Bring water into the parks

Allowed? Or able? 🤷🏻‍♂️ We do all the time. Also, walk up restaurants will give you a cup of ice if you ask them.

You can bring snacks too - just don't bring a cooler, especially one on wheels. If you have a large item and leave it unattended outside a ride/shop/restaurant, cast will call Security and they will search it.

Yes. I suggest bringing large insulated stainless steel water bottles. Fill up in your hotel room and add ice. They will stay cold all day.
We are buying bottled water from Garden Grocer... Can those plastic water bottles be brought in the parks? I am trying to limit what we as a family of six have to pack in our suit case

My recommendation is to put the water in an insulated stainless reusable bottle with ice. We use the 20 oz. Ecovessel and the ice lasts all day. you can also refill with cups of water from quick service counters. The only restriction is that you may run into with small coolers and regular water bottles is that Disney doesn't allow loose ice in them. Ice packs are ok.

We are buying bottled water from Garden Grocer... Can those plastic water bottles be brought in the parks? I am trying to limit what we as a family of six have to pack in our suit case
Yes. You can bring in plastic bottles. You just can't bring in anything made of glass. You also can't bring plastic disposable straws into the Animal Kingdom.

I usually get a case of water through the grocery delivery AND bring reusable bottles (or buy them there). I like having a water bottle to carry with me through the airport, so I don't have to pay airport prices for bottled water. I typically pack it in my carryon empty, then most airports have filtered water stations near the bathrooms beyond security.
I'll also buy a gallon or two of water to have in the room. We drink a ton of water, but I can't stand the taste of Florida water, so I've never had trouble getting through a case of water plus a gallon or two more, and we still end up getting cups of water from counter service too.

As for packing, and maybe this is already your plan, but I always pay to check at least one bag. I'll make sure everyone has a change of clothes in their carryon (in case the bag gets lost) but I have enough to deal with for the kids without having extra carryons to weigh us down.

We use plastic water bottles you buy in 24 packs and freeze them overnight. Much smaller to carry and they are cold all day. Also if you need a quick cool down, they are very cold to the touch. We tried the reusable insulated bottles once but they take up too much space for us.

Yes. I suggest bringing large insulated stainless steel water bottles. Fill up in your hotel room and add ice. They will stay cold all day.
My recommendation is to put the water in an insulated stainless reusable bottle with ice. We use the 20 oz. Ecovessel and the ice lasts all day. you can also refill with cups of water from quick service counters. The only restriction is that you may run into with small coolers and regular water bottles is that Disney doesn't allow loose ice in them. Ice packs are ok.
Any idea if the Star Wars refillable cup is insulated and will keep ice/cold?
would help give me a push over to buy it if so

We have a stroller, so we get the big 1 liter bottles delivered and take those into the parks with us. You can refill them or throw them away.

Universal made headlines in the past and quickly made a u-turn trying to disallow bringing water into the parks. I think technically they still have a 2-liter per person limit but doesn’t sound strictly enforced.

WDW allows bottled water. They banned ice cubes a couple years ago, you can still use ice packs. We like to throw some water bottles in the freezer every night, then bring a mix of cold & frozen bottles into the parks with us. Florida tap water has high sulfur content and many have trouble with the taste and the flatulence. Yep, if it smells like burnt matches and onions you’ve been drinking FL water. Brita travel filters are commonly recommended for those avoiding plastics & disposables.

The good thing about the FL water is the swamp taste is easily filtered out. So, a Brita water bottle works great. There is a little filter cartridge inside. We add ice to it whenever we stop to eat. We prefer the metal bottles since they seem to last longer

Any idea if the Star Wars refillable cup is insulated and will keep ice/cold?
would help give me a push over to buy it if so
Yes they are insulated and will keep ice all day. I have 2 I use almost every day at home 1 for coffee, 1 for an iced drink. They are perhaps my favorite insulated mugs to use at home. However, I would not recommend for use in the parks. The lid is just a compression fit and not 100% leak-proof. I would say its best suited for passive use and not for active use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter