Boulder Ridge: Likelihood of Getting Renovated 1BR in early Feb

mwhite67

Earning My Ears
Hi. We're staying at Copper Creek in early Feb and I've been thinking of adding a 1BR night at BRV on the front end to check out the renovated rooms. I know it's probably still a bit risky at that time as to whether we'll get a renovated room. Does anyone know if they prioritized the 2BR and 1BR rooms for the renovation or do they just move through sections of the building regardless of room type. I guess I could also request a renovated room as well if we book it. Thanks for any insights you have and have a great new year!

It's tough to say. Right now, they are at around 40% complete, based on the areas already refurbed (the atrium, and the short wing closest to the main lodge). They are already well underway on the fourth and fifth floors of the long wing that runs parallel to the lake. The general consensus is that they are targeting March or April to be 100% complete.

They are blocking off full floors at a time, so whatever room mix happens to be on that floor is what gets done. I'm not sure if anyone has gone and made an inventory of the room mix in the completed sections, but it's obviously possible.

Will likely book Boulder Ridge for the summer, love a new and fresh room. Stayed a few years ago and the rooms were so dark and dated.

Yes I'm curious. We just bought our first DVC resale contract there. We're retired so the deed length/price makes sense for us and we've always loved the WL. Looking forward to experience the new rooms too.

I'm checking in later this week. Requested a refurbished room so fingers are crossed. Would love to hear from someone who has checked in over the past few weeks and if they received a NON refurbished room. Maybe they've stopped checking people into the old rooms?

I'm checking in later this week. Requested a refurbished room so fingers are crossed. Would love to hear from someone who has checked in over the past few weeks and if they received a NON refurbished room. Maybe they've stopped checking people into the old rooms?
I hope you get one! Keep us updated and share pics!

Saw a post this week on FB of a person with a BR studio booked and was given a BR 2BR instead, unrenovated. It sounds like 4th and 5th floors in long wing is under construction. So they may still be using the lower floors in that wing. They were ok with it becasue they got a bigger sized room upgrade.

I believe only the refurbished rooms are available. The rest of the rooms to be refurbished are closed and being worked on.

I booked a 1-bedrom for June 2023 with hopes they'll be all done by then - I requested specific 4th & 5th floor rooms facing the lake and hope I'll manage to get one of the requests - I've been lucky on 3 past stays at Boulder where I got a specific room number request fulfilled each time...I love the high floor lake view rooms. I don't have any need for the trundle bed pullout under the TV - the only part of the reno I don't like as it loses living room dresser storage space - but in general the refurbs are nice and the murphy bed is a big improvement over the sofa bed (I've stayed in the renovated rooms at Saratoga).

I booked a 1-bedrom for June 2023 with hopes they'll be all done by then - I requested specific 4th & 5th floor rooms facing the lake and hope I'll manage to get one of the requests - I've been lucky on 3 past stays at Boulder where I got a specific room number request fulfilled each time...I love the high floor lake view rooms.
That is always our room request too!

I'd say pretty high. Until you go, I would imagine the remaining rooms to be refurbed will be blocked off, leaving only the refurbed rooms to stay in.

Just returned from our BRV studio stay. We received a refurbished room on the ground floor of the short wing. I'm pretty sure the entire long wing was closed off and being worked on.

I took a few pictures before my kids "moved in" and made a mess of the room :) Sorry, I didn't get the bathroom or kitchenette area but can answer any questions. Overall, I think they did a great job with the refurb. It's modern but still has National Park vibes.CB7E34E6-5E4C-4755-82C0-A637DC8F570D.jpeg3B1CFD5D-022F-4119-B99B-23AC784FBF3D.jpeg7053B836-B685-4CDF-96A4-58F67BC8DF6D.jpeg

Just returned from our BRV studio stay. We received a refurbished room on the ground floor of the short wing. I'm pretty sure the entire long wing was closed off and being worked on.

I took a few pictures before my kids "moved in" and made a mess of the room :) Sorry, I didn't get the bathroom or kitchenette area but can answer any questions. Overall, I think they did a great job with the refurb. It's modern but still has National Park vibes.View attachment 731278View attachment 731280View attachment 731283
Hi thanks for the pics! I was curious if you hear much noise from construction in the building during the day?

We were in one of the closer rooms to the long wing and didn't hear much noise in our room at all. Maybe a little sawing mid morning one day but it was not loud. It was more noticeable if you were walking outside near that part of the building. I didn't mind it...the sound of progress! 😊

Anyone have any updates on the progress of the renovations at BRV? We arrive on January 28th for a 6 night stay ( our FIRST as actual BRV:yay: owners instead of guests using our BCV points :beach: ) We have a studio room booked, and just wondering what we might be encountering as far as what parts of building are shut down (or available i.e. where MIGHT we end up for location -lol?) How much construction are you seeing/hearing and has it interfered with the use of or enjoyment of the lovely fireplaces in the BRV lobby or "railroad "room?

I took a few pictures before my kids "moved in" and made a mess of the room :) Sorry, I didn't get the bathroom or kitchenette area but can answer any questions. Overall, I think they did a great job with the refurb. It's modern but still has National Park vibes.View attachment 731278View attachment 731280View attachment 731283
Since there are no table and chairs, does the coffee table /chest lift for use as a table like in some resorts? I hope so, otherwise this would be quite an issue having NO true eating surface at all in the room :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter