• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Sky Rumor: Ride coming to UK Pavilion?

That crush, if it comes, is going to really be in the first year or so. If they really wanted to alleviate that, wouldn't they need to be working on it now? It takes them 3 years to turn anything out, if they don't start until after SWE is getting crushed, by the time they finish, SWE is heading to Kindergarten.
I don't believe it will only be a one year thing, look at what HP world has done. Per insider reports, they have work planned to do, the Caribbean Beach resort is just the start. Rumors of a Star Wars designed resort are out there as well.

And yes, it may take 3 years or so to build. So yes, we will probably start seeing something sooner or later

I don't believe it will only be a one year thing, look at what HP world has done. Per insider reports, they have work planned to do, the Caribbean Beach resort is just the start. Rumors of a Star Wars designed resort are out there as well.

And yes, it may take 3 years or so to build. So yes, we will probably start seeing something sooner or later

I agree it will elevate HS for more than a year. But after year 5, it may not still be commanding the same numbers. TBH, I'm not even sure that HS overtakes MK in attendance, even with SWE. I don't think Disney will be doing anything to EPCOT because of SWE. They'll be doing it because at that point, it will be 25 years overdue.

Depending on what is done with the security bubble, the gondola could be a real game changer for wdw. Looking at Disneyland and DCA and their parkhopping within the security bubble, I think the potential is there for that relationship between DHS and Epcot. You way overwhelm DHS with crowds, and want to allow them to spill over into Epcot. Being closest to the IG will get the love, along with the spine to future world. Seems natural to want to grown in the space between the two parks. If you can some how enclose epcot and dhs in to the same security perimeter, you'd gain a lot of people holding capacity.
If you can do that right, you can turn epcot into a hub, making the other parks it's spokes so to speak.
Reaching a bit, ok, a long way. However those advantages have to be apparent to the planners at wdw. The fact the park is neglected in of itself warrants a great deal of attention; doing it with the intention to support the rest of the walt disney world is icing on the cake.
The know something has to be done....and they'll either shoot for the moon, or totally cheap out. 3 years ago, that answer to that would be a given. Now, it's at least a reasonable debate.

I agree it will elevate HS for more than a year. But after year 5, it may not still be commanding the same numbers. TBH, I'm not even sure that HS overtakes MK in attendance, even with SWE. I don't think Disney will be doing anything to EPCOT because of SWE. They'll be doing it because at that point, it will be 25 years overdue.

HS can never overtake any of the parks because of then size/service discrepancy.

If it ever climbed anywhere close...you'd see attendance start to fall due to the miserable experience.

I bet if they had it to do over again...Star Wars would have been placed where new fantasyland was...but they didn't know at the time.

Notice they didn't put it in DCA which was an easier/Better to fit than frontierland?

Last edited:

With the addition to AK with Pandora, and with the new confirmed additions of TSL and SWE to DHS, there will once again be a huge draw. To mitigate some of that draw, they have to have other draws as well. I do believe they fear(fear may be too strong a word) that they will totally crush DHS with SWE. So to upgrade and really add to Epcot, and have at least one solid maybe more in MK, that will help spread the crowds out.

I also do believe there will be additions to hotels in WDW in direct reaction to SWE, Pandora and the 50th all coming very quickly.

There is another way to mitigate the potential crush-- and they are already doing it.......and have been for quite some time now....

There is another way to mitigate the potential crush-- and they are already doing it.......and have been for quite some time now....

See here's the thing: everything buit now with perhaps the exception of Star Wars is reactionary over the last 5-8 years. I'm not sure they "wanted" any of it. Before that they sat literally on their thumbs when capital was cheap and invest was never going to be easier for 8 years. Takes that long for bob to look at the books? I suppose if he didn't speak at 3 symposiums everyday, heh?

So while I would LOVE for them to really kick butt at Epcot and make it a solid 15-20 annual visitor park...its all theory based on their own lazy policy. It would be nice if they could get people there for things other than wine booths (and the HELL out of the dvc rooms occasionally as well.)

See here's the thing: everything buit now with perhaps the exception of Star Wars is reactionary over the last 5-8 years. I'm not sure they "wanted" any of it. Before that they sat literally on their thumbs when capital was cheap and invest was never going to be easier for 8 years. Takes that long for bob to look at the books? I suppose if he didn't speak at 3 symposiums everyday, heh?

Eh...capital is still cheap, credit spreads are still very tight and rates are anticipated to remain low for the long term, despite the rise in the yield curve post-election.

Chances are they bonded all/most of these projects at least a year ago.

Eh...capital is still cheap, credit spreads are still very tight and rates are anticipated to remain low for the long term, despite the rise in the yield curve post-election.

Chances are they bonded all/most of these projects at least a year ago.

They would not only be making more now...but better positioned to capitalize on the market if they hadn't gone embarrassingly cheap.

Would'a, could'a, should'a.

We can lament what could have been all day. My concern is the current spending. They've certainly spent a lot recently, and have many things in the hopper, which we hope will come to completion without interruption.
It now makes sense why just before the announcement of star wars land, why they really did some belt tightening.
Star wars land, toy story land, Pandora, coranado, Caribbean and Gondolas are things we can all acknowledge as having had money spent in a quantity towards making a reality. Of those, the gondolas don't have a confirmation, but we have permits at least to say money is being spent in preparation for some sort of mystery project. If they are spending the money to move the water table stuff, we know they are least serious about whatever that project entails.
That is a lot of money to be spent. If one thing is for certain at Disney, if they spend money, they are expecting to make some in return, and somewhat quickly.
I think any sort of epcot investment(aside form stuff directly related to gondolas), has to be at least some sort of phase 2, after they've got some return on the investment of the above items. They may just be Pandora coming online.
I think the success of Pandora(or lack of) will determine if things are green lit for Epcot.
I also think logistically, the timing of these major project must also be considered. Until Pandora is online, I don't think they want to disrupt much more in the parks. With Pandora online, you may very well see a guest surge, and realistically even with it online, they don't have a net gain of acreage.
Aside for Gondola related stuff at the IG, I don't think you see anything happen there until Pandora is online, and there is a certainty of toy storyland imminently ready. Basically no more than two lands out of commission during a summer season.
That being said, I think you can get a quick win, if either france or the UK gets some sort of an attraction upgrade, that doesn't impact their daily operation. The other rumors for epcot may also be able to be accomplished with minimal impact. I suspect that will be a player in how and when things happen at epcot...along with the money side.

For real, I remember body wars so vividly even now. Very gross to 10 year old me, but very cool concept too. And cranium command was the other one like it right? I feel like they could really do some great work with combining something like Inside Out to help explain the emotion, memory, and the brain. Something accessible and fun. Would peter pan 2.0 in UK be fun? Probably, and I don't begrudge them for making it and helping eat the crowds. But I'd really like to see that creativeness and innovation in Future World.
Inside Out is screaming Epcot!! Come on- why don't' they get it in there??

I would love to see a ride in the UK pavilion. Ever since they added frozen in Norway, I think they should add a Disney movie ride in every pavilion that takes place in that country. A Mary Poppins ride would be great or what about an Alice and Wonderland ride.
An Alice in Wonderland attraction would be perfect. I'm not a fan of these type of attractions taking over EPCOT but Frozen has opened Pandora's box.

Okay this is just MY supposition...so don't go running out and say this is a rumor. But.....
If Brazil is the addition to WS, And......Tiki room is closing......... Wouldn't that be a perfect fit for an attraction for Brazil? Now, rumors have the birds going to some restaurant.....but still.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter