Birthday at Disney? Do you have pictures of cakes etc?

Disney8704 said:
Can someone please post some pictures on here of cakes from CRT. Also I know you cant order the castle cake from GF to be delivered to CRT but can you order other cakes from GF to be delivered to CRT? I was thinking about doing 1900 park fare for my anniversary dinner just so I can get the castle cake, but DH really wants to eat at CRT for our anniversary and it is a lil more romantic then 1900s.

No, the cakes from CRT do not come from GF. If you go to the 'official' cake thread, there's a picture there of the cake I ordered for my birthday dinner at CRT last December. (It's post #27 in the other thread) They said they could put any character on it except Pixar and Pooh characters. It was $25. I called the MK cake number which is 407-824-7091

HERE's the cake thread.

I love the Mickey cake! Can anyone tell me what kind of cake it is, chocolate or vanilla? Does it have a filling? How big is it? Also, does anyone know of any desserts that we can find for someone who has celiac? Thanks :wave:

BUMP! Any more pictures?

Also, anyone have ideas for keeping the cake cool? We're eating at 1900 then going back to MK for the fireworks. I'll have a stroller so I'm wondering if it will melt before I return to the hotel?

I'm totally disappointed. After looking at the amazing pictures of your cakes for weeks I finally called GF to order my dd's birthday cake. The lady on the other end told me just to ask for the 6" cake when I get there. I told her I wanted something more special.

She said okay the castle cake is $25. Then I said how about an 8" cake? She said $25. She was not helpful at all! I kept asking for options and the best she could come up with was $25 for the cake and $15 for a Cinderella edible image on top. Well gee that's boring. I was thinking more exciting.

What should I do? Any other number I can call to talk to someone who gives a dang? I called 407-824-2474.

I am looking into getting the mini castle cake for our anniversary, but I was wondering something. Instead of getting the chocolate castle, would it be possible to have them put a mini cake topper on instead, like a mini castle. Bascially a cake topper u cant eat.

100AcreWood said:
I'm totally disappointed. After looking at the amazing pictures of your cakes for weeks I finally called GF to order my dd's birthday cake. The lady on the other end told me just to ask for the 6" cake when I get there. I told her I wanted something more special.

She said okay the castle cake is $25. Then I said how about an 8" cake? She said $25. She was not helpful at all! I kept asking for options and the best she could come up with was $25 for the cake and $15 for a Cinderella edible image on top. Well gee that's boring. I was thinking more exciting.

What should I do? Any other number I can call to talk to someone who gives a dang? I called 407-824-2474.

You can try calling back and speaking to someone else. I ordered a slipper dessert from there for last week and it was really pretty. They even wrote "Happy Birthday Mom" on the plate in chocolate. It was for my birthday, but since it's just me and my two kids (ages 8 and 12), they can't order things for me...no credit card. I checked on cake prices first and the woman I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

Does anyone know if you get cinderella and prince charming image on a cake at CRT?

My dtr. will be three while we are there and we are celebrating at 1900 Park Fare...called the number and asked about getting a "pink" cake. That's all she talks about is the cake being pink! First they tried to get me to take the standard $12.50 one...I said no I'd like something a little different. I didn't really feel like she was working with me on the "pink" thing. I ordered a $12.50 cake with castle on top? (The reg. castle one only feeds 2 she said. Plus she wouldn't do any pink on that) I asked her to make sure it said to do as much pink as possible and she said it would say "Happy Birthday Kelly" on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I cancel that and order something else? We leave in 14 days. :confused3

LBKMAMA said:
My dtr. will be three while we are there and we are celebrating at 1900 Park Fare...called the number and asked about getting a "pink" cake. That's all she talks about is the cake being pink! First they tried to get me to take the standard $12.50 one...I said no I'd like something a little different. I didn't really feel like she was working with me on the "pink" thing. I ordered a $12.50 cake with castle on top? (The reg. castle one only feeds 2 she said. Plus she wouldn't do any pink on that) I asked her to make sure it said to do as much pink as possible and she said it would say "Happy Birthday Kelly" on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I cancel that and order something else? We leave in 14 days. :confused3

I would call back if you are not satisfied. I called again today and the cm I spoke with was really great. She said I could get the standart 12.50 cake when I got there, but I explained to her it was for my dd's bday and I wanted something a little more special. I inquired about a 8 inch cake. She said I could have vanilla or chocolate, with a filling of pretty much anything I wanted from chocolate mousse, white chocolate mouse to fruit mousse fillings. An 8 inch cake is 25.00. As far toppers, we talked about the 3d white chocolate castle (I forget what the price for that is), cinderella's slipper would be $14 exta or they have a topper for $30 which included and edible Cinderella and castle background with a glass slipper filled with truffles.

I would definately try back. Good luck.

100AcreWood said:

Definately call back. See my post above, the cm I spoke with was very helpful. The number I called was 407-824-2578.

Hi everyone,
We're back from celebrating our birthdays at Disney! Dd was celebrating her 4th and I was celebrating my 30-something or other ;).

I ended up ordering a cake from Crystal Palace for dd. Unfortunately we never saw it. We had a terrible experience there and will not return for many years. We arrived just before 5 for our 5pm dinner reservations and were seated after 5:30pm. It was the longest I've ever waited for a Disney reservation. I told the hostess we were celebrating dd's 4th birthday and she didn't even look up. They had mickey confetti all over the table which was cute. The food was awful and the selection was very limited compared to our last trip in December. We saw another kid get a cupcake and half the restaurant sang to him. Dd was getting excited. We waited and waited. Our waitress finally came out with two cupcakes and slowly sang Happy Birthday. No audience participation for us. I remained calm because dd didn't know about the cake and she was happy with the cupcake. Of course there was no point in mentioning it - they truely messed up. It felt completely unspecial.

Fortunately we had a wonderful celebration on my birthday at 1900 Park Fare. Our waitress Patti made our birthdays so special. She had everyone sing, we received birthday crowns and two giant cupcakes! It was wonderful. Cinderella spent a lot of time talking with my dd. The food was great. We are definitely looking forward to returning to 1900 one day!

Good luck to everyone with their cake orders!

For all those with problems ordering from the GF bakery, I would keep calling back. I have had great experience with their bakery over the years. I posted this on the official cake thread, but I thought it would apply here as well. All questions are welcome.

Here are 3 pictures of DS 1st birthday cake at WCC on Sept. 1. I got the idea from another cake picture posted on a different thread. The GF bakery did it and delivered it for our ADR at 7:30 p.m. All the decorations were made out of chocolate. It was absolutely incredible. The pictures don't do it justice. I have pictures with DS, but I have an issue with posting family pictures on the internet. Sorry. Hope the pictures turn out. It's my first time posting pictures.

On a side note, I was able to store the cake in the refridgerator behind the front desk until I checked out. Then, when I got home, we were successful in removing all the decorative chocolate pieces. We are going to use the boots, belt, parchment paper, star, and neck thingie on the cake for the party at home.

DSCF2334.jpg

DSCF2335.jpg

DSCF2336.jpg

ukwildcat, the GF informed me that they could make a cake for me and deliver it to another resort restaurant...for a $75 delivery charge. I don't mind paying $75 for a cake if that's what the one I want costs, but I think $75 for delivery is over the top for just a birthday cake. Do you know if the price you payed included that delivery fee?

My dh is not a cake person but loves cheesecake. Can we order that instead? Or does it have to be a layered cake. I'm looking through the cake thread but I haven't seen anything yet.

jcemom said:
ukwildcat, the GF informed me that they could make a cake for me and deliver it to another resort restaurant...for a $75 delivery charge. I don't mind paying $75 for a cake if that's what the one I want costs, but I think $75 for delivery is over the top for just a birthday cake. Do you know if the price you payed included that delivery fee?

Looking at the receipt, it says nothing about a delivery charge. Off hand, I remember speaking with the food/bev manager for WL. She said that the GF would not deliver it, but that someone from the WL would be going to get it.

I would definitely try to coordinate the delivery with the restaurant you are eating at, and possibly someone from that restaurant could get it. Hope that helps. I have found the food/bev managers to be very helpful at the resorts. I have never had a cake delivered to a park. Hope that helps. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck.

Thank you for the very helpful advice! I truly appreciate it! :goodvibes

I was planning dinner at Chef Mickey's, but I'm not very optimistic I'll find someone there to help. So far they haven't even returned my calls, LOL. I'll keep trying though. I guess until I actually talk to someone I can't possibly know what they'll say, LOL! :teeth:

i dont know if this is in the thread or not but its a lot of pages to look back through so sorry if it is.

my friend is going to be staying at POP next month with her boyfriend to celebrate her b-day and i was wondering if i could order her a cake from the boardwalk bakery and have it delivered to their room? I dont think pop has their own b-day cakes so is my plan do-able? and does it cost extra for delivery? TIA!!! :goodvibes

Here's the cake I ordered from the MK bakery for DD's birthday Sept. 8 at CRT. It's the 8 inch cake with vanilla cake, filling and icing. It was $25 and the Tinkerbell was $8 for a total of $33. I did get the 20% discount for the DDE card. It was delicious and I thought the Mickey head confetti was a cute touch.

100_4841.jpg

100_4843.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter