Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Even if the Florida EO changes, be careful coming back to NY. I’ve heard of many people being checked in on. I have to go to work so it’s not an option for me to quarantine for 2 weeks.
The reality is, there will only be a rise in cases and hospitalizations in Florida (and other states) from this point in time as long as everything remains open and it’s business as usual. I just hope they don’t get to that point, but unfortunately at the rate it’s going, it’s looking that way. I think it’s disgusting and ridiculous tri state is locked out but people from Texas and Alabama are free to go Florida theme parks and spread it to everyone! That alone puts it at an uncomfortable level for me. It makes zero sense!

Even if the Florida EO changes, be careful coming back to NY. I’ve heard of many people being checked in on. I have to go to work so it’s not an option for me to quarantine for 2 weeks.
The reality is, there will only be a rise in cases and hospitalizations in Florida (and other states) from this point in time as long as everything remains open and it’s business as usual. I just hope they don’t get to that point, but unfortunately at the rate it’s going, it’s looking that way. I think it’s disgusting and ridiculous tri state is locked out but people from Texas and Alabama are free to go Florida theme parks and spread it to everyone! That alone puts it at an uncomfortable level for me. It makes zero sense!
I can wfh when I return so a non issue. I don’t even go until September, anything can happen by then, good or bad.

The whole thing gives me a bad feeling...I won’t say what my gut instincts are telling me , but me personally, I feel I did the right thing to cancel my trip next month.
Yup, same boat here. We had originally pushed our April trip to July 15th-ish then to August 1st. This past week we made what was the inevitable decision for us and cancelled August. We're now looking ahead at our scheduled Christmas trip. A lot can happen between now and then (which is what we have said all along with both reschedules), hopefully the "a lot" that can happen between now and December is in the right direction.

Reactions: ;-)
There are articles out there from Florida based news stations calling out Desantis for his original hesitation in locking Florida down, not issuing a mandate for masks, and the mess that is their unemployment system. Nowhere but our and similar boards have I seen him being called out for not putting an effective quarantine on Florida. I've actually even seem some trolls on other sites recently telling the tri-staters to stay out. The governor is, by his nonaction, keeping the upcoming political convention the least restrictive as possible. I feel bad for Floridians as their leadership is working against them.

There are articles out there from Florida based news stations calling out Desantis for his original hesitation in locking Florida down, not issuing a mandate for masks, and the mess that is their unemployment system. Nowhere but our and similar boards have I seen him being called out for not putting an effective quarantine on Florida. I've actually even seem some trolls on other sites recently telling the tri-staters to stay out. The governor is, by his nonaction, keeping the upcoming political convention the least restrictive as possible. I feel bad for Floridians as their leadership is working against them.
I was catching up on this thread I thought of the Republican convention here in Jacksonville. I wonder how they will around the EO if it is still affect.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble because I know a lot of folks here are hoping for a relaxation of the travel restrictions, but I wouldn't count on it.

I just don't think anything is going to change as long as Florida's cases are surging, and I think the extension just 5 days ago is proof of that. To me, it's kind of counter-intuitive to see that extension happen and then think, "OK great, maybe they'll backtrack in a few days!"

Also, Gov DeSantis had a one-hour press conference in Bradenton yesterday and from media accounts I don't think the subject of the tri-state restrictions even came up. People here are much more concerned about tightening local regulations, enforcing social distancing, testing, treating, contact tracing and similar actions that will have some positive impact on Florida's caseload.

I know folks from those states feel deprived of an opportunity to vacation and I'm disappointed by DVC's hard-nosed stand (and glad we got out). I'm also fully aware that the DIS is the haven for Disneyphiles, and I hate to see fellow DISers disappointed.

But I don't think major change any time soon is realistic.

And your take on the Republican National Convention? No Tri-state Republicans allowed?

No one here is expecting the restrictions to go away, logic should dictate that the current hotspot states get added to the list while current "good" states are removed. Just as LA was removed earlier. FL currently restricts someone from a state with a one percent chance of being infected but doesn't restrict a state with a 20% chance. There is NO WAY you can apply any logic to the current situation.

And your take on the Republican National Convention? No Tri-state Republicans allowed?
The travel restrictions don't apply for legitimate business travel, so no, I would not expect any delegates to be excluded.

No one here is expecting the restrictions to go away, logic should dictate that the current hotspot states get added to the list while current "good" states are removed. Just as LA was removed earlier. FL currently restricts someone from a state with a one percent chance of being infected but doesn't restrict a state with a 20% chance. There is NO WAY you can apply any logic to the current situation.
The logic that applies is that it may be a YUGE priority here on the DIS, but it's not something Floridians lay awake nights worrying about. Disney vacations are not a major concern for most people here.

Most of us also have had to cancel vacations. My family had to cancel a 2 1/2 week Alaska bucket-list trip. We canceled it, swallowed whatever losses were involved, and moved on.

But the fact that YOU don’t lie away worrying about it does not excuse the state government of Florida not worrying about it. They should be protecting their citizens (including BTW my daughter!) by adding the current hot spot states to the quarantine list even if they don’t remove the tristate area. How does giving Texas and Arizona free access protect you??

We all know there is no logic. Unless you are from NY NJ or CT then You wouldn't understand or care why we are fighting this. I will be there in September. Unless we have other Covid issues of course. But this travel bs will not stop me. I see a legal avenue in the wording if anything.

The logic that applies is that it may be a YUGE priority here on the DIS, but it's not something Floridians lay awake nights worrying about. Disney vacations are not a major concern for most people here.

Most of us also have had to cancel vacations. My family had to cancel a 2 1/2 week Alaska bucket-list trip. We canceled it, swallowed whatever losses were involved, and moved on.

I don't even care about possible trip cancellations at this point. The lack of logic all of our govenments have shown during this crisis is what has me most annoyed. I would think there are many in FL who worry about travelers from hotspots. And your whole argument falls apart becuase FL already set the precedent when LA was removed, and I'm sure it was removed when it had worse numbers than NY/NJ/CT.

I beg to differ. YOU should be worried as a FL resident that your governor is giving free range to CURRENT HOTSPOTS travelers into your state. That is if you are even worried about keeping numbers down in FL and spreading it. When he removed LA from the EO in June guess what? LA numbers at that time were much higher then what the current NY/NJ/CT numbers are right now. So i ask you again...what is the logic behind him extending the EO on just the tri states? Why is he not ADDING the CURRENT HOTSPOTS to the EO? The silence from the governor on this very subject indicates there is something else because it sure is not being based on data and facts.

I beg to differ. YOU should be worried as a FL resident that your governor is giving free range to CURRENT HOTSPOTS travelers into your state. That is if you are even worried about keeping numbers down in FL and spreading it. When he removed LA from the EO in June guess what? LA numbers at that time were much higher then what the current NY/NJ/CT numbers are right now. So i ask you again...what is the logic behind him extending the EO on just the tri states? Why is he not ADDING the CURRENT HOTSPOTS to the EO? The silence from the governor on this very subject indicates there is something else because it sure is not being based on data and facts.
Asked and answered.

Could Florida be looking at death rate? I know the tri state area has had a lot of deaths. More than anyone else in the country. Texas right now has less deaths than Florida I believe as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter