cake and I am trying to figure out something special to do for our Anniversary.

tinkerbellmom31 said:
Im only on page 8 so I have not seen this question asked yet. Has anyone had a Cheesecake made for a special occasion? My dh does not like cake and I am trying to figure out something special to do for our Anniversary.

All of the info here as been reorganzied in one thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=13634712#post13634712

I haven't not had anybody post about a cheesecake but if you find out info I'd love to add it to my new Official thread....

Has anyone gotten anything extra special at CRT if you were having dinner during your anniversary?

peachgirl said:
Well. we're back:( (it was over much too fast!), but we had a wonderful time.:)!

The cake was exactly as we ordered it and soooo pretty! I took several pics and as soon as I recover just a bit more, I'll get them posted. There really isn't room to have the "happy birthday" written on the cake, but they did put the cake on a serving plate with it written there. Our waiter was wonderful presenting the cake and it was delicious!

I'll try and get those photos posted later today, but for the price, I really think the larger cake is a much better value than the mini cake...especially if you want to feed more than one or two people.

I loved the look of the fondant, but I never eat it. To serve it, you just cut each slice and then the fondant can easily be "peeled" off.

I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time! I'm anxious to see your cake pictures.

Disney8704 said:
Has anyone gotten anything extra special at CRT if you were having dinner during your anniversary?
We celebrated for dinner there 2 weeks ago this saturday. We were given 2 champagne flutes with the CRT logo on them. Very pretty.

Blessings,
Winnie

peachgirl said:
Sorry to be so slow...here's a pic of the cake we ordered:

cake1.jpg

Ohhh that looks so tasty! Thank-you for posting the picture :goodvibes

Wow that cake is perfect for what I want for my anniversary. How much was it and how many did it feed? Can you get a cake that will feed 1-2 ppl but with all that?

peachgirl said:
Sorry to be so slow...here's a pic of the cake we ordered:

cake1.jpg

Can someone please post some pictures on here of cakes from CRT. Also I know you cant order the castle cake from GF to be delivered to CRT but can you order other cakes from GF to be delivered to CRT? I was thinking about doing 1900 park fare for my anniversary dinner just so I can get the castle cake, but DH really wants to eat at CRT for our anniversary and it is a lil more romantic then 1900s.

Disney8704 said:
Wow that cake is perfect for what I want for my anniversary. How much was it and how many did it feed? Can you get a cake that will feed 1-2 ppl but with all that?

This was a 6", 4 layer cake that would feed 4-6 easily. You can get the mini cake that feeds 1 or 2 ( if you don't want a large serving), but I don't know if they'd be able to do the rolled fondant or not. You might be able to order a single layer cake that they could do fondant on, you'd just have to call and check.

This cake cost $25 for the cake, $15 for the castle and $15 for the fondant, $55 total. Since we had 2 birthdays, it made much more sense to get this one instead of 2 of the mini's. It was only $5 more, fed more people and we were able to add the fondant w/stamped mickeys on it.

We had 3 adults and there was more than enough for us to each have a serving and still have half of it left. We just took the leftovers back to our resort.

That cake was beautiful!!!!!! We'll have to remember it next year when we're there to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.

I am still trying to figure out what to do this year for my birthday- a cake for breakfast at Chef Mickey's for 8 people or a small one for 2 at my bday dinner at Le Cellier...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter