• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

For me, it comes down to balance. Norway/Elsa was a bit left of center. In isolation I'm ok with it. If it's the start of a trend, then I'm not on board. No doubt, imagineers hear the critiques. For every one us in this sub forum that doesn't like what happened in Norway, there is probably three little tikes that like it. The accountants have their own take and motives, that often differ with the creative folks.

We all know we are going to end up with a compromise that creative and the pencil pushers can agree on. What is going to drive the gift shop sales? I think the Rat in France makes more sense, IF you had to choose only 1 of France/England to get an attraction. The rat gives you lots of merchandising and restaurant tie ins. England, anything that has been suggested is either too forgetful, or maybe better served in a different park.
If France is going to get something, as well as England. I think you see France get the animated IP based stuff, and I think you see England get some sort of pop culture attraction. I could see British Invasion/music being something worth a look.

latest news is baffling to me....

Per multiple rumors - Will be IP driven, but Poppins is not the lead option. Won't be a simple spinner or merry go round. But will be a smaller C type attraction probably, maybe B.

I have no idea what this will be.....

What are some examples of C Type attractions?

What are some examples of C Type attractions?
A C ticket attraction is typically a dark ride or spinner (Peter Pans Flight, Figment, Dumbo, Magic Carpets etc.). I suspect if UK pavilion gets an attraction, it'd be a dark ride of some sort...

I could - though that is partly because my company is the one that built the Gherkin ... when I was over there and the tour guide referred to it as "the erotic gherkin" I felt so proud :|

Be glad it wasn't the Death Ray. At least the Gherkin is convex.

A C ticket attraction is typically a dark ride or spinner (Peter Pans Flight, Figment, Dumbo, Magic Carpets etc.). I suspect if UK pavilion gets an attraction, it'd be a dark ride of some sort...
Off topic but considering how far off this thread has veered reminded me of what I just read in the "The Making of Animal Kingdom" book: apparently the youngest crew members when they pitched a ride and was told it was a D-ticket thought it meant D-grade and asked to round it up to to a C

As much as I would like to see more rides in World Showcase, I find the Ratatouille ride to be pretty 'meh'. Plus they would have to use up that plot of land between France and Morocco to build it which means no future country pavilion there.

But then at the rate these country pavilions are being made, we're probably not gonna get any more countries anyway.

Now the UK pavilion on the other hand has plenty of room for a large ride, and I wouldn't mind if it were Mary Poppins.

Right-o. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to read about what might be. Logic gets a little heavy handed at times, I think, fighting "the good fight." I think he/she would probably admit that. Maybe? :teeth:
Huh-- all these years and I never considered the possibility.....

As much as I would like to see more rides in World Showcase, I find the Ratatouille ride to be pretty 'meh'. Plus they would have to use up that plot of land between France and Morocco to build it which means no future country pavilion there.

But then at the rate these country pavilions are being made, we're probably not gonna get any more countries anyway.

Now the UK pavilion on the other hand has plenty of room for a large ride, and I wouldn't mind if it were Mary Poppins.

Actually, all of the pavilions have room for expansion, but it is behind the pavilion, not just next to them. There are some things back there (having been backlot at EPCOT multiple times), but most of them would be fairly easy to put elsewhere back there. They would have to clear a little more land on the other side of the backlot road, but that should be very doable. If they are willing to move the road, then there is a lot of space back there. Even France, which is very penned in by a variety of non-movable things, has more than 80 feet behind the current pavilion structure available for use, if they wanted to use it.

Here's where this generally good discussing loses traction:

1. Everyone agrees futureworld has issues (never even disputed)
2. World showcase until last year was still operating 100% to theme/design
3. To "correct" this...put magic kingdom style flat rides In world showcase...

Huh? Now this is oversimplified...no doubt. But this is why it's hard to shut it down.

Is this what the management thinks? Is that not a bit of a stray if so?

Help me out.

Last edited:
Here's this generally good discussing loses traction:

1. Everyone agrees futureworld has issues (never even disputed)
2. World showcase until last year was still operating 100% to theme/design
3. To "correct" this...put magic kingdom style flat rides In world showcase...

Huh? Now this is oversimplified...no doubt. But this is why it's hard to shut it down.

Is this what the management thinks? Is that not a bit of a stray if so?

Help me out.
So....
what if I said FW was getting:
Updated M:S, SSE, Seas, Land and a new indoor rollercoaster in UoE?
Add to that, Innovations revamp, and the spine going from FW to WS is getting beautified?

Now, in WS :
We are getting "supposedly":
Rat ride in France
Small ride in UK
New pavilion - Brazil is leading I believe
Sprucing in other Pavilions - like maybe Coco in mexico and some updating movies and or live performances.

Seems pretty even to me.

Add to that a re-done opening of the park, with the tombstones(my name for it) moving.

OH, and......
A gondola ride from DHS and other resorts as well.

OH
and some added resorts in area.

Do you feel better now?

So....
Add to that, Innovations revamp, and the spine going from FW to WS is getting beautified?

Now, in WS :
Rat ride in France
Small ride in UK
Sprucing in other Pavilions - like maybe Coco in mexico and some updating movies and or live performances.

Seems pretty even to me.

Add to that a re-done opening of the park, with the tombstones(my name for it) moving.

OH, and......

OH

Do you feel better now?

I think any work In Epcot should start and focus on corrections/additions to futureworld.

That's a billion right there without a sweat.

If...after that or concurrently...they'd be willing to augment the showcase in an appropriate matter...which is not to put in tshirt rides based on animated characters "set" in those countries in there...then I'm fine.

You are talking about a mass of money...and I don't doubt that changes are coming but I don't see this level of drastic.

The new country rumor (read up on the economic state of Brazil and tell me if that would be a wise move for representation) is as I said: like the holy grail. Anyone who believes a rumor there till its being built is not wise. Gonna be hard to dispute that one with any "insider info"

So this is why I'm "heavy handed"...rightfully so. You never leave the nights watch.

The gondola is the real interesting thing right now. It will change that area but you should be very cautious that it will be "for the better"...very.

And there is little indication any rack hotels will be built there or anywhere else.

The demand would have to be much higher with means much more attendance. Even Star Wars may not do that. Put that on the "back burner"

Last edited:

Unfortunately true. I was kind of upset when they announced that the royal sommerhaus was being built on a potential country site but got over it thinking that it's been about 30 years since they did any new country so I probably wouldn't see it filled in my lifetime
So....

Now, in WS :
Rat ride in France
Small ride in UK

Seems pretty even to me.

OH, and......

OH

Do you feel better now?
I always had a feeling the country was going to be Brazil. There were too many flags indicating otherwise :D

I think any work In Epcot should start and focus on corrections/additions to futureworld.

That's a billion right there without a sweat.

If...after that or concurrently...they'd be willing to augment the showcase in an appropriate matter...which is not to put in tshirt rides based on animated characters "set" in those countries in there...then I'm fine.

You are talking about a mass of money...and I don't doubt that changes are coming but I don't see this level of drastic.

The new country rumor (read up on the economic state of Brazil and tell me if that would be a wise move for representation) is as I said: like the holy grail. Anyone who believes a rumor there till its being built is not wise. Gonna be hard to dispute that one with any "insider info"

So this is why I'm "heavy handed"...rightfully so. You never leave the nights watch.

The gondola is the real interesting thing right now. It will change that area but you should be very cautious that it will be "for the better"...very.

And there is little indication any rack hotels will be built there or anywhere else.

The demand would have to be much higher with means much more attendance. Even Star Wars may not do that. Put that on the "back burner"
I do believe the FW work is targeted first.

Per another insider - the ONLY things in FW not to receive any work in the next 6-7 years is Test Track and Soar'in

So yes this will be an unprecedented spend in WDW in quite a while. It needs fixed.

I will add again, if you don't believe rumors, until shovel is in the ground...I contend if shovels are in the ground it is NOT a rumor.

My assumptions on Gondola, is the fact they plan to use that as the main mode of transportation from those sites, and decrease and per a few sources end bus traffic in some of that area. I love WDW, hate having to ride busses everywhere. It is one reason I usually love to stay at Wilderness lodge and use the boating to MK.

Here is the thing to really, really think about.

With the addition to AK with Pandora, and with the new confirmed additions of TSL and SWE to DHS, there will once again be a huge draw. To mitigate some of that draw, they have to have other draws as well. I do believe they fear(fear may be too strong a word) that they will totally crush DHS with SWE. So to upgrade and really add to Epcot, and have at least one solid maybe more in MK, that will help spread the crowds out.

I also do believe there will be additions to hotels in WDW in direct reaction to SWE, Pandora and the 50th all coming very quickly.

With the addition to AK with Pandora, and with the new confirmed additions of TSL and SWE to DHS, there will once again be a huge draw. To mitigate some of that draw, they have to have other draws as well. I do believe they fear(fear may be too strong a word) that they will totally crush DHS with SWE. So to upgrade and really add to Epcot, and have at least one solid maybe more in MK, that will help spread the crowds out.

That crush, if it comes, is going to really be in the first year or so. If they really wanted to alleviate that, wouldn't they need to be working on it now? It takes them 3 years to turn anything out, if they don't start until after SWE is getting crushed, by the time they finish, SWE is heading to Kindergarten.

That crush, if it comes, is going to really be in the first year or so. If they really wanted to alleviate that, wouldn't they need to be working on it now? It takes them 3 years to turn anything out, if they don't start until after SWE is getting crushed, by the time they finish, SWE is heading to Kindergarten.

Yeah...that's the elephant in the room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter