Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

We were supposed to stay in a Royal Guest room the year they came out - they weren't ready so we got a magical upgrade to Poly!

I love the royal rooms, but that's an upgrade i wouldn't hate!!!! One day we'd like to stay at the Poly because that's where we got married. But my dream resort would have to be the Grand Floridian. It's not even super special, in my opinion. It's just like "wow. i've made it." Kinda like how I begged my husband for a standing mixer years ago and have maybe used it once. It's the idea of it... (and expensive idea) that "i'm an adult. i have a pretty, red standing mixer."

JP really seemed to handle the travel day well.

honestly, he did. he was like that most of the trip. in fact, he was kinda ticked off when we took it slow on our travel day home.

Wow, your royal room is beautiful!!

Isn't it?! Thank you. We're stuck on the royal rooms and have done them more than once now, so I forget that a lot of people still haven't seen them.

When you leave... then it's Orlando airport.

no kidding. then it's just sad, boring, old Orlando. booooo.

Who doesn't???

It took me a few trips to care about this at all. I was more impatient... I WANT TO BE IN DISNEY! But I've learned to accept the journey (and old mickey cartoons).

Very nice. We did the opposite. We did that on our last day. Sort of as a way to say goodbye.

Now that's a fun idea! We took it slow on our last day and walked around art of animation this trip and we really enjoyed that.

I've carried both my rugrats. One on the back, one on the front. Wayyyy easier than carrying them in your arms all the time.

It's genius, really.

What is that?
Mashed potatoes with gravy and a turkey leg?

I think. I don't 100% recall, but I nearly always have mashed potatoes when given the option, so i'm going to go with yes! And it was incredible.

They do!? I didn't know that! Very nice. ::yes::

That was something new we found out and we were really impressed!

Hahaha that's great!

One of the reasons I keep him around.

It's an expensive penny though. :D

Sooooooo true.

We have some resort days planned on our upcoming trip. We never have resort days. DH is a little worried we'll get bored but I think we'll be fine. Plus we'll be at FQ so we can always go to Disney Springs. I'm sure the resort has a lot to do.

There is so much to do at the resort. What I really wanted to do and we didn't have time for was the campfire sing along with Chip and Dale! I've been wanting to do that for years now. But yes, there's the boat to Disney Springs, which is its own world now (I mean, they have a SPRINKLES CUPCAKE SHOP!). But there's SO much to do just at the resort. I also wish we had time to hang around the pool and do trivia and stuff like that. In 2015 we were so hot we went back to the room one day for a rest. Ended up enjoying a drink by the pool and watching people do all kinds of games and stuff. Check out the resort recreation calendar if you haven't already!

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resort-recreation-guides/

no kidding. then it's just sad, boring, old Orlando. booooo.

::yes::

It took me a few trips to care about this at all. I was more impatient... I WANT TO BE IN DISNEY! But I've learned to accept the journey (and old mickey cartoons).

I guess I kinda feel like I'm already in Disney. Getting there is almost irrelevant.

What I really wanted to do and we didn't have time for was the campfire sing along with Chip and Dale! I've been wanting to do that for years now.

I've been wanting to do the campfire sing along too! Maybe I can talk dh into doing it this year. When I brought it up, he didn't seem too keen on the idea. Whatever. I can always leave him at the resort and take dd5 Brynn and ds8 Gavin (if he isn't too cool to go). I have a horrible sense of direction so I'm not sure I'd make it out there without his navigational help.

Check out the resort recreation calendar if you haven't already!

http://www.kennythepirate.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resort-recreation-guides/

Thanks. I would like to do the Mickey tie-dye if it's not too much $.

Great opening day and relaxing night just around the resort! I bet your daughter loved the carriage ride! We saw them riding around when we stayed at French Quarter last summer and it looked like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear about some more of your trip!

What a fun first day! POR is so pretty and those Royal Rooms are perfect! I love that y’all did a carriage ride. I always forget they offer them there!

Your dinner looks amazing! I’m starving right now and after seeing pictures of your plate, this Cliff Bar is pretty boring!

Love all of your matching shirts!

Yes we finally arrived in Disney! As Michelle said we toted all our luggage with us. We didn't want to risk waiting for it once we got to Riverside. When we got off ME we looked around all the stuff and wondered how we were going to get it all to the room. We ended up giving the bag to bag services and headed off to find our room. We booked a standard Royal Room but Michelle has asked for a corner room when she called to make sure they had a pack in play on the reservation. When we got to our room and found we did get the corner room and it had a pool view we were trilled. A little bit of Disney pixie dust. After check out the room I stayed behind to wait for the luggage while everyone else went to check out the store. It took a pretty good while to get our luggage I believe it was a little over an hour. Waiting that hour was better than waiting 3 or more hours. But this had me worried for tomorrow when we would need to move our stuff to POP. How long would we wait for them to come get it from us?

We debated eating before our carriage ride but we really didn't have time. I really enjoyed the ride. It was something we always wanted to do but never stopped to take the time. It was the perfect way to kick off our trip. I checked the current menus but whatever we had isn't on there any more. I'm pretty sure Michelle had turkey. Here's my flank steak.

IMG_2965.jpg

It was pretty good. By this time were all just glad to have a real meal.

There was still more fun to be had. We did catch the tail end of "The Princess Frog". We missed the campfire, so that is still on our someday list. After the movie Michelle needed to get John Paul settled so I bribed Gia to go back to the River Roast. I have always wanted to catch Yehaa Bob. This was my 3rd stay and I wasn't gong to let the opportunity pass again. I had to promise Gia after we watched for awhile she could do some more pressed pennies. Of course when we got there the room was standing room only. We watched for a few minutes, he was doing the birthdays still and then we left. I still want to see a full show but at least I have laid eyes on him. There just wasn't enough time to stake out a place well in advance. One more thing to add to the every growing list.

The next day is Saturday and our first park day. We had a lot to do in the morning. We had to pack back up and get our stuff to luggage services so it could get moved to POP. Animal Kingdom was the park for the day. It had extra morning hours starting at 8 am. Would we make it for rope drop? We also had an ADR for Tusker House for 8:30. Would we make it for that? Would all our stuff make it to POP? We had our fingers crossed for a renovated room too. Tune in to find out.

I have some pretty bad anxiety. I know it’s usually pressure I put on myself, I don’t like to ask for help, and quite frankly, with my husband’s hours, I don’t GET help (although having both of our parents close by is amazing, it's not the same as having an extra pair of hands at home). So throw all of that, on top of the unknown of bringing a baby to Disney. Did I think of everything I could? Did I pack everything we need? WHERE IS YOUR FATHER TO KEEP YOU FROM CLIMBING IN THE SUITCASE?! Doesn’t he know I need to clean all these dishes before we leave? Doesn’t he know I need to finish packing, and then clean up-like-the whole house so I don’t come home to a messy house after vacation? DOESN’T HE KNOW I AM DROWNING OVER HERE IN THINGS TO DO.

You are NOT alone!!! I do the EXACT same thing by putting so much pressure on myself and setting my standards so high. I want everything to be just 'so' and I find myself wondering if my family would even notice if I didn't put so much effort into everything. I typically unload on my husband over the smallest thing and he doesn't even know what he did/didn't do. But the day before travel day and travel day are so stressful!

When we got off ME we looked around all the stuff and wondered how we were going to get it all to the room.

Next time arrange for a semi trailer to meet you. Plus a crew to load and unload it.

When we got to our room and found we did get the corner room and it had a pool view we were trilled.

I'd be so happy that I'd be trilling too.

I really enjoyed the ride.

We did too. It's a nice relaxing, yet fun way to pass some time. :)

I have always wanted to catch Yehaa Bob. This was my 3rd stay and I wasn't gong to let the opportunity pass again.

Nope!

I still want to see a full show but at least I have laid eyes on him.

Well... that's something! :laughing:

One more thing to add to the every growing list.

I have one of those lists.... It never seems to get shorter!

I would like to do the Mickey tie-dye if it's not too much $.

Now that sounds like fun!!

Great opening day and relaxing night just around the resort!

It was. If I had it my way, we would have done so much more around the resort, but I'm happy with how it all went.

I just love POR. It's so beautiful!

It really is. I'm a history junkie and we love the real plantations close to where we live. So this has become a second home for us.

Love all of your matching shirts!

Thank you! So much more where that came from LOL

We booked a standard Royal Room but Michelle has asked for a corner room when she called to make sure they had a pack in play on the reservation.

I forgot about this! Yes! I had on my to-do list (go figure) a few days before to make sure everything was good, request pack n play and an upgraded room in Pop. They led the witness with other questions about location, and I just went with it. Turns out, we got everything we asked for and more! I always find so much more happens when you call and talk to a person at Disney. Even when it takes forever.

You are NOT alone!!! I do the EXACT same thing by putting so much pressure on myself and setting my standards so high. I want everything to be just 'so' and I find myself wondering if my family would even notice if I didn't put so much effort into everything. I typically unload on my husband over the smallest thing and he doesn't even know what he did/didn't do. But the day before travel day and travel day are so stressful!

YESSSSSS!!! This is so me. And now we're trying to sell our house and it's awful and I'm not sure why I put these projects and stressors on myself. Really need to lower my expectations.

I'd be so happy that I'd be trilling too.
:rotfl2:

I have one of those lists.... It never seems to get shorter!
NEVERRRRRRR. And that's why we keep coming back, to make NEW memories. Disney knows what they're doing FOR SURE!

FIRST PARK DAY!
*Breakfast*

Imagine… Christmas morning. Everyone is sleeping, but exhausted from being so excited the day before. But you, you’re a parent. So you’re dreaming of how wonderful the looks on your kids’ faces will be when they see everything you’ve worked so hard for. You’re going over and over the logistics in your head to make sure all the details are ironed out and perfect. So yes you’re not sleeping great, and yes you’re stressed and worried, but more than anything, you just can’t wait to see their faces when they finally get to experience the magic.

That’s a fairly romanticized version of how I was feeling, waiting for the alarm to go off that morning. It was going to be our first day in the park! Somehow or another, Jimmy, Gia, and JP all managed to stay asleep through Mom and I getting ready. Mom probably takes the longest to get ready, but I was the bag-packer, and baby get ready-er. So she and I were up, excited, and just trying to accomplish everything we could before little hands kept us busy.

RzBp45v73cWuSV7Ix_1xUJ8KepaX7pznPtctZwkflU-Fn7fKYzOVGEklyKU9su8budkRPc86yoC_xrREd2w43LHCWjl-Iw6gl2Ve8ycuuoS9RtNfTnEmNiuFVhm-13WXv1XZauLV

Everyone eventually got up and moving and it was getting to crunch time! I will say, we had breakfast reservations and that was our only real deadline. The park (Animal Kingdom) opened at 7am **(Mom said 8am, and she’s right. But they ended up extending it to 7am just a few days before)** that morning, and we probably could have tried super hard to get there and ride Flights of Passage and all that before our 8:20am breakfast reservation… but it was our first day in a park, with a baby. THAT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Accepted and moved on.

Jimmy’s number one job this trip was just to help out when we needed him to. Mom and I are the ones that get things done, but when we need to get those things done, he needs to occupy kids! But this particular morning, he was also in charge of getting our bags to luggage service at the front of the resort so we could have them shipped to Pop! So our morning was like a closeout sale: everything must go! The trick was having everything we needed for the parks in our park bags, get ready, and then pack up and drop off all the stuff we just used to get ready.

Cute outfits. Check!

Stroller with everything already attached for ease. Check!

Bags sent to Pop. Check!

Snacks, baby foods, camera, medications we need and don’t need, entertainment, possibility for rain things, all the backpacks we own, the name of our first born child, and all the other things you think you need to be ready for that first day with a baby in a Disney park. Check, check, and check!

We were ready. LOAD THE BUSSES!

5m4o886VYk4N18-8aZ26_Oylw5EyJdpzEd9GjLJ83XGgNjMy0jb4QTklVMJ_Wh3un6tc31_IWMmuTS3ErbC75SgeLAa80_nN1_x7jIbujipAnDRLHB5D-t6NNUEHHqvAbI6X6AUm

This was us, waiting for a bus to AK at 7:13am. NOT BAD!

We were off the bus and taking pictures in front of the sign by 7:38am

A4dcjZ2J6Z-OMoFMUD7Lrs0nnUu0ADC3KNp-afAEwyHGRprgD7YB0okKIb63azWqdiFZ9Y1owKpGmUDvib2BnIzRHMMJy5OijU7fS8O4Yqf9wiVUQ2jn0QzOq53pZETL4z1yXXiR

By 7:54 we had already taken, roughly, 3 different sets of Photopass pictures (including the one below).

riZ-o_HKLUu2pDGfzFmJyHUswefcIzLMuu7c-gZ8YbUCm6DVT36_wVG5K2H31k2X2vymBkremGkHgAQlyMjgXSCwcInTI59_SiLcRbRwvzDfjmHedhtqhPnNYAS_KaOpoiUKbj_9

And by 8:01am we were checked in and waiting for our 8:20am reservation at Tusker House!! We joke about it now, but we spent a LOT of time in Africa that day. So looking at the pictures, it looks like Jimmy took several scenic pictures while we waited to be seated… of Africa. Which we would see from basically EVERY angle throughout the day.

NeN9WRy7H5x4t6491uHNGWLHBbtNF6C_uGSxexXJw1ve1_jn5Q8rdT4kZppUdbN7LN13eugjmJ7VAY_9K6pGHE5TYPG2gxw5R56AS7VWGifIgPjRD1yq8YXc3SSRHoj7d0r-TQTY

We weren’t seated for very long before they called us up! We walked around to the back and parked the stroller, grabbed what we wanted, and headed inside. We walked past the buffet room, took a right, and headed nearly all the way back. We must have been a part of the first seating that morning because the place was empty! We ordered drinks (coffee!!!!) but the juice at the table was REALLY good. Do not skimp on the juice at these breakfasts, people!

2BgnfZXqOyBCCyBCW6Ut324Wzy7IxX_uvPbcWo8LE1dj0x-gBNP08KvV_-tlvRvmvnwRkZ-L7HTzDEdckLDYXQWNeIS4AJA4XvMtg9Ba0KJxM1gcNPp5ab8HWTWQHP40WCHgkDmk

The details in this place, in places you wouldn’t normally look, it’s just phenomenal!

With the baby, it takes a little while to really get settled in. You eat, I’ll get him set up, switch, bathroom, switch. You know: divide and conquer! But we were on a mission and excited, and no one wanted to miss this. Somehow, we all had food by the time the first character came around…

Now if you recall, we originally had a BOMA dinner planned this day. A few days before we left home, I changed it to this breakfast. Breakfast is better for our family, and it was a character meal. Always a great way to start a trip. And we needed to see how he was going to react to characters.

By 8:18am… JP was going to meet his first character. At the time, Gia was about to turn 8 and she is still REALLY into the characters. Watching her get excited still fills me up with butterflies, sunshine, and rainbows!

X-I5JpD6lx4DOj8ZWmY_DtKRBSq_Cec2OCjpolWM4GwOEg5tpnHYWZiYQjqY1CsyPOYUPXHSy0Gvi4nRJOiTPUAzRsfPV-70fC67sVkf8jqTDnnPYETHaCLHUECsJhbpBDpWyYdh

(insert Jaws music)

It’s headed your way, JP! WHO COULD IT BE!

HBETpvA_Lmu9GL700TSx2oOyJu4J5rSHDChJK_7Z7cRIv9k2h7lQeKtk8-5WdZgOcjlKrEgJm7pJ_msZSO_Py8oKX2IzOSfmSTL9GyHPvAzoma18QPkRx8Oavof2u33pOsx3wZFt

IT’S DONALD DUCK (which he says, now)! And he came right on up to his high chair! How stinkin perfect. Gia was excited. Those are her manicured hands with the camera on the right.

k-yqtqcoRZWSAqZEWwqa8ukPIKiD-Rzmtf2uFJIHhBUosxvpFGvOT5KCVYKhKcHYjbohgx4a_FDu14v87rUQPicZfffYowhhbjQeUThilhX-K9MIFz4dMYtlugj7YemFqOInPM8v

q15wQ6X9beQhCCx8wGunDnphABogt-eSjPdU9wl0TyTJheYp4Sp1tiqhFWSyR2453tAwBBsLTVHxxuJiLTvKLuwu3z_c6q8XyVNJc0-EV_5ejuFxxOzBmKSAY94VlwoVAnllOJ9I

FIRST PARK DAY!
*Breakfast*
[continued]

Got our autograph and picture, and he made another go at JP. They became quick friends. I couldn’t get a picture of it, but he did kiss Donald. Or he may have been teething on his bill. Oh well, still cute!

U1t5yS2eghZvroCDp33miny_nj-t4dXUU8rDJd-3-ZwUPTz6WWJnhA29liyGtDLuw5ZCCIToZEHcHc4GJZ6a1AcjRsQec7Sc_JosED3QQmP03Vzk_kEF_m2bxcPPONQLxLxK0s9Y

Awesome. We got through our first character, it went swimmingly (duck joke). There was plenty of good food that all of us would eat (yet another reason buffets are the way to go). We had him in a high chair that fit right up to the table, the characters came right up to him. Everyone was happy! Mama had her coffee! SO FAR SO GOOD!

qpwgjAXsFwSnLrP7DCKAMTYTFCg2R8qMj5EwO5nXbWBF7Xl3BjDfP0igSE1c65Yx9l0BAzDCOoWGbw1XF7C-tyIuyfqNDWIRLpFNsL56zljWAYhl_sYrI44vh_MjE1-a0EmR2u4z

Yes, so, so good.

Then it was time for the next character. Who could it be?!

7pfJabQGwj-cJgqx0IiIVD7ZpnI6ErvamTLWsZiu3ohyecl-dzmZ9nN9jGCIn4JH8UrmBxfF7bGbEMilHVbGPsplTiaJijPaUIxhYxTto1AoAxV3Jt36xyDmPZsu33G7hxSvbbFs

We’re ready. Gia’s on her feet, autograph book is cleverly placed. WHO IS IT?!

2xmngcheC6DMx8uai4qDmxG7T0Siuep0ccTTU3oLZOPS_bwq148zGPx7io6BrqYzeGe7qfXywvBtnESY1R8tNXx61Xur_BkxjF64DenWi11MZOvn3i6xysImPtLwgvRkPizgIyxE

Is it?! Could it be?!

LzGdcP8UxSQ6_r0hz27sqPAbEOPBRYZYVgBFRohVOhRo_mE372uRzIIdTvnuBmSFiuQeiL2R4UxrLDh63rovCBbpi44nvWrtk8_cmAFj1NqHZWhTSmN8PiZ8X-YzP5Q8axheJF6I

MICKEY MOUSE?!!!!!

-r54x5XYwO2Mq7UBmzpID9-g_OzPwlfjTzyDjtUHjOpNhHMCMQ9QQASsw1DZrUNAPjtcdSXTKNkmra_o0kjn18sb-8233PDDzcU6odjInQLkddNllXxf6H2Tuqt1FaFxWZWexFWF

The characters play peek-a-boo with babies. If Gia begging to be the one to bring him to meet Mickey wasn’t making me tear up already, then this definitely was. This is like one of those happy moments you relive when you hate everyone and need to be reminded that it’s only temporary. HE WAS SO EXCITED! I mean, he loved Donald, but HE LOVED MICKEY MOUSE!

Th-hj56CZ3mNDlAVH9sV0cldvp8n8T59Idc7rkQ53Al2RukyBSCLTE9jhxVcTU2yHrU78geNuLvhyl-9TDt4FwmaWKNsxmhGbnpqRR3zLU-elPnZ5jzsU2wrpq-2IM3Cr3m8nn1o

VB7VOYjlfGPRJl0zHso6QmSzBOhlhDCuljpsiJoBe0P9ci2K8dcYZXk2PLsRCi-_Q5BtT7DjLYeK5TCEdZLxcHitOOHVy6RuEC9DMd-vTs3d4jcoFeYxnm97XSo9Bzy59ieUb7KW

He had Mickey in his life, and he was not letting go. But Sissy needed her time with the Mouse, too.

TaGy_DIPciPAOEgkKd-4cn0yrM3HVR1qtp0k7QZuG4V8uphid5ULwADMtScrQaKxdq4QM_jF4S19dIh1MH1VL8eQgthEy902Bs35Jb7klWnfYaoqiuUqj5402YmT8gmvc_xAWAEg

The next character ended up being Gia’s favorite. We didn’t anticipate that, but when you think about it, they certainly favor one another!

ZQMIJWmAmKhkp19MP76Q_fiOH9dSV11fzy9-vxngxVcmqNVXIplbKE_NB1xFteX_mm7IIIhaoxocOlRWmzYTiuidXY_YtbrGk3sjXHzvjZRLarOmGS9QpSRiSi5yc7Pe8i_omajt

FIRST PARK DAY!
*Breakfast*
[continued some more-- last one]

wxpYHwF_SZm5trrWGJgSdcAtl6T5-7TMvIzvsWjnY-Liw4O-RJAPHB_KGOwbO4KQa2xUucXMprewSfBg2fg6obFm2Qp6gWt48b-fndrlSYJIaux1ezk1jxISjwR2w0zqqjtqTj2f

Things got a little Goofy after that…

kRble3R8FdALWjU_5dwRZ_fXPaFt75LiiZJiAWl-YRSRshVGHrOcb2muJNI43koHR9N3eXTW2SyPbFLn7QV_FLJq28GmdcthIziA1XNRmxOaXqiJIYl7oyFL9jKFocwMCZKvc6LE
7TrnrnoWXo9N69J_l3BaZwrID4DX0Xc3ysn3GDuRWl7QhtWeC0uk-Yhkt5W5y2-dKCML5vqv3OAixddQ8WSGBG42ymfqQRRjRk9sZko-ZRDrBF2KMOhnZhiWt9gKVkSKSns-WNV-

Then, we just needed to wait for the check, sign and dash! TO PANDORA THAT IS!

But first, more pictures…

ZaP6HeosOhtkttTw4Xfyef8Dq9M35IkqQnnJ-lAhipvJgkdTjty4acumpOpAdXZNjqQJq_gKWqe4rlb7KJhlD-aNJYdtjfT51-CkJGfyv-LpeshxLsLWRRPoza01rPAl_KKcalbW

BP9qEZaMHv6bU-hHbK-EPrQZDNFtoBn0yBIZinGXRGdosZfk_xMzTTw8vYALBdsPBd822UsDX-dejjTZZFfGOqo1P6QJRfKSx6HZdmcC_Cs010sIMpvlx2-kixsERJdcozBO2wre

She wanted to photobomb a lot this trip. Of course, it’s less of a photobomb when you tell me that. But okay, i’ll go with it.

UtZYD5wnr17C-TajxkmecmpeXKkJjQIxv7BpJ-XQEOCc7c_BkvmGxcGCgXlVbRNG52nOVBbR4TUUEOutGBgEmMTWf5JdWGIocm24Yrbll6r4oGtK-dnUMv5V6oiHvOs_mwzpp2ca
oqgTY68lCF6cRzKEdwBzgSemRmo_AwhSxqaKMvqXmbyk9ZfD5LxSntcWXX6mLBpBNNf4Lnyfpg9YCbH35vjK5KUVRFdTk9rDlrbUIz4fjbCCwFCZRIx5dgIB3JMIU9A91POJuTb9
PrY6ASSEiBMJoywQEcYIE6R9GMhUa8r4vVdbJxvee2Bi3GU4Efu01N0eUPFOVwktd8hsgf1xHl44B8K1c9qYrTQ92ZtH4wYILN5oVnxonLTMCRgEUcR7f4J7v2vad3oXT5WHka8V

Next: Our trip into Pandora!!!!!!

YESSSSSS!!! This is so me. And now we're trying to sell our house and it's awful and I'm not sure why I put these projects and stressors on myself. Really need to lower my expectations.

That is so stressful! We sold our house two years ago because I knew I didn't want to deal with that on top of my husband's military retirement, relocating (across the country), finding new jobs, etc. The fact that your house has to always be ready for a showing was making my whole family crazy. Luckily our realtor was amazing and had our house sold in just over a week. Prayers that you can sell your house quickly!!!

Makes it allllll worthwhile.

THAT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Accepted and moved on.

Do you have any idea how many parents do. not. get. that????

We were ready. LOAD THE BUSSES!

I suspect a NASA lunar excursion has fewer logistics.

This was us, waiting for a bus to AK at 7:13am. NOT BAD!

We were off the bus and taking pictures in front of the sign by 7:38am

20 minutes! Score!

We ordered drinks (coffee!!!!)

The call of the parent.

but the juice at the table was REALLY good. Do not skimp on the juice at these breakfasts, people!

That's POG isn't it?

The details in this place, in places you wouldn’t normally look, it’s just phenomenal!

You're not supposed to look where the sun don't shine!

You eat, I’ll get him set up, switch, bathroom, switch. You know: divide and conquer!

Ah yes. I remember that.

At the time, Gia was about to turn 8 and she is still REALLY into the characters. Watching her get excited still fills me up with butterflies, sunshine, and rainbows!

Awwww...

(insert Jaws music)

:laughing:

IT’S DONALD DUCK (which he says, now)! And he came right on up to his high chair!

How did he react to being surprised like that?

he did kiss Donald. Or he may have been teething on his bill.

:lmao:

We got through our first character, it went swimmingly (duck joke).

:sad2:

(good one, though)

Love this!

He had Mickey in his life, and he was not letting go.

Oddly enough, that's how I feel.

Oh my gosh his face when he saw Mickey! I think I may have teared up a little! How great he was so receptive to the characters too! Gia is so sassy with Daisy, so cute. Also fun she still loves characters. She may end up like my friend and never out grow them, 31 and she still begs to stop for every character spot when we go lol.

We must have been a part of the first seating that morning because the place was empty!

I've never seen it that empty before. But we always do a late breakfast at TH so I can try some of the lunch offerings. TH is one of my favorites! I love the theming and the buffet choices are great. Character interaction is always good. Service is usually great there too.

So cute! I love JP's face in this picture. He's like "Omg is it? It can't be. Yes it's Mickey!" Adorable! Very cool that Gia is still into the characters too. My 8yo son is kinda over the characters. He'll tag along for his little sister but he doesn't get excited. Once in awhile he does get excited and want his picture taken.

You are definitely off to a great start. You never know if they are going to love or hate the characters and JP really loved them. I hope the rest of the day continues like the first part.

The fact that your house has to always be ready for a showing was making my whole family crazy. Luckily our realtor was amazing and had our house sold in just over a week. Prayers that you can sell your house quickly!!!

I'm hoping it sells quickly for all the same reasons. I'm crazy enough as it is trying to get through the day to day. Trying to do it and sell the house is brutal! If they could show it while we go to the beach in a few weeks, that would be ideal. #dreaming But thank you! All the prayers and good ju-ju is welcome!

Makes it allllll worthwhile.
Doesn't it?!

Do you have any idea how many parents do. not. get. that????
I'm coo-koo sometimes, but I know most limits.

I suspect a NASA lunar excursion has fewer logistics.
If I didn't have kids to put all this energy into, I probably would work for NASA.

20 minutes! Score!
I know! I was both shocked and VERY pleased.

The call of the parent.
Early character breakfasts.. you spy another parent filling up their coffee...
upload_2018-6-5_15-46-7.png

That's POG isn't it?
I don't remember. Between this and Ohana's juice, I don't remember the names or what they were made up of. But I was pleasantly surprised. Quite frankly, I'm not adventurous when it comes to meals. But I liked it!

You're not supposed to look where the sun don't shine!
HAHAHAHAHAH

Ah yes. I remember that.
Makes me rethink not naming this thread "divide and conquer"

How did he react to being surprised like that?
Honestly, he thought Donald was a giant, moving, stuffed animal and he just wanted to love him and hug him and squeeze him. He was so excited, and kind of bewildered when Donald was walking up, but I think it helped make it feel okay when Donald really got on his level and we were all smiling and giggling, and it made it okay.

(good one, though)
I try.

Oddly enough, that's how I feel.
:hug:

Oh my gosh his face when he saw Mickey! I think I may have teared up a little! How great he was so receptive to the characters too! Gia is so sassy with Daisy, so cute. Also fun she still loves characters. She may end up like my friend and never out grow them, 31 and she still begs to stop for every character spot when we go lol.
I love that she still loves characters. We are in a small and delicate window of time where they both love it. Which made going at this time even that much better for our family! But I'm not sure she will ever grow out of it. She has started to like thrills slightly more over the years, but she still loves her pictures with princesses and characters. We even think of fun poses and picture ideas, so it's different every time. She's a lot like me in that sense. She's a pain in the butt sometimes, but she finds and loves the magic like we still do.

Love the pictures. Looks like a great trip was had by all!
It truly, truly was!!!! Can't wait to show you more.

I love the theming and the buffet choices are great. Character interaction is always good. Service is usually great there too.
We really enjoyed it. For us, it's about the experience. And overall, our experience was wonderful.

So cute! I love JP's face in this picture. He's like "Omg is it? It can't be. Yes it's Mickey!" Adorable! Very cool that Gia is still into the characters too. My 8yo son is kinda over the characters. He'll tag along for his little sister but he doesn't get excited. Once in awhile he does get excited and want his picture taken.
:earseek:

You are definitely off to a great start. You never know if they are going to love or hate the characters and JP really loved them. I hope the rest of the day continues like the first part.
We weren't sure what to expect. He's such a flirt, we figured he would love the Princesses the most. Nope. Give him a giant stuffed animal that plays peek-a-boo and he's on cloud 9!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter